Donghae

Sounds

 

Being a kind person was tired, Donghae thought that when he met Hyukjae in first year of college. One can’t pretend be always kind and selfless.

Not when the person you admire the most, the one who recommended you to KyungHee University, pays more attention to someone who is just poor and with no merits.

Donghae curriculum was filled with good grades and teachers’ recommendation letters, even Yunho sign was there. Donghae was proud of being the best student, the kindest, the friendliest, he was perfect, his mother told him he needed to be perfect in order to be successful, he didn’t need to do great things, just smile and pretend, Donghae was okay with that.

It wasn’t hard, just… tired.

Donghae grinned watching Yunho and frowned when he saw Hyukjae warming up, it was past eight that night and nobody was in the practice room except for those two.

Yunho was smiling, not the same smile he sees everyday but a proud smile and Donghae turned back on his heels. Yunho wasn’t worth of his concern because he was just looking at Hyukjae.

“I’m better.”

Donghae muttered once he was in his room talking with his brother, same brother nodded.

“I know, you don’t make effort memorizing the steps and your body flows with the rhythm, that’s why mom send you to arts and me to economics.”

Donghae couldn’t agree more, he was perfect. Everybody in the dance club loved him, and he didn’t need Yunho even when he was the reason why Donghae make it to that school.

 

 

“Donghae-ssi, do you want to have lunch with me?”

Donghae rolled his eyes pretending not hear Hyukjae when he saw Yunho.

“Donghae, nice timing, I need to talk with you and Hyukjae.”

Donghae sighed trailing after the Yunho.

“Well, I need your attention.”

Donghae raised lazily his eyes, Hyunseung raised his eyes stopping his stretches, Junghyun also stopped inventing steps, Siwoo and T.K obliged after drinking water.

“I want to select my replacement, the new leader for the team; next week will be held a competition, so I wrote your names on the lists since it is for solo performances.”

“It is sad, most of you are freshman, just Hyunseung is sophomore so I have hopes in all of you.”

It was okay, Donghae was the best, not matter what he was even accepted by the whole dance team, Hyukjae himself told Donghae was better than him.

 

 

Hyukjae lied and Donghae hate him more than before, it wasn’t tired being hypocrite? Donghae was tired of being nice when he didn’t feel like it, he was tired of trying something, to gain Yunho’s attention, suddenly, everything was tiring and… Hyukjae went to him.

“I really liked your dance, it was flawless.”

Donghae laughed.

“Double-face.”

Hyukjae widened his eyes in surprise.

“You practiced behind my back, you told me I was better to lower by guard, you lied to me, even now.”

Hyukjae shook his head.

“That’s not it! You’re better Donghae, it was just I went with the flow…”

Donghae glared Hyukjae.

“I’m quitting the team.”

 

 

Yunho didn’t back off even then, the principal even scolded Yunho, no words changed his mind “Hyukjae has talent” he said and Donghae hated more Hyukjae.

“He is just a poor boy pretending be the same class as us.”

T.K said dropping his towel and staring at Yunho, Hyukjae didn’t attended that day because he was working in the café.

Yunho shook his head.

“The ones who don’t want Hyukjae as the leader for second year, step out the club, we don’t need grieved feelings in dancing.”

Yunho believed in them, he was sure they would change their minds and he felt betrayed when everyone left, the next day he welcomed Hyukjae.

“Where is everyone sunbae.”

Yunho didn’t say a word about that matter until two weeks after, that time he just pressured Hyukjae’s shoulder.

“You’re now the team leader, make me proud.”

 

 

Donghae changed his stream, never stepping inside the dance room again, he have met Kyuhyun before but not as that day when Kyuhyun told him.

“You sing is really nice, I like more the music you play though.”

Donghae smiled, he just need to be friendly, Kyuhyun was similar to him, and both could be themselves in front of each other, still Kyuhyun was just friendly, with a wall over him, an invisible wall.

“Do you like women?”

Donghae asked and Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders.

“I think I’m aual.”

It was a lie.

Donghae knew when the second year, after his feeling of hatred grew toward Hyukjae because he won the national competition and even the principal whom once defended him told him Hyukjae was amazing. The same second year in college; Kyuhyun told him with a grin.

“I guess I have a crush.”

Donghae was okay, it wasn’t as if someone could share and be a better match to Kyuhyun than him, it was an affair, just a crush, until Kyuhyun stopped talking, each time their time lessening.

 

 

One day Kyuhyun arrived limping and Donghae blood boiled, he tried to joke even when he was angry.  

“Why are you walking like someone you?”

Kyuhyun blushed and Donghae frowned.

“I-I… shut up Hae!! I was just dancing!!!”

Donghae stopped on his tracks, confused face as he saw Kyuhyun limping and holding his back waist with a hand.

“Dancing?”

Donghae sighed, he was tired of that word and then his brain started to work, there was no more dancers of the last years, everyone changed the club and... maybe a freshman or maybe… whom was Kyuhyun’s crush?

“You really didn’t get right?”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes glaring him, when Donghae heard the name Jongin, immediately made a research about the boy.

Jongin wasn’t one of the richest neither poorly, just so-so, Donghae, even against his word to never stepped inside the dance room, went to there, finding no Hyukjae.

Minhwan was cheering the members with drinks and turned to him.

“What brings you here?”

Donghae asked him who was Jongin, the named had a blank expression.

“Who’re you?”

“Do you know Kyuhyun?”

Jongin lips curled into a smirk.

“That klutz, he surely complained about me then, sadly, I don’t want problems, so get lost, thank you.”

Donghae widened his eyes, Minhwan kept silent.

 

 

Donghae was annoyed, it has been days and Kyuhyun hasn’t showed, suddenly his eyes grew when he felt an arm around his shoulders.

“Hae! I’m surely in love!!”

Kyuhyun beamed feeling delighted and Donghae frowned.

“What?”

“Hyukjae is the best person I have ever met.” Kyuhyun continued “Did you know that he is an amazing dancer and raps as well,”

Kyuhyun was talking more and more while Donghae felt boiling inside.

“…y and cute, and oh! you were with him in the dance club last year—Hae?”

Kyuhyun stopped his daydream when he saw Donghae walking away with fist at the sides murmuring “I’m gonna kill him.”

 

 


 

This was necesary, so you'll understand Donghae, next chappie will be what happens after Minhwan is in the infirmary -winks-.