A Jerk On The Loose

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

 

 

 

Pilsook’s POV

 

I was happy since finally I was given a chance to sing in front of him. I glance at his direction the same time he looks at my way and smile, giving me the full blast courage I needed. And so I was lost,as I started to think about him— how we first met, how he smile at me everytime our eyes met, how he greeted me 'hi' everytime we bump into each other, how he always held the door for me and how he makes my heart flutter and my cheeks burn in his simple gesture, and I come to the conclusion that I'm totally fallen for him. And so I sang what I really felt.

Day after day, before I fall asleep
You are already waiting for me in my dreams
That long, long time you spent waiting for me
Even more so than that, I love you

Everyday like a sweet day
Find the day oh the fine day

When you see me, you smile and when you smile, you make my heart flutter
I hope that this moment will never end
Love you forever
In my heart, there is always only you

Everyday like a sweet day
Find the day oh the fine day

When I open my eyes, I want to see you and when I meet you, I want to hold you
Without even realizing it, I somehow fell in love
Love you forever
More precious than any other thing, you are my gift

 

I finish the song with a sweet smile curve on my lips as I once again diverted my gaze toward him but these time he wasn’t looking at me instead she was laughing with her. I felt the sting inside my chest as I look at them.

“Pilsook?”

I look at Mr. Gong and realize I’ve been standing on the front for quiet to long. I bowed down my head as I walk to my sit.

“you did good”, Jin-gook said all smile “what’s with the face?”

I look up at them and caught Hyemi looking at me, she then turns her head to look over her shoulders then glance back at me shaking her head. I knew she saw Jason talking with that girl and I guess she believes that what she told me was really true that I really misunderstand everything.

“so where are you taking us?” Jin-gook asked hyemi as the assessment ended.

“what are you talking about?” Hyemi glared at him before turning to me.

“Kaja!” and she once again pull me with her with Samdong trailing behind us.

“You really did good in the assessment”, she then told me.

“You too, you finally got that feelings in your song”, she stop on her tracks and turn around to face me.

“Thank you”

“eh?” I was dumb folded, I’m not really sure if I heard her right.

“I said thank you— don’t make me repeat it again”, she repeated grumpily but I can’t help but smile.

“For what?”

“well, you kindda help me a little”, she said and once again started walking toward our classroom. I felt really happy hearing it from her. Me? I thought I wasn’t able to help her even though I share her my secret.

“but still—“, she once again stop as she reach the door “you need to make sure of that feelings of yours, there’s a jerk on the loose”, she then said before entering the classroom.

‘a jerk on the loose?’

She really is making me confuse.

“Is she talking about me?” Samdong pop out on my side with his eyes wide open.

“molla?" I softly mumble.

“Yah! Hyemi?” and he run his way following her inside the room.

Who could that jerk be?’

 

Jason’sPOV

 

 

 

 

 

IU- every sweet day

 

 I don’t have to look up to know who was singing. As her name has been called I stay stiff in my place as a small smile curve on my lips. Ri-ah continues on her story but I wasn’t listening to her any longer, I was already captured by her voice. After my performance I already look forward for her name to be called ‘because I know she will always take me by surprise. She got the loveliest voice in the room, there’s no doubt about that.

‘aisht! Since when did I last hear her voice that I really felt relieve that I heard it again’

I glance up at her as she sang, her sweet melodic voice filling the entire room. I was surprise that she was looking my way and so I smile. She was then lost in her song enjoying her performance, as her face brightens up and as for me I can't help smiling as I listen to her still amuse. Her song conveyance and the way she sang the whole song was perfect that’s why I’m quiet disappointed that she only got 89. She deserve a higher score than Hyemi, she definitely sang and convey better than her. I’m starting to think that Mr. Gong isn’t fair in giving grades.

“Jason are you still listening?”

“Eh?” I glance back at Ri-ah, her eyebrow creased as she realizes I wasn’t paying attention to her any longer.

“I’m sorry”, I mumble with a soft chuckle.

“Pilsook?” her name once again was called as she seems to be immobilize on her spot. I once again turn my head to look at her the same time she turns away and walk toward her sit.

The assessment ended and I was looking back at Pilsook wanting to congratulate them for doing well in the assessment. Well, I actually just want to congratulate her for her wonderful performance. But as I was on my way to her I felt someone throwing daggers on me. Hyemi gave me a deathly glare before she pulls Pilsook with her.

 ‘Don’t get pure girls misunderstand your motives’, her words repeat in my head.

There is really something wrong with that girl, I’m sure of that and I sincerely don’t like her.

“So what do you think?”

I look at Ri-ah eyebrow crossed in confusion as she grabs my arms. She has been clinging on me lately, I admit that at first I got really irritated by it, but then when I found out that she was really working hard for the assessment I then decided to help her out a little, since most of the students especially the girls don’t like her, due that she was a celebrity and gaining too much attention for herself. She somehow reminds me of someone who was also not accepted by the students due to her appearance.

“Think about what?” I asked her.

“About my offer”, she said a little bit disappointed.

I look at her still having no idea since I wasn’t really paying attention on her blabbering as I was busy with my lollipop.

“I’m asking you out for lunch, you know— to thank you for helping me out”

“There is no need for that”

“Yes, there is. If you didn’t help me a bit I guess I wouldn’t even receive an 80. Just accompany me, just this once”

“tsk tsk”, Park Do Joon appear from nowhere tapping my shoulders. “Do you really think high of yourself regretting the princess?” he said clicking his tongue. Why is he interfering others conversation?

“Please”, Ri- ah then mumble.

“Fine”, I sigh in defeat as she smile at me satisfied with my answer “Later then—“, I took my arms away from her grip as I walked out of the campus.

As always I was walking out in the open enjoying time by myself with the head phones on when students came running to the opposite direction I was heading. My brow creased in confusion as an ambulance leaves the school premises with the sirens on.

‘What did that ambulance do here?’

I took of my headphones off as I walked toward the commotion. The crowd has already been decreasing as the other teacher shoo them away.

 “It was supposed to be Hyemi, right?” I heard a girl murmur on the side.

“Yeah, she was the target but it hit another prep class student” the other one answer.

“nugu?” I walked up to them to ask.

“eh, Jason!”

“Who was inside the ambulance?” I once again asked.

“Mian, we weren’t in the scene so we are not really sure but they say it was one of the prep class students who came to save her”

‘A prep class student?’

My chest tightens as I can feel uneasiness inside my stomach and cold sweat start to form on my forehead as the scene earlier flash back in my head. The scene when Hyemi pulled her with her before I can even approach her. I dash back inside the hallway running toward the prep class, classroom. My heart is pounding hard inside of my chest and I don't know how to explained it. I—I don't understand but thinking I might not be able to hear her voice again, scared me. I need to make sure of one thing, that’s what my mind is telling me trying to calm my senses but then they wouldn’t.

I hold onto the door frame letting go of a sigh, as I suddenly felt relief after seeing her pacing back and forth inside their classroom biting her thumb.  

'thank goodness'

“Pil—“, I was cut off as someone called her from the other door whom she immediately response. I step back turning around as I massage my temple.

 ‘What was I’m doing here, again?’ I asked myself as I walk my way out. I clunch my chest shaking my head in confusion. I knew there is something wrong with me but — aisht! never mind.

~o0o~