Stranger's Tears (special chapter)

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

 

Pilsook POV

 

I folded my little arms cross on my chest, pouting as I look at the empty street.

 

 “Pilsook, do you want to grab a cookie?” the ahjumma inside the house ask me holding a plate of chocolate chips cookie. I smiled at her as I stood up and took a piece of cookie on the plate. My mom was still busy chatting with her friend and seems to be having a great time.

 

I walked toward my mom and tug her sleeves.

 

“What is it Pilsook?” my mom asked.

 

“can I go out to look around?” I asked.

 

“eh, sure just don’t go too far”, her mom said.

 

“Uhmm”, I nodded as I held onto my little pink body bag which I always bring with me wherever I go out.

 

I held onto the strap of my bag as I walked around the area. The housing in the village was sure big and looks really elegant. I wonder when I will ever have a house like that. I was two engross in looking at the beautiful houses when I heard sobs coming from behind the bushes.

 

I took hesitant step forward before peeking on the side and saw a boy curled into a ball behind those bushes.

 

“are you alright”, I asked as I bend down looking at him.

 

He tilts his head up looking at me with his wet red eyes. He must been crying for centuries, his face all stain with his tears eyes and nose totally red and lips almost swollen, he must be biting it to stiffen his sobs. I stare at him waiting for an answer but then instead of replying back her eyes started it’s waterworks’ again howling a little louder.

 

Omo, did I scare him?

 

I was in a quiet panic not knowing on how I will be able to make him stop, then something pop in my head. I open up my bag and took my last lollipop out. I use to carry this bag to bring my goodies with me.

 

“here”, I said giving my lollipop to him.

 

He stops crying and once again look at me.

 

“Take this it can make you feel better”, I assume since sweets got that effect on me.

 

His face lightens up a bit as he reaches out for the lollipop.

 

“thanks”, he said looking away his cheeks turning a little rosy.

 

I sat beside him smiling as he already decided to stop crying. I took out the handkerchief in my pocket and once again offer it to him but once again he just keep on staring at me so I begun wiping his tears for him. He then grab my hand and took the handkerchief.

 

“I’ll do it”, he said again looking away as his cheeks continue to flash red.

 

I wonder what’s wrong with him, does he feel sick. He was surely looking all red.

 

“okay”, I reply also looking away.

 

“are you feeling better?” I once again asked.

 

He nodded in response as he plays with the lollipop on his hand. I took the lollipop from him open it up and once again handle it to him. He looks at me surprise.

 

“you shouldn’t play with your food”, I said pouting.  “eat it. It’s really good”, I said as I put it infront of his mouth urging him to take a bite. The surprise look on his face turns into a smile as he took the lollipop from me then he divided it in two giving me the other half and now it is my turn to look surprise.

 

He gave me a slight nod still with a smile plaster on his face and that’s when I immediately comply.

 

‘Mmmmmmm’, I can’t help to make that little sound as I finally get a taste of my precious lollipop that earn a little chuckle from my companion.

 

---

 

Jason’s POV

 

I run from home, hiding behind those bushes. I don’t want anyone to see me as I cry my eyes out. I felt betrayed for the first time in my life.

 

It was just last morning when my father told us about migrating, at first I don’t have any ideas on what that thing meant so I just nod and nod to whatever he was trying to explain but when I went to school and told my teachers about it. I saw that they suddenly felt sad and begun saying that I should take care and make new friends to wherever country will be heading.

 

‘Why do I have to make new friends when I already got lots of friends here?’ I asked myself getting really confused.

 

When I got back home, I immediately asked my mom about it and she begun to explain it to me truly. Migrating is not just migrating, a word I thought. But it means moving from a place to another, in our case will be moving to the States. It means living all my friends behind, our house, playmates and everything here in Korea.

 

I don’t like it.

 

I don’t like saying goodbyes, I don’t like moving to another house, I don’t like changing address, I don’t like going to another school. I don’t like leaving my friends. I don’t like to leave Korea. In short I don’t like to migrate.

 

I curled into a ball hugging my knees while biting my lips to keep my sobs low. I don’t want to gain attention from the passerby but my chest is really heavy right now.

