Distorted Truth

Sounds

 

Jongin rounded eyes watched how Hyukjae turned his back to him as he felt a pat on his shoulders and saw a smirk.

“Snap off, Hyukjae already threw you, as everyone here, you know why?”

The boys frowned. Kris just kept his arrogance.

“Why?” Taemin finally dared to ask. Kris snorted.

“Because you were the first ones to drop him, you didn’t care to know what happened to him.”

Jongin threw a punch that was dodged. Jongup held him as he struggled to be free so he could hit the arrogant young man before him.

“You know nothing!”

Jongin shouted back feeling offended. They did ask the principal, nobody gave them answers at that time and every one life was a mess.

“Of course I don’t know!” Kris scoffed, remembering how he met Hyukjae. The latter helped to finish his dancing lessons and Kris searched after Hyukjae like crazy, traveling to the States after saving money, and just by luck finding Hyukjae. The latter never told Kris about being abandoned but Kris wasn’t happy, he never like that the person he admires’ friends didn’t search for the true. Kris continued his speech feeling those who reclaimed Hyukjae wasn’t in any position to do so.

“You aren’t worth, because… you just gave up hopes to find Hyukjae after some disappointments, contrary to you. Hangeng and I did never stop, that was why we found that Hyukjae…”

Kris was losing his cool, feeling frustrated at the ignorance of those boys as he felt a hand over his shoulder and a calm voice.

“Enough.”

Jongin and the boys finally landed their eyes on the eldest, Hangeng smiled.

“Hyukjae isn’t the one you met before, so just work hard. Kris and I will leave if you’re better than us.”

Donghae frowned, he was indignant. He was the best and his blood was boiling.

“I am the choreographer, not you.”

Hangeng turned and chuckled “I don’t mind, we’re here because Hyukjae called for us, we don’t care about you at all.”

Between the tension; Donghae felt his bowels in fire when he heard the innocent question that one of the boys asked.

“Where’s Kyuhyun-sunbae?”

Kris shoved the boys off and walked out the room followed by the eldest, while Donghae stepped out in a rush, searching for his boyfriend.

 

 

Kyuhyun hastened his steps. He didn’t even know when he stepped out of that tense room, and neither mind. His only thoughts focused on Hyukjae and his betrayal. He couldn’t leave them be happy, not when he was the one dumped by Hyukjae.

He scanned the place, watching the dance students finally making the car wheels Donghae told them to as a test for the cast as he grunted.

Heading his feet to the corner to turn toward the exit, he saw them. Hyukjae hand was entwined with Minhwan’s.

“It’s okay…”

Kyuhyun heard Minhwan uttering softly to Hyukjae.

Clenching his fist, Kyuhyun stumped his steps, breaking the contact between Minhwan’s hand and the dancer, taking Hyukjae’s hand.

“W-what?”

Hyukjae stuttered, stumbling on his feet as he was dragged, he turned to where he guessed was Minhwan; who instead of shouting his name, said;

“Kyuhyun!! Let him go!!”

Hyukjae tried to stop, struggling, when he clashed against something before him, falling, hearing a shattering sound.

Hyukjae anxiously, started to touch the floor, and he winced when his hand was injured by the broken vase, water splattered around him as he heard a scoff.

“What a lame dancer you are, a klutz that shows off wearing shades in cloistered places.”

Kyuhyun formulated acidly, for a moment he wanted to bent and help Hyukjae, but his rage was bigger. He didn’t saw how Hyukjae hand was injured, he just mocked him.

“I know, so pathetic.”

Hyukjae sadistically uttered as he stood, afraid of showing his sightlessness. He exhaled in relief when finally his feet were firm stood.

Kyuhyun frowned when Hyukjae was side facing him, watching at other thing, ignoring him.

“Look at me when I talk to you!”

Kyuhyun yelled and Hyukjae felt pain, how much he wanted to say he couldn’t see; look was an action he never could do again, his mouth remained sealed for a moment holding his emotions.

“You’re not worth, that’s why.”

Hyukjae said in its place, wanting to run out from there and find a safe place, where was Minhwan? why he wasn’t yet there?

“That’s why you broke with me, so you could go to New York?” Kyuhyun hissed “Minhwan knew, right?, how foolish of me, I told you about going to Germany for both of us and you just left cheating me.”

Hyukjae widened his, even if he couldn’t see, he was surprised and as reflection, he turned to where he guessed was Kyuhyun.

