Mystery

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

 

 __JasonP.O.V___

I can't remember how long was it  since I last saw Pilsook and her doll, at first it didn't bother me but then I don't know why thoughts of her always crossed my mind. I’ve been busy practicing for the welcome ceremony for the past few weeks and that get me out of focus, due to that teacher Shi decided that I should be performing with a group instead. I want to argue about that, I was sure I was ready for a solo.

The next day, I went to the her office to apologize hoping that she would change her mind and give me back my solo performance, but I was wrong.

"If you want to do a solo performance you should put your mind and heart on it. But based on what I see you still need support, so work hard on it", Teacher Shi said.

I shook my head in disbelief; I'm the top student how come I couldn't perform solo.

"Jason", she called out before I leave the room "Next time you’re going to run away from practice, make sure that I'm not be able to find you or else I'll be dropping you out of my class. Understand?"

I nod in response biting my lips, she stood from her seat raising an eyebrow "And before I forgot , Ri Ah will be back soon,  you should start sticking to her if you want to debut early" what the-- is she suggesting me to stick with that girl to get my debut. I'm really sure I got talents so why would I do that. Lee Ri Ah is already one of the famous students in Kirin due to her looks she's been in many commercial films already but I don't need her to gain popularity.

I went my way to my locker to prepare for my next class and I was really in a bad mood. I stop in front of my locker and like everyday there was a lollipop stuck on it but today there was a note on the lollipop. I hesitate to get it; I'm not in the mood of eating sweets. I open up my locker and get my things and headed my way upstairs.

I sat silently in my sit during class not really focused on what the teachers are saying. I was wondering what happen to the candy I left downstairs could she probably take it back or maybe someone took it? No, she might get angry if she saw someone eating it up and not me. Without a word I hurried downstairs. I sighed as I saw the lollipop untouched on my locker, good it was still there. I smile as I read the note attached on it.

Cheer up don’t lose hope..

Hwaitting!!! J

Could this person be watching me? I smile even wider as I turn to look around.

I wasn't really planning of attending the practice that afternoon, now that they had taken my solo performance but everything had change because of this. I don’t know why I felt strange as I read the note over and over. I felt like it was giving me strength. As I walked my way to the practice room, I finally saw Pilsook. She was already living the building, head down. Could there be something wrong? I wanted to approach her for she looks lonely but I still need to hurry back to practice. I was already 15 minutes late due to that make up class I had to take. I hope teacher Shi wouldn’t mind it this time; I already got a reliable excuse.

I try to get my focus on the practice and everything went smoothly, I guess leading a group isn’t really bad at all.

“Not bad Jason”, teacher Shi said as she checks on us. “I can see your working hard right now, you should have done that earlier”, she smirked.

As the practice ended I headed off, Nick was waiting for me outside.

“Yow, how’s your practice?”

“Sorry if I had make you wait”, I apologize. 

“It’s ok bro, there are a lot of cute girls in your school”, we both laughed.

“You haven’t change. Come on, let’s go”

Nick was my former classmate and long term friend since grade school. Uhmm, I had attended grade school here in Korea before my parents decided to move to the state. It was good that I maintain my friendship with Nick, he was the first person I came to when I had decided to live in Korea. He helped me find a place to stay and new friends, ah I mean not really new friends to hang out with whenever I got problems. I met some friends during my vacation here; I had stayed in Nick’s house that time. His parents were really nice. I made lot of friends during that time though most of those friends had already gone overseas but still we keep in touch with one other.

“Thanks for the lift”, I told him as he drop me in front of my apartment.

“No problem bro, anytime”, he said and headed off.

I walked my way to my apartment I pressed the code to immediately open the door. I throw my bag on the couch as I went my way in front of the computer. I open it up and went to my room to change my clothes while it was still loading. When I was done, I went back in front of my pc and browse the net.

I first check my email, that’s the first thing I always do when I arrive at home. I already got 6 unread mails. I’d open it up it’s from my sister and my mom from states. My sister always sends me email every day, I think she considers me as her diary or something. She always end her mail with a miss you making me miss her too, she was my little princess. Well mom sends me email once a week to check on me, she’s been busy in her work there. After replying on their messages, I browse for new music. I also did check up my accounts on the other social networking site and found out that there was someone grabbing my pictures in the net. What are they going to do with those pictures? I wonder.

I was about to turn off the computer when something crossed my mind, I went to the search tab and type Kirin high audition clip. It has been a while since I search for those clips. My eyes where focused on the screen as I look at the results there were about  more than a hundred of clips that came out. I scroll the mouse down.

“Whoa, I also got my audition clip”, I said as I saw a clip of my own audition it got a pretty lot of views. I smiled and continue to search. Finally I saw the clip I was looking for; there were a few comments on the video.

Don’t scroll it down, I told myself but still I got a glimpse of some of the comment.

“She got a really nice voice, too bad she doesn’t look good”

“Nice voice but what’s with the face, you shouldn’t have taken off your custom. LOL.. XD”

What’s with these guys? Argh—

I closed my eyes as I hit the download button. After downloading the video I converted it to mp3 and put it in my phone. I just really like her song. J

I had asked Nick to pick me up early the next day; I was planning to come to school early.

