Change of Mind

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

Pilsook's POV

 

"I'm home", I said as I enter the house with a heavy heart. How am I going to tell my parents that I'm no longer participaing in the showcase. How could I break their hopes of seeing me performing on stage. I don't want them to feel the same way I'm feeling right now. I don't want to see them disspointed.

 

I sigh as I took of my shoes off and headed straight to the living room where I heard my fathers voice.

 

"Aunty!" my eyes almost bulge out of its socket as I stare at the gorgeous women wearing fur coat , red dress with matching red shiny killer heels sitting on our sofa.

 

"Pilsook is that you?" she stood up looking at me with wide eyes. "Aigoo, what happen to this child", she said as she inspect me from head to toe, back to front and even try to touch my hair but then pull off looking disgust.

 

"Dear you look—“

 

"Hyo Rin", my father cut her off before she can finish.

 

"why the hell did you left your daughter in the kitchen", she said shaking her head before turning back to me “You should think about your health. Eating is not always heathy and pretty by the way"

 

I just looked at her with wide eyes not knowing how to response.

 

“May I ask in what school are you in, my dear?”

 

“I’m currently in Kirin”, I answer with head bow down as I fidgeted with my fingers at the back.

 

“Ki—Kirin?” she repeated with a chuckle before turning to my dad. “You let her enter an art school? I really don’t know what’s running inside you head brother, letting your only daughter in that school. As if she’s going to be famous or something. Look at her”, she once again turn to me “She isn’t suited in that business”

 

“HYORIN!!!!” my father’s voice echoed inside the room making her sister stop.

 

My body became stiff as I heard those words from her. I feel my stomach tightens as my eyes start to become misty. I knew most of the people don’t really believe me but then hearing those remarks from a family member whom I look up the most, make it more painful to bear.

 

 My aunt was a famous top model in Korea who is now currently having her own brand of clothes. She really makes a big way into the industry because of her pretty face and perfect figure that’s why people always look up at her and so am I. She was one of my idol as I can see how dedicated and hard working she is toward her work that’s why I dream of being like her someday. Being one of the best and someone one who people will look up with respect.

 

 

“you should have went to a culinary school instead. You got a better future there”, she then said patting my heavy shoulders.

 

“Hyorin, can you please—”, I heard my father said for the last time.

 

"Fine!!" my aunt said rolling her eyes.

 

“Pilsook you go upstairs I’ll just call you down for dinner”, my mother then said.

 

“Nae”, I answer lifelessly as I bowed down and headed to my room.

 

My bag drop down on the floor as I lean behind the door. The tears that I was fighting back a moment ago has already won as it stained my chubby cheeks.

 

I sat down on my bed as I wipe those tears with the back of my hand and look at my refection on the mirror. Because of this appearance no one seems to believe me, I sigh. Until now, why can't I step on the stage beside everyone else?

 

'Why can't I stand side by side with him?'

 

Tears once again start dropping as I remember those times during grade school. I was part of the school choir but then due to me being an oversize student I never once step on the stage whenever thay had a performance.

 

‘You’ll just consume a lot of space there’, I remember one of the members told me. That’s why I used to sing at the backstage hidden from the audience in front and not once they knew that I was there. Those times though it was painful, I try to bear it cause everytime the song ended and I heard their applause the pain somehow goes away as I imagine myself standing in front of them. I believe that those applauses also belong to me,I always believe that.

 

‘but then what if I was wrong?’

 

What if they were right all along? Maybe that’s why I haven’t got a chance to step up on stage is because I don’t really belongs there. What if the path that I’m taking doesn’t really belong to me? What if I already stop chasing the dream that is always getting further away from me? What if—

 

….I gave up.

 

~~

 

 

 

Jason’s POV
 

I was lying upside down on the sofa with my head almost touching the floor lost in thought.

 

'how could I possibly cheer her up?' I shook my head having no idea what to do. I really didn’t like the sight I saw earlier.

 

"yah! something wrong?" Nick asked as he sat down roughly beside me. He was murmuring something to himself as he giving me that creepy looks.

 

I try to ignore him as much as possible since I’m busy of thinking of something else. I’m sure there is something I can possibly do to cheer her up. But I wonder what it is.

 

"Did you and Ri-ah fought?"

 

"what?!?" I flip over taken aback on what just come out of his lips.

 

"What your face, kiddo", he said looking at me with squinted eyes as I sat down on the floor.

 

"What the hell are you talking about?"

 

"Tsk, are you really going to deny it?" he look away pissed "Yah! The news has already reached me"

 

'news? Oh, he must heard about me and Ri-ah getting into the showcase'

 

"Then shouldn't you be happy for me?"

 

"Yeah, right", he once again look at me "I'm really disappointed with you"

 

"eh?" now I'm really lost.

 

"Yah! I thought we're best friend here why do I have to hear the news from others. You should at least told me that you like that girl"

 

"What are you talking about? I just wanted to cheer her up... Pilsook and I are just friends it's nothing like that", I look away scratching the back of my head as heat crawl up on my cheeks and I don’t know why the side of my lips twitch upward as I say her name.

 

"Pilsook?" he look at me with wide eyes "who is she?"

 

"eh? arent you talking about her?"

 

"I thought were talking about Ri-ah"

 

"What? Seriously are you out of your mind?”

