Sleepless

Sounds

 


Kyuhyun fidgeted on his place, shifting from toe to toe with a grin before Hyukjae's place.

“I did sing well, right?”

Hyukjae pretended to think about it before nodding at the pouting male. Hyukjae held his tongue from saying, 'you sang far from well, it was amazing!'; yet he couldn't express those words because it was hard, he wasn't used, so just a vague “Yeah...” left his lips.

“I'm usually better and I'm not flattering, it was just today I was out of rhythm.”

Hyukjae showed a small smile seeing Kyuhyun so nervous and he cleared his throat.

“I like you, but maybe I'll like more your voice, is like velvet.”

Kyuhyun dropped his hand to he side dumbfounded “Huh?”

“Anyhow, I need to go, must wake tomorrow early for fetch the guys and practice.”

Kyuhyun glanced at the small door and pressed his bottom lip softly with his teeth before sighing.

“I-I have a car, I don't drive often but I can, you know, pick you up and them, so...”

Hyukjae's lips cracked a smile and he winked at Kyuhyun. “Wanna have a cup of coffee then, I must repay you with something.”

Kyuhyun nodded furiously, he saw many movies and read several manhwas and always a cup of coffee lead to a kiss! So he rubbed his hands nervously while stepping inside the apartment.

“Sorry for the intrusion.” Kyuhyun whispered slowly taking off his shoes while Hyukjae smiled to himself.

After some minutes, Kyuhyun glanced carefully again the place, not finding something to pick his interest and he almost jumped when he heard a faked cough from Hyukjae and blinked watching the cup of hot coffee beaming, the weather was dropping at night and he felt warm inside after sipping a little.

“It's sweet.”

Kyuhyun murmured slowly and Hyukjae felt flustered “I-I like sweet things, I know for a man isn't right at all, still I always crave for this fluffy taste in my mouth, hope you don't mind though.”

Kyuhyun found that cute as he shook his head.

“Not at all, I like sweets also.”

It wasn't more than the time spent to finish the coffee Kyuhyun could be with Hyukjae chatting some things, Kyuhyun found Hyukjae wanted to win the competition, so he could be a renowned dancer and felt proud, Kyuhyun also shared his dreams.

“I want to finish college in German, there are great composers and... well, you know my major is classic music, so yeah... I just want to win it by myself and not by my father support, stupid, right?”

Kyuhyun asked ashamed, he thought he was working hard all these years and now he felt embarrassed knowing Hyukjae was the one really working hard to achieve his dream.

“Not at all, that just shows how much you love music, I'll support you.”

Hyukjae smiled widely and Kyuhyun sipped again the cup even when there was nothing in now.

Kyuhyun stood, skipping to the door and turned waiting for his kiss, he wait and Hyukjae grinned.

“Come at six in the morning, Jongin is the hardest to wake, so we need to go for him first.”

Kyuhyun's jaw fell amused and grimaced at the lack of affect display.

“Oh, I almost forget!” Hyukjae pronounced and Kyuhyun's eyes lifted.

“Yes?”

“Before you come here, please buy vitamin drinks for the boys.”

Kyuhyun nodded feeling dejected and sighed.

“Oh!” Hyukjae remembered and Kyuhyun raised his head quickly and Hyukjae added “And water for Minhwan, he likes that more, and...”

Kyuhyun cringed his nose a little annoyed, muttering something under his breath as Hyukjae remembered him to go and buy gasoline and to clean the car and...

“Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun turned to watch Hyukjae and blinked before his eyes went wide, feeling lips brushing his cheek and he felt giddy.

“I was joking, I just need you to come and fetch me at seven.”

Kyuhyun nodded slowly, beaming in happiness inside as he cleared his throat and turned walking away, Hyukjae chuckled waving good bye before closing the door.

 

 

Kyuhyun sneaked later inside his room and almost screamed seeing his friend, Donghae sitting on his bed with open eyes at the door, now at Kyuhyun.

“H-Hae?”

Kyuhyun whispered and gulped hard. Donghae stare was cold and distant before showing a friendly glint that relaxed Kyuhyun.

“Hi~ I was jut waiting for you, I told your dad you were here with me, so don't worry, how was your day?”

Kyuhyun sighed in relief and grinned sitting next to his friend.

“Perfect! Hyukjae has a great eye when he sees a dancer and...” Donghae eyes darkened for a moment as he nodded, thinking on how to make Hyukjae show his low self, frowning when he heard.

“I sang a song for him, you should have seen him! He was all flustered and his ears were almost red, his smile is so bright and...”

Donghae clenched his jaw “So sang for him? You don't even like singing in school performances.”

Kyuhyun nodded and sighed lovingly the words “He is special, Hyuk deserves everything I have and everything I am.”

“I see...” Donghae dragged heavy the words, Kyuhyun oblivious thinking on how cool he looked at the karaoke.

 

 

Being in love wasn't Hyukjae's best interest neither his priority, and he turned around in the blankets sighing.

Kyuhyun smile was thin yet sunny, his eyes brimmed watching at Hyukjae and his thin lips parted to say sweet or embarrassed things that made him cute and Hyukjae found himself thinking more and more in Kyuhyun.

“He just said he likes me.”

And proposed  a marriage.

“Surely that was a joke though.”

Hyukjae sighed watching the window.

Love wasn't something he yearned for, and it was frightening how in few days started to long for Kyuhyun's presence and comments as he smiled.

“Maybe it will work.”

Hyukjae told to his self and chuckled, so many thoughts inside his mind and even when he tried his best to just think about new steps, his mind traveled to Kyuhyun smiling face over and over again.

The next morning Kyuhyun, the ring bell and Hyukjae opened the door already dressed but with eye bags and Kyuhyun cupped Hyukjae's cheeks.

“H-Hyuk?”

Hyukjae nodded lightly, throwing his body to Kyuhyun who caught him speechless and smiled lifting him, he wasn't light neither heavy, Kyuhyun could felt Hyukjae's bones and muscles and he sighed a content smile.

“Pull me down...”

Hyukjae muttered drowsy and Kyuhyun shook his head. “Not gonna happen, just sleep, I'll wake you up.”

Once in the car, Hyukjae really lost his mind feeling Kyuhyun's presence next to him and smiled, feeling relaxed and silly about thinking on Kyuhyun all night to find in few second, he is really falling for the boy driving the car and maybe his heart.

“Hyuk...?”

Hyukjae half heard between his foggy mind “I love you.”

When he awoke, the words erased from his brain and he blinked yawning and stretching, hopping off the car, followed by Kyuhyun.

The boys already waiting for him warming up and Kyuhyun nodded to himself, it wasn't time yet, just being slowly dating was enough for now.

Cheering Hyukjae was his priority for now, to Kyuhyun, watching Hyukjae enjoying dancing and losing in the music was mesmerizing and over and over again his heart melted at each step and beat of the music, the sounds of joy filling his ears and the boys' laughs reaching him and sharing his happiness.