~The Audition~

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

  A young girl named Kim Pil Sook who weighs 82 kg was being adore because of her angelic voice. Many people told her to try to attend an art school but there are many who discriminate her because of her weight. Consequently, people try to put her hopes down.

  One day while she was watching her favorite drama while eating pop corn an announcement flashed on the TV screen. Kirin high, the most popular art school in Korea, announced an open audition for the students who wanted to study in their university. The school was really famous for making  big stars in Korea, almost everyone wanted to go to that school but it was really hard to be admitted there. It was said that the audition was really hard and only few are allowed to join, but now their president has already make a way for those people who really wanted to try and show their talents.

 Pil Sook was frozen from her sit. She also do wanted to be admitted in that school for her beloved idol Kim Hyun Joong had also came from the same school.

That night Pil Sook can’t sleep that is why she talked to her beloved boy doll.

“Should I’ll try my luck?” she asked. She roll on her bed for a couple of times trying to think of what should she do. Then she faces Kim Hyun Joong picture beside her bed.

“You’ll look after me, Will you”, she giggled as she stare at Hyun Joong smiling face.

 

The day for the audition came, Pil Sook let go of a big sigh as she wear her suit. To hide her appearance she decided to wear a sushi costume, the one they use in their shop.

As the auditon started, she waited for her turn nervously.

 

She sat silently on the bench looking around.

Is it my turn already?” a guy from the side with an English accent said. She looks at him to see that he was talking to another guy who accidentally disturbs him from his sleep.

 

The other guy look at him curiously he seems that he didn’t understand what he said. The guy didn’t know how to speak English.

 

shorry”, the guy said scratching his head.

I said is it  my turn?” the other guy repeated.

I am sorry

It’s going to be awhile for you”, Pil Sook interrupted.

Oh, thanks Ms. Sushi. Will you let me know when it's my turn, please”, the guy said as he gave her a wink.

“Okie”, she replies.

After a long wait Pil Sook number has been called. The guy from before look up. 

"Good Luck", he wished to her as she enter the room.

Pil Sook  came into the room , the judges where very curious in her outfit. The girl professor demand her to take off her costume but she insist. The director smile and told her to perform and she sang her song. They where amaze with the enchanting voice coming from her, one of the judge's jaw dropped. After the song one of the professor once again asked her to take off the costume so that they can see her face.

 

“Will you admit me when I take off the suit?”

“Are you trying to provoke us?”

“No, ma'am”, she said and she finally take off her head dress.

“Oh, my”, someone said.

“We cannot- It’ll be hard to make her famous“, the minister said but the director interrupted him.

“It’s not the face who sing”, he reminded him. He looks at the minister with a smile. “I’ll give you the opportunity to decide whether we’re going to admit her or not?”

Pil Sook got really nervous. The minister knowing what the director is thinking he decided to admit Pil Sook even though he didn’t like it.

Pil Sook was very happy about the decision that she swiftly walked outside the room. She took Kim Hyun Joong picture from her pocket, knelt down and kiss it..

“Oppa, i got admitted”, she said and jumps happily. Because of her suit she stumbles on the floor giggling.

Unkowingly, someone was watching her from afar.

After the audition she went home and told her parents about the good news. Her parents were very proud and happy. Her mom then decided to let her attend a guitar lesson. Thereafter, her mom cooked her favorite meal for dinner. Pil Sook was also happy and excited to go to school to show the people that she can really reach her dreams. She knew someday she will become a successful singer and song writer....

"Eonjengan, Eonjengan" she whispered to herself and have a sumptuous meal.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Jason’s POV

     I was heading toward school as I notice many people had already gathered at the entrance gate. It’s been a week since the chairman announces about the “OPEN AUDITION”, and I was surprise to see how many people wanted to be in this school and be a superstar.

Hmmm, I think Kirin High is really popular in South Korea.

I walked in the campus looking around. School seems to be jam-packed as students start coming. They are hoping to be admitted in this school. As i passed these students they gaze at me. People usually gaze at me very frequently when they discover that I’m from overseas.

I’m a Korean but I grew up in States. I’m an exchange student that’s why they decided that I should also join the open audition to determine my skills and to what class should I belong. It was not a big deal for me because I know that I got what it takes to be admitted in this school. I was not freezing to death because of nervousness like the other students. I am very confident that I will enter this school and be someone.

