To Quell Myself

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

 

Crowds has gathered in the school gate as the rumors said that Lee Ri ah a student in Kirin who became most wanted CF endorser has come back to school. I just watched from upstairs as the stars they have been waiting finally arrive. A slender beautiful women came out from the celebrity car wearing sun glasses. She flipped her long magnificent hair as she walked past the crowd. A photo was taken as she took of her sunglasses. She smile happily to her fans and I guess her fans loves that as they scream. Wow, she was indeed really beautiful. I wish I could be like her someday.

 

I totally forgot about my class as I watch her walk in the school premises. When I finally heard the bell rang I got back on my sense as I run my way to my next class.

 

 I can't be late.

 

I almost knock her down if I hadn't got a grip on the door. Oh my gosh, she's taking the same class as mine.

 

"Sorry", I mumbled. At first she look totally pissed as her eyebrows where crossed and she was biting her lips. Then she inhaled and her features relax and she gave me a smile.

 

"It's okay, no harm done", she reply. She fix up her hair running her fingers through it and it was instantly fixed like she had use a comb or something. Her hair look really smooth I guess that’s why many girls got envy of her. She walked gracefully in to the room and I walked behind her keeping my distance.

 

Professor Seung Hee was already in the room she told us to line up so she can check our weight and height. I line up next to Ri Ah still admiring her beautiful looks and maybe that was a bad idea because I became much fatter by her side. Lee Ri Ah turn came and I listen very attentively.

 

"Lee Ri Ah, height : 1.63 meters, Body weight : 41kg", she announces.

 

"Wow, how can she maintain a perfect figure", someone mumbled from behind.

 

“Celebrities are indeed celebrities. They come out when it’s time to come out and come in when it’s time to come in”, Baek Hee who was standing next to me said.

 

“She must have worn chest pads”, the other girl said.

 

I can sense insecurity in the air. I look away swaying my body in the place.

 

"Kim Pilsook"

 

huh, it's my turn already.I walked to take my position.

 

"height : 1.63 meters. weight…"

 

"Shhhhh shhhhh", I try to cut her off before she announces my weight. And she looked startled for a moment then she smile.

 

"79 kilograms", she announces with a booming voice.

 

"What! I lost 3kg?" I look at my body.

 

"That's great", I walked back to my line laughing at myself.

 

"You all know that the weight I announced just now is not your actual weight currently, right?" All eyes turn to her.

 

Aisht! I though I already lost 3kg already.. =(

 

"The weight I said just now is your target for next week. I hope all of you will not forget about it"

 

"what?!", I  was surprised as my eyes almost bulge out as I stare at her in disbelief. "I have to lose 3kg in a week?" I said in a low weak tone as she stare back at me.

 

Would that be even possible?

 

Professor Seung Hee walked toward me eying me from head to toe. "Where do you live?"

 

I look down before answering "at bukgwandong..." my voice came in like a whisper.

 

"Starting tomorrow, you won't be taking the bus anymore. You must walked"

 

 what! Do I really have to?

 

 "After 7pm, don't even drink water", I bowed down as I held my hands together feeling down as everyone watches me. I started fiddling with my fingers "If you want to eat on all three meals. Eat like a queen in the morning and eat like a beggar at night. If you do that, you'll definitely be able to lose 3kg in a week", she told me.

 

"But what if I'm not able to lose 3kg in a week?" I asked looking up at her.

 

"If you can't lose weight, 50 points deducted. If you put on weight, 70 points will be deducted, per week", everyone jaw dropped as the professor explained while mine turn into a big O.

 

"Oh my! If that happens for 3 weeks all the points will be deducted!" someone whispered. And it was true I might get kicked out of the class when that happens. I hung my head really low. I don't know what to do.

 

"The world you are trying to survive in is not going to be easy. It's a world where the television and radio make up everything. It’s also a word which requires both looks and talent", she turns to look at me as she said the last sentence. I guess that what she wanted to say is, I lacked in appearance and that I should as well give up. I immediately look away hanging my head low. Then students start making up noises, did I do something wrong?

 

"I'm sorry for being late", I remember the girl who took the audition with Baek hee she suddenly enters the class.

 

"I heard your enrollment result has not come out yet", professor replied.

