Promises

♡ Between Braids and Kisses ♡

Kai tightened his grip around Taemin slightly, making the elder squirm slightly in his boyfriend’s arms while looking up at his face.

“Y-Yeobo…” Taemin stuttered quietly in worry, as he realized, that Kai was busy, giving Taemin’s father a cold stare, from where he sat. Mr. Lee disliked the sight of his only son, in the arms of another young man, even with such a look! His hair was outrageous!  It was a myserty to Mr. Lee, how he could even have such hairstyle!

“Do you really go to school with that hair?” Mr. Lee asked with a cold, harsh voice, making Taemin look slightly down in shame – because not only was Kai a gang leader, but he didn’t attend school either.

“I don’t go to school,” Kai hissed coldly, making Mr. Lee want to faint for a small second.

“That’s it! Out, now!” Mr. Lee said, feeling way too impatient to let that young man keep touching his only son.

“D-Dad…” Taemin stuttered quietly, but Kai then stood up without a warning, lifting Taemin up in his strong arms bridal style – still wrapped in the blanket, with only some of his legs and feet, as well as arms, free. Taemin’s hands found their way to Kai’s shirt, gripping it lightly in surprised from Kai’s sudden action.

“I’m sorry, Taemin,” Kai whispered softly as he walked to the bed with Taemin, putting his hyung down on it with gentle hands, even patting his red lures softly.

“H-Honey, I think you should go,” a voice suddenly said from the doorway, and both Kai and Taemin turned to look at Mrs. Lee, whose eyes were still wide, and almost like glued to Kai. Her hand was on her husband’s shoulder, as she kindly asked him to leave the three of them alone.

“Are you sure, sweetheart?” Mr. Lee asked as he looked back at his wife – even though she didn’t even look at him.

“I’m sure… I can handle this from here. You have work to do,” Mrs. Lee assured her husband as she removed her hand from his shoulder, and Taemin’s father nodded.

“Okay. I’ll go back to work then,” he said – shooting Kai a last, cold glare, before he left them all alone in Taemin’s room – filling the whole room with silence, as none of the young boys knew what to do.

Exactly what did Taemin’s mother want with them?

“U-Umma,” Taemin stuttered slightly, clinging to the white blanket in which he was wrapped, “Please don’t blame Kai… I-It was all my doing! I’m the one who wanted him to come and see me!” Taemin could feel a few tears gathering in the corners of his eyes, and as Kai looked at him, it just got worse.

“Baby…” Kai sighed and hesitated a bit, before he sat down next to him on the bed, and held him close, letting his hyung cling to his broad chest once again.

“Please, umma…” Taemin whispered softly as he looked up at his mother once again, with pleading eyes.

“Can I speak with your… Boyfriend?” Mrs. Lee asked, raising an eyebrow at the gang leader.

“B-But…” Taemin said quietly as he looked at his boyfriend with a pair of sad eyes, “I-Is it okay with you, yeobo?”

“It’s okay, baby,” Kai smiled warmly at his hyung as he his red hair once again, “I don’t mind… She’s your mother, after all.”

After he had said those words, the gang leader got up, leaving Taemin alone on his bed, with a puzzled face, as his boyfriend left his room, along with his mother.

“K-Kai saeng…”

There was a silence in the hallway, with only Kai and Mrs. Lee to break the silence. Mrs. Lee took herself to her forehead, and sighed softly, as she looked like she was thinking some things through. Kai was pretty sure, that he was going to get scolded, for having slept with this woman’s only son. He bit his lower lip as he kept looking away from her, thinking about a way to break this silence without messing up.

A heavy sigh left Mrs. Lee’s lips.

“Jongin…”

Kai froze completely, feeling the hairs on his neck raising – was he found out by Mrs. Lee already? How? How come she could remember him as easy as blinking? It was definitely a mystery to him.

“Y… Y-Yes, ma’am…?” Kai stuttered, forcing himself to finally look at this quite beautiful woman, who had given birth to an even more beautiful son – the boy Kai was proud to call his “boyfriend”.

“What does my son mean to you, exactly?” Mrs. Lee asked with a serious glare, making Kai’s brown eyes grow wide in slight confusion.

“W-What?”

“You heard me… What does he mean to you, Jongin?” Mrs. Lee asked once again, feeling slightly impatient with this young man.

“H-He means the world to me,” Kai mumbled as he looked down in slight embarrassment, “He’s always meant the world to me – you should know that, ma’am…”

“When a four-year-old asks to marry my five-year-old son, I can’t really take it serious, Jongin,” Mrs. Lee sighed, crossing her arms over her chest.