 

I walked in the lobby to get my form and saw many aspiring singer and dancer all line up. I smile in greetings, I don’t know what they think but as I look at them they all turn their heads away from me. Did I did something wrong, Korean culture is really different from what I’m use to.

 

Hello”, I greeted the lady that was assigned in the lobby. She stares at me for a moment then handed me my number.

“Oh, thank you”, I told her with a smile but she just rolled her eyes.

As I walked away, I really feel very awkward. The girl who line up next to me greeted the lady “Annyeonghaseyo!” and the lady greeted back. Should I try speaking hangul?  I asked myself.

 

The audition has finally started and every one seems to be a bit nervous as their turns come. I waited patiently on the side resting. I close my eyes and everything went black. I think I had fallen asleep. Then suddenly was shaken from my sleep.

Is it my turn already?” I asked the guy who probably tripped on my shoes he looked at me and raise his hand.

Shorry

I said is it my turn?” the guy seems to be confused.

I am sorry”, he reply.

“Uhmm” someone from the back interrupted.

It’s going to be awhile for you”, she said as she pokes from his side.

I was surprise to see someone wearing a costume in the audition.

Since number 1200 just went in…

Thanks, Miss Sushi”, I can’t help smiling “Will you let me know when it’s my turn, please?” I continue as I gave her a wink.

She gave me a cute "OKIE" sign in response. I imitate her cute gesture. Adorable, miss sushi!!♥♥♥

An interesting audition suddenly came up. It was between two girls, at first I thought they where best of friends as they came to audition together. But in the end the other girl named Hye Mi threw there friendship away after realizing that only one of them will be admitted in the school and she thought she was the one chosen, but it ends up to be the other girl named Baek Hee. After the director makes her realize why she failed, I shook  my head and lay back on the bench. Miss Sushi continues to watch on the other side of the table; I think she was interested on what was happening between the two girls.

After the encounter between the two girls,  they called  the next auditionee. They have been repeating a number over and over so I turn off my headphones and try to listen if it was already my turn. But something unexpected happened, a tall and masculine guy  with a fire extuinguisher came up trying to cause a ruckus forcing security to force him out. Students begun to gathered around and watch on the sudden happening down stairs. I smirked as I saw the guy messing up with teachers.

 

Woah! Things like this also happen in Korea?

Poor guy, he doesn’t seems to know that his heading to the audition room. I walked out as the crowd starts to make noise. I went out and turn on my head phones as one of my favorite song played. I started to warm up and then let my body  flow with the beat. I felt the music running through my veins. I was in the middle of dancing when I notice someone was standing on the side watching. I stopped.  He was the guy earlier. I was about to ask him what’s his problem as he continue to stare but then he turn around and walked away. I make a swift turn and decided to go in.

 

Audition has already been back to normal. Miss sushi has been sitting on the same spot I left her. I think she was nervous as she was trembling a little. She jumps up as they called her number. I laughed after seeing her all shocked. She glances at my direction for a moment. I smiled.

Good luck!” She nodded and went her way into the room.

I went to the nearest monitor to watch. The teachers got some problem with her outfit they said it was inappropriate. The other told her take it off or exit but the director decided that she should start singing. And then she began.

I don’t know what happen to me as I was frozen from my sit. Her voice stunned me. Her voice was so enchanting that I though time have stopped. Then it ended they asked her to take off her suit so that they can see her face and she did.

“WHOA!!, she isn’t pretty”, a guy from my back said.

“She’s fat!!”, the other one added sligthly laughing.

I focus on the screen to wait for their decision. She’s not very attractive but her voice is. They can’t fail her, that’s the first thing that crosses my mind. The director permitted the minister to make the decision and it makes me more worried. The director seems to be amaze by her performance but the minister was not into her looks. I came up running as the decision has been made. I realize I was making my way to the audition room not really knowing the reason why? I stopped.

“What am I doing here?” I asked myself. Then she came out, I hid myself behind the wall not far from the side of the room. And I peek on the side to watch her. She was holding something on her right hand she knelt down and then kisses the picture. Did she perhaps have a boyfriend?

 

“Oppa, I am qualified”, she told the picture and begun jumping around. She was very happy, indeed. I smiled and went my way before she notices me there. I really don’t know whats the reason of running to that room but I’m glad to know that I’m going to have a wonderful schoolmate.