Even Cats Can Be Threatening

♡ Between Braids and Kisses ♡

Kai and the gang were hanging out at their usual place, Kai sitting on his throne-like crates as usual, having a small chat with Yuri. It wasn’t because he hated her, he just disliked when she tried to ask him out, or even make him go home with her. He knew what she thought of him, but he definitely didn’t think of her that way. He even remembered once, when she tried to make him high by making him do some drugs, and then carefully follow him home.

However, Kyungsoo stopped her long before she could even touch him.

That was one of the reasons, why Kai always was extra aware of Yuri’s mind whenever he was near her. He wouldn’t let her get into his pants, no matter how much she begged him for it. So yeah, it was a pain in the to be around her every day.

Oh well, at least it had stopped raining, because all the members had been so annoyed that they hadn’t been able to be outside the whole day. It was just at the Sun was about to set, and the dark approached, that they could hang out at their usual place again.

“Yah, Luhan!” Kai suddenly called, making his hyung turn to look at him with his adorable deer-eyes, getting up from Sehun’s lap, where he had been sitting for the last hour, and then walk to his gang leader.

“Yes, Kai?” Luhan said with a soft smile, yet a quite asking stare.

Kai swallowed, looking a bit around him as he had caught the attention from a few of the gang members. He then looked at his hyung again, “H-How’s… Taemin?” he finally got the courage to ask, making Luhan’s eyes go a little bit wide. Kai’s heart fluttered slightly as he mentioned Taemin’s name, still being worried about the last time they saw each other.

“Eh? He didn’t call you yet?” Luhan asked a little bit too loud and surprised, earning the stares of the rest of the gang members, who were looking at them both with asking glares.

“C-Call me?” Kai said, stuttering a bit. He then remembered, that a few hours ago, someone did call his phone but there was just no one on the line. He thought that it was quite odd, that someone would call him for nothing? Especially because very few people actually had his phone number – it was mostly just the gang and a few “dealers” who he trusted.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan asked as he could see the troubled face on his gang leader.

“I think… That Taemin did call me…” he then said, as he remembered the sound of the breathing from his mysterious caller. It sounded just like Taemin’s sweet, perfect breathing. One of the very few sounds, that could make his heart flutter sweetly. One of the sounds, that could make him smile just by thinking of it.

But something seemed off.

“Eh? He did?” the elder asked, sitting on a crate next to Kai, “What did he say?”

“Nothing… I could just hear him breathe,” Kai sighed, leaning a bit back on his own crate, not noticing the glare Yuri had been sending him ever since he mentioned Taemin’s name.

“That’s… Strange,” Luhan said quietly, asking himself why Taemin hadn’t talked to Kai yet. He said that he would call him later that day, didn’t he? Or did Luhan misunderstand it? Or maybe Taemin was still scared of Kai after he nearly attacked Taemin - something that could have ended so wrong.

“Aish… Why do you even care about him?” Yuri finally asked, huffing as she crossed her arms over her large chest, “He’s not even a member of this gang, remember?”

“Yuri, shut it,” Sehun said, standing a few meters away from them, giving Yuri one of his cold glares. Something that might be a bit hard to take seriously, since his hair still looked like a fluffy rainbow.

“Why?” Yuri asked with a y tone, “Just because Taemin is friends with Luhan, you all treat him like some kind of gang member! It’s ridiculous! He shouldn’t even be here!”

“What the hell?!” Luhan exclaimed, getting up from his crate, facing Yuri, “Taemin has everything it takes to become a gang member if he wanted! Apart from you!” Luhan’s eyes had turned slightly red – just a little. He was kind of growling at Yuri at that time, not frightening her though – she was used to the guys growling at each other whenever they just had a small fight.

“Seriously! He’s just trying to turn Kai into a like himself! Haven’t you seen the way Taemin looks at him?! I don’t get why you-” Those very words, were the last to come from Yuri’s mouth, as she was cut off by a glare from Kai.

