It Hasn't End Yet

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

 

Pilsook's POV 

It took me a lot of courage to pull that confession but unluckily I failed. I read his actions all wrong he was just being polite, being nice to me like he is with everyone else. He even rejected me, graciously he can pull off yet it still hurts. 

 

I feel like cold water was thrown at me freezing my brain from functioning right as I bump on some students on my way out. 

 

That night I let myself be drowned in my misery crying myself to sleep. I didn't know it'll hurt this much to be rejected by the person you like. I thought I was already used for being rejected. I've been rejected so many times in my life that I thought that I'll be able to handle this sort of thing but I was wrong. 

 

The next day I thought I will feel better after crying all night long but once again I was wrong. I was greeted with my reflection in the mirror that was placed in the right corner of my room. Puffy cheeks, swollen eyes, messy hair, and overweight body. 

 

Yeah! Who would like someone like me? How stupid am I to believe that someone like Jason would even dare to like someone like me. They were all right I am a fool living in my delusional world. 

 

I close my eyes and take in a deep breath looking away from my reflection. Looking at my pathetic state right now would just put me down and I don't need that. I don't want my parents to worry about me. This is just a heartache I'll get over this, I told myself making up my mind. I need to get over this and just focus on my studies. 

 

"That's right, Pilsook you need to move forward", I told myself trying to become positive. 

 

Thank goodness it's weekend I don't have to face him today and the next day. I can get myself ready before I go back to school. I wonder how will I be able to face him after what happened it so embarrassing. 

After battling with myself for a moment I decided to skip breakfast and went out for a run to clear my head from all the negative thoughts that had to enter it since yesterday. I shouldn't be mad or disappointed at Jason cause it wasn't his fault it was entirely mine believing in my fantasy. 

 

"Arghhhhh!!!" I shook my head annoyed stomping my feet in the process. I should stop thinking about him why does he always pop out inside my head its annoying. 

 

With my head full of Jason I trip on something and almost lose balance luckily a strong hand supported me on the side. 

 

"Ah, miss are you alright?" I glance at my right side and was a surprise to see a familiar face. 

 

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you", I then said steadying myself. 

 

"Ohhh! I think I knew you", the guy said flashing me a friendly smile. 

I wanted to say the same, I knew I saw him somewhere but I can't seem to recall. His handsome face looks familiar like he is someone who just came out in a manga and anime series and his blonde hair is dazzling with the sunlight hitting it perfectly showing his hair highlights. 

 

"Oh!. You're the one who sang in the phone commercial I was cast in with Ri-ah, right?" 

 

"Oh!" I pointed at him, surprised at it finally hits me. He is right! He is the guy from the commercial who is also Jason's friend. "You're that guy" 

 

"That guy?" he chuckles hearing my remark "Ah right I haven't introduced myself to you back then I'm Nickhun, You're Kim Pilsook, right?" he looks so happy and proud upon remembering my name. 

 

"Yes", while I was left speechless how did he even know my name? 

"It's nice to see you again. It such a shame I wasn't able to talk to you back then since you immediately left after the recording", he said looking regretful. I wonder why he wants to talk to me. "You did a good job back there. Just amazing!", he then said flashing his smile once again. 

 

Looking at him I realize how handsome he is with his smile reaching his eyes. It looks really genuine and really pleasing and somehow a little more boyish compared to Jason's charming innocent smile.

 

"Uh hmmm", he waves his hands in front of my face trying to grab my attention back as it seems like I'm dozing off trying to remember how Jason smiles at me. Ahhh!! Meeting his friend makes me think of him even more. 

 

"Are you alright?" 

 

"Yeah! I'm fine. I'm just a bit surprised that I meet you here" and it was true. Who would think I meet Jason's friend in my neighborhood. 

 

"Ahh I'm working part-time at the grocery store just nearby" 

 

"Eh really? But you're a model aren't you?" 

 

"Ah yeah! I'm also a part-time model", he said laughing as he looks away shyly. 

 

I look at him astonished with that face he can work a full-time model or even get himself into a nice company. I wonder why he chooses to do part-time jobs instead of becoming a full-time model or maybe an actor or an idol maybe. 

 

"Ah, right today is the day when our commercial will be aired you better watch it, okay?" 

 

"Yes, I will" 

 

"Okay, I gotta go now. I still need to feed a friend. It's really nice meeting you again", he said all smile as he said goodbye. 

 

"Yeah! nice meeting you too", I answer back as I watched him walk past me but then he stops and looks back. 

 

"Just wanna say that you have a very amazing voice. I'm a fan", he then said and gave me thumbs up. "Goodluck with school bye", he said waving and went ahead. 

 

I was standing there on the same spot still processing what just happen. Did Jason's friend just compliment me? 

