♪♫ Norebang ♪♫

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

 

Pilsook P.O.V

 

I can hear screeching tires inside my head as those words come out from his mouth. I place my hand over my chest feeling my heart that was beating really fast as I think about it.Jason said he want to sing with me. He said that he was taken with my voice.

 

KYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I was wiggling my body from too much giddiness when I caught Hyemi staring at me beside the door. I stop wiggling and smile at her as I was caught off guard. She might think I lost my mind catching me in that state.

 

“Oh, you’re here already”, I said shyly as I started fidgeting with my fingers embarrassed.

 

“Neh”, she answers as she places her bag on her chair and turn to look at me. “You seem to be in a good mood, waeyo?”

 

“ah, that”, I can feel my cheeks getting warmer. I’m sure I’m gonna spazz more telling her my story.

 

I started my story with me almost dropping out of school and she shakes me like crazy as her eyes widen on me.

 

“Yah! You cannot live this school or else you’re dead. What were you thinking”, she said real pissed about it.

 

“Mianhae”, I softly mumble “don’t worry that won’t happen again”, and so I began my story about Jason with lots of spazz and bouncing on my sit feeling really giddy.

 

“Not bad”, my face fell hearing Hyemi’s reaction about it. I was hoping she’s going to spazz with me like all other girl friends did when they talk about their crushes. Ah, yeah I almost forget Hyemi is not just like ordinary girl, she won’t go spazzing for such stuff. I wonder if she already felt something similar to what I’m feeling right now.

 

“Where are the guys and Mr. Kang they seem to be pretty late?” I then asked as I notice my watch. It’s already 30 minutes since the schedule time of the class and yet Hyemi and I are the only one inside the room. Hmmm, maybe they also got disappointed with the announcement about the showcase. I can’t blame them, who wouldn’t be disappointed if we the top scorers during the exam weren’t able to perform just because the director hates us. I sigh, this is really frustrating but I cannot give up just because of that. I got a better reason to fight and stay in this school.

 

“Don’t worry they weren’t planning on backing out or dropping out of school”, Hyemi said cutting me from my thoughts. “You’re the only one that came up with that idea”

 

I bite my lower lips feeling really embarrassed how come I become that weak just because someone is trying to bring us down. I also need to learn how to fight. Yup, Pilsook would be fighting from now on, I told myself as my hand curl into a fist.

 

“Mr. Kang said he’ll just drop by somewhere, Jingook—”, she paused and stares at her hand on the table. “He went off early. We don’t know where he went”

 

“Is Jingook ok, he must really felt bad about the showcase?”

 

“I guess he just need some time alone”

 

“ah, I see. How about Samdong-ah”

 

Upon hearing Samdong’s name a small smile form on her lips. “His preparing for our showcase, he’ll be here soon”

 

“Our showcase?!?”  I asked in shocked as I wasn’t sure if I heard it right.

 

“Nae, our showcase, you should hear it from him”

 

 

 

 

My eyes widen as my mouth gap open as I heard the plan. Samdong was sitting in front of me as Hyemi is on my right side both staring at me waiting for my response. I look at both of them back and forth as I try to think truly. We were already dropped off the showcase and we were all disappointed about it and having our own showcase sounds really good to me but, that means where going to lie to those people important to us… our parents.

 

“So?” Samdong asked looking at me hopefully and I bite my lower lips trying to weigh everything. “Don’t worry if you don’t want to—“

 

“No, I want to help”, I cut him off. I already told myself that I’m gonna fight, I’m going to prove them that I belong to this school that I got something to showcase the audience. Yes, I might be lying to my parents about me being part of the showcase but I know they’ll understand once I make them proud on the stage. I’ll make sure I’ll make them proud so that they won’t think that decision of allowing me to go in Kirin is wrong. I’m gonna prove myself to everyone who’s going to see our fake showcase and most importantly I want to prove to myself that there is a possibility of me standing in a real stage. I want to try to stand and perform on the stage.