 

"Hohoho looks who’s talking”

 

I look away not knowing how to answer. How did my conversation end up this way? I guess I was pretty pre occupied thinking of a way to cheer her up that my head got all messy.

 

“Are you and that girl— Pilsook, dating?" he asked teasingly.

 

"anio!!!”

 

"Really?”

 

"We're not"

 

"But I guess you like her"

 

"I didn't say that"

 

"whatever", he rolled his eyes at me and I was glad he drop the subject. I just don’t know how to explain it to him. Well, Pilsook did help me somehow accopanying with her piano during the times that were still in the same class and somehow i think I got found of her. I think she started to become someone important, just like a friend.

 

Yeah, that's right. she's a friend that's why I'm concern about her. Friends should watch out for each other, right?

 

"Yah! why are you smilling all by yourself?" Nick then said after a pillow hit me on the face.

 

*note to self: get this guy out of my friendlist

 

~~

 

The next day....

 

Pilsook stop infront of the school looking at it's entrance with her puffy eyes. She sighed heavily as she took a step inside. She already brought the dropping form she had printed right now after thinking about it the whole night. Due to the announcement done the other day, Pilsook's dream has already been crashed. That's why she thought that she might as well dropped out and look for another means of life if neither this school or anyone will believe her skills.

 

 

~~



Jason's POV

 

I pause as I finally saw her approaching, hands trembling. I walk near the door and open it up for her.

 

"Thank you", she said with a nod and walked past me. I watch her silently when she suddenly stops, dropping her hand that was holding a piece of paper.

 

'A dropping form?'

 

"Excuse me?" she suddenly turn around looking at me, "Is this just a courtesy?"

 

"Uhmm?" I asked having no idea as I was still curious why she was holding that stuff.

 

"Opening the door for me... is this just a courtesy?"

 

I nod in response and I saw something flicker in her eyes before she murmur something meekly and look down.

 

"Thank you. See you again", she then said and turns away.

 

 

'did I say something wrong?'

 

 

I can't understand why my heart start to feel burden as I watch her go. I was walking back and forth in the corridor not knowing what to do or why did she decided to drop out. Student who passed by me look at me weirdly as I shook my head every now and then.

 

“Something bothering you, bro?” a hand then landed on my shoulders and I turn around to only see Il woo hyung looking at me with his eyebrow creasing.

 

“Nah, what would bother me?” I said with a smirk as I shrug his hands off.

 

“I just thought you were bother about the Jason Ri-ah duet. We both know the girl can’t sing but still she’s famous so it won’t be that bad”

 

“Tsk”, I just rolled my eyes on him. Ri-ah despite her beautiful looks is definetly not into singing but that’s not something for me to be bothered about cause I had no plan singing with her, anyways.

 

“Just get into the flow and you’ll be famous in no time”, he then said patting my shoulders and walk away.

 

Who said I’m going to use people to get famous? That hyung is really someone who likes to irritate me. I turn the volume up of my player and ignore everyone as much as possible as I walked toward my locker. I put back the things I don’t need including the headphones I was using since I cant bring it to the lecture.

 

I close the door of my locker and grab the lollipop attach on it as my meeting earlier with Pilsook once again crossed my mind. This candy once cheer me up when I was feeling really bad.

 

‘I hope I can also cheer her up’

 

As soon as I let the lollipop down, the sight of her cleaning her locker makes me stop for a second.

 

'This shouldn't be happening’

 

I walked over to her direction as soon as I made up my mind. I couldn’t possibly let her go like this, I wont.

 

"Pilsook, are you dropping out of school?" I asked with the most calming voice I can produce.

 

"Uhmm", she answers with a nod not even bother to look up.

 

'You can’t'

 

"Why?" I then asked.

 

"Seems like I'm not fit to be here"

 

'that's definetly a lie. If someone will fits this school better, it's you'

 

"That’s a pity"

 

She finally stops and looks at me "what?"

 

"I wanted to sing with you on stage", and so I finally let it out. I hope it won’t drive her away though.

 

"Wi—with me", she stutter, "why?"

 

A smile immediately forms on my lips as I saw her reaction as once again her face lighten up. This what i'm like seeing that innocent face of her.

 

"Because I like how you sang from that day, during the interview. When you sang while wearing a sushi costume, I was captivated with your voice"¸I feel my heart pounding inside my chest as I let it all out. I somehow felt a little embarassed since it was the first time I admitted it to her not bothered by the consequence that might come next.

 

She won't stay away from me, right?

 

She stare at me with wide eyes and I wonder what she's thinking.And I was silently hoping that she's thinking of staying when she suddenly gasp and went on running away.

 

"Yah! where are you going?" I called out reaching for her but she was already out. I'm not done talking yet I haven’t convince her to stay. I—

 

 

eotteokhae? did I say something wrong again? I just wanna slap my face right now.

 

~o0o~

 

A/N:

annyeaonghaseyo!!! long time no see fellas..

I did took months for the update right? OTL

jeseohabnida... m(_ _)m

This fanfic is somehow complicated yet very dear to me..

you see I need to rewatch the drama again and get inside the character heads all the time..

so I need to be very very carefull in making the fic.

one reason why updates took long.

the other one is a vey busy schedule that's why I'm always asking for your patient..

I'm truly gratefull to those people who hadn't given up this fic yet.. TT^TT

jeongmal kamsahabnida..(^^)//

It's already quiet late so I gotta go now..

see yah on the next update..