Breathless

Sounds

Sorry for being late, I'm studying for an exam, if I pass, I can get a public job. Thank you for read and enjoy!

 

 

Minwhan eyes traveled to Kyuhyun after he stepped in; “good morning.”

Kyuhyun nod curtly, sitting across them, taking out from his suitcase the music sheets, not noticing some personal sheets mixed.

“I want a song quiet at the beginning, then the decibels high and the rap there, a mix of trot and hip hop.”

Hyukjae nodded, it could work, with some details. Kyuhyun watched the petite one intensely and sighed when Hyukjae never turned to see him.  

Minhwan explained everything to Hyukjae, and Kyuhyun frowned, “You’re so useless that Minhwan needs to write for you?”

Hyukjae went silent for a moment, before continuing his explanation to Minhwan and what he wanted for the lyrics and the beat.

“Yeah, a quick rap in a high tune, followed by a low husky. It’ll work, we mix it and—”

“It won’t work; I will not ruin my composition with something so low and random.”

Kyuhyun snapped back.

Hyukjae sighed and turned to where he knew Minhwan was “Let’s talk with the producer.”

Kyuhyun stood fuming, throwing the sheets of music “Am I invisible? Fine!” and stomped out of the room. Minhwan shook his head.

“You can be nicer to him.”

Hyukjae negated and sighed “I can’t. If he finds about my blindness, he’ll pity me for sure, I’m not that weak.”

Minhwan bent to pick the scattered sheets on the floor, and cocked his head. He blinked, it were a slight yellowish sheets with clumsy handwrite, it was hard to see the music and lyrics since everything was covered in scotch tape. Minhwan set it on the desk, opening his mouth to tell Hyukjae when his phone sounded and he picked the call.

“Now?”

Minhwan turned to Hyukjae and nodded biting his lip.

“Okay, I’ll be there.”

Hyukjae moved his head “What was it?”

“My father, he called me. He said if I attend this meeting, he’ll put me again in the inheritance, if not, I will be officially dead to him.”

Hyukjae made an apologetically face.

“I’m sorry; he disowned you after you left Korea with me.”

“Don’t be, I will do the same again, if you tell me not to go, I’ll stay.”

Minhwan took Hyukjae’s hand and leaned slowly, so near the latter’s face as he grimace pulling off.

“I-I’ll go then.”

 

 

The clock sounded endlessness into Hyukjae’s ears, making him like going crazy, how much time it had passed? Minhwan will return, he was sure and… Kyuhyun, he surely left.

Outside the place the night was falling and Hyukjae stood bored, he knew the room, it was wide and just the desk in the middle, steps at his left, near the window were the instruments to play.

Hyukjae stood slowly, his fingertips brushing the sheets and table, he walked four steps to the door, and with his foot searched for the space to be free, he breathed in deeply and closed his eyelids even when wasn’t necessary and he smiled, imaging the sound of music as he started to move his body.

One, two, three and four…

Hyukjae could imagine he was on a stage, remembering the first time he stepped one after his incident, and he chuckled, suddenly he tripled with something and fell, wincing in pain. It was as that time after the operation, when he tried to dance, he fell over and over again, his dreams fading and his heart shattering, good thing Minhwan was there, always.

Hyukjae stood and sat, he didn’t know how much Minhwan was necessary to him, or maybe he did and pretended to not, such a selfish person.

“I’m sorry.”

Hyukjae muttered when the door opened, he turned to the sound “You’re late!”

Hyukjae waited for Minhwan to talk, and then he chewed his bottom lip, maybe Minhwan was depressed and his father finally disowned completely.

“It’s okay, I can hear you wherever you want, come meanwhile.”

Hyukjae barely could hear the steps, and he frowned. “Okay, don’t talk, I’ll tell you what I want you to write and do so, please.”

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, sitting across Hyukjae almost in silence. Why the sudden change of attitude, actually, Kyuhyun returned because when he opened his suitcase, the most important composition he made wasn’t inside.

“I was thinking, maybe it is right and two mixed raps isn’t nice, so what about the low husky, since the beat is slow.”

Kyuhyun nodded, he didn’t know what to say and didn’t want to spoil the nice atmosphere, maybe Hyukjae was just harsh to him wherever Minhwan was there too and Kyuhyun smiled, finally he could talk with Hyukjae then. Kyuhyun opened his lips to say something, or ask maybe many things; the words, though, remained stuck on his throat.

“By the way, why do you think Kyuhyun is more childish than before? You really mean it when you said I need to be nicer to him?”

Kyuhyun rounded his eyes and Hyukjae tilted his head.

“Minhwan?”

Kyuhyun gaped, his hand over his mouth. This was a bad joke, Hyukjae was cruel.

“Minhwan, it has already been more than fifteen minutes and you’re still silence. Tell something!”

Hyukjae yelled annoyed, Minhwan knew Hyukjae could get anxious if Minhwan didn’t talk to him, because it would be like talking in solitude.

The door opened again and Minhwan was panting, he was scolded by his father, the eldest son got everything and he just got the last name as a memento, no inheritance.

Minhwan didn’t mind as long as Hyukjae would be with— Minwhan gasped when he saw Kyuhyun watching at an oblivious Hyukjae and Minhwan shook his head in shock.

Kyuhyun turned to see the widened eyes of Minhwan and slowly, everything set on his mind, why Hyukjae fell when he dragged him that time, why Hyukjae never looked at him, every missing piece of the puzzle that made him think he really hated Hyukjae was set in place and Kyuhyun was breathless, he couldn’t utter a word, he was stunned on place.

Minhwan his dry lips and forced a smile, walking silently to Hyukjae who named him “Minhwan?”

Kyuhyun closed his mouth and Minhwan glared him for first time and frowned to him, as he turned to Hyukjae.

“Yeah?”

Hyukjae sighed and smile “I thought you were mad at me for losing your inheritance, glad it wasn’t. You’re finally talking.”

Minhwan wiped his tears, his hand searching Hyukjae’s one.

“It is late, let’s go home.”

Hyukjae stood and limped a little. Minhwan stopped.

“Don’t worry,  tried dancing here but since you weren’t with me, I fell, silly me. Seriously.”

Minhwan hummed in response, afraid to say something, feeling in any moment he’ll break. He wasn’t worried, he was just think about Hyukjae and how sad the latter will be if knows Kyuhyun discovered his lie.

 

 

Once Hyukjae hopped in the car; Minhwan told Hyukjae to wait, because he forgot something, the latter nodded.

Kyuhyun, whom trailed behind them, was pushed against the wall and he widened his eyes, never he saw Minhwan like this.

“If you say something, you’re carrier is done.”

Minhwan threatened and Kyuhyun frowned “W-what, why, I mean, how, why Hyukjae is…”

Minhwan pulled off passing a hand over his hair and stared at Kyuhyun, “You really want to know?”

Kyuhyun briefly nodded, so lost, his eyes searching the door outside, trying to focus Hyukjae. Minhwan intercepted the gaze and stared back at Kyuhyun.

“Don’t ever think in asking Hyukjae, if you really felt something for him once; stay in silence.”

Kyuhyun gulped “I-I want to know, how this happened?”

Minhwan turned to see Hyukjae and then toward Kyuhyun, sighing.

“How do you feel about Hyukjae?”

Kyuhyun widened his eyes, how does he feel? He… his heart sank, he always said it was hate, even when he wrote to Hyukjae a song while he was in Germany, it is supposed to be hate, so… “I don’t know.”