“Hyung, do you know any place where they sell sweets? I asked him before we headed off.

“Wae?”

“I was planning to thank someone”

“With a candy?”

“Well, yes”, I think she like that she always give me one.

“Is it a girl? Why don’t you invite her to lunch? I bet she’ll like it even more”, he suggested.

That was really a nice suggestion I might do that if I know who she is.

“I can’t”

“Why, don’t you like her?”

“It’s not that it’s very complicated”, I laugh at myself. I don’t know how to tell him that I had no idea who the girl is.

“Fine, I’ll bring you to the store”

We stop in front a small grocery store. I went in to look for a candy to gave her then I saw the lollipop that almost look exactly like the one I got from my locker.

“I’ll took this”, I told the cashier as I handed my payment.

“Excuse me, are you a student of Kirin?” she asked as she handed me my change.

“Nae”, I nodded politely.

“Ah that’s why you look familiar, is it okay if I took a picture?

 “eh?” I said surprise it’s the first time someone ask to took picture with me.

As I arrive at school I hurried to my locker took a pen and paper.  I attach a note on the lollipop and put it on my locker. I really have no idea where to put it so that I can make sure that she will be able to get it. I smile as I headed off to my first class.

“Annyong”, Baek Hee greeted me in the hallway.

 I smile at her in response; she’s being friendly with me lately. 

The class went on as usual learning new stuff was fun and boring at the same time. I check on my locker during break and saw that the lollipop was already gone. Relief, I hope she really did get my thank you note.

When I headed to the practice room I saw Kim Pilsook on the side peeking inside the practice room. She was carrying his boy doll like always. I tap her shoulders.

“Excuse me” she looks back.

“Did you forget anything in the practice room?” I asked.

I waited for her reply but she just stared at me.

She finally shook her head in response.

“Oh, I see”, I nodded smiling. “Then I’ll go ahead.

She flickered blushing a little bit. It was the second time I saw her blush and it was really cute. Then I headed my way to the practice room greeting everyone with a smile on my face. We started to warm up and practice the first routine for a few times as we waited for the others. As I was about to went out of the practice room to get a drink, I was a little bit surprised to see Pilsook still standing on the same place I left her earlier.

Is there something wrong?” I asked.

“Ah, Ani”, she smile shyly.

“Kim Pilsook”, we both turned to our left and saw Professor Shi.

She raises an eyebrow as her arms where crossed.

“What are you doing here?”

“uhmm I—”, her voice was shaking.

“Nae?”

“I’ll be going now”, she said as she went her way head down.

“And you?” Teacher Shi turns to me.

“Going to practice”, I smile.

“Ka”, she replies as her gesture toward the practice room.

I enter the practice room making faces. I got some senior students on my team who just arrived, so I bowed down to show respect. I don’t want them to feel annoyed or something being under a hubae.

 “The girl earlier she was also here yesterday before you came in”, someone whisper to me.

 “Jeongmal?”

Did she really go here yesterday?

“You haven’t notice her, she has been always peeking during your practice hours”, Jang hoo added.

“Chincha?” I really didn’t notice I was pre occupied. I look back to the place where I saw her just a few minutes ago.

“That girl, I really think she likes you. Too bad your too popular for her”, Yi soo said shaking his head and tap my face once.

“Nae”, they all agree laughing and started talking about girls.

“Hyung, you shouldn’t judge a person by her looks”, I commented as I heard how they laugh at those other girls who they thought aren’t pretty at all. It was just unfair.

“Ah this kid, you’re playing such a goodboy. We are namja’s of course we look for cute and loving girls. Who want to marry a pig or a gorilla”, he once again laughed.

I just shooked my head and stood up.

“Kaja, let’s start the rehearsals”, I called out to stop those silly talks. I don’t know why I’m getting annoyed.

After the practice, I went my way out of the campus leaned over the side wall as I waited for Nick to arrive.

“Oppa!”

Two high school girls came to approached me.

“Excuse me, do I know you?”

“Oppa, have you forgotten me?” the girl with a long hair that was curled on the end said.

“Mianhae, but I can’t seem to remember”, I had no idea if I saw this girl before.

“Oppa, I was the girl you helped on the subway”

My eyebrows furrowed as I try to remember.

“ah, I was the girl crying on the subway when I lost my wallet. You offered me your hanky and carry my project for me. You also did call for a cab to bring me home, I was really thankful”

“Oh, I remember. Your Hee Ra right?.”, there was really a happening like that on the subway when I encounter this girl she was crying her heart out not knowing how she will be able to get home, she lost her wallet and hand phone. I felt pity and pay the subway and cab fare for her, I didn’t know I’m going to meet her again.

She smiles. “Nae”  

“Did you came to see me?”, I asked smiling back.

“Mmmm…” she nodded.  .“ah, this is my friend Shin ah” she said introducing me to the girl beside her who’s hair was tied into two pony tail.

“annyong”, I greeted.

“See, I told you I know him”, Hee Ra told the girl.

“I believe you”, she answered back looking at me.

“Why are you here?” I asked.