“Yuri. Shut the up,” Kai’s voice said coldly, making Yuri lose her hard, tough glare, and sit back onto her chair with a displeased huff. Her arms still crossed over her chest – but she had given up on saying anything, thinking that it was the best to be quiet.

“Wow, bro. Chill, I just think she’s on her period or something!” Amber said, even though she was sending Yuri a cold glare too as she handed Kai a joint, “Take some.”

Kai looked at Amber for a few seconds, his angry features on his face slowly fading as he took a deep breath and accepted the joint from Amber’s hand, “Thanks,” he mumbled, inhaling a little bit of the joint without problems. Feeling the way the smoke ran down into his lungs and through his body, making him relax. Making him feel good again.

He sighed and closed his eyes in relaxation, the marked veins on his neck slowly disappearing.

“See, isn’t that much better?” Amber said, patting Kai’s shoulder. The leader just smirked and gave a small nod to the always-comforting Amber.

“Thanks. It was just what I needed to fall down,” he sighed again, giving Amber back her lit joint, earning a small smile from his noona before she went back to smoking by herself.

“Oh, so that’s all you need to ing fall down, you piece of ?!” a harsh, unknown voice suddenly said, making all the gang members freeze in place. The voce was pretty light, yet extremely fierce and clearly angry. Mad.

Everyone turned to look at the person walking towards them. His hands were fisted tightly, a few veins visible on his thin wrists. His hair was blonde, with a pair of Gucci sunglasses in it. His face looked like a cat’s in some way – very cold, fierce eyes, proving that not only wolves could be threatening.

“Hey, I know this guy,” Tao said quietly as he remembered seeing him at the mall with Taemin before, but not daring to actually disturb anyone.

“Who are you?” Kai asked, getting up from his crate and walking towards this stranger, who didn’t look like someone who was coming with peace. His eyes were cold, giving Kai a death glare – showing no mercy at all.

“Who am I?” the guy smirked, stopping right in front of the gang leader, “I’m your worst nightmare, bastard.” His words being said with some kind of a low whisper while he narrowed his already extremely cold eyes. His glare not leaving Kai’s for one second.

“…” Luhan whispered to himself as he knew who the guy was, “I think something bad happened.” He was very worried, so Sehun decided to walk up to him, wrapping a comforting arm around his slim waist.

“Who is it, Lulu?” the younger whispered, even though he knew he had seen him somewhere before. He just couldn’t remember exactly where or when.

“It’s… Key… Taemin’s best friend and umma,” Luhan whispered back to his boyfriend, while Taemin’s umma, Key, and Kai just stood there, about a meter away from each other. Sending each other cold glares – Kai still not knowing that Key was someone he had to be nice to, to get permission to date Taemin.

“What do you want from us?” Kai asked with a deep, cold voice and his hands in his pockets – looking like he didn’t give a single .

“What I want?” Key asked, giving a small smirk, “Revenge.”

Those words confused Kai even more. He didn’t even know the ing guy? He hadn’t done anything to him, so what the did he actually want from him? It pissed Kai off – just a little bit, maybe?

“Revenge?” Kai repeated with a huff, raising an eyebrow, “From what? And who the do you actually think you are? Just walking into my territory!” Kai’s voice had already gone from careless to cold and harsh.

He didn’t get to say a single word more, as a hand grabbed the collar of his shirt harshly, making him gasp a little bit in shock. The gang members just about to run to his aid – Luhan stopping them immediately, giving them serious glares.

He knew what he was doing.

And he knew, that they shouldn’t be interrupting that moment.

Even though Key’s hand was still clung to Kai’s collar, his eyes digging into Kai’s – digging right into his dark soul, being nothing but merciless. Those eyes of his, was the ones of an angry, pissed mom, whose son had been suffering the worst ing way.

“Because of you, you filthy brat, Taemin is suffering,” Key said with a low, growling whisper, “You’d better make up for what you’ve done, or else I’ll kill you.”

