Meeting the dancer

Sounds

 

Minhwan looked him as ‘are you serious?’ while Kyuhyun poked his arm. The lecturer was talking about the development of music through the years.

“And if you didn’t know. Rock has principles in classic music, Beethoven was the one who made the…”

Kyuhyun write a small note and throwing to Minhwan who look at the teacher.

Introduce me to him.

Minwhan shook his head, when the lesson ended; he threw the paper on the garbage. Kyuhyun frowned.

“Yah!!” Minhwan sighed holding the band of his brown bag.

“Why do you want to know him, I thought you hated him.”

Kyuhyun blinked confused “Why would I hate a cute pie like him?”

Minwhan breathe out “Listen Kyuhyun-ssi. He is Hyujae, the same Lee Hyukjae you were talking about yesterday at the canteen, the” Minwhan made quotation marks with his fingers “loser, you said” and sighed “so, no. I’m not going to introduce you to him, so you can mock him.”

Kyuhyun stopped thinking about what he heard. “Oh!” realization struck him “He is the dance captain!!?”

Minwhan rolled his eyes. “Bravo!”

Kyuhyun clicked his tongue “Well, I apologize, so introduce me to him. I will behave!”

Minhwan narrowed his eyes thoughtfully. “Okay. But I don’t take blame of whatever he will say to you.”

“How so?”

 

Kyuhyun smile was wiped off his face. Hyukjae just nodded and walked out. Kyuhyun astounded watched Minwhan.

“He ignored me!”

“I told you. He doesn’t speak with anyone right now. People has been bashing him since last year and now that he won, well, his team won first place, everybody wants to know him, and he doesn’t like double faced people.”

Kyuhyun watched his hand, Hyukjae didn’t even shake it. Even so, he remembered Hyukjae’s face dancing and he smiled.

“I will get you.”

 

Hyukjae was amazed. He just finished his dancing lesson, wiped the sweat away and somebody offered him a cold bottle of water.

“Thanks” Hyukjae said taking the plastic bottle thinking it was some of his teammates.

“So, since when you started liking dance?”

Hyukjae blinked turning his head to the person “K-Kyu… what was your name again?”

Kyuhyun huffed offended but breathed. Okay, he was playing hard to get, fine. He can wait.

“Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun, my major is traditional music, my stream is composing.”

Kyuhyun was proud, everybody flattered him, he was rich, has talent, and popular, that was why Donghae was his best buddy. Donghae was a singer and dancer though.

“I see. Then I guess you aren’t interested in dancing, so can you step out, please.”

Hyukjae opened the door wide, so Kyuhyun can go out. Changjo was inventing some steps, Taemin walked to Hyukjae.

“Hyung, break is over, Changjo wants to show you something, oh, and Jongup just make an amazing step, you must see it!”

Kyuhyun breath was taken away in a moment when Hyukjae for first time smiled warmly “I would love to see those steps” Tamenin nodded, and Hyukjae shouted “What about you, I guess your solo performance is next week, right?”

Taemin affirmed smiling and Hyukjae chuckled clapping his hands, ignoring Kyuhyun, leaving the door open. Kyuhyun wasn’t mad, no, he was bemused by how Hyukjae was acting like a real leader and caring.

“Changjo, show me those steps.”

“Yeah!”

The music started and the named moved his body, not as smoothly as Hyukjae, Kyuhyun thought but was good enough as he nodded.

“Good, just wave more your body.”

Chango blinked and Hyukjae made a wave, Kyuhyun wondered how Hyukjae’s body was so flexible.

“Jongup, you need to work more on your hands.”

“Yeah!!”

“Taemin, meet me after practice, your performance must be perfect.”

“Okay!!”

Kyuhyun grinned, this was different from music but so similar, their bodies were talking with moves, expressing feelings and Kyuhyun seated on the floor.

Hyukjae was panting. The boys, around ten left smiling towards Hyukjae who told them tomorrow was free of practice.

“Are you still here?”

Hyukjae asked him. Taemin was drinking water and Kyuhyun nodded offering another bottle and a towel.

“Thanks.”

Hyukjae took them, towel over his soaked hair.

“What do you want?”

Hyukjae asked him, not watching him. His eyes on the wall-mirror and Kyuhyun replied trailing the other’s gaze.

“I-I like how you dance, I just want to see you.”

“Aren’t you lying? You don’t want to mock me; saying of the contest was maybe low class or how the requirements were so low, so that’s why we won?”

Kyuhyun bit his tongue before answering, he was one of those who said those things without really knowing Hyukjae or his dancing skills and felt guilty.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why?”

“I-I did say some similar things, but I” Kyuhyun sighed “I was an right then, I’m sorry because I talk about you and your team, but now, I really admire you, I love how you dance!”

Kyuhyun showed a smile when he saw by the mirror, Hyukjae’s blushing cheeks.

“T-Thank you…”

“Hyung! I’m ready!”

Hyukjae stood; he didn’t tell Kyuhyun to go neither stay. Kyuhyun remained seated, a grin on his face as his syes sparkled.

“One, two, three and jump, four, five, six, and down, seven eight and jump again.”

Taemin was in sync with Hyukjae, and Kyuhyun felt a sting of something inside him, like a trigger was pulled and he frowned.

Hyukjae’s body was outstanding, the way it moved, but so many people watched him, so many like him admired him, and some others were jealous. Kyuhyun sighed, he wasn’t the one moving in sync, he didn’t even know about dancing.

“I-I want to dance too!!”

Hyukjae almost tripped on the step, turning wide eyed “What?”

“I want to dance too.”

Taemin chuckled, bowing and leaving the place. “I’ll tell Minwhan you’re still here.”

“’till tomorrow!”

Kyuhyun watched Hyukjae weirdly “You said tomorrow was free” and Hyukjae nodded.

“Yes, because I will spend all day with Taemin, this solo performance is a contest and he must win, he has the talent and Yunho put him on my care.”

“Ah…”

“Hyukkie!!!” Minwhan jumped to the named; who smiled taking him in his arms but complained.

“How many times I must told you I’m sweated!”

“It doesn’t mind. I love you!”

“Yeah, me too, now off.”

Kyuhyun frowned… Minwhan has a crush on Hyukjae, that’s—. Oh, Kyuhyun understood, but also understood Hyukjae love you didn’t mean the same as Minwhan, because Minwhan was pouting.

“Kyuhyun-ssi?”

Kyuhyun snapped out “Yeah?”

“What are you doing here?”

Asked Minwhan and Kyuhyun smirked “I’m a new member of this club!”

Hyukjae narrowed his eyes, mouthing Minwhan behind Kyuhyun ‘don’t mind him’. Minwhan chuckled nodding.

“You don’t know the hell here is.”

Kyuhyun didn’t comprehend what Minwhan meant at that time.