Severely

Sounds

 

Kyuhyun furrowed his brows watching at Donghae. The latter was fuming because the week between him and Hangeng was hectic. The more difficult steps Donghae made, Hangeng made steps easy to memorize yet catching the eye of the viewer, so it was an infinite battle between those two.

Kyuhyun pursued his lips. This wasn’t a good timing, so he turned around leaving behind the two dancers; he was also with some problems. Kyuhyun wanted to torture Hyukjae since the first day but he couldn’t since Minhwan was always next to him. So Kyuhyun ended up wandering around the building.

Kyuhyun trailed his stare to the whole dancing room, walking to Taemin.

“How long they have been like that?”

Kyuhyun asked him and Taemin shrugged.

“When I came, they were already making a dance battle.”

Kyuhyun leaned against the wall, arms crossed and he raised his brow, turning again to Taemin.

“Why Jongin and that brat of Kris are also dance battling?.”

Taemin chuckled without reason, maybe because was funny seeing how immature those were and how Kyuhyun was there, avoiding his composing time with Hyukjae.

“When Donghae-sunbae started to challenge Hangeng-ssi, Kris made fun of them learning every step from both and Jongin was pissed off as he told he can do that too, and the four ended up like that.”

Kyuhyun nodded slowly, it doesn’t make sense be angry for someone who doesn’t matter. He’ll never understand Donghae.

“And why are you here and not with Hyukjae-sunbae?”

Taemin asked tilting his head innocently, even when he already knew the answer.

Kyuhyun cringed his nodded and huffed as if he was annoyed by something and passed his hands through his hair.

“Every time Hyukjae steps inside the music room, Minhwan is with him!!” Kyuhyun exasperated said turning to Taemin “All day, every single second, ok, I get it, they love each other, so off, why they must show it in front of me, huh?”

Taemin widened and almost smirked. Could it be…?

“Kyuhyun-sunbae. Do you by any change feel annoyed by that and don’t want to see them together?”

Kyuhyun scoffed “Of course! I don’t want the person I hate to be happy!”

Kyuhyun statement with confidence and Taemin chuckled shaking his head. He never thought the supposed genius was so dense.

“Then, what about if you bully Hyukjae-sunbae?”

Taemin suggested and Kyuhyun rounded his eyes turning to the youngest of them.

“How so?”

Between Taemin’s plan and Kyuhyun oblivious, the first uttered.

“Hyukjae-sunbae doesn’t love you and you hate him,” Kyuhyun nodded a little bothered by the first fact in the sentence. Taemin continued “since seeing you is a bother to Hyukjae-sunbae, just your presence, like a stalker, would be a great way of bully him, believe me, he’ll feel even the remorse of letting you go.”

Kyuhyun blinked cocking his head “You think so?” his unsure voice told Taemin Kyuhyun wasn’t so idiot and he nodded.

“Of course, what better revenge to keep staking your ex and not letting him have a sweet date with his current boyfriend!”

Kyuhyun contemplate the idea as Taemin quickly added.

“Also, if you’re kind to him, he’ll regret every second without you. He’ll beg for you to love him.”

Taemin knew the last sentence wasn’t true, Hyukjae will never implore Kyuhyun to be together, but he wanted Kyuhyun to notice that hatred wasn’t really what he thought. Kyuhyun smirked widely.

“Sure! I’ll bother him that way.”

Before Taemin could utter another word, Kyuhyun left without even glancing at Donghae again. Taemin smiled, he wasn’t a manipulator, he just told Kyuhyun what the latter wanted. Taemin watched Donghae and his eyes flickered when he noticed Donghae never look at Kyuhyun while he was with Hangeng and that made him widened his eyes. It isn’t the first time, in true, Taemin noticed since he met Donghae, the latter just pays attention to the ones that surrounded Hyukjae.

“Taemin!” Donghae yelled when Jongin fell and Kris smirked, Taemin skipped to the Donghae “Yes?”

Donghae frowned and growled “Warm up! The one who learns these steps will be the winner of who will choreography the aperture.”

Taemin sighed, if they keep just fighting each other, nobody will finish the whole choreography.

 

 

Meanwhile Hyukjae took Minhwan by the arm, both sat in front of the piano and Minhwan released his arm softly, smiling at the blind man.