 

Coming up with the conclusion that Jason's friend is just as nice and polite as him I finally decided to went back and help with the shop. I went inside the shop and was about to call my parents to tell them I'm back but I hesitate as I saw them sitting in front of the TV with their camera on hand. I look at the screen curiously and saw the commercial playing. 

 

It was the commercial I'm part of, at least there is something good that happens to me after attending kirin but once again my hopes got crushed into tiny little pieces as the credits flashes and instead of my name on it Ri ah was the one credited for the song. 

 

My heart got broken for the 2nd time around as my parents turn to look at me confused. I hang my head low fighting the threatening tears that are about to fall before I run to my room and once again get drown in my sorrows. 

 

"Why aren't things working for me?" 

--- 

Jason's POV 

 

I was sitting on the sofa flipping the pages of the magazine I was holding when I hear her voice coming out from the TV. I look up and saw a TV commercial. So this is the commercial she was talking about the one where she sang the theme song. Yeah! That is her sweet voice. I can't be wrong about that. Her face suddenly flashes inside my head her eyes with threatening tears. I didn't mean to hurt her. I was taken aback I didn't know she likes me that way. I don't know what to say or what to do during that situation I just decided to go for what I think would be the best. 

 

Ri ah? 

 

My thoughts gut cut off as I saw Ri-ah's name on the credits. Why isn't her name in it? What's going on? This isn't right they should have put her on the credits. I feel myself getting mad for some reason. I grab my phone and was about to dial her number but then stop halfway. Wait! What am I doing? Why am I so concerned about it? It's not like I like her or something, right? 

 

"Yah! Jason open up or I'll eat this whole chicken alone", I heard Nick called from outside bringing me back to my senses, I stood up to open the door. 

 

"Yah! Why are you late I'm starving?" I told him since I've been waiting for him for almost two hours since he said he'll be eating lunch here. 

 

"Aigoo! If you're hungry you should have called the delivery man instead of ordering me to get you some food" 

 

"You said You'll be eating lunch here so I thought you should be the one buying it", I counter as I grab some plate and utensils for us to use. 

 

He places the food on the table in front of the TV and sat down. 

 

"Oh! You've been watching TV have you seen my commercial being aired" 

 

"Yeah, it just played a while ago", I reply sitting down as well. 

 

"I'm good right", he said beaming proudly. 

 

"You're so-so", I teasingly reply as immediately grab my share preventing him to take it away. 

 

"What a brat!", he then said in defeat. "By the way, I meet your friend" 

 

"Friend? Who?" I asked confused as I started eating. 

 

"The angelic voice Kim Phil-soooookkkie", he emphasized saying her name making me choke I grab the bottle of water on my side and gulp it down. 

 

"Ohhhhhhh~ what's with the reaction?" he chuckles. 

 

"It's because you say it in a weird way that's not the way you say someone's name. Weird guy", I glare at him.

 

"Speaking of Pilsook why isn't she credited on the commercial?" I asked curiously. 

 

"What? What do you mean not credited?" 

 

I look away "It's only Ri-ah that was credited for the song" 

 

"Really? Didn't she tell them to put her name on? Ri ah didn't even sing a word" 

 

" She told me that they'll put her name on" 

 

"That's weird! She should be credited for the wonderful job", I nod agreeing. 

 

--- 

Pilsook's POV 

 

Days passed and instead of feeling a little lighter I feel more down than ever, especially when Monday came. This is the first time that I truly hate Monday. I used to look forward to this day since it means I'm going to see Jason at school again but at this moment he is the person I wouldn't wish to see. It is just too embarrassing to face him again. 

With a heavy heart, I went to school just not to make my parents worried. I put all my courage to pull out a brave face as I enter the campus but as soon as I saw him my masked shattered and I started to panic. 

 

What am I suppose to do? Where should I go?

 

 And so my brain starts producing dozens of questions making my heart race in panic as my hands started to sweat. 

 

Pilsook, calms down act normal. I told myself but as I saw him getting nearer I immediately diverted my gaze and sprinted away not knowing where exactly I should go. And that's what happens for almost the entire day. 

 

I saw him, I run. I hear his name, I run. 

 

I walked in the campus very wary and careful not to be in the same place as him cause I am certain I won't be able to handle the situation. Not at this moment when the pain is still so fresh. It's like the day when I use to follow him around is long gone. 

 

Finally, the day is about to end and I found myself sitting with Hyemi in the cafeteria. Our heads resting on the table as we feel each other's gloominess. I wasn't the only one hurting I can see it in her eyes. 

 

---

Pilsook and Hyemi got their heads rested on the table as they face each other. They look so down that other students decided to leave them alone than getting involved in their gloominess. 

