The Guy Behind The Wall (Part 2)

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

Let's know more about Jason.. ^^

****

Because of the unexpected happening on the stage the ceremony ended early. Student were asked to get back in class  but no one can get their concentration straight as they are still talking and arguing about the thing tha happen in the ceremony. There were really no classes as the professor held an emergency meeting so students just continue gossiping and hanging on the corridors.

I decided to go back to the practice room for another time to check. But instead of finding her there, I found some students chatting inside . There are also a few who practices. A guy stood up as he saw me.

“Hey Jason, are you going to use the practice room?” I sure did get the attention of the others as they turn their head in my way.

I smiled and shook my head. I was about to turn my way to the library when I heard someone stumble, I look back at the room. The girl in pigtails who was practicing on the hand grills faint. What was that? I run in to help them.

“Hey, wake up! Are you alright”

She slowly opens up her eyes.

“Are you alright?”

It took her awhile and she suddenly realizes she was staring at me. Her eyes widened and for the second time she lost conscience. Whoa! What did I do? I help them bring her to the clinic. Her friends thank me for helping them. It was really nothing since I think it was my fault anyway. Even though it’s not I bet I would still help them since I was there. When the nurse came in to see the trouble I excused myself out. I don’t want to be get involved that much.

I already forgot where I was about to go. I closed my eyes and sigh where am I getting myself into. I need to get out of reality for awhile. I took my headphones and turn it on I went to the rooftop to get some fresh air. I lay down on the bench. Students here are no difference with the student’s in States everyone is so determine during practice and performance but they still find time to take a break and start fooling around. I can still hear laughter from below so I decided to turn the volume up.

I was lost in thought for a moment. I was thinking about my family in states my friends and how I was doing. Then everything went blank for awhile, I had fallen asleep.

“Jason!” she giggled.

I was awaken from my sleep by a very familiar voice.

“Yah! Jason”, she once again called so I decided to get up looking around like a fool.

 “Please just one more time”, that was me.

“Alright I’ll sing it for you” and she begun the song.

 I was frozen for awhile and then immediately make a turn but she wasn’t there the owner of the song she wasn’t behind me she wasn’t around. Cold wind brushes my cheek as I can feel butterfly inside my stomach. I look down and sigh. You’re such a fool Jason. You’re in Seoul how could she be possibly here. I cover my face with my hand. I totally realize that it was a recording I made that was playing.  

ARGH! BABO!

Even though I feel ache inside me I continue to listen to the song as I stare far into space. It’s been awhile since I played this song and it sure brings back memories. Memories that I try to forget but then decided to hide it inside me. I don’t know if I was really still hurting or maybe I was just remembering the pain I use to feel, like the memories that was just coming back to me right now. But I can feel that when this song ended all the feeling I felt right now will be gone with it. The current Jason is already fine just reminiscing. I turn off the music player as the song ended and I smile to myself. I was already doing great!

I gave my sister a call, I know it will cost me a lot but I just miss her so much.

“Yow, wassup?”

“Who is this?”

“It’s me Jason”

“Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!” she screamed.

“Hey get a hold of yourself I felt like I would be deaf after this call”, I laughed.

“I super duper miss you”

“I miss you to sissy”

“Hey I’m already grown up so don’t call me sissy”

“You’re just in your teens”, I demanded.

I mocked and like I always do and she screamed teased back and giggle a lot. She was telling me about their life mostly about her school life and asking me about mine. She sure got a lot of story that I don’t have to explain her much of mine. She was too talkative and that was good cause I just want to listen to her to get away of my boredom and I was kind of homesick as well.

“Hey, what do you think if I go visit you there?”

“What?” I was surprised she wanted to visit me here??

“I wanted to go there”

“Are you serious? You still got schools”

“And so do you”

“But that’s different I’m taking up my studies here so it will not be a problem for me to be here but you. No, no, no you are not allowed to skip school”

“Argh, even just for a week or two?” she sounded hopeful.

“Definitely not”, I just won’t allowed it. I’m well much aware how important her studies are and I know what she’s up to. She won’t be planning to return back to the States if the life here interested her and that is not good. I bet she won’t consider asking mom about it since she wanted to become independent.   

“Please”, she begs.

“No and that’s final. You cannot skip school and you cannot live mom alone. Mom, won’t allow you”

“But----”, I cut her off.

“No buts, if you insist of coming here I’m never going to take you in my place. Do you understand?” she got nowhere to stay if that happen and I know she can’t afford to stay in a hotel for 2 days if she won’t be asking mom for money.