 

"They didn't say that I had to leave", she pointed out.

 

"Uh", Professor Seung Hee said annoyed with her behavior as she look at her from head to toe.

 

Class was dismissed early after that encounter.

 

---

 

I was resting my head on the table as my third class has been dismissed. The room was in chaos as the guys fool around while waiting for our next class.

 

‘Please let the teacher comes quickly’

 

I prayed eyes close. I was afraid that I would be the subject of teasing once they set eyes on me. I wanted to be invisible as for this moment, hiding my doll inside my pink back pack. I don’t want any harm, like the last time when they took away my doll throwing it to one another as I try to get it back running and stumbling towards them. I don’t really feel welcome in this class. I let go of a sigh.

 

I thought the professor had already came in, as silent invaded the room. I tilt my head up to look but there was no teacher in front.

 

“Pilsook”, the girl sitting beside me said. I look at her puzzled, she never talk to me before afraid that she’ll be also a target of teasing when she involve herself with me. But why is she talking to me now?

 

“I think his looking for you”

 

I look at the direction where everyone was looking at and I saw him standing there. He smile upon our eyes met.

 

‘why is he here?’

 

Everyone diverted there gaze toward me. Doubtful that I was the one his looking for, I turn to look behind me and realize that I was the only one sitting at the back.

 

‘babo’

 

He then raises his hand and gesture for me to come out. And so I stood up on my sit, I can feel every eye in the room watching me as I walked my way to the door. Why does it suddenly felt like the door was so far away for me to reach that it might take centuries before I can reach him.

 

Centuries?!? I can’t let that happen, can I? I had to go to him.

 

“hi”, he greeted with all smile as I step out of the room and was now facing him.

 

“Hello”, I greeted back.

 

“err—“ he run his fingers through his hair as he try to get words out of his mouth. He seems to be hesitating or something.

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

“Ani”, he shook his head “It’s not like that. I was just – ahmmm, are you free tomorrow morning?”

 

My heart starts pounding fast as I look straight at him. Is he going to ask me out? Omoo!!

 

“Yes, why?”  My voice came into a whisper as I feel giddy all of a sudden.

 

---

 

I sat on the stairs waiting for him to arrive. Finally, I’m going to have a moment with him. I felt my cheeks hot as I think about doing the practice with him. He had asked me about that during that one time in the rehearsal room and I really like the idea.

 

“Hi”, Jason approached me with all smile as I stood up from my seat.

 

“mian, did you wait long?”

 

“Ani, I just arrive”, I lied since I was so excited to see him I came here 30 mins ago. It’s worth waiting, if it’s Jason.

 

“Kaja”, he led me to the little stage downstairs. There were already students there hanging around since class hasn’t started yet and it’s rehearsals day. He steps on the stairs up to the stage but I stop. Too many crowd I can feel knots being form inside my stomach.

 

“Hey”, Jason gentle voice came ringing in my head. I look up at him.

 

“Don’t be nervous, I’m here”, he then said.

 

All the butterflies in my stomach had flown away as new courage emerge with my heart beating wild. I nod at him as I set my foot on the stage and March my way toward the keyboard. I don’t care if the audiences are looking at me curiously as I walked in like a robot all stiff. I sat down and try to breath evenly calming my was about to explode heart.

 

I can hear him chuckle as he took the sit beside the keyboard. I run my hands on the keyboard and look at him. He nodded and I begun playing.

 

When he begun to sing, I felt like I’m in heaven. I always dream of performing with him on the stage.

 

Aw jason voice. It’s so beautiful.

 

"Is because of the girl behind the stage~", I turn around to take a peek on his facial expression while he is singing the song and was surprise that he was looking at me, smiling. I quickly look away and he also did.

 

Omoo! am I in dreamland?

 

My cheeks are sure burning and I can’t even hear the sound of the keyboard since the sound of my heart is invading my ears. Heaven?

 

 

 

We continue the song as students starts to pile up then

 

 

 

ainggg....................................

 

 

 

What's that sound?

 

I cover my ears with both of my hands as the electronic sound from the mic came in. ruining Jason’s practice.Jason has stop singing as he look at the new comer.

 

 

 

"Are you the best in this school?" the guy with curly unruly hair asked.

