Love Song

Sounds

 

Kyuhyun observed cheekily to the sheet; it was just half of the music and a small paragraph. Well, at least he finished a part of it and he sighed messing his hair.

The door opened and Kyuhyun turned quickly, smiling at the guest, Hyukjae was dazzling, his hair neat, smile in lips, dress-pants, and over his shirt a dark blue cardigan, Hyukjae shyly rubbed his hands stepping near Kyuhyun who felt his heart quickly thumping.

“You’re here.”

Hyukjae chuckled and rolled his eyes “Where else would I be then?”

It was then when Kyuhyun snapped off rubbing the nape of his neck and cleared his throat.

“I, well, you’ll leave tomorrow and I, you see…”

Hyukjae amused wait, Kyuhyun was stuttering and talking in blabbers, neither of his previous wooers talked to him like that.

Kyuhyun clicked his tongue with the roof of his mouth and sighed.

“I haven’t finished this, but I will, this is special because is our love song, so listen and don’t laugh at the end.”

Hyukjae nodded waiting, standing next to the piano and Kyuhyun his lips and breathed in.

His fingers played the keys gracefully for around more than thirty seconds as his lips opened to match melodious with the tune.

 

I’m praying to the sky I want see you and hold you more,

that I want to see you and hold you more

 

It can’t be if it’s not you

I can’t be without you,

it’s okay if I’m hurt for a day and a year like this,

it’s fine even if my heart’s hurts,

yes, because I’m just in love with you

 

Hyukjae felt his breath being held when Kyuhyun stopped suddenly the song and he almost whined when he heard no more. Kyuhyun was feeling embarrassed, it was the first time he sang just for a special person and he grinned.

“I-I know is just a few lines, but it was the best I could do.”

Hyukjae didn’t say anything, he just sat next to Kyuhyun and smiled.

“It is enough, I’m liking it.”

Kyuhyun stopped playing with the keys in the piano and turned to Hyukjae.

“I’m already missing you, a week is a long time.”

Hyukjae laughed at the cuteness, his hand cupping Kyuhyun’s cheek, eyes locked on Kyuhyun ones, taking aback the latter.

“You live more than eighteen years without me, a week is nothing.”

Kyuhyun cringed his nose muttering how heartless Hyukjae was when he felt a brush of lips on his cheek and Kyuhyun widened his eyes.

“I’ll miss you too.”

Another kiss at the corner of his lips before Hyukjae walked out of the place waving his farewell.

“I know you wake late, so you don’t need to say goodbye at the airport tomorrow, just finish that song, okay?”

Kyuhyun nodded absentminded and sighed when the door was closed before a grin broke on his face.

 

 

Hyukjae exited the university, Minhwan and the boys already left and he didn’t want to spend more time with Kyuhyun, it was true he yearn for the competition but the boy grew on Hyukjae, so he was afraid he will waver.

Hyukjae breathed the cold air shivering slightly, he smiled thinking how near his dream was, and how the boys work hard so it didn’t take years but small time, the streets were aloof, Hyukjae rubbed his shoulder, it was really dark.

“O-ho~ what do we have here.”

Hyukjae turned around hearing the heavy footsteps, ears picking, watching three men in jersey and jeans, Hyukjae turned again with hastened steps when he was grabbed by the arm and turned around harshly.

“We were talking to you, damn boy.”

Hyukjae remained silent, eyes steady, he didn’t want to show fear to these men when he felt it.

“I don’t know you, so excuse me, I’m busy.”

A man smirked and threw a punch to Hyukjae solar plexus making him faint, his sight was blurred when he felt another punch on his jaw and another near his ribs, Hyukjae coughed fainting and falling, he didn’t heard his own cranium colliding against the cold asphalt, neither how the men cursed and kicked him more.

“Help!”

A boy screamed, he was in the same university, he had a medical white gown, spectacles and was shouting loudy for help, it looked like he was just also on his way home and he had bags under his eyes.

Hyukjae didn’t hear, neither felt a kick near his eye and his skull.

The men tsk-ed and left when the youngest screamed the police was coming, cursing beneath their breaths.

The youngster hurried to where the dull body was and he didn’t shove it, he dialed 119 and told them the direction, trying to stop the bleeding meanwhile, eyes in fear.

He searched for Hyukjae’s contacts founding just one in speed dial, the boy didn’t even glanced the screen when his fingers press the call buttom and the sound of ambulance was heard.

“H-Hello?”

The boy was trembling, Hyukjae’s body was —his head— bleeding so much, the boy hopped in the ambulance next to Hyukjae with the phone on his ear.

“Hyuk? Who’s talking?”