“I guess I cannot really come visit you”, she already given up. Her voice was low and I can feel she was hurt.

“I’m sorry but that will the best”, I modulated my voice.

“For you”, she replied. I guess I got overboard. “This call will just cost you so much and we just end up arguing. I better end it now. Goodbye” and she hang up.

What have I done? I reacted so much when my sister just wants to visit me; I’m such a bad brother.

“Yow!” someone tap me on the back.

“Hyung, what are you doing here? Trespassing?”

“What! Have you forgotten your school is open for the public just for today”, Nick said and handles me a cold can of soda.

“You seem frustrated you need some sugar to cool down. Is it still about the performance? Don’t worry I didn’t have the chance to see how you mess up”, his mocking.

“Huh, who mess up?” I open the lid of the can and took a drink.

“Then what’s with that face?” he paused “Wait the phone… don’t tell me a LOVERS QUARELL!!!”, his exaggerated.

“SHUT UP! it’s Jin Ri, she wanted to come here”

“What?! Choi Jin ri your sister?” He almost spills the coke on my face surprise.

“Tss, what’s with that reaction?”I rolled my eyes away from his direction.

“Hey, isn’t she already 17. When is she coming?”

“She won’t be coming”, I informed him. Why is he so interested in my sister coming here in Seoul?

“But you just told me she wanted to come here and now she isn’t coming”, he took a sip on his soda as his eyes where locked on me.

“I didn’t allow her to come here, fool”

“awtz, I was hoping to see how much she had grown. The last time I saw her is when she is still in 6th grade I bet she grown very pretty, a lady like something”

“What are you talking about? My sister still looks the same way as before you don’t need to see her in person”

“Well, I can search some of her picture in the net. Do you think we can go out if she ever comes here?”

“What? I’m not allowing it”, I freaked out. This guy was planning taking my sister out, no way.

“Hey, where friends right, Just one date will be enough”, he bragged.

“Stop it Nick”

“Ah, this brat.”

I put back my headphones on, I just don’t want to hear Nick babbling about Jin Rin it makes me feel sick. I thought I could escape from him for awhile but then he grab the headphone on my left ear and try to listen as well.  

“I haven’t heard this song before, sounds nice”, he complemented.

I smiled and nod.

“Who’s the singer?”

“A schoolmate of mine, it’s her audition piece”, I inform her.

“Jeongmal? Can you introduce me to her?”

Wow, he easily changes interest. I smirk “No need. Why don’t you approach her yourself? She’s right there”, I pointed down to the ground floor. The students where already living the campus and one of them is Kim pilsook with her doll she was standing on the side of the gate. Maybe she was waiting for the guy last time.

“That girl? No kidding!”

“ You can confirm it yourself. Go on”

“Maybe I’ll meet her next time”, he turn his back on me.

“Argh! You just miss your chance”, I complained as I saw Pilsook finally went out.

We headed out of school as the 2nd bell rings. They already dismissed the class due to the director’s departure that afternoon.So  Nick and decided to hang out in my apartment.

“Feel at home”, I told him and he jump off in my sofa. “Hey, I said feel at home but don’t break anything”

He laughs “Well this is how I feel at home”

He's such a friend. I went to the kitchen to get something to eat and drink. I took some bottles of soda and some chips I kept in the cabin. Something I chew whenever I get bored. I throw the chips to him and he catches it in an instant.

“Hey, how about some noodles or ramen?” he asked.

“Wow, demanding?” I murmured with a silent laugh.

“Did you say something?” he asked.

“eh, I’ll bring the noodles” , I put down the soda on the small table in front of him and went back to get the noodles. I get two cups of noddles and pur hot water on it put the flavorings and stirs.  I handle him his share.

“Thanks”, he took it without hesitation. I watched him as he first took a sip on his noodle then burst into laughter.

“Hey, what had you put in here”

“You’ll see just for a minute”, I said in between laughs then he turn red and quickly grab the soda infront of him. He finishes his in one drink and took my share.

“Hey!” I protested.

“You brat I’m going to kill you”, and he launch.

We were like kids running around until where exhausted and lay on the floor. Nick accidently lay on the remote and a song started to play we both pause for awile as I recognize the singer.

“So you still listen to her songs”, Nick started.

I got up and turn off the player.

“Anio, I just accidently put the wrong cd”, I told him.

“Do you miss her?”

I open up the cd and player and took the cd out, place it on the cd rack and finally face Nick who finally find his way back to the sofa.

“It has been two years, everything has already changed”, I told him with a smile on my face.

“Yah, I can sense your happy but is she?” he opens up another can of soda as I left the question hanging.