 

 “You can count me in”, I said assuring them as I made up my mind.

 

 

 

Jason’s POV

 

I focus on myself on the mirror in front of me as I do swift moves trying to differ it with those steps I made the last performance. I was immersed in practicing all by myself when my music suddenly stops and I turn around irritated.

 

“Who is it?” I asked annoyed. “Oh”, I bowed down realizing who just entered “ annyeonghaseyo”. Prof. Shi looks at me not really happy of what she is seeing. She was assigned to look after the performance for the showcase and she especially put her attention on our act. Well. I can’t blame her if she gets angry since I’ve been skipping my practices.

 

“Shouldn’t you be practicing with Ri-ah”, she said walking toward my direction eyes focus on me. “Ri-Ah.. this kid still uses unison to sing in the chorus”

 

Well, I’m not really surprise about that. She always has difficulty in signing on her own. Talent isn’t acquire by just having a beautiful face and rich family, right?Plus,  she’s already famous I bet she doesn’t really need to sing to get signed cause she already will be chosen even just by standing on the stage. What’s the thrill with that, she doesn’t even need to work hard at all.

 

“Teacher, can’t I perform by myself? Otherwise let me change my partner”

 

“Why? I think both of you are well suited together”

 

“I don’t think its interesting”, I said shrugging my shoulders. “Teacher, you would understand me right? If I’m not interested, others will notice right away”, I told her since I want to make it clear that I had no plans in performing with Ri-ah.

 

I thought she would understand as she was always the teacher who’s guiding me in every performance that I had. She should know me better than other people, but I was wrong.

 

“Do you think that you go on stage just because it’s interesting?" the small smile of hope in my lips suddenly faded as I look at her dark orbs. Her face all serious and scary “If this just the way you think, you should hurry and give up now”

 

I was speechless.

 

“Number one. I think you are more stupid than I have imagined”, I look up at her.

 

Huh! Me STUPID???

 

This witch just called me stupid in my face. I try to stop my hand from trembling on my side.

 

“You should be thanking Ri-ah”, I look away trying to calm down.

 

Jason, you don’t hear anything. You do not hear a word.

 

“You can’t go onstage by yourself anyway. You have some potential, but you won’t be able to captivate the audience", she continues as she walks around me.“So for people like you, what do you really need?” she stops as she looks back at me with that evil smirk on her face that I just want to wipe off right now.

 

"What you need is to be able to attract the audience, just like Ri-ah", and I just roll my eyes hearing that name again. I think I’m already sick of it. Why they do always shove her in my throat.

 

"Therefore you just need to follow Ri-ah", she walks toward me and grab my coat as she begun straightening it. "When the camera is facing Lee Ri-ah, you should take the opportunity as well. If you really had talent you should be able to captivate the audience", I bowed down still controlling myself from snapping on the evil witch in front of me. I was about to leave but stop as I hear her voice again.

 

"If you really want to follow your interest and sing, go to the KTV instead", and another insult came out from her evil mouth.

 

I curse under my breath as I walk out the room fuming. I feel like I has been cut out into size and my fist is already trembling due to irritation, I can no longer hold it back, so I stop and release it on my locker pounding its door as her words stock inside my head.

 

She just makes me feel low telling me I wasn't good enough to be on my own. And I should be thankful to Ri-ah since I'll be standing beside her and I might get notice if someone photographing her. Damn, is she telling me that my career depends on that girl? 

 

Another punch landed on my locker as my blood is boiling for too much anger. She spells it out plainly, that skills and talent come after notoriety, and the noraebang thing..

 

ARGH!!!!



I was about to head outside but stop as I saw a figure beside the stairs and I somehow felt relieve like the anger has been wash off as an idea pop inside my head.