“What are you talking about? Minhwan and I…”

Kyuhyun huffed “Don’t lie Hyukjae, you’re not someone better for being here as a renowned star, you’re as people said before, trash, scum that climbed in status. You cut ties of love for what? this?”

Hyukjae breath was cut, he never tried to crush his lover, it wasn’t as if he wanted. He tried to tell Kyuhyun, but…

“Shut your mouth off.”

Hyukjae turned to the voice, he felt a hand and immediately knew it was Minhwan’s. The voice though, was rash.

“Hyukjae doesn’t need to hear your trashy blabbering; you really think he is scum?”

Kyuhyun frowned at the younger man before him, standing next to Hyukjae.

“Then as Hyukjae said, beat us; break this team and you and that petty boys left behind will be better, till that, shut up.”

“That isn’t something you must say.”

Kyuhyun clenched his fist, remembering the younger’s face, the half chinese.

“I’m just going to say one thing now, I never cheat on you, it was after we broke, Minhwan and I started dating.”

Hyukjae cringed at his own voice inside his soul. Minhwan rounded his eyes snapping his head toward Hyukjae while Kyuhyun, even if was negating it, felt his last hope crumbling down. He, deep inside, wanted to know Minhwan and Hyukjae relationship at the current moment as he chuckled almost soundlessly.

“Donghae is better, we’ll definitely win over you…”

Kyuhyun turned and stopped

“Oh. I forgot, I also started dating someone after you left, I told you, right? Donghae is better than you, and I wasn’t meaning just as a dancer, but as a lover.”

Hyukjae gripped his tight hold in Minwhan’s hand as he forced a smile.

“I’m happy you found someone, that way you’ll not be pestering me as before.”

Minhwan saw Hyukjae’s tears behind the shades and leaded him to the exit, trailed by Kris and Hangeng.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t protect you.”

Minhwan whispered while he stole a last glance toward Kyuhyun, who clashed his fist against the wall, as his eyes were fuming.

“Hyukjae…”

Minhwan wanted to tell, maybe everything wasn’t lost, there was a slight hope for Hyukjae and Kyuhyun, still, for first time, he closed his lips.

“Let’s go home.”

 

 

Kris frowned at Hyukjae, knowing the latter wasn’t watching him as he messed his own hair.

“I was a bastard right there, gosh, I’m feeling so awful, you have look their faces, anyhow, at some point I got mad at them, sorry.”

Hyukjae shook his head, taking out his shades.

“I’m sorry, I told you I needed you here because your dancing skills, yet you were dragged in my mess, you can go if you want.”

Hangeng sighed and Kris huffed.

“We never betray a friend, and it would hurt my pride when they win, because I will look as a stupid mouthier, but if you want them to be the best here, I’ll help you.”

Hangeng tsk-ed.

“I want to help, but I need a little revenge in that Donghae man, I don’t like him.”

Minhwan set the table and Kris helped Hyukjae to sat, he smiled warmly at the eldest.

“Why you didn’t tell to him the real reason you left?”

Minhwan sat next to Hyukjae, guiding his hands to the spoon as Hyukjae sighed heavy.

“I don’t want pity, if he had truly loved me, we still would be together.”

 

 

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was on a street food place, drinking soju. His system filled with liquor as he loosened his tie.

“Right! What I was expecting, huh?”

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, watching three bottles and he chuckled. His heart sank at the memories, to think he for a brief moment, wanted Hyukjae to negate everything and just say… forget it, those three words never were true, love wasn’t in Hyukjae’s dictionary.

“I hate him, you…” Kyuhyun pointed at his own face “you, Cho Kyuhyun hate Lee Hyukjae…”

Kyuhyun drank another shot. His cellphone shut down laying on the table.

Hyukjae face was hidden from him, Hyukjae eyes… when will he see those brown eyes? Will he ever could again?

“I do hate you.”

Kyuhyun hiccupped saying those words as he took out his wallet, he laughed at his own self, hating someone was somehow like having a crush, you think of him all day and night, and what Kyuhyun hated the most was that never he could forget Hyukjae, so instead of love, hate was a good reason to deceive his heart.

Kyuhyun knew when in the wallet, after he set the money for the bill on the table, he took too a crushed picture of a young boy holding a puppy and a bright smile.

“I… just, hate you…”

Kyuhyun smiled bitterly passing his thumb over Hyukjae’s face.