 

"Hyemi ah, I'm not the lead character", Pilsook said as she fights back her tears that were threatening to fall yet failed. 

 

Hyemi feeling sorry for her friend reach out for her hand and gave it a little squeeze as she also let her tears fall. She doesn't understand why they have to suffer like this? Why did they feel their hearts being pinch? She sure knows what it feels to be left behind and not being able to get the result you want. 

 

They don't need many words to express how they feel as they let themselves drown in their tears. After letting it all out they both sit up straight and heavy a deep sigh. 

 

"Yah! you look like a mess", Hyemi said as she looks at Pilsook. 

 

"You too", Pilsook softly mumbles as she looks at Hyemi's messy hair and her cheeks still stained with her tears as her eyes all puffy and red.

 

"What?" Hyemi then caught her reflection on the glass door behind her. "Omoo!!!" she gasps as she saw herself. 

 

The two both laugh at how pathetic they look after crying their eyes out. Somehow they know they'll manage to survive this heartache having their friends around. 

 

"Yah! what happen to you two?" Samdong asked surprise to see the two walk-in with their puffy red eyes. "Did someone bully you?" 

 

The two look at each other and smile "No, we just got slap by reality", Hyemi then said confusing Samdong more. 

 

--- 

 

Meanwhile at the photoshoot. Jason is busy with his pictorial for his coming debut. He was very good at it and everyone in the set compliments him for being so natural making him feel proud. 

 

"Okay you have worked hard", the president said clapping as he is very satisfied with his work. 

 

His turn was over and staff handed him a bottle of water and he gladly took it to ease his drying throat. He was sitting in front of the mirror when Ri-ah walks in. The president happily greeted her as she walks to greet him as well.

 

"The CF you did was great", he heard the director compliment her. "Who sang the song? Her voice is very good" 

 

"Someone called Pilsook", Ri ah said and that caught his attention. 

 

Hearing her name he can't help but glance at the mirror watching them. 

 

"It's not someone who can debut, is it?" the president asked curiously. 

 

"It's possible is she loses 30kg otherwise it's impossible", he heard her somehow laugh at the thought. 

 

Jason jaw clenched as he heard Ri-ah's remarks she just pisses him off. 

 

"Ok, photographer, let's try a different style", the president called out to the staff and tells Ri ah to get ready. 

 

As she walks away Jason blocks her path startling her. She looks at him with knitted eyebrows confuse. She thought they were not in good terms to be talking. She thought that maybe he wants to fix things between them but disappoint flash in her eyes as soon as he opens his mouth to talk. 

 

"It was Pilsook who sang the song", he emphasizes looking at her intensely. "Why is it your name that appears in the credits?" 

 

"I didn't know why that is either", she said acting all innocent. That stare that he gives him is unbearable he can feel that he still hates her so she looks away. "Isn't it done by the advertising agency?" she tried to be the old sweet Ri ah who he use to hang out with. 

 

"How disappointing!" Jason sigh "You think this is an excuse?" Anger and disappointment are clearly shown in his face as he walks away leaving Ri ah dumb folded with hanging open. She can't believe what just happened. The sweet innocent act didn't work to help her with Jason so she just drops it off. 

 

"You think I like having someone else's voice coming out of my face?" she said in annoyance. 

 

"What are you doing, Ri ah? come here quickly", the president called out to her and instantly the mask is back on. 

 

--- 

 

The week is finally coming to an end and still, Pilsook tries her best to avoid Jason. She sure did a great job as she did not bump into him to the whole day. 

 

"It's okay now Pilsook today is almost over you can relax now", she told herself as she finished her last class. She was getting her sneakers in her locker when she finally caught sight of Jason. She immediately dashes off in a panic and accidentally hit her head in one of the locker's door when somebody opens it. She felt her world spinning and end up sitting on one of the benches nearby. 

 

"Are you okay?" Jason asked sounding all worried as he hurried to her side "Let me have a look at your forehead" 

 

He was about to reach to touch it but Pilsook blocks his hands off. 

 

"There's no need", Jason looking all worried can't help but to pull his hands away as he looks at her confused not with how Pilsook is acting toward him after the confession but he is more confused on why he isn't liking the fact that she's staying away from him and how her next words somehow pains him. 

 

"From now on, please stop being nice to me" 

 

Jason looks at her intensely. How can he stop caring about someone as fragile as her, he asked himself. 

 

"I'm always worried about you", Jason then said letting it out. No matter how much he thinks about it he does worries about her, a lot. "How about you stop making me worry about you?" 

 

"You....worry about me?" Pilsook's eyes widen hearing him say that. He is once again making her confuse as her hearts did a little summersault in her chest.

 

 Get a grip Pilsook she told herself. "You don't hate me?" 

