The Guy Behind The Wall

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

****

“Good job”, everyone greeted as soon as we step down the stage. I was pretty satisfied with my performance as I truly enjoy being on stage.

After the changing back in my uniform, I went my way to the auditorium to have a good view with the other performance.

“Jason!” my classmates in the dance class called me to sit with them so I don’t find any trouble in looking for a sit.

“You did a great job”, everyone told me with a big smile on their face and I was glad they had like my performance. I smile at few photographers who were taking pictures and then I felt something is missing. I look around to see everyone in the group as I felt someone was missing in the class. Did she perhaps ditch the ceremony? Maybe she was disappointed for not being chosen to perform; I remember that I caught her raising her hand to volunteer for a solo performance but she wasn’t given a chance.

“Hey, Jayson are you looking for someone?” Park Do Joon asked. He was holding his phone as usual ready to update every student on what is happening in the campus. He was the one you should avoid if you don’t want rumors.

 “Ani”, I answer back with a slight smile.

“Oh, I thought you’re looking for the 3 special students like those people online”

“Eh? Are they already here? Who are they?” I turn to look for them.

“Yes, the two are already here. Well we already know the girl who was an ex-friend of Baek Hee”, I can sense hatred in his tune. Well, it seems that there are only a very few people who like Hyemi because of her sour attitude but I wasn’t surprise of her being one of the special students chosen but the guy with her surprise me even more.

“That was the guy who messes up with the audition, right?” I was sure I had seen him somewhere.

“Yeah, the one who made a fuss. I wonder how he got in here”

“Where is the third person?” I once again asked as I notice that there was a vacant chair beside them.

“Oh, he hasn’t arrived yet. I heard his from a far province that’s why he didn’t even show up in the audition. Well, he didn’t even have to audition. Urgh— how lucky”, his phone started to vibrate so he turns back his attention to it.

I glance back in their direction they were sitting beside professor Kang. Oh, he was a talk in the faculty for not being an effective teacher but he was personally chosen by the CEO to handle the special students. Hyemi was sitting on his side beside her was the tall guy, woah— he was also the guy who watch me dance on the hall way if I’m not mistaken. I didn’t know he had auditioned as well after he made a seen in the audition. The three seems to be tense as they glance at the clock and then at the wide open door. I guess there fate depends on the 3rd person’s arrival, those that person intended to come.  Time is ticking, and if he doesn’t make it, neither will they. It is sure a tense situation for them. Well, I just wished them luck.

“Jason!” someone whispered, I look back.

“Teacher Shi is looking for you she was saying something about a cd”

“Oh, I left it in the practice room. Should I get it?”

“Well, I guess so. She’s losing her temper once again”

I smirked “Handle her for awhile, I’ll be right back”

“Fine, but be sure to hurry or we’re both dead”

“Don’t worry”, I laughed as I tap his shoulders and went my way out.

I run to the building, as I was getting nearer to the practice room I heard the piano being played then she begun to sing. I continue my way but stop beside the door. I leaned on the wall as I continue to listen. Her voice was definitely mesmerizing and the song sure was very touching. I can feel the feeling on every word she uttered.

Beautiful!

That’s the word to describe it. As I was in the middle of getting carried away from reality my phone suddenly rings. The music stops.

Damn, I forgot about the cd. I scratch my head. Fool!

“Who is there?” She asked.

I gulp, should I step out or maybe I can ran back to hide. My heart beats fast as I was arguing with myself. Why should I be afraid? So I decided to step out, I also wanted to know the owner of the beautiful voice though I knew it sounds familiar.

“Jason!” Pilsook eyes widened.

“Sorry if I had disturbed your practice. I just came to get the cd. Am can I— come in?"

She nods.

I smile as a reply and went to the table near the window. There it was untouched, I immediately took it.

“That was beautiful”, I said.

“Eh?” I turn around so that I can look at her.

“Your song it was beautiful, I didn’t know you can play the piano so well”

“Thank you, well I took a piano lesson when I was little”

“I see”, I pause I was hesitating to ask her something but then there is no harm trying. “Pilsook”

“nae?”

“Do you mind playing the piano for me in my practice? You see I’m not really that good, maybe you can help me out”

“I—”, she paused for a moment “Would love to”, she smile back.

“Well then I’ll see you later”, I can feel that smile widened with that reply of hers but I wasn't really sure, oh well.

“Nae”, she nods.

“I’ll be going now.  They already need this”, I said as I show up the cd I was holding. “Why don’t you watch the performance as well”, I try to ask her.

“err— thanks but I prefer to stay here”, she reply.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes”

“O.k. then”, I smile once again and went out.

I hurried back to the auditorium running; I was almost out of breath when I get there.

“Jason, what took you so long?”

“Here, sorry about that”, I handed him the cd.

“Well, you sure did bring me a lot of trouble. But I think we won’t need this anymore”

“Huh?” I just thought the cd was an important matter for it is a part of the last two added performance.

“The special class students save us”

“What do you mean?” I got more confused.

“They can’t really do anything the press, visitors and our professor was really disappointed that’s why the ceremony is ending earlier than expected”, he explains.

“Oh then I should have taken my time”, I sighed disappointed.

“Taking your time?”

“Nothing”, I waved at him and walked my way to see what is happening on the stage though he followed me  to the auditorium. Hye mi was standing alone at the stage as the cameras where taking picture she look pale and pissed.

What could have happen while I was gone?

 “Hey who is the third special class student, did he left already?” I asked the student on the side.

“Eh, where were you? The third guy never came and the second guy just walk out after the camera’s had taken their picture. He might think it was just a pictorial. Dammit! How could they be chosen by the director there must be some mistake” he said sounding annoyed. Most of the new admitted students are annoyed with the students handpicked by the director.

Mistake? I don’t think so it feels like the director has seen something in those three that’s why he chooses them. But those three should prove that they worth it after being pick and what’s with the third person not even showing up. Like he wasn’t interested being admitted in a prestigious school likes Kirin High, don’t they give importance to the welcome ceremony? Hmm, I’m also starting to get pissed but this is not my business I won't mind them but I won’t let them surpass me or something.

"Aw, poor thing", the guy with me said. I look at him as he was shaking his head. "You know I find Hyemi pretty", he whispered. I smirked as he was talking about how he find Hyemi attractive, that is when an idea came up on my mind. I grab the cd from his hand. He turn to me surprise.

"you don’t need this, right?" I try to clarify things first.

He nods.

"Then I'll be returning this back to the place where I got it", I smiled playfully.

"Wae, you don’t—”

I didn’t need to finish his sentence as I went my way back to the practice. I actually run my way there as soon as I was out of the auditorium. When I was almost a few steps near, I stop to calm my breathing and finally took my step forward. I peek beside the door before entering. 

eh?

I enter the practice room and look around but she was nowhere to be found. I shocked my head. I put the cd back to its place and decided to have a walk inside the building but there was no student in sight. As I walked past the locker I notice something drop from one of the locker. I walk near to look at it. It was a small piece of a sticky note, so I pick it up. I look to see which locker it comes from and realize that it was mine. I smiled as I took the lollipop from my locker and read the note. I still got the daily supply of sweets and I think I started having a sweet tooth as well. This is something I look forward everyday maybe because I find it cute..^^

I wonder where this things comes from.