 

 

 

"What's that bumpkin doing there?" someone down the stage said and I look around trying to figure out what is about to happen. Why did he come up on the stage? Why is he glaring at Jason?  What does he need?

 

 

 

Eoteokke? eoteoke?

 

Are they going to fight? I was silently panicking on my chair. I really had no idea what’s going to happen, but then Jason remain on his seat with his arms folded on his chest looking bored as the guy start talking on the mike.

 

 

 

"Use your eyes and look properly", he begun.

 

 

 

"You have to listen carefully too"

 

 

 

"I will win him", he said full of confidence.  Is he trying to have a match with Jason?

 

 

 

"I'm not a bumpkin, nor am I some moron. Got it?!" he look at someone in the audience.

 

 

 

He sounds angry then he turns to me, I immediately look away fixing my glasses.

 

 

 

"You can continue playing", he said it with a more calm voice.

 

 

 

"Starting from the part about the girl"

 

 

 

"Sorry, I don't want to", I said not looking at him as I put my hand in my pocket. Trying to hide them, then I decided to stood up and walk away. I only play for Jason, mianhae.

 

 

 

I’m such a loyal fan girl.

 

 

 

I was about to past by him when he turn to me looking directly at my eyes, stopping me on my tracks.

 

 

 

"The accompany music will have to rely on you, okay?" just as Jason said that he put on the okay sign we use during our audition when we first met.

 

 

 

"hmm", I also did the sign and nodded at him with a smile. I already told you that I only play for Jason and he want me to do it so I’m back on my sit.

 

‘For Jason’

 

 I look at him in the process as I sat down, he smiles and nodded and I nodded back, my hands immediately do it works on the keyboard without another word.

 

 

 

then he sings....

 

 

 

I was taken aback as I heard his voice. He’s no prodigy, but he can sing. He got a very nice soothing voice, he was about to continue when Jason stood up and grab his shoulders. He stop and Jason continue the song.

 

I still like Jason voice better. Ofcourse, my bias.

 

He stops and let him continue. After that they sang together and it was really nice.

 

I thought they are singing together but why is it Jason voice is the only one I heard at this moment. Applaus came from the audience as the guy with the unruly hair stop singing and Jason has taken the song.

 

He holds his own, but Jason out-sings him with flowery touches. To tell the truth, he’s not necessarily better, but he’s much more confident, and the new comer guy ends up dropping his mic and walking away in defeat.

 

 I suddenly felt bad for him. He got a really very pleasant voice but why did he stop?

 

---

 

 

Jason’s POV

 

I was surprise when this guy suddenly approached me challenging me for duel. I hadn’t seen him before, new student? Wait, if he is a new student does that mean his one of the special class student. Maybe that’s why he thinks he is so great to beat me.

 

I started to rock my body on the chair feeling extremely bored as he start yammering on the mike. Can we just get on with it; I’m in my practice with Pilsook here.  He then turns to look at her as I look up at him.

 

“You can continue playing”, he said. I glance at Pilsook who was fiddling with her fingers. Is he scaring her?

 

"Starting from the part about the girl", he said in a relax tone.

 

I guess not.

 

"Sorry, I don't want to", I was taken aback as Pilsook stood up from her seat and was about to get down on the stage but I stop her, I had to.

 

"The accompany music will have to rely on you, okay?" I said putting up an okay sign to tell her it was alright to play for him. We do need accompaniment, right? I smile as she also did the sign and retracted her track. She looks at me as she sat down, I gave her a slight nod and she started playing.

 

He then begun singing, okay he really had the voice and I can see the audience all surprise and has an  awe  face as they look at him. I stood up and walked toward him. This is supposed to be a challenge so I cannot let him rule the stage alone, can I?

 

I grab his shoulders making him stop as I look at him with full of confidence written on my face.

 

It’s my turn.

 

We do a give and take duet until the chorus. I had been putting my own touches on the song as he also seems to doing the same but then as we were in the middle part he stops. Does that mean he admitted his defeat? He drops the mike and walked away from the scene as I ended the song smoothly, applause and cheers from our schoolmate was filling the room. I smile as I had won his pretty challenge; I’m not planning on getting out shine here.

 

I smirked.