 

"Hey! Which idiot will go to the karaoke to sing with someone he hates", Jason fired back surprise that she thinks that he hates her. 

 

Pilsook tries to slowly process it in her mind. "You don't hate me, but you don't like me either?" she said trying to clarify it. 

 

Jason looks down feeling a little embarrassed and not sure what to say. He thinks it thoroughly before saying it.

 

"If I had to pick one, I guess I like you a little", he said as he tries his best to fight back his smile. 

 

"You said you like me.....but only as a friend, right?" Pilsook said trying to make it clear as she suddenly finds it hard to breathe as she started to feel giddy again. 

 

Jason nodded not looking at her as he felt his heart pounding inside his chest. He has no idea why he is being nervous at the moment as his palms start to sweat. 

 

Pilsook hands drop on her lap as she made up her mind. "If I lose weight...", Jason glance back at her and was a surprise to see the look in her eyes. "Then, will you change your mind?" 

 

"What?" he can't help laughing as he was startled by her boldness? So she thinks I didn't like her because she's fat? He told himself as he laughs at her silliness. 

 

"After 200 days, I'll lose weight. I'll become pretty and appear in front of you. When the time comes.Can you give me another answer?" 

 

Jason can hear the determination in her voice but can he give her another answer? He tried to think about it then he was reminded of the thing happened in the photoshoot. Maybe he can help her by being her motivation. If she'll be able to do lose weight he might worry less since people will start to accept her. Maybe she can even debut. Her weight is her only hindrance to reach her dreams so it's not a bad idea. 

 

"Fine. 200 days", Jason said nodding. She must do it if he can help her as her inspiration then so be it, he told himself feeling happy. 

 

She nods as her smile grow wider. Jason returns her smile as she finally notices the sadness in her eyes is now gone making him feel much better.

 

Pilsook then stood up from her sit "Then see you 200 days from now", he told him and went ahead.

 

As soon as she was sure that she's out of his line of sight she dashes off to their classroom to tell Hyemi the great news, Jason doesn't hate her, he likes her a little. She kept smiling with that thought swirling in her brain. 

 

"Hyemi ah!!" she called out and found Hyemi alone sitting on her chair holding something. "What's that?" she can't help but get curious as she caught her smiling to herself. She walks closer and saw the drawing. 

 

"Oh is that a manhwa? You draw that?" Hyemi shocked her head. 

 

"Samdong did", she smiles. 

 

"Oh, that one looks like you", Pilsook said pointing at the character that resembles her friend. She laughs and I look at her with her eyes glistening as if she wasn't the person crying with her in the cafeteria.

 

"Funny, right? He makes me the lead in this comics", Pilsook smiles thinking what could they expect from Samdong, of course, he'll make Hyemi the lead and it's just so sweet of him. 

 

 "Maybe it's not yet our time to become the lead", Hyemi then said after giving it much thought "But we will be", she looks at Pilsook whose eyes are starting to moist again as she looks at her amazed. "Stop crying now. Our story hasn't ended yet", she said as a smile plaster her face as she remembers Mr. Kang's word. 

 

"You're right it hasn't ended yet and I'm willing to go for another ending", she then said and throw herself to Hyemi giving her a warm hug. "Hyemi ahhh Jason..." 

 

"What? What did that Jerk do to you?" Hyemi was about to flip thinking that Jason did something to her friend since she began sobbing again but Pilsook hugs her tighter as she told her how happy she is.

 

"Oh come on Pilsook tell me what's going on?" She asked getting confused. Pilsook loosens her hug as she gave her a cheeky smile before she spills everything. 

 

"Then what are you still doing here? Should you be starting" 

 

"Oh right!" Pilsook gasp as she realizes that she better start as early as she could. "I'll call you later", she then said before running out.

 

 She went her way to her old professor who was startled when she appeared right in front of her out of breath.

 

"What again? Want to withdraw?" 

 

"No. Teacher", she shakes her head "I want to lose weight. Lose 30kg within 200 days" she said full of determination. "Do you think it's possible?" 

 

The teacher looks at her belly. "I'm not sure. It'll depend on your determination", she clarified. 

 

"I'm extremely determined", she said fixing her glasses she then tap her belly "This.. can it be lost?" 

 

"Honey? Do you know why there's a saying that goes, "Looks are like your strength"?" 

 

Pilsook shook her head having no idea. 

 

"You'll be able to change as long as you're willing to work hard", Pilsook looks at her in awe. "In this world, there are no ugly women, only lazy ones. So long as you're diligent from today onwards you'll be able to do it, okay?" 

 

"So long as I am diligent", Pilsook repeats engraving it in her mind and heart.

 

 "I can do it", she said confidently.

 

~o0o~