Mr. Panda and Mr. Grumpy

♡ Between Braids and Kisses ♡

Taemin was finally done, after about two hours of hair cutting and coloring. He wasn’t allowed to look at himself in the mirror, because that would ruin the surprise. But as he got his hair dried, Key just stood there, looking at him with wide eyes, not knowing what to say. That actually worried Taemin quite a lot – was it a good or a bad sign?

“U-Umma?” Taemin asked carefully, hesitating a bit as he waved a hand in front of his umma’s face.

“Taemin… T-Take a look at yourself,” Key said, taking his son’s hand as he slowly dragged him towards a mirror. Taemin could feel how his heart started racing with excitement, really hoping that he would look good, or at least “okay”. If Luhan had been kidding him the whole time with the red hair-thing, he was going to be so upset.

“Holy ,” Taemin heard himself say as he took a look at the mirror, showing a young boy that he definitely didn’t know at all. His hair, was auburn-red, his bangs cut obliquely, and it had been made a little thinner, compared to the thick bowl-ish haircut he used to have.

It showed so much more of his beautiful face, and oh… How it framed his face perfectly…

“I-Is that me?” came out of the younger’s mouth, getting wide eyes as he saw how the guy in the mirror asked the same thing, making his cheeks turn red.

“Yes, Taeminnie, that’s you,” Key chuckled and hugged his best friend tightly from behind, totally excited, “I can’t wait to see that gang leader’s face when he see you!”

“O-Oh, right…” Taemin said quietly, getting an even redder face as he started thinking about his crush, his heart racing even more than before. Would Kai really like it though? What if he hated it? What if it didn’t make Kai look at Taemin?

“But Taemin, I really need to talk to you about that friend of yours,” Taemin’s umma mumbled, running a hand through his hair as they were walking through the mall again after saying goodbye to the stylist. Taemin turned to him, looking at him with a confused stare, feeling completely puzzled. Didn’t Key like the fact that he had other friends, or?

“What’s wrong with Luhan?” Taemin pouted slightly.

“Well… Did you talk about what he does in his spare time? Where he lives?” Key asked, making Taemin shake his head.

“No, he didn’t like talking about it… Why? Is there something wrong?” Taemin was very confused about why Key was bringing Luhan up at a time like that – why did he bring him up?

“Oh… Y-You see, Luhan is-…” Key was cut off, as two guys came walking towards them, not looking at them though. Yeah, it didn’t take much for Taemin to know what gang they were from – Kai’s gang. He just had to look at their dress code - those bandanas couldn’t be mistaken. One of the guys had dark hair, was tall, and had a well-trained chest. His eyes were a bit dark though, making him look like a panda. Let’s just call him panda for now. The other guy, reminded Taemin of Luhan, but just a bit younger, and a grumpier… Oh, and he had rainbow hair.

Funny, huh?

“Taemin, I think we should leave,” Key whispered to Taemin, gently tugging at his arm. Taemin looked at the two guys out of the corner of his eye, as they walked past them… However, suddenly the panda stopped up in front of Key and his son, looking at the umma with raised eyebrows.

Holy , were they gonna die now?

“… Oh my God, is that Gucci?”

That’s all he asked, looking at Key’s sunglasses with wide eyes, nearly making them sparkle.

“Krisus, Tao! Get your together!” the other guy said, sighing deeply. Key gulped, feeling very nervous as he just nodded at the other guy, who seemed younger than him. Younger but stronger.

“T-Tae, I think we should leave now,” Key said, trying to pull Taemin the opposite direction as they were heading. Taemin just looked at Key with confused eyes.

“But umma… They seem nice?” Taemin said, making Key stop up, looking at the two younger guys, nagging at each other for complimenting his Gucci glasses. 

“Tae, let’s just go,” Key hummed, finally succeeding in dragging his Taebaby along.

 

---------------------------

 

“But that panda-looking guy liked your Gucci, umma?” Taemin said with a slight pout, “And… They were members of Kai’s gang…” He felt a slight blush on his cheeks as he mentioned it, maybe a bit too loud.

“I know that he liked my Gucci glasses, but so do I!” Key said, as they were on their way home from the mall, the Sun was about to go down as well, it was getting a bit late – almost time for dinner actually. Taemin was pretty sure, that he would be late for dinner no matter what, so he mentally prepared himself for being scolded by his dad. Getting yelled things like; “You piece of of a son! Good for nothing!” Even though he used less bad words than the people at school, they hurt more.

He loved his dad, somehow.

Right?

“Aish, and Tae…” Key said to Taemin, discreetly looking around before continuing in a low, quiet voice, “You should really be careful around Luhan…”

“Eh? Why?! He’s such a nice guy?!” Taemin whined, crossing his arms.

“Trust me,” Key hissed at his son, trying to make him lower his voice a bit, “Other people have been mean to Luhan, and they regretted it! Wishing that they’ve never been born, actually.”

“But umma?!” Taemin whined again, pouting at his beloved umma, “He’s my good friend…”

“I know... But just don’t piss him off… You’ll regret it big time,” Key sighed and rolled his eyes slightly as he stopped up, just at the corner of two streets, one of the streets seeming way nicer than the other – actually seeming welcoming – while the other street was dark and creepy… The gangs’ street. They had to part now and Taemin would have to walk through the unsafe streets again, where the gangs hung out. Yeah, he really loved walking through there.

No, not really. But you know that.