“I-I’m sorry, I found you in this boy contact list, he is badly beaten and now we’re heading to Seoul’s main hospital, your phone was in…”

“Where, how, forget it, I’ll be there, his name is Lee Hyukjae, you can register him by that name and” The boy heard hastened steps and the rustling of clothes from the other side of the line “My name is Choi Minhwan, I’ll pay for everything, just tell them to hurry and treat him.”

The call was cut and the boy at lost nodded at the phone, feeling tears, he was studying medicine yet he never once saw someone bleeding, he was scared, it was his first year in college after all.

 

 

The medics pushing him off and carried Hyukjae’s body to the operating room and the boy stepped nervously from side to side.

“Your name?”

A nurse in the reception asked, he turned dazzed “Uh? Oh…, Choi Jong Hun, but I-” Jong Hun wanted to say he wasn’t the respondible when he heard the same woman writing something.

“We need you to deposit in this account, the medics are operating because they know your father and so, we thought you’re paying or we need to stop the operation?”

Jong Hun widened his eyes at the cold statement and he sighed, a life was in treat after all when he signed and gave his credit golden card.

“Where’s Hyukjae?”

Jong Hun turned wide eyed and saw a boy rushing, maybe a year older than him and so he sighed, the nurse just ignored Minhwan.

“I, he is being operated right now, we need to wait, also, ehm.”

Minhwan sighed and grabbed the boy by the shoulders with a grateful smile “Thank you, I’ll pay for everything, where do I sign?”

The boy smiled awkwardly “I already paid, they wanted the payment so they could operate him.”

Minhwan was really grateful as he handed his number and name in a paper the boy “Tell me how much is it of everything and I’ll deposit in your account, send me a message, okay, and thank you again.”

Jong Hun was left there, he didn’t know what to do as he followed Minhwan to wait for the patience to be safe, both waiting in tension.

 

 

It was around two in the morning when Minhwan jumped from his seat to the medic exiting the operation room and asked him how Hyukjae was.

“He is fine, we made some examination before operating, he was badly injured, yet we operated at the right time, he just need to wake and rest, around two weeks.”

Minhwan was glad his friend was fine when realization struck him, Hyukjae has to travel tomorrow, he was gonna dial the boys numbers, but held back, he’ll wait till morning.

 

 

Kyuhyun sat right on the sofa, his father staring him hard.

“I know you’re dating some trashy being, so break up.”

Kyuhyun frowned, he always has been a good son, until now and his father felt his blood boil.

“I will not, I love him and Hyukjae isn’t trash.”

The man smirked, Donghae was right, that trashy boy brain washed Kyuhyun, Donghae went to him that afternoon and told him everything about Hyukjae hid intentions, about how the dancer was poor and want just Kyuhyun’s money and fame.

“Minhwan is his friend, he came this afternoon and told me Hyukjae is behind your money, you’re foolish if you think he loves you.”

Kyuhyun eyes were rounded and then frowned, how Minhwan and then it hit Kyuhyun, Minhwan was in love with Hyukjae, so he betrayed him, he abused of his trust and told his father such statements.

“It isn’t true father, Hyukjae isn’t like that, I know. Maybe he doesn’t love me yet, but he’ll do, I’ll swear!”

Mr. Cho furrowed his brows, Donghae told him not to say his name but Minhwan’s, he felt pity for Minhwan, he was nice and a good friend. Mr. Cho took Donghae’s side though, because he was the one who sincerely worried about Kyuhyun’s future and prestige.

“I don’t mind, you have a month to play with the kid, take whatever you want from him, mess around, and break up, satisfice your ego and leave him behind after your full of him, and I don’t mind you’re a queer, I wil make preparations for you to have a child by artificial insemination in some years, of course you’ll marry the man I choose.”

Kyuhyun was astounded when his father left and clenched his fist, he thought about the possible upcoming and frowned, definitely, he will not follow that path, he’ll make his one, he was going to go to the airport and say farewell to Hyukjae even when the latter told him to not, but he decided now against it, he’ll make the exam to the scholarship in Germany, so he can go there and take his own path, it would be some years without Hyukjae but they will be worth if they can be forever together and he scoffed at the stairs, he will definitely not follow his father’s path.

 

 

Donghae walked anxiously, then he spot three shadows and asked quickly “How was? He saw you?”

The men shook their heads and smirked.

“The work was fine, we beaten him up, he could not go to the states in that shape so your boyfriend will be displeased at the looser.”

Donghae nodded, his breathe unsteady when his lips curled into a grin, so Hyukjae couldn’t make it and he thought about how fair was, he lost to Hyukjae and now the latter lost to him, it was fair.

“Our money?” The men rubbed their hands and grinned leaving Donghae alone after a big pack of money was gave it to them. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Sorry for the lacking updates, I have been really busy these days -bows-. Also, when I planned this plot my unnie told me it was like winter sonata at some point or stairaway to heaven, mine isn't that good but has some similarities, thanks for your support, loving you always -waves hand-.