“I’m here Hyuk, Kyuhyun hasn’t return yet.”

Hyukjae relaxed, he smiled to his friend, the stress of his lie being found that was much for his mind and body as he sighed, tilting his head when he heard the brush of fingertips on the keys from the piano. Minhwan’s respiration was calm and Hyukjae smiled hearing how the room was filled with the music traveling through the air.

 

Letting you go without any expression, as if it's nothing -

I practiced doing that every day but it's still awkward

 

Minhwan closed his eyes feeling the music, thinking ‘ah, maybe this is what Hyukjae feels being wrapped in just one feeling.”

 

I also practiced how to secretly cry while smiling but

I feel like my trembling voice will give it away quickly

 

Hyukjae breathed slowly, hearing so near his friend’s voice, reaching him and Hyukjae tilted his head, wondering; who was the person that made Minhwan compose such sad melodies.

 

Loving is probably hundreds and thousands of times more difficult than breaking up

But I'm a fool that can't live without you - what do you want me to do?

 

Once time ago, when they traveled to China. Hyukjae asked Minhwan when was his fisrt love, because it was impossible make those songs without having loving someone. Minhwan didn’t reply, just hugged him tightly, and Hyukjae thought Minhwan’s first love was cruel, because Minhwan was perfect.

 

Severely, I guess I loved you too severely

I don't even breathe and I look around for you

I don't know when I'll be able to stop

Severely, I guess I loved you too severely

I think letting you go is more severe than dying

 

Hyukjae felt the sadness overwhelming his body. Then he evoked the times Minhwan told him ‘I love you’, and he chuckled, it can’t be, simple was impossible, because Minhwan never told him about love after he lost his sight, so Hyukjae was sure, Minhwan’s love toward him was just friendship.

 

No matter how much it hurts, every day I practiced

Trying to get used to spending a day as if it's nothing

 

Hyukjae then though about his love toward Kyuhyun, it was really painful loving someone and breaking up. Kyuhyun wasn’t the one for him, if he was, why he wasn’t the one chasing after him, why? Hyukjae chuckled bitterly and Minhwan flinched knowing Hyukjae’s mind wasn’t with him even when he was putting his soul in the lyrics as he smiled sadly.

 

I don't think I can forget you anyway

Even if I'm sick with an incurable disease

I'm a fool that can't live without you - what do you want me to do?

 

Minhwan felt his eyes burning and he glanced quickly toward Hyukjae, a love that was never his and would never be as he kept playing.

 

If this was how it's going to be, I shouldn't have loved

When will I forget you?

 

Minhwan was so absolved on the music, his own feelings and how far Hyukjae was from him, that he didn’t saw Kyuhyun standing at the door, with hand on the pommel, furrowing his brows watching intensely toward Hyukjae.

 

Foolishly, I guess I loved you so foolishly

Because of you, I can't even dream of another love

I'm a fool that only knows you - what do you want me to do?

 

Kyuhyun bitterly chuckled in silence. His eyes landed on the delighted Hyukjae and Minhwan’s pondering his feelings to the Hyukjae. Kyuhyun frowned and closed the door, not wanting to watch more, for some reason his heart sank as he leaned against the closed door and shut his eyes down, feeling a string of deep pain, hearing Minhwan’s singing.

 

You remain deeper than a scar in my heart so I can't erase you

 

Kyuhyun shook his head to snap off his thoughts, heading to the exit as he took out from his wallet Hyukjae’s picture again and bit hard his lower lip, this feeling piercing his heart, surely was hate but why it hurt so much?

Kyuhyun ignored the hoobaes, he fastened his steps to his car and after hopping on, he step to full speed, reaching his house in no time as he slammed the door and walked to his desk, throwing sheets of compositions all over the place and he slumped on the floor with two sheets in hand.

“Our song.”

Kyuhyun muttered and shattered the sheets with hatefully. Chuckling.

“Bull, you already have someone to sing. I’ll…”

Kyuhyun widened his eyes as his hand headed to his cheeks, feeling the warmest bitter emotion, tears.

“Why…?”

Kyuhyun asked breathless, not knowing if it was about why he was crying or why Hyukjae really left him.