Kai’s eyes should be showing some kind of fear – and they did. They didn’t show his fear for Key, because he didn’t care enough for his own life to actually express it. However, he cared way too much for Taemin, to not feel worried.

His heart even started to beat painfully.

“W-What?” he stuttered, his eyes flacking a few times in confusion.

Key just tightened his grip on the gang leader’s collar of his shirt, frowning at him, “He’s ing hospitalized, you idiot!” Key yelled, letting all the gang members hear, even though they all kept being silent, not wanting to miss any part of their conversation.

Kai was silent, too.

He was completely shocked and confused – as well as he blamed himself for everything that happened to his beloved hyung. Even though it wasn’t his job to protect Taemin against all kinds of dangers… Then he still felt the urge to do it.

It felt like the only right thing to do in life – to protect the most beautiful thing in the world.

And he had failed.

His heart was beating to fast, as if it was going to burst out of his chest at any minute.

As if it was going to kill him.

“Because of you, some guys ing him! It’s all your fault!” Key screamed in Kai’s face, a few tears struggling to get out of the worried umma’s eyes, “If only he didn’t like you that much, then this would never have happened! He would never have to experience such a horrible thing! I blame no one but you, son of a !!”

The silence from all the wolves didn’t bother Key at all. He just kept on scolding Kai for his mistake. Because it was all Kai’s fault! Everything! Key would definitely never be able to give Kai his blessing.

If it stood to him, Key would make sure that Kai would never come close to Taemin again. No matter how much Taemin and Kai loved each other! Kai would have to do something, to get Key’s forgiveness as well as his blessing.

“Because of you, my innocent boy got his dream broken!” Key’s breath was starting to become uncontrollable as the tears started running down his cheeks, “A took his innocence away! Because of a brat like you! He didn’t even get to have a first time with his true love!” Those words finally made Key raise his free fist, just about to knock the out of the gang leader – just like he had been urging to do ever since he saw him. His fury was clearly taking over him, but whom could he blame? Kai, that’s who. And he was going to pay for it.

So now, he didn’t see any other options, than to hit against Kai with his tightly clenched fist. His fist headed towards Kai’s perfect, tanned cheek, just a single second away from colliding with it.

Key, not stopping for one second as he used all of his power.

But still, his fist stopped mid-air.

It stopped, a few inches away from Kai’s face, as Kai’s own hand had caught Key’s fist just in time, making Key look at the gang leader with wide, surprised eyes – still breathing heavily in anger.

As Key, the worried and upset umma, looked at Kai… Was the first time he had ever seen the eyes of a wild, furious wolf. Kai’s usual, beautiful eyes were completely red in fury. His lips shaped into a growling frown, showing his slightly sharp canines, as if he had just found the prey that should be his dinner. It was a sight that actually scared Key – a person that wasn’t easy to scare.

Kai easily pushed Key’s hand away with his own, Key still completely dumb-founded and shocked by the wolf pack leader’s reaction. He could now see, how they had gotten their gang name.

Key felt his own body shiver, as Kai opened his mouth to speak in a threatening voice…

“Tell me where the I can find those bastards.” 

_____________________________

 

A/N: 

OOHHH, SHIET IS GOING DOOOWWNNN.

I THINK KAI IS JUST A LITTLE BIT PISSED. YES, MAYBE JUST A TINY BIT. DON'T YOU THINK? <3

Someone's been toying with your hyung, Kai... Kill them. <3 Go ahead. We wont stop you. OuO/ <3 

...

I think it's quite funny, how my iTunes keeps playing happy songs when I'm writing sad/furious parts of a fanfic... =//u//=

I find it quite difficult to write this chapter while listening to SuJu's "Cooking Cooking" ... *nod'nod* <3

Oh well... I love you all for commenting~! HONESTLY, your comments are probably the reason why I update so much~ OuO/ <3 

 

COMMENTS ARE LURVE~  <3

What do you guys think Kai is gonna do about this little problem, mmh? ~ <3