Worried Parents

♡ Between Braids and Kisses ♡

Taemin’s breath had come to a hold, as Kai finally let go of his wrists, and got up from him. Kris and Tao were the ones pulling him away from the frightened hyung, who didn’t seem to be able to move at all. He was still completely shocked and scared. More than that, he was confused too, looking at Kai with a puzzled face and wide eyes. The gang members around them, all became silent as they looked at Kai, who tried to catch his breath. Kai’s face was… Even more shocked than Taemin’s. The red flame in his eyes had disappeared, and now he was just…

Scared.

He quickly turned around, yanking himself free from Tao and Kris’ grips, as he took a run for it, running far away from Taemin and the other guys. He was deeply ashamed.

“K-Kai! Wait!” Taemin heart himself yell as he had started to breathe again, his heart racing fast as he stood up. However, he felt himself close to collapsing immediately, making Luhan the first to hold onto the younger.

“T-Taemin, relax…” Luhan said quietly, not being able to look into Taemin’s eyes, because he knew, that it was his entire fault. He should never have let Taemin take care of Kai’s wounds – he should have known, that this would happen.

“But… Kai,” Taemin whispered, a few tears running down his cheeks as he looked at Luhan, “W-What did I do? He’s mad at me now, isn’t he?”

“No, he’s not… Okay?” Luhan said, petting Taemin’s red lures a bit, letting out a soft sigh, “He just… Needs a break sometimes, okay?” Luhan tried to force a small smile, which didn’t really seem to succeed.

“I’ll give you his number, okay? Then you can call him, but maybe you should just wait a few days, so he has the chance to cool down,” Luhan suggested, making Taemin relax a bit as he gave a small nod to his hyung, and sat down in a chair again.

“Ouch…” Taemin mumbled, rubbing his head a bit for the pain from when he had been shoved against the hard ground. Kyungsoo was the first to sit behind Taemin, and take a look at his head – seeing whether or not he should be treated.

Just that little gesture, made Taemin a little happy. Apart from the first day he had met them, Taemin could now see, that The Wolves were somehow a really, really close gang, almost like a family. They even had members who took on the role as their mom or dad, showing the other members some kind of caring love – a love Taemin had never really known about. Because giving Taemin money and calling it “love”, was one of the biggest lies in his young life.

“It just looks like you’ll have a small bump, so just relax tomorrow, and you should be fine Monday,” Kyungsoo said, patting Taemin’s shoulder gently, making Taemin smile a little bit, even though he was still worried that Kai was mad at him. He was even more worried about the fact, that Kai had just hurt him.

Why?

“Here, Taeminnie,” Luhan said, sitting next to Taemin with his phone in his hand, “Let me give you his number, okay?” The elder let out a soft hum, while he looked for Kai’s number on his phone, earning a small nod from Taemin, who reached into his pocket for his own phone. At that time, he actually did seem kind of happy. Apart from the incident with Kai, all the gang members seemed to take really good care of him, instead of shushing him away, because apparently their leader didn’t like him. Because of this, Taemin hung out just a little more with them that day, listening to Chanyeol’s very weird jokes that for some reason always could make Taemin laugh.

Some of the members asked him to play poker with them, knowing that Taemin probably had money to play with, since he was pretty rich. Taemin turned them down though, because he didn’t know how to play the game.

None of the gang members heard anything from Kai, though, which made Taemin quite worried, and even made him lose his want to be with the gang. He mostly just felt like going home, after thinking a little bit. If he went home, he would probably make Yuri very happy, because she had been sending him death glares since the incident with Kai.

Death glares, that really would have a consequence very soon.

“I think I should probably get home,” Taemin sighed a bit, still feeling Yuri’s eyes burning in his neck.

“Are you sure, Taemin? It’s not even late or anything…” Luhan said with a small pout, looking at Taemin with his doe-eyes. Taemin smiled slightly at his hyung.

“Yeah… I’m sure…” the younger sighed, “It’s not that I don’t like hanging out with you – I actually really enjoy it! But… I just feel guilty, you know?” Taemin looked a little away from his hyung, his cheeks burning slightly red.

“Oh…” Luhan mumbled, nodding, as he understood.

“So… I’ll see you guys another day, okay?” Taemin said, giving Luhan a small hug.

“Take care on your way home,” Luhan smiled at his schoolmate, who gave a small nod, as he turned around, starting to walk home – walking right past Yuri, whose eyes hadn’t gotten any softer at all.

Taemin had learned to ignore her, though.

No matter how hard it could be, he wouldn’t let her have it her way – because he knew, that she wanted Kai, but Taemin didn’t just want Kai like her. Taemin loved Kai.

 

-----------------------------

 

Taemin spent the most of his day in his room. Having taken a pair of painkillers for his hurting head, he felt extremely sleepy and exhausted, even though he hadn’t done anything that would tire him like that. Maybe it was because of all the thoughts in his head? He couldn’t stop thinking about Kai, thinking about what could have ticked him off like that? He hadn’t done anything, right?

Was it because he had touched his chest like that? Because maybe Kai wasn’t gay at all, and didn’t want guys to touch him? Maybe Luhan had told Kai that Taemin was gay, or that he liked him?
No. Luhan wouldn’t do that.

However… Maybe Yuri had told Kai about Taemin’s book with all those pictures. That would be a good reason to tick him off… Taemin wouldn’t think, that Kai was gay now that he tought about it.

Well… He had Yuri, right? Yuri was really beautiful, and she wanted Kai, so why hadn’t he just taken her already? Taemin just didn’t get it? And if Kai didn’t want Yuri, and had turned her down so many times, then why didn’t Yuri just give up already? That way, she would be hurt less in the end. She was probably that girl, who could get any guy – any guy, but Kai.

