Lies.

Only One.

 

 
--------
 
"Ye, can I know what happened last night?" Gongchan grew curious.
 
Na Eun stammered, "W-What do you mean? She was tired."
 
"Na Eun-ah, I'm her boyfriend for 2 years. I can tell you're lying. She's not tired isn't it?"
 
"Gongchan-ah... The thing is- BEEP" Na Eun's phone battery died. 
 
"Hello? Yah! Na Eun ah! YAH!" Gongchan screamed into the phone. 
 
Na Eun sigh in relief. *Thank you for dying at the most crucial point* She looked at her phone before putting it away in her pocket. 
 
--------
 
You were lying down flat on your bed as you stared at your starry night ceiling. Your fingers run through the photo you were holding on ever since you got home. You keep sighing. Your mum knocked on the door. 
 
"Honey, dinner's ready," She called out.
 
You sat up and held onto your head. You felt dizzy but you shook it off. You headed towards the dining room to find your mum and her boyfriend talking to Kikwang. After greeting, you sat next to your brother. 
 
"Does he know?" Kikwang whispered.
 
You shook your head, "I don't want to tell him."
 
"Wae? He will get hurt if you won't tell him and..." Kikwang paused. He doesn't want to say the next word.
 
"Die?" You continued, "Oppa, I am planning to let him do something. Just wait, arasso?" 
 
"Excuse me, no whispering during meal time," Your mum complained.
 
You and Kikwang giggled and ate as a family. Well, you feel like your mum's boyfriend is liek your stepfather. A thought came through your mind. *Maybe I should give him a challenge* You poked your fork into the meat and played with the noodles. Your mum eyed you and then your food.
 
"~~~~~~~, why are you playing with food?" 
 
You snapped back to reality, "Uh? Oh, sorry Umma."
 
---------
 
The next day, Gongchan waited outside your house. You wore a simple oversize black and white long shirt and a pair of denim shorts and mathing it with white boots. You beamed when you saw him and gave him a morning kiss on his cheek. He grew pink as he pinched your nose.
 
"Had a good sleep?" He asked with a smile.
 
You nodded, "Especially when I'm thinking of you."
 
"Aigoo, I'm so touched."
 
He didn't want to ask you what really happened that night knowing you won't tell him. He grew curious but he tried to stop himself from asking. 
 
------
 
After class, Na Eun waited for you outside your class. Gongchan had to stay for a test. 
 
"Oh, ~~~~~~~-ah, Gongchan asked me what happened that night," She brought the topic up.
 
You looked at her with your eyes widened, "Then what did you say?!"
 
"I didn't say anything. My phone battery died. Better thank it," She showed you her phone. 
 
You  smiled and sigh in relief. *How much longer am I going to keep it away from you?* You linked arms with Na Eun and skipped towards the Cafeteria while you wait for Gongchan. You and Na Eun chat for a while. Jinyoung and Baro were spotted in a distance.
 
"Your crush is here~" You sang as you noticed Na Eun's cheeks turning red.
 
"Yah!" She playfully hit your arm. 
 
Baro came running as soon as he saw you, "~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!" 
 
You giggled and waved. He hugged you and you returned a friendly hug. Jinyoung patted your head and winked at Na Eun. She turned as red as a tomato. She quickly hid her face with her textbook. You and Baro laughed and teased the both of them.
 
"Oooh, Na Eun and Jinyoung!" You and Baro chanted.
 
Jinyoung headlocked Baro while Na Eun begin slapping your arm. 
 
"~~~~~~~~~~~~-ah! My girlfriend! My wife-to-be! My life!" A voice yelled. 
 
*Wife.. I wish.* All four of you looked up and saw Gongchan running with his test paper in his hand. *He did it* You smiled. You waved and Baro whistled, walking away from you.
 
"Did you pass?" You asked.
 
Gongchan nodded, "It's just a test. But.. I got too excited and I didn't give the teacher my paper."
 
You giggled. He bend down and kissed your cheek. Baro pulled him back.
 
"Yah! Don't kiss my jagiya!" He teased.
 
Gongchan's eyes widened, "Mwoh?! Your jagiya. Hyung, she's mine."
 
"No! She agreed to leave you for me," Baro shook his head and pointed at you.
 
You chuckled and nodded your head to tease Gongchan. 
 
"YE?! Arasso! Don't come find me again," He pout and folded his arms, looking away. 
 
You giggled and threw your arms around his back, "You know I won't leave you." *I wish I wouldn't.*
 
Gongchan turned and hugged you tightly. He nuzzled into your hair and it tickled you. 
 
"I know," you felt his smile. 
 
A sad smile pinched your cheeks. You manage to fight back the tears from forming. You pulled away and excuse yourself to the washroom. Na Eun followed you just in case. This make Gongchan more curious.
 
"Hyung, don't you think the two of them are acting weirdly?" 
 
Baro slapped his thigh, "Mwoh? They're lesbians?"
 
Jinyoung slapped Baro's head, "Stupid. He meant something's fishy."
 
"I know. And you don't have to hit my head.. HYUNG!" Baro emphasized. 
 
Gongchan rolled his eyes and begin thinking of the possibilities. Meanwhile, you're in a stall sobbing. Na Eun knocked on the door for a few times, but you refused to show her your weak self. 
 
"Yah, why aren't you opening? Come out, please," She begged.
 
You shook your head as tears flow down, "Sirheo. I don't want to appear weak in front of you. Go, before Gongchan grew more curious."
 
Na Eun had no choice but to follow your orders as a friend. Gongchan saw Na Eun coming but not you. He tried to look for you but you were nowhere to be found near Na Eun.
 
"What happened? Where's ~~~~~~~~?" Gongchan asked.
 
"Oh.. She.. Umm... She's having a bad tummy ache," Na Eun lied.
 
*Nonsense.* Gongchan nodded, pretending to believe her. A few minutes later, you came out from the Ladies. Your eyes were swollen. You cooled down before heading back to the Cafeteria with your normal eyes. You smiled when you saw Gongchan.
 
"You okay? Is your tummy okay?" Gongchan asked, worried.
 
You nodded knowing this is all Na Eun's plan, "Ye, I'm feeling better. Shall we  go?" 
 
Gongchan took your bag and waved goodbye. You gave Na Eun a friendly hug and whispered 'Thank you.' She smiled and whispered back 'Take care.' You pulled away and waved to Baro and Jinyoung before heading home with Gongchan. His grip grew tighter when you reach your house. He pulled you into a hug.
 
"Have a good rest. And take care of yourself, ne?" 
 
You pulled away confused, "What do you mean?"
 
"Anio, you are always sick," He poked your nose.
 
You crinkle your nose and gave him a goodbye kiss. A passionate goodbye kiss. You took your bag and headed inside, leaning against the door. *I hope that's not our last kiss, Gongchan-ah.* Gongchan watched as you closed the door. *I must find out.. The truth.* He walked home with a heavy heart due to your lies. 
 
--------