“But I really meant it! Even back then, Taemin was my everything!” Kai protested, finally looking at his mother-in-law, “Without him… I would never have been able to get through all those things that happened to me, including my parents’ death… Whenever you moved away, all I could think of was growing up and meeting Taemin again! All I could dream of, was holding Taemin in my arms, to grow old by his side! But things just changed! And… I ended up like this…”

Suddenly, Taemin’s mother was smiling warmly at the young man, who did his very best to make Mrs. Lee believe in him, when he said that he loved Taemin so much.

“I’m glad he means that much to you, Jongin…” she said, putting a hand on the young man’s shoulder, shutting him up completely as he felt a but surprised all of a sudden.

“R-Really?”

“Please… Take good care of him… Promise me that?” Mrs. Lee asked, raising an eyebrow at Kai, making him nod immediately.

“I-I promise… I’ll never let him go… Never! I’ll look out for him for forever, ma’am,” Kai assured the lady, earning a satisfied smile from her.

“Good, that’s all I want from you… Even though, I want to ask you about something,” Mrs. Lee said, rubbing the back of her head slightly.

“Yes?” Kai raised an eyebrow just a bit.

“You see, Jongin… Tomorrow, I would like to invite you over for dinner,” Mrs. Lee said, quickly giving Kai a worried look on his face. Of course, Mr. Lee wouldn’t like to have Kai in his house, so how was he supposed to come over for dinner?  He was pretty sure, that if Mr. Lee had the chance, he would want to eat Kai for dinner – the look on Taemin’s father’s face said enough to make Kai stay away.

“W-Why do you want me to come tomorrow for dinner, ma’am?” Kai asked carefully, biting his lower lip softly as he didn’t know whether or not to actually attend. It would be a good opportunity to make Taemin’s father like him – a second chance for a good “first impression”…

Since in someone’s son’s mouth wasn’t a good first impression.

“My husband is inviting his colleagues over for dinner, tomorrow, and… They have a daughter, who’s on the lookout for Taemin…” Mrs. Lee said, sighing softly. Her words, however, made Kai’s eyes light up, and his eyebrows turn into a slight frown.

“I’ll come.”

“Mh? Are you sure, Jongin?”

“Yes, ma’am. I’ll come,” Jongin said, bowing deeply for his boyfriend’s mother, “But please excuse me, I should probably get out from here now…”

“Oh, right,” Mrs. Lee smiled sweetly at the young man, “Have a nice trip home, Jongin.”

“Thank you, ma’am,” Kai said with a small smile as he decided to walk through the house to actually get out – luckily not running into Taemin’s father a single time, which meant he could get home in one piece.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Taemin let out a heavy sigh as he watched his boyfriend from his window. Kai was leaving the house, already making Taemin miss him, just because he couldn’t touch him from that distance.

“Jonginnie,” Taemin whined softly, even though he knew Kai couldn’t hear him. Taemin just hoped, that the day would come, where his father would accept the fact that he was gay, and that Kai was his boyfriend – whether Mr. Lee liked it or not! He would just have to live with it, even though it meant that he wouldn’t get any grandchildren.

“I hope I’ll get the chance to spend most of my summer break with him,” Taemin said to himself, smiling softly at the thought of waking up to Kai every morning for the next couple of weeks – just like he had woken up to him this morning.

Even though he hoped, that his would hurt less the next time he woke up next to him… How could gay people actually bear having such a harsh pain in the and back, after just one round? Taemin felt quite happy that they didn’t have two or maybe three rounds – and even more happy, that they actually didn’t get to redo it completely this morning.

Taemin’s thoughts got disturbed by the sound of his phone receiving a text message. He suddenly got a huge smile across his face, as he was sure that the text was from his boyfriend, who was already missing him!

So he limbed to the bed table, to pick up his phone to look at the message.

However, he lost his smile completely, as he saw the person’s name on his display.

“… Oh, …” Taemin murmured quietly and bit his lower lip as he felt like throwing his phone across the room, just to get rid of it – to get rid of that name.

“Why her…?” Taemin swore under his breath.

 

“Oppa~ I can’t wait to see you tomorrow!!

That’s right! I’m coming over again~

I hope we can continue where we left off last time, right~?

I love you~ <3

- Sul’Sul”

 

_____________________________

A/N: 

Hi guise~

I'm sorry I haven't updated for some time... But you have NO IDEA how busy I'm with school lately ... We had 3 assignments this week, which took all my spare time... TT~TT Math, chemisty and Danish ... Just kill me already~... 

I hope you like this chapter, though~ uwu 

I'm a bit busy this weekend, too, but I hope to update, if not this story, then my Taoris fanfiction, too. ^-^/ 

OH, and please~ Take a look at his HunHan story~ I'll start writing on it when I feel like it someday~ (can't really tell when the first chapter will be out, please forgive me~):

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/543681/do-you-believe-in-fairytales-fluff-exo-luhan-sehun-hunhan

 

Comments are love~!!! ^-^/