 

"Hey, Miss Sushi"

 

---

 

Pilsook's Pov

 

"Hey, miss sushi", I was frozen on my spot as I heard Jason calls me. I was biting the lollipop wrapper as I embrace my doll tighter.

 

Shocks! Did I just got caught or his going to throw his anger on me? I really had no idea what's going on, but after witnessing the scene earlier I know he wasn't in a good mood.

 

Earlier I was just on my daily lollipop delivery now I'm ducking beside the stairs to hide myself and got caught.

 

"Huh?" I answer not turning afraid that his going to scold me or something.

 

"Are you free right now?" I slowly turn my head toward him unsure if I heard him right or if he was really there. His face seems to be calmer than earlier, yet I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating. Did Jason really asked me if I was free? Is he asking me out? Is this for real?

 

And that question has been answered a few minute later..

 

I was watching Jason's back as I walked behind him on the street. I wonder what's up with him asking me to a noraebang at this time of day. Why does he suddenly feel like singing with me when earlier he was totally in a bad mood?

 

Why is Jason still handsome even though his not facing me?

 

I was busy admiring his back from afar when he suddenly stop and so did I, a few inches away from him. I had no clue why he suddenly stop when were not even near in any ktv bar. Omoo, did he perhaps change his mind since I was pretty boring. I haven’t even given him a single word since we step out of the school. Did I just ruin this?

 

I was busy formulating questions and answer in my head when Jason suddenly turns to look at me. My brain stops working. I watch him not knowing what to do or whether if I did something wrong. He looks at me curiously and with a slight smile he went back for me.

 

“Am I walking too fast?” he suddenly asked and I shake my head in response. He wasn’t the one walking to fast it was me walking to slow to watch him from afar, like I used to. He smiles “Then let’s go”

 

Heat crawls fast toward my cheeks as I can feel an unfamiliar tingling feeling inside my stomach. I pressed my mouth together to surpass the smile and giddiness that is about to make its way out. We were walking side by side and I admit that I can't help myself stealing glances at him. How a beautiful person like him allow me to walk right next to him?

 

We reach the noraebang a few minutes later and I notice that his face once again falls as he stays silent eyes roaming on the place.

 

Is it his first time here?

 

"Is there something wrong?" I suddenly asked.

 

"Ani", he smiles at me and begun picking up a song. He stands up in front of me as I was sitting on the sofa on the side with the song book on my hand. 

 

He begun the song and I started rocking my body back and forth as my eyes never leave him. He was singing his self out. Engross with his performance, he then started taking off his coat making my mouth slightly drops open.

 

Omoo! is he going to strip?

 

He throws his coat toward the sofa where I was sitting and I happily catch it bringing it near my face with a smile as I inhale his scent.

 

After his performance he approach me with a smile. "Sing for me", he then said his eyes piercing mine. He place his hand on top of mine handing me the mic. "Please", he added that one up making me speechless as my cheeks felt warm.

 

I breathe in and out feeling nervous, it's not the first time I'll be singing in front of him but it felt like it. My palms start to sweat until the song start to play, and I just let myself drift with the song my eyes not leaving his.

 

 Don't you know that I want to be more than just your friend
Holding hands is fine
But I've got better things on my mind
You know it could happen
If you'd only see me in a different light
Baby when we finally get together
You will see that I was right

Say you love me
You know that it could be nice
If you'd only say you love me
Don't treat me like I was ice

Oh please love me
I'll be yours and you'll be mine
And if you'd only say you love me baby
Things would really work out fine
And if you'd only say you love me darling
Things would really work out fine

 

Jason was staring at me the whole song that I could no longer hear my voice as the beating inside my chest grows louder. “Wow~” he said as he claps his hand after I finished the song and he walks his way toward me. I smile as my cheeks got hotter as he inches his face toward me. "Let's sing together", he then suggested.

 

From the silent moody atmosphere awhile ago, the room became wild and lively as we sing our lungs out to popular songs with matching dance step. I can't help laughing as I realize that he really got all steps memorize and start dancing crazy. We look like we already lost our head or have taken a lot of alcohol in our body as we sing and dance like where high to every song.

