Temptations

♡ Between Braids and Kisses ♡

Taemin backed a few steps away, feeling his heart race as the stares of the gang members were all on him, he even hided a bit behind his hyung, feeling as if he was their dinner that Luhan got tricked to follow him – right into a trap.

… They’re scary…

“Who’s the kid?” a guy asked with a cold, deep voice – deeper than Kai’s. The guy looked pretty fierce, and Taemin could feel a small tug at his heart in fear. Damn, the guy was really tall, too. His hair was short and brown, and just his face looked… Tough.

“A-Appa, please…” Luhan stuttered in front of Taemin to protect him from the people around him, who didn’t really like new visitors. Taemin raised his eyebrow a bit at Luhan calling the guy appa, since he didn’t seem to be older than Luhan. He figured that it must be some kind of a nickname.

“Luhan, you know we don’t like to have strangers here,” another guy said. His hair was short too, but a bit longer than the other guy’s. Oh, and it was red-orange-ish, and a bit spikey.

“Yah! Baozi gege!” Luhan whined softly, not really getting the chance to say anything to protect Taemin, who now just felt like he was already dead, and served on a dish.

He just hoped that he tasted good.

“I-I think I should probably leave, huh…?” Taemin whispered quietly to Luhan, as the gang members didn’t change their stares from being cold yet. Even the two guys Taemin met in the mall were looking at him with cold eyes - the guy with rainbow hair, who seemed grumpy, and Mr. Panda, who liked Key’s Gucci sunglasses.

They seemed very nice at the mall though, why weren’t they softening a bit up for him? Did he do something wrong?

No, not really.

He was just in their territory, and wolves tend to kill whatever unlucky and helpless creature has gotten a bit too close.

Oh yes, he was indeed very doomed, he could already see the way they were nearly growling at him, showing their, surprisingly white, teeth, just like real wolves. He even swore, that he could see some small, red flames in their eyes as he exchanged stares with a few of them.

“I’m sorry, Tae…” Luhan mumbled quietly, lowering his head in shame, as his plan didn’t seem to succeed – they couldn’t use the Wolf hangout as a hiding place from the school guards.

“It’s okay, Luhan hyung…” Taemin forced a small smile and patted Luhan’s shoulder friendly, “I’ll just see you tomorrow, right?” Taemin turned around, still being behind Luhan, as he decided to leave, his body still shivering from the stares that were still burning in his neck. The small part of him, which actually wanted to be there, felt sad and without any hope for ever being able to talk to Kai – he actually thought that this might be his big chance, when Luhan took him to their hangout…

“Luhan hyung, who is your friend?” a voice asked, and Taemin froze in his place. His heart was beating fast in excitement, his breath had completely stopped as he carefully turned around to see the guy talking – the only guy who didn’t send Taemin death glares.

The gang members turned their glares away from Taemin and turned to look at their leader, who shot Taemin a short glare, before he looked at Luhan with a puzzled face.

“Uh… Kai,” Luhan smiled a bit, “This is Taemin… He’s the only guy at school who actually talks to me.” Luhan awkwardly scratched the back of his neck as Kai raised an eyebrow, the usual girl by his side huffing a bit and looking away from the all of them.

“Do you like him?” Kai asked, leaning a bit back in his place without looking away from his hyung with the doe-eyes.

Taemin just stood there, asking whether or not he should take a run for it while he had the chance – then he wouldn’t end up as dinner for a wolf pack.

“Uhm! I do!” Luhan smiled happily, “He’s a great friend, and welcomed me long before he knew what I was.”

Taemin gave a small nod, still not feeling safe at all… But then his eyes met Kai’s, and an unexpected wave of protection hit his mind, calmly but surely. He wasn’t really sure whether or not it was just the faint blush in his cheeks that he could feel – he just thought he could feel something else. Something that told him, that he wasn’t in danger.

“Well… If you like him Luhan,” Kai said with a small smile, looking away from Taemin to his hyung, “Then we like him too, right?”

Oh my God… That smile…

Taemin was completely stunned by Kai’s beautiful smile that was still on his plump lips, the smile that was still in his beautiful, dark and y eyes. That was really something, and Taemin couldn’t help but wish, that Kai would smile to him like that some day – but for a whole other reason.

Love.

Taemin finally exhaled as the gang members softened their glares, eventually turning away from Taemin as they lost their interest. Taemin didn’t want to know for how long he had been holding his breath, but he did feel slightly dizzy indeed.

He was pretty sure that he was never going to see his family again back then.

 “Lulu, why are you already home from school?” another guy asked – the one with the rainbow hair - walking right up to Luhan and even wrapping his arms around the elder’s waist, making Taemin look at them with confused eyes.

… What?

“I’m sorry, Sehunnie… I just wanted to introduce my friend to you guys,” Luhan said, pouting cutely at the younger, Sehun.

Those eyes, they’re sending each other…

Taemin was very confused, but he knew those soft glares – it was only a glare you would send someone you held very dear in your heart. Someone you liked, or even loved?

“Well… That’s okay… Because I might have missed you, just a little,” Sehun said with a cold stare, even though his cheeks gave him away with a red blush. That was just so cute – even Taemin thought so.

“Aww, I missed you too, Sehun,” Luhan hummed, pecking the youngers lips.

And now Taemin was really, really confused. Luhan was… Gay? Like himself? Or was it just bromance?