 

“are you alright?” a small voice ask. I look up only to find a girl looking at me. She was wearing a cute pink dress matching her little pink body bag; her hair was tie into two cute pigtails making her look really cute. She look at me with her big round eyes.

 

I got caught? I told myself and cry a little louder. I shouldn’t been found out, not with this cute little girl. I thought she was about to leave but instead she fish something out of her little bag. Then she offered me her lollipop. I had stop crying as I look at her. Why is she giving me her sweets?

 

“Take this it can make you feel better”, she said smiling a little.

 

She was very kind and…pretty.

 

“thanks”, I softly mumble turning away feeling my cheeks getting hot.

 

She sat down beside me as my sob finally comes into an end. I start fiddling with my fingers, watching her from the corner of my eyes. I never seen her before but still she was still friendly to a crying stranger like me.

 

I look at her dumb folded as she offer me her handkerchief with her captivating eyes piercing on mine. I just felt an unfamiliar tingling feeling inside my chest and twisting knots in my stomach as she leans closer wiping my face.

 

Is this what they called heart attack?

 

Am I going to die because of this beautiful creature beside me?

 

I gulp a lump on my throat as I took her hands off my face.

 

“I’ll do it”, I said looking away from her. My heart is beating real hard inside my chest due to her closeness and I can’t afford to die now, I’m too young.

 

“Okay”, she sweetly reply as she leans away, calming my racing heart.

 

‘what is wrong with me today?’

 

“Are you feeling better?” she then asked.

 

I answered with a nod as I play with the lollipop in my hand, I was startled when she grab it from me. Does she change her mind of giving that thing to me?

 

“You shouldn’t play with your food”, she said pouting making her 10 times cuter. She unwrapped the lollipop and once again offers it to me.

 

“Eat it, it’s really good”, she said.

 

I took the lollipop from her and smile as I divided it to two. I’m sure she likes sweets that is why she is carrying it around. Her eyes widened in surprise as she looks at me hesitant. I gave her a slight nod and she took it with a smile widening her cute little face. She started making sounds as she eat her share making me chuckle. She really do enjoy eating sweets, I hope she wouldn’t get cavities.

 

In the end I ended up telling her the reason why was I crying as my eyes once again started to moist she begun patting my shoulders telling me everything is going to be alright. That moving might as well be a good choice since I can have more friends from different countries. She told me about her dream of going around the world sharing her music. She wanted to become a performer and told me that she’ll invite me in her first concert if that happen. I started to become comfortable with her as if we had been best of friends from a long time ago.

 

She glances at her clock and with small ‘oh’ she stood up.

 

“I got to go”, she said.

 

“but it’s still early”, I told her not really liking the idea of her leaving so fast.

 

“ani, we already been talking for hours and my mom might be looking for me”, she said as she begun to dust off her skirt.

 

“arraseo”, I also stood up.

 

She smiled at me once again before she turns around. I watched her back as she walked out of the bushes then she stop on her tracks and once again look at me.

 

“Yah! Don’t go running away from home again, you’ll make your parents worried, arraso?”

 

“neh!”, I answered chuckling. It felt like I met someone older than me in the body of a six years old kid.

 

She once again smiles waving her two little arms in the air before she run off. Her back slowly disappear from my sight and once again I felt alone. I immediately miss her company, she was sure a talker and I really enjoy hearing her soft chuckles due to what she called my childishness. As far as I know I’m still a child so I don’t really know what’s wrong being childish and always looking for attention.

 

A small smile was painted on my lips as I walked my way home swaying both of my hands on the side. Then I felt something in one of my hand, I look at it.

 

‘eh, I forgot to return her handkerchief’. My lips pouted as I walked inside our house.

 

“Dear is there something wrong”, my mom immediately asks as she saw me enter.

 

WAIT!

 

 ‘I don’t know her name?’ I started to weep. My mother embraced me.

 

“It’s okay. Everything will be alright.” She whispered to my ears.

 

Yes! Everything will be alright..

 

Maybe I’ll come back.

 

NO!

 

I will surely comeback.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

10 chap all at once? !?

 

 

lawl.. I'll just try to update often than USUAL.. kekeke