Maybe that’s why she wanted him.

“Taemin, are you coming down for dinner? We haven’t seen you all day,” Taemin’s mom said, knocking on Taemin’s door to his room.  Taemin sighed slightly, groaning a bit at the small pain in his head.

“Yeah… I’m coming, umma,” he mumbled as he stood up, going down to eat, where he didn’t say one word to his parents. He just ate, and the same did they. However, Taemin’s mom couldn’t stop sending Taemin small glares in curiosity, having a small feeling about what was going on inside her son’s head.

Taemin’s face, however, was only turned against the plate in front of him, eating down the meal, which consisted of beef and roasted potatoes – one of Taemin’s many favorite dishes. That wasn’t the reason why he didn’t talk, though – but he knew that his dad didn’t care whether he talked or not.

“So… Have you spoken to Sulli since she came to visit you?” Taemin’s mom said, earning a small groan in annoyance from her son.

“Answer your mother properly,” Taemin’s dad said in a cold voice, not sending his gay son one glare – like always.

“No, I haven’t… She isn’t really my type,” Taemin said and stood up, as he had finished eating, “Excuse me, I have some homework I need to do, so I can have a day off tomorrow.” It was a small lie, though, because he didn’t feel like doing his homework at all – he just wanted to get away from his parents.

He even considered calling Kai, but he knew that he would just get scolded at.

He would get hurt again.

He would have to wait a few days, just like Luhan said – no matter how hard it was.

Taemin’s mother let out a small sigh, as her son had returned to his room. The woman looked at her husband with worried eyes, “Something is troubling our son, sweetheart. I’m worried.”

“Don’t you just think, it’s a phase? He will get over it soon, I’m sure,” the husband said as he continued eating his meal.

“He’s been like this for some time, though,” Taemin’s mom said, smirking a bit at her husband, “He’s just like you, when we met.” Those words made Mr. Lee choke a bit on his food, looking at his wife with wide eyes.

“Y-You don’t mean, that he’s in love?” Taemin’s dad said, feeling really surprised, “Do you think it’s Sulli?”

Taemin’s mom just shook her head, sighing a bit as she leaned a bit back on her chair, “He’s been in love long before he met her, honey… Maybe it’s someone at school?”

“But he doesn’t like his school. That’s no secret,” Mr. Lee protested.

“That’s right,” the woman said, looking a bit down, as she was kind of worried about her son, “But his face… He looks confused and… Sad.” She sighed softly, thinking a few things over, as she though she had seen that expression on her son’s face before.

“Y-You don’t think that… It’s a guy?” Mr. Lee said, his voice turning a bit harsh, as it probably shouldn’t take much more for him to go up to his son’s room, to shake a bit of straightness into him.

“I’m afraid so,” Mrs. Lee shrugged, “He’s been like this when he was a child as well, don’t you remember?”

“Of course I remember! It was the worst day of my life!” Mr. Lee groaned loudly, a few veins getting slightly visible on his neck, as he started to become furious, “That family’s little brat… He’s the one who turned our son gay! I swear, if I ever see him again, then-“

“Then you do nothing!” Mrs. Lee said, earning a quite surprised stare from her husband, “You don’t know whether or not it was that little kid’s fault, that our son likes guys.” Mrs. Lee sounded cold towards her husband, for the first time in years. Her voice eventually made Mr. Lee calm a bit down as he sat back in his chair again, breathing heavily.

“And… I heard that his parents were murdered shortly after we moved… Poor kid,” Mrs. Lee sighed, getting a slightly sad face, “He was just six when they were killed… I even heard, that he saw everything.”

Then there was a silence in the room, as Mr. Lee felt a little guilty for having said such things about the poor boy, “What happened to him then?” he couldn’t help but ask his wife, as he was a little curious.

“He was adopted by a wealthy family,” she said, “They had a child who was a bit older than him, and they had always wanted two kids so… Yeah, they took him in.” She smiled slightly at her husband.

“Let me guess…” Mr. Lee said, as he thought about the wealthy families he knew around Daegu, “That other Kim family? They had a son named… Aish, what was his name?”

“Joonmyeon,” Mrs. Lee said to her husband, smiling a bit.

“That’s right… He was a good kid…” Mr. Lee mumbled, still feeling a bit down because of the horrible news – also because he actually did talk with the little kid’s parents a few times.

“But I sure hope he’s okay now… He was such a beautiful child… Just like Taemin,” Mrs. Lee said, reaching over to take her husband’s hand on the table, smiling sweetly at him, getting a proud smile back, because their son always had been the prettiest guy around.

“Yeah… They were the most beautiful kids in the neighborhood,” Mr. Lee couldn’t really help but laugh a bit, as he thought back at those times, where their son was completely innocent and pure. Before he became gay.

But slowly, as Mrs. Lee started thinking about whom Taemin could be in love with… She became a bit curious about why Taemin always had refused to get picked up from school every day for a long time. The reason, why he always wanted to walk home, no matter what weather it was… 

__________________________

A/N: 

Sorry for the late update. ;;~~~;; 

It's been... 3 days, or something? ~ 

I've been quite busy the last few days, because I'm having a visitor ~

But yeah... Here's your update~ ^o^/ 

Whoa~ *0* and thanks for all those votes my fanfic has gotten! I'm so happy! /asdfghjkl. <3

And in a few updates, you'll probably all think that I'm a HORRIBLE and EVIL person... ;;~~~;; sorry. *bows* 

... 

The awkward thing is, that my mom found my fanfic, and she's READING IT. 

*Sigh* 

Oh well... XD 

Comments are love, as always~! ^o^/