And was that why Taemin got accepted right away when he told Luhan that he liked guys? Was that the actual reason that Luhan didn’t give him a weird glare, but just hugged him instead back then?

“Luhan, can I have a few words with you later?” Kai asked, shooting Luhan a serious glare, which Luhan just responded by pulling his tongue out at Kai.

“Maybe yes, maybe no~” the elder hummed cutely as always, “I’m going to spend a lot of time with Sehunnie, since he obviously missed me!”

“I-I did not?!!”

“Yes you did, just admit it already~!”

Taemin felt very small all of a sudden, since the gang members weren’t paying much attention to him anymore – but it felt great. He didn’t like when they stared at him like they wanted to eat him for dinner or something. That was just so creepy, ugh.

Taemin was soon forced out of his thoughts though, as three people approached him.

“Oh! Luhan, he’s so cute!” one of the girls then said as she walked to Taemin, making Taemin’s eyes look away from the happy couple next to him, and look at her instead – his noona. Taemin already felt a bit stunned by her kind, beautiful eyes, round, yet slightly v-shaped, face, and blonde hair. She was really pretty, and didn’t seem to have anything evil inside her – according to her eyes.

“So adorable!!” another girl said - a girl with a v-shaped, thinner face and long, brown hair. Her eyes were a bit less friendly than the blonde girl’s were, but still friendly.

And Taemin was suddenly the center of attention again.

“Luna, Victoria… I wanna see too?!” the third girl said, seeming completely different from the other two girls, as she was a lot more tomboy-ish, having short hair and wearing something that reminded mostly about guy clothes.

“Whoa, I really, really like your hair!” the tomboy said with a smile, “It’s super y!”

Taemin wasn’t used to being told things like that, so a part of him didn’t really mind it at all.

I guess Luhan was right… His friends do like red hair, huh?

“Luna, Amber, Victoria… Leave him alone, please?” Luhan said, not really being able to get free from Sehun’s tight hug. The younger almost clung to him like a koala, still refusing to admit that he missed him. Taemin thought they were cute… And he kind of envied them for being together like that. Holding each other. Kissing each other with small, innocent kisses.

If only I was so lucky to actually get a boyfriend who loved me like that…

He let out a soft sigh and his eyes dropped a bit, as he shortly thought of the only guy he actually wanted. Even though he was there, he still couldn’t get himself to talk to him, because it would only be awkward – he at starting conversations… He would probably just end up talking about things like banana milk, and all the different types of banana milk you could get these days.

Low fat banana milk… Banana milk with vanilla taste… Normal banana milk… So many choices.

“Taemin, please sit down,” the girl with the short hair said after some time as the girls had gotten back to sit at their places. The tomboy girl was sitting on a crate next to a chair, and motioned for Taemin to sit down next to her.

Yeah, next to her, but also next to Kai.

Taemin gave a small nod and walked to sit down. He figured that her name was Amber, and she seemed very welcoming, compared to some other gang members, who were still shooting him curious glares.

“Whoa, boy… You’re so tense?! Just relax,” Amber said with a soft chuckle as she got handed a joint from one of the other girls – Victoria, was it?

Taemin quickly looked away from her, but it was too late. Amber saw him looking.

“Hey, you want a joint or something?” she asked with a smile, “I’ll go get one for y-…”

“Don’t give him one,” Taemin immediately heard someone interrupt, making the hairs on his neck raise, and it immediately got silent around him, as all the members turned their faces towards the guy sitting on the other side of Taemin – the guy who interrupted Amber.

Kai.

He had just finished his own joint, and was now stamping a single time on it on the ground, making the glow go out, “He’s not used to smoking, he shouldn’t have a joint,” he continued, making Taemin’s heart beat a bit faster than usual as he couldn’t remove his eyes from the younger, even though he wanted to.

Taemin clenched his fists in his lap, trying his very best to keep his cheeks from blushing.

Don’t blush. Don’t blush. Don’t blush. Don’t ing blush! Please?!

As he finally looked away, he could feel that Kai was leaning a bit towards him, resting an arm on the backrest of Taemin’s chair, even having his face just a few centimeters away from Taemin’s ear, making the elder able to smell his breath – more spruce. Weed. Great.

“Unless you really, really, want some,” Kai whispered in his ear with a voice that really could be mistaken for talking about something completely different than this – that y, deep voice…

Taemin could see from the corner of his eyes, how the tip of Kai’s tongue slowly his own lips, those lips Taemin would ing beg to be able to kiss, and do other things with… Things he was kind of ashamed to even think of.

Taemin bit his lower lip, as he looked a bit between Kai and the joint in Amber’s hand. He didn’t want to seem like a little piece of who was scared of something like a small joint… On the other hand, he really hated anything about smoking, whether it was weed or not.

With the stares of all the other members on him and Kai, waiting for Taemin’s reply, Taemin was completely puzzled, and tried to find Luhan for help...

Luhan, who had left all of a sudden together with a certain Mr. Rainbow.

ing great.

Aish… What to do now...?  

 

____________

A/N: 

Annyeong~! ^-^/ 

Whoa... Really?! 80+ subs?! How this this happen~? ;;u;; I'm so happy, that you actually like this story~ >///w///< !! 

Thanks for subscribing~ 

Oh, and... I hope you like this chapter, of course. >3<'' 

I was having a hard time trying to figure out how the Wolves should react to Tae... Hahahah..~

Still... Comments are love~!! <3 ^~^/