 

I look back at Pilsook, wanting to tell her that we won the battle but when I turn to look at her, expecting that she’s looking at me with all smiles, I was a little bit disappointed. She wasn’t looking at me at all; she was staring at the place where the guy exits. I look at her as she keep staring at that space for quiet long, does she felt bad that he failed?

 

I wave my hand in front of her trying to get her attention and she finally snap back to reality.

 

“Jason”, her cute little voice mumbles my name.

 

“Hey, we won”, I smiled at her as she looks at me amaze.

 

“Yes, you did a great job”, I don’t know why but I can sense sadness on her tone. Isn’t she happy about it or maybe I was just imagining things?

 

“yah! I said WE won those that mean we both did a great job?”

 

“eh?” she seem to be surprise with what I had blurted out. But that was true since she was here to support me; I guess it’s our victory.

 

I can’t help smiling as she blink twice in front of me. I stood up and took my bag on the sit beside me.

 

“I still got classes, thanks for the time”, I told her and headed off.

 

---

 

Pilsook pov

 

 

 

Is that for real? We, he said. I can’t help but to feel giddy as his word echoed in my head for about, a million— I no longer know how many times I’ve been repeating his words inside my head. I headed home with a large grin painted on my lips. I drop inside a bakery before totally heading home. All those giddiness that I’m feeling inside is making me hungry.

 

Omoo, my stomach is grumbling.

 

I bounce on my bed as I look at my yummy breads.

 

Nam nam nam… =9

 

 I’ma take a bite with my mouth all wide open , but then hesitated when I saw the picture of Jason inhabiting the picture frame that once was kim hyun jyung oppa. I pouted and put the bread back on its place.

 

I can’t, I have to follow the instruction given to me. I still need to lose 3kg this week. Get your composure Pilsook. You can do this, you have to do this.

 

I bring the delicious, oh so yummy bread down to the kitchen halfheartedly.

 

“Hey, aren’t you going to eat that for snack?” mom asked.

 

“ani, I need to lose weight”, I told her waving my finger.

 

“good luck with that”, she said chuckling.

 

“Omma!” I pouted. It looks like she isn’t going to take me seriously.

 

“Omma, don’t call me for dinner. Arraso?”

 

“are you sure, were going to have—“

 

“shhhhhhhhhhhhh”, I cut her off. I don’t want to change my mind when I’m heard what she’s cooking right now.

 

“Arraso, I’m not going to mention what delicious dinner me and your appa preparing”, she teases.

 

“omma!”

 

I can still her laughter as I went back inside my room. I need to get distracted, I can’t be thinking of food when I decided to go on diet. I lifted my fingers and reach for the guitar on the side of my bed. Might aswell play some songs to get myself busy.

 

 I was in the middle of my third song when an auroma enter my half open door. My mouth starts to water as the smell filled the entire room. Ow , gawhd.

 

Temptation.

 

I tiptoe myself downstairs and took a peek inside the kitchen. My mom and dad are having a boatful dinner. I gulp a lump in my throat as I watched mom put something inside .

 

“Are you sure that we shouldn’t call her?” my dad asked mom.

 

Wow, I really want to hug dad right now. He is really thoughtful, always thinking about me.

 

“ani”, my mom shook her head as she scoop another mouthful of rise. “she’s on a diet”

 

Mom, please forget the entire thing I had told you earlier. Call me please!!!

 

 I’m starving.

 

“But isn’t that bad, skipping meals?”

 

“But she wants’ it. And she really needs to lose weight if she wants to enter that business”

 

. Mom, was right about that. I hung my shoulders low as I headed back upstairs. I lay on my bed face down and started to roll bringing my blanket with me, forming my little cocoon. When I heard my phone beeps.

 

 

 

FROM: Cup Cake Factory

 

Annyeonghaseyo, customer-nim.

 

Chukahamnida!!!!! You just won 2 free tickets to enter the amazing world of cup cakes.

 

We will be calling you later for some information.

 

kamsahabnida.

 

 

 

AfterI had read the message my phone started to vibrate making me startled a bit.

 

Omoo! Is this for real???

 

My favorite cup cake shop in hongdae, who shall I bring?


----

A/N:

I just read all your comments and I'm really thankful to all of my readers.. hehehe

sorry for making you guys wait...

jeongmal komawoyo.. ^^