Gossiping

Sounds

 

“Did you hear?” A girl with baby face and light makeup said to her friend who was drinking water in the canteen.

“What?”

“Our school won again the dance competition of this year!”

“Really? I thought we were gonna lose because Yunho isn’t here, you know, he graduated last year.”

The girl took her friend’s water and drank too, then grinned.

“Everybody in school thought that, because Yunho sunbae-nim choose a first year student as the dancing club president, a.k.a, the lead dancer, even the principal scoled Yunho-sunbae-nim, but he said ‘he has the quality’. Even so, many people was against and even the dance members left the club, just the freshman like him stayed, that’s why is the hot topic right now.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, eating his noodles “Those girls just know how to gossip, I bet the competition was low class, how hard can be dancing, you also did quit last years because that Hyu-whatever?”

Donghae nodded, “Maybe he improved, last year he was a dork, I still don’t know why Yunho-sunbae choose him over me, I’m better.”

Kyuhyun grinned “Yunho has bad sight, that’s why.”

The canteen was quickly full with whistles and screams of victory, the dancing team entered holding a trophy, some girls squealed and boys just clapped, even so, it was the school won and they were happy for that, because that means prestige.

Between the cheering, a boy with spectacles pushed some people, bowing and smiled to a dance member, freshman, not a sophomore like Hyukjae, the boy shook his head and the one with spectacles sighed, watching out of the multitude, when he saw Donghae, he waved and Donghae waved back calling him.

“Wassup, Minhwan?”

The named seated next to Donghae and greeted Kyuhyun as well.

“Hi, nothing, is just Hyuk isn’t here, Changjo told me he didn’t want to celebrate, because their performance wasn’t that great.”

“I bet it, I told you Hae, he is a loser.”

Minhwan cleared his throat and bored his eyes on Kyuhyun “Hyukjae isn’t a loser, he is great and kind, and I watched the performance, it was great! It’s just…” Minhwan trailed off and bit his lower lip “he thinks he needs to work harder, he doesn’t believe in himself yet.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes; he didn’t say more because Minhwan was Donghae’s friend since first year, and also Kyuhyun’s team meat in classic music.

“Whatever you say boy, so chill out.”

Minhwan stood waving good bye. “I will search for him!”

Donghae sighed “Minhwan has a crush on Hyukjae, that’s why he always thinks Hyukjae is perfect, I still think he is a dork; also, did you know he is really poor? He was accepted because a scholarship, no doubt nobody wants him, well, just his team.”

Kyuhyun nodded, he didn’t mind Hyukjae at all, after all, his streams are different and he will never work with dancers, just composing music, that’s all.

“! I have to meet Mr. Kim, he told me to be punctual.”

Donghae waved good bye and Kyuhyun ran to his teacher.

 

 

“Yes. I’m sorry sir.” Kyuhyun twisted his mouth when he was out of the classroom and with a bunch of sheets “I’m a composer not an actor, why am I need to deliver the scripts to the drama club!” he whined and ruffled his hair, walking to the theater in the school, just because some minutes late, what a teacher!

Kyuhyun slipped the door and entered, nobody was there and he walked upstairs and went behind the stage, big, and red curtains, Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, how original. He yawned, he wanted to go home since there were no more classes and he needed to do his homework, he laid on the wooden floor hidden by the curtains.

Kyuhyun eyes fluttered, so noisy and he wriggled his nose, that wasn’t music, just plain noise, how can people like K-pop, it was meaningless. Kyuhyun stood and took the scripts, he will just delivered them and—

A boy was dancing, closed eyes in the middle of the stage, his shirt was waving with the air as he made a twirl and his t-shirt was stuck to his sweated body. The sweat seemed pearls and the wave he made with his body looked like the move of a fish tail, maybe a mermaid.

Kyuhyun couldn’t tear off his eyes. His ears didn’t listen the noise anymore, because the boy moves and the music were one, and was enchanting. It was like assist to a ballet, but with daring moves, it was spelling and his heart started to thump.

Blond platinum hair swaying, sharp jawline closed in concentration. The music was faster as Kyuhyun’s heart thumping and Kyuhyun didn’t breathe for a moment when the music stopped and the boys showed a wide smile and bowed to no one in the seats. Suddenly he hid, he didn’t know why, but he hid and he heard claps.

“I’m your fanboy!”

That was… Minhwan? His voice was similar.

“I’m flustered to have a classic student as my fanboy, for what I know, classic music students hate dancers, they think we ruin the music and doesn’t know to appreciate it.”

“Nah~ I love your dancing and I love your raps!!”

“Thank you Minhwan, your my best and only friend here, I was feeling lonely.”

Minhwan seated on first file “Sing a rap, I wanna heard the one you were composing, please?”

Hyukjae grinned clearing his throat “I’m not responsible if it hurts your ears, okay?”

“Yeah~”

Hyukjae cleared his throat and showed his gums “Just some lines, I-I’m not ended it yet.”

Kyuhyun chuckled, the hottie from before was a cutie pie right now and all flustered, not only a great dancer but a modest person.

 

Baby Boo, My hot little figure

Whom I was searching anywhere on earth

When I almost collapse with exhaust

I just eye on you, my beloved Venus

It feels like a dream, so don’t wake me up

We’re so fine. Do you want to fly to the sky?

I mean no one can interfere us

Both holding hands will never let you go, I admit

I promise that everybody will envy us.

 

Kyuhyun was sure that Hyu-whatever boy wasn’t as good as this one. Even Minhwan who defend minutes ago that Hyu-and else, was clapping to this boy.

Kyuhyun didn’t like rap, he hate it, but he found this rap nice, not amazing, just nice, even so that was a great compliment from him.

Hyukjae started to wipe the sweat off with his towel and Minhwan jumped on the stage and hugged him, startling the other.

“I’m all sweated!”

Minhwan chuckled “Saranghe!!”

“Me too, now get off or you will stink.”

Minhwan pouted but obliged “Meannie”

“You can hug me after washing; wait me on the usual place later.”

Hyukjae picked his things and bag, sliding it over his shoulders.

Kyuhyun didn’t know why, but he waited until the boy wasn’t there and he walked to stage behind the curtains, startling Minhwan who send his right hand over his chest.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, you startled me!”

“Minhwan, do you know the person that just left?”

Minhwan blinked nodding and grinned “Of course! Hyukjae is my friend, I told you today in the canteen.”

Kyuhyun nodded, not because Minhwan told him his friendship but because for first time his mind engraved that name; Hyukjae.