Lollipop

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

 

------>> PILSOOK P.O.V.

It's been 2 week since Jason starts practicing for the welcome ceremony and I secretly watched him from afar during class break. I don't want to disturb him or anything so I usually hid myself really well. I heard that he don't like audience during practices but I just can't help myself. Luckily I never get caught even once

As practice hours started, he usually arrives late, that makes Professor Shi really disappointed. I have no idea what's going with him because during the first week, he was really good but after a few days he keeps on missing up a step or two. He looks like he was preoccupied because he didn't take the practice seriously.

"This can't go on", Teacher Shi said as she turn off the sounds.

"What did I do?" Jason asked confused. He was already out of breath for he had been practicing for almost 3 hours. How I wished I can walk near him and gave him a bottle of water or maybe wipe his face.

"You can't perform solo. I'll be recommending you in a group"

"But…….."

"No buts, Jason. Don’t worry you'll be the one leading the group. I just can’t let you perform like this", She said and she pick up her things "I'll see you tomorrow" and she left the room. As she passed by me, I pretended to be reading something.

After a while, I look back at Jason. His expression was torn as he punches the wall beside him.

Poor Jason, he was really disappointed. He had been practicing real hard for his solo and now it vanished all of a sudden. He dashed out of the practice room, biting his lips; he didn't even notice me on the side. I hope his alright.

The next day as I arrive at school, I hurried to Jason's locker. I took a lollipop and a note in my bag and stick it and put it on Jason's locker. I hope it can get his spirits back. Later on, I hid under the stairs to make sure that he would receive it. 5 minutes passed and Jason came; his expression was still the same. He stopped in front of his locker and I think he had notice the candy, but unlike before, he didn't take it. He opened up the locker and put some books in it and went his way upstairs.

Maybe he didn't really notice it. I told myself. The whole day I was preoccupied by Jason. I really wonder what's wrong with him; he didn't even show up during practice. I didn't know how I manage to attend my guitar lesson while my mind is full of Jason. I'm definitely worried.

"Pil-sook", Jonghyun tap my shoulders and I jump up in surprise. He has been my teacher since Mr. Jang leave for Japan and I've been getting to know him really well. He is a talented guy with a very nice attitude. He doesn’t choose friends by appearance.

"What?" I mumbled in a weak tone.

"Argh, I've been lecturing here and you’re not even listening. What’s wrong with you", he put down the guitar.

"I'm sorry", I apologize.

"Get your focus", he demanded. "Are you hungry", he suddenly asked and I just shocked my head in response I'm definitely not in the mood for eating.

"Are you sick", he put his hand on my forehand and it was really warm. "You never say no to food"

I frowned "why, is it because I'm fat?"

"No, It's because since we became friends you always asked me to buy you food", he grinned he was still checking my temperature. Well, that's kind of true his guitar lesson gets me starving that's why he always treats me afterwards. "Are you not feeling good? You’re extremely cold right now", he said finally removing his hand.

"I'm fine", I told him. I was physically fine but emotionally worried sick.

"Let's end this lesson here. I'm taking you home", he said and started fixing his things.

"No, I'm really fine. You don't have to--"

"I insist", he pick up my bag and lead me to the door. He opens the door and I walked pouting, he really didn't need to do this.

We take a bus to Gwangdong, it was a 2hour silent ride. I sat near the window lost in space and I’m not really aware of what was happening with my surroundings until he suddenly shake me. We arrive at the stop. And we went off the bus, as we walked our way to my place he suddenly breaks the silent.

“Are you sure you’re ok?”

“Uhmm, I’m really fine”, I told him he should have believe me in the first place so that he don’t have to do this stuff.

“But you don’t seem to be fine”

“Maybe I was just a little tired from school”, I said as I stop in front of a sushi shop. “Here we are”, we stop in front of our sushi shop, and beside it was our warm little home. Home is probably empty this hour so we enter the shop. “I’m back”, I greeted. My mom was surprise with my sudden appearance.

“Pilsook why are you here this early? You still have a guitar lesson don’t tell me you ditched?” she said walking toward me, she is holding a bowl of soup.

“Hi, mom”, I gave him a peak on the cheeks.

“Uhmm Mrs. Kim”, Jonghyun interrupted my mother then turn around to face him. “I think your daughter was not in a good condition that’s why I decided to bring her home”

“And who are you?”

“ah, I forgot to introduce myself”, Jonghyun said as he scratch his head blushing.

“Let me do it”, I interrupted. “Mom, this is Jonghyun my new instructor, the one who took Mr. Jang place”, I inform her,

“Oh”, she smiles widely.”I didn’t know you got a charming professor”

Did I just hear mom said that Jonghyun was charming? It’s the first time she complemented a friend maybe because it’s the first time I brought a friend.

“Thank you”, he smile back “I'm also Pilsook's friend”, he added.