“We brought you this”, she handed me a bag of cookies. “We baked it ourselves”

“Komupta, but why are you giving me this?”

“I just wanna say thanks”

“Thank you”, I accept the cookies as it really does smell good.

“Pilsook!!!!!!!!!!” I turn to look at the other side of the street and see a guy waving his hand as he called out her name. Wait! I wasn’t the one being called.

He looks left and right and then run crossing the street. I continue to watch him as he went to approach Pilsook who I didn’t notice was standing opposite to me. Pilsook was smiling at him.

Who the hell is that guy?

“Hey, isn’t that Jonghyun oppa?”, the girl interrupted.

“Did you know him?” I asked the two.

“Of course, Jonghyun oppa is a musician he sometimes play in some bars in hongdae”, Hee Ra said.

“His famous and really cool”, Shin Ah added.

“Chincha?” that guy is famous? He doesn’t seem to be well his sense of fashion was good. He was wearing accessories that look cool on him.

“Ya! Who could that girl be?”

The guy took Pilsook’s bag as they walked passed us, I just can’t help myself as I turn to watch them go. I felt something strange inside me like I wanted to grab her hand and take her away from him. Why am I like this?

“Could she possibly be his girlfriend?”, Hee Ra said.

Could he be the guy in the picture that Pilsook kiss when she passed the audition? They were already out of sight but I was still pressing my lips together.

“Ani, that can’t be. Did you see her? She doesn’t even have a figure. Oppa won’t like a fatso like her. NO WAY!”, Shin Ah said with a lot of malice in her voice.

“Excuse me what did you say?” I just lost my temper.

“Eh?” she asked surprise.

“What did you just call her?”

“Is she oppa’s friend?” Hee Ra asked in a low tone.

“Nae, she is my friend”, I answer annoyance was ringing in my voice.

Eh, did I just say she’s my friend? Are we?

“Oh, mianhae oppa we didn’t mean it”, Hee Ra apologies bowing down.

“Nae, mianhae”, shin ah said slightly bowing her head.

I sighed. “Don’t you guys have classes?”

“ah, nae will be going now. Mianhaesso”, Hee Ra said and she grab Shin ah’s hand.

When Nick arrives he easily pick up my bad mood, he smile and tap my shoulders.

“I’m sorry if I’m late, I’ll just treat you something is that okay?”

“Ani, you don’t’ have to do that”, I told him.

“Aren’t you mad because I was late?”

“Can we just get going?” I said and grab the extra helmet.

“Aishhhhhhhh! Arrasso” he said and started the motor.

I wasn’t really annoyed of him because I was already annoyed before he came in. Ah, I just feel strange lately. I put my hand on my chest to feel my heartbeat.

What’s wrong with me? Am I je--, Ani.. I shook my head trying to erase the thought of being jealous.

Jason, your just concern because

“Hey, can you stay still? I’m driving here”, Nick cut me off.

“Ahh, mianhae”, I reply.

Days of practice went on smoothly as always. I try to get my focus every time I enter the school gate. I need to clear my head so I can perform properly; I already lose my solo I don’t want to lose this performance. Days passed and it got me more exited and disappointed as well. It was announce that the ceremony will be open to the public and many media will cover it. It was a very great chance for an early debut. 

"Don't be too disappointed, bro. Your still the one leading the dance it's alright", Nick said as he drove me to school.

"Yeah, but it'll be great if I can do solo. It might be a chance for an early debut", I informed him.

"That's true but you can also take it easy, right?"

"I guess so"

As we arrived at school the press has already gathered outside, eager to see why the ceremony was open in public, who were the 3 special admission students and I'm also curious about that because they where handpicked by the director and the one who will be performing solo. I wished they could just give us way so I can enter the school but they where to busy taking pictures by the school gate.

"I guess I can't take you all the way", Nick said as he stops the motor.

"Ne, thanks a lot", I reply as I get off and handed him the helmet.

"No problem, anytime. See yah later then. Good luck", he said. I gave him a slight nod and he headed off.

As I enter the dressing room everyone seems really excited to perform. Girls were busy finishing there make up. Boys were chatting making fool of their looks. A girl with a red curly  hair who was probably one of the makeup artist called me to sit down and she started doing my hair and makeup. I put on my headphones as she started her work. She just put a light make up on my face and started on my hair applying a lot's of cream, thank goodness it smells nice. When she was finished I headed out to change my outfit. As I was going back to the room I saw Baek hee she smiles at me in greetings. I smile back.

"You look great", she complemented.

"You too", I reply. I open the door for her so she can enter first. Manner.

"Thanks" I guess she was a little bit nervous as she continued to touch her pendant, which she considers as her lucky charms.

"Don't worry. You'll do great", I try to encourage her. I saw her practice really hard and she has improved well in her dancing.

"Jeongmal komawo", she replies removing her hands from her pendant and she smile more comfortably.

"Jason, your turn", Teacher Shi called out. I didn't realize that the ceremony has already started. I run my way to my group.

"Let's do it", I told them and we headed our way to the stage.

I step on the stage full of confidence as the music started I can feel it flowing in my veins. I was sure I’m going to show them a great performance.

Let me show you what I got.