 

Jason gaves me a high five as we finally finished the song 'Love is a two letter word" and that's when exhaustion finds me.

 

"Yah yah yah", Jason called out behind me as he sits next to me on the table. "Let's stay here for another hour"

 

"Uh?" I look at my watch and realize that I already spend an hour and a half with Jason and that somehow makes me happy. But then..

 

"That... I think I can't" I told him apologetically. “I have an important appointment"

 

"Really? What appointment?" he looks at me with a pout.

 

Kyahh! Jason, please don’t do that. It's lethal I might die from your cuteness.

 

I'm guilty already of not wanting to leave but I try to push those thoughts aside.

 


"A really really important appointment", I told him. I really don't want to go but I'll already give my word to Hyemi and Samdong.

 

"Where? I'll take you there", he stood up immediately making me bounce to my sit startle.

 

"No, you can’t", I crossed my arms above my head imitating a cross. "Um.. I can go by myself, it's not that far"

 

I couldn't possibly let him tag along or else we might got in trouble. It's not that I don't trust Jason or something because if it's about that I admit that I trust him with all my heart and soul. I trust him, but the others might not. I do want to cause trouble.

 

I immediately walk toward the stall where our bags hang. I took mine off and slang it on my shoulders.

 

"I'll be going by myself", I told him and was about to head out when Jason blocks my way. I look up at him and our eyes instantly met.

 


"The more you're being like this, the more I want to take you there", I diverted my gaze away swallowing a lump in my throat as my heart throbs fast inside my chest. He slowly leans down to my eye level making my heart double its pace.

 

"Where exactly are you going?"

 

I close my eyes and block his nearing face with my hand clasp together as I bowed my head.

 

"Please don't ask anymore, I beg you", his torturing me but I can't let him know our super-secret showcase.I heard him smack his lips and so I took a peek. He doesn’t look happy but atleast glinst of curiosity in his eyes were gone.

 

"Alright, I understand. Take care", and so he gave me way.

 

"gomawo", I bowed to thank him feeling relieve. "I had fun today", I told him a big smile.

 

He smiles back "me too" and waves goodbye.

 

---

 

Pilsook heavy a sigh on the stairs, she can feel her feet getting heavy since she doesn’t really want to leave.

 

"Practice is more important. Fine, I'll go and practice", and she started to step down the stairs but once stops.

 

"No. No. This isn't right", she started bouncing having moment of crisis. "This is once-in-a-lifetime opportunity", she look up the stairs where she came from and the look at her doll. "This opportunity was given by God", she gave it a nod and retracted her step back.

 

"AHH~", she leans on the wall feeling frustrated on the battle happening inside her. "But practice is still more important. Everyone is waiting for me", she once again step down "Practice...Jason", she wimps walking up again "Jason..."her knees bended "Ah, what should I do?", she turns around "Practice!!!", She started beating her head with the doll, cries and went up and down about ten times. Debating between her professionalism: practice is important; and the chance of a lifetime.. She sat down feeling torn.

 

On the other hand Jason sit alone as the music plays. He sigh as he let go of the mic on his hands.

 

“This is no longer fun”, he said looking at the empty space beside him. He shook his head and stand up; he might as well go home than sing alone. He was already stepping down on the stairs when he saw a familiar figure sitting on the steps. He stop to make sure and a smile curve on his lips as he saw Kim Pilsook hasn’t leave yet. He watch her for a moment as she seems to be uneasy with something.

 

"Practice", she finally decided and stood up from where she was sitting.

 

PRACTICE??

 

And once again curiosity hit him and so he decided to trail after her with the biggest smile form on his lips. Jason peeks on the practice room with a smile as he saw the figures sitting in the corner.

 

"This is where the real stuff is"

 

 

~♥♥♥~