“Jeongmal? That’s great, I hope you’ll take care of my daughter”, she said as she flickered to look at me. Her smile never leave her face. I was glad that someone called mom from the counter that she had to leave us. I don’t know what’s she going to say next as she stare at Jonghyun like he saw a star fallen from heaven and they where even exchanging looks like they were talking with their eyes so that I can’t understand.

“Do you want to eat?” I asked.

“Maybe next time, I still need to go back to work”, I almost forgot he had left his work for me.

“Opps! Sorry about that”

“You don’t have to be sorry, it was my own decision but then I think you should go on and rest so that you can attend tomorrow. I really hate students who are not focus in their work”

I nodded “don’t worry I’ll try to be my best self tomorrow. Thanks for everything”, he bayed goodbye and I went up t my room. I crawled to my bed and cover myself with my sheet and fell asleep for awhile. I thought I’m going to forget my worry when I had fallen asleep. But I was wrong. How can I possibly forget, if he was always in my dream.

Ohhhhhh, am I crazy about him?

I was asleep for about an hour or two, I woke up as the smell of kimchi filed my room. I guess thinking about him also does make me hungry. I haven’t eaten since that morning I saw him maybe I need to get myself stuff with something good. I run down stairs, kimchi I’m coming. When I got down stairs I saw mom preparing the table, Dad hasn’t come back yet he had went to visit my grandma in Jeju island, It will take awhile to see him again. Miss his beans stew. I’m totally starving.

 “Pilsook”, mom look at my direction “Glad you’re already awake”

“Ne”, I answer as I sat down for a meal. I lost count on how many serving I got as I had enjoyed the food, it taste awesome. “madda!”

Mom continues to watch me and I’m feeling a little awkward. I got really anxious as mom continues to follow me; she stood beside me as I washed the dishes. I think she got something to say.

“Why?”, I decided to break the silence between us.

“Your professor seems nice”

“uhmm”,I nodded his definitely very nice.

“Is he the reason of your smile lately?”

I gulped “No?”

“What? It’s alright to tell me. I think he likes you”

“Mom, Jonghyun and I are just friends nothing special”, I clear and I was kind of sure of that Jonghyun just see me as a friend how come he possibly like me.

“If you say so but I’m telling you he might like you, you never know. By the way do you like him?”

“As friends, Yes”, I answer. He’s been a really good friend and a good mentor to me. I put the dish on the dish dryer, finally done. I look at my mom who was nodding her head; I wonder what’s going on with her.

“I’m going upstairs”, I informed her.

“Ne, call me if you want to open up or anything”, she teased.

“Mom!” I said stumping my feet.

“It’s been a while since I saw Kim Hyunjung picture in your room, have you got rid of it?”

I shocked my head, I never thought of getting rid of my beloved oppa..

“Alright I’ll keep quiet now. You go on and rest” and I headed to my room.

I sat on my bed and open the drawer beside it. A small notebook was inside; I took it and open the lock. I had already remove Kim Hyunjung oppa picture in the frame and keep it inside my old diary. He had frequently crossed my mind now a day. Mianhe, oppa. Jason has really taken over his place from my head and my heart. I took the picture frame beneath my pillow. Jason’s picture has already been placed there. I got his picture from his online accounts, put it together and placed it inside my favorite frame. I smile as I look at bought picture. They are the same in one thing they bought gave me smile. I like them bought, but I know Hyunjung oppa was just a dream that can never come true. He didn’t even know me. I saw him twice in his concert and I doubt the he remember a thing. And Jason was a much reachable dream because he was always just a few inches away yet he stills a dream.

The next day, as soon as I enter the school I headed to his locker already holding the lollipop that I’ll be giving to him. I hope he had taken the candy yesterday but I was just a few inches away, I saw it still stocked on his locker. Maybe he doesn’t really like me, sticking sweets on his locker. I continue to walked near it and discover something. I look at the candy I was holding and the candy on his locker. The ribbon of the candy on his locker was blue and the one I was holding was red the usual candy I gave him. The note attached to the candy was also change. My heart almost jumps out of my chest as I take a look at the candy. The small note said “thanks”, he is thanking me, and maybe he also likes sweet. I look around to see if anyone was watching and exchange the one I’m holding to the candy on his locker.

It really felt nice; I never thought his going to reply on my note. I was indeed very happy that I can't afford to eat the lollipop he had given me. I was thinking of preserving it for a while. As I enter my class everyone seems to notice me as they stare at me. What can possibly wrong. I look at my reflection on the glass wall by my side and saw that my face was almost torn with my smile. I need to do something about that. After class I hurried to the practice room to see if he was attending. I went to my usual position and waited.

“Excuse me”

Someone tap my shoulders so I look back, my heart almost stop as Jason was standing in front of me.  He smiles.

“Did you forget anything in the practice room?” he asked.

My mind went blank as my jaw dropped, even though I wanted to answer my voice won’t just come out.