“I’ll see you another day, Tae,” Key said and kissed the temple on Taemin’s head before he turned and walked a different way than Taemin had to – through the safe and welcoming street. Key didn’t have to walk through the scary parts of the city, because Key lived in another neighborhood than Taemin. Taemin lived in the wealthy neighborhood, Key in the middle class neighborhood. The poor neighborhood, however, were in the middle of Key’s and Taemin’s. Separating them.

“Yeah… Bye, umma,” Taemin said as he took a deep breath before walking through the creepy, unsafe neighborhood with all the graffiti. He didn’t mind walking through it when it was bright outside, but if it was dark… Ugh. Then it was the creepiest ever. The graffiti took completely different shapes in the dark, the wolves turning into feisty monsters, wanting to eat Taemin’s brain as soon as he looked away, just like zombies and .

He just knew it. That’s the reason why he walked faster than usual. Not even that many gang members were on the streets at that time, and Taemin could understand why. They must’ve been scared of monsters and zombies too!

“Oppa! Please?!” Taemin heard a girl say with a voice that sounded like a begging whine, and it just kept going, not seeming to give up its begging, “Pretty please? You know you’ll like it once we start!”

Taemin could feel how his heart started beating a bit fast, as he carefully looked around the corner of a grey, boring-looking building, looking into a long, dark alleyway, where he could see two shades of people, standing in front of each other, talking or whatever they were doing in a dark alleyway at that time.

“Shut up, I’m not your ing oppa,” the other person growled back at the girl, seeming pretty annoyed – Taemin understood him though. Oh yeah, that guy was Kai. Taemin could definitely recognize that voice anywhere, just like the day with the water bottle.

“But… Can’t I please call you oppa at least?” the girl asked. Taemin could almost hear her pouting as she looked at her “oppa” with pleading eyes. He was pretty sure that he just vomited a bit inside his mouth.

“… Good night, Yuri noona,” Kai sighed and turned around to leave the girl in reject, heading for Taemin’s direction, which immediately made Taemin hide behind the corner of the building again, his heart racing fast as never before, partly because of Kai, and partly because of his fright of being found out. Spying on people was a no-go, even if one of the people was a damn hot gang leader.

Taemin heard himself gasp quietly, as Kai stepped out of the alleyway, leaving the girl behind in the dark. Taemin felt his cheeks blush slightly, as he looked at Kai, and his usual bandana, and long cornrows.  The gang leader was standing just two meters away from the hiding stalke-… Taemin, who kind of thought about talking to him, because they were alone… He could maybe deliver the now empty water bottle back… Maybe he wanted it back? Who knew?

“U-Uh… Excuse me…” Taemin carefully mumbled as he stepped forth from his hiding place, his cheeks being completely red, as he barely dared talk to this gang leader.

“What?” was the reply from Kai, turned slightly away from Taemin with his hands in his pockets. And guess what? His eyes weren’t focused on Taemin, at all. He looked away still.

ing douchebag.

“I-I believe this is yours…?” Taemin took the water bottle from his bag and carefully handed it to Kai, who finally…

ing finally...

… Turned his face slowly and hesitatingly to look at him, showing Taemin the most beautiful, dark eyes, he had ever seen, looking directly into his own, almost swallowing his soul whole. Those eyes that made his heart swoon, made the butterflies in his tummy flutter around as never before. He could now see, how beautifully his skin suited his face, Taemin had a huge weakness for tanned guys, because he thought that they were way ier than whiteskinned guys. He almost felt like fainting actually, as he looked at the younger – yes, the gang leader was younger than Taemin.

Taemin was older than Kai, and didn’t even have a gang.

Kai then turned his face, after a few seconds that seemed like forever, to look at the water bottle in Taemin’s hand instead of Taemin’s eyes. Kai blinked a bit, as he just looked at the empty water bottle.

“Oh… That… You can keep that if you want,” Kai said as he turned around to leave again, not saying anything else to his elder. Just… Turning his back against him and leaving. Not even a comment about his red hair was given…

… Well… Kai didn’t really know Taemin, but still!

“I-I see…” Taemin mumbled, feeling his cheeks blush slightly pink as he looked down instead of watching Kai disappear into the night. He was feeling slightly embarrassed, especially because he still could feel a pair of eyes looking at him, a pair of eyes from the alleyway, where the girl still stood, eyeing him down.

She almost made Taemin’s blood freeze to ice in fright.

Taemin could barely see her face though, since there was no light in the whole alleyway, but he could recognize her eyes that shone in the dark – it was the girl who was always clanging to Kai, as if she owned him. But she was rejected every time though for some reason, even though she was pretty.

Taemin just looked away from her, and quickly started walking, feeling uncomfortable with her cold glare – she was a gang member too, after all, and gang members could do so terrible things that you wouldn’t even imagine. 

 

___________________

A/N:

So yeah... Tao is here~! And I hope you can guess who the person with him is... He's really cute, but looks grumpy sometimes... So adorable.. >w<'' 

And oh... About the Yuri-being-mean thing... Yeah, well I don't wanna make any OCs for this fanfic, so I had to chose someone to be mean, and since I found out, that Yuri's favorite EXO-member is Kai... I chose her. Don't be mad, pwease~ It's just a fanfic~ >x<'' 

Aaaaannnddd... I have my English oral exam tomorrow. I'm gonna die now. TT TT *sob*.. 

Oh well.. Love you all~~ >w< and thanks for all the comments and subs~! <3 

 

Comments are love, and make me write and update faster~! <3