First Heart Ache

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

Jason's POV

Students start to pile around the bulletin board looking at the student ranking in the assessment and the total points everyone gain. I also went my way to check it out myself and they gave me way. I stare at the piece of paper wanting to melt it as I saw the name on the top list.

Go HYEMI!!!

That girl tops the assessment while I rank 2, well she got a perfect score and I wonder how that happens. So this means she’ll make it through the showcase by the end of the month. It was said Kirin usually have their showcase to share their talented and aspiring students, it’s one way for the students to enter big entertainment agencies.

I once again scan the paper and a satisfied smile curve on my lips as I saw her name next to Baek hee. She is finally going to have her break on stage that was good. I wonder if she already saw this, I bet she’ll jump in joy.

“Are you that happy ranking 2?” someone place his hands on my shoulders cutting me from my thoughts.

“Hyung?”

A white tall guy who had his eyebrow raised on me, shook his head. He was one of the person I was team up during the opening ceremony Il Woo hyung.

“I thought you like being the jjang of this school?”

“I am”, I told him full of confidence. Who wouldn’t like being the school jjang?

“Then what’s with that smile on your face as if you won a jackpot when you only rank 2nd best”

“Hyung that’s only in the assessment, look”, I pointed at the blue paper at the top right corner of the bulletin, “And this is the overall ranking of the student”

He went near it for a closer look, he blink twice infront of the paper then turn back to me.

“Way to go brat. I thought you already lost your shine”, he snorted and I just laugh as he look disappointed about seeing me on top.

“Hyung I don’t really care if I’m top or not but you knew I’m always up for a challenge”

“What do you mean?”

“I see the prep class as a challenge”, I told him and return my gaze back at the assessment result. He followed my gaze and when I look back at him his eyebrows are knitted together as if he can’t believe what he was seeing.

“Are they really this good?”

“They are no joke”, I smirk “That’s why they should be taken seriously”

He just nodded still eyes fix on the result. I then said my goodbyes and headed to my locker to pick up some stuff. I haven’t really checked it out this morning that’s why I wasn’t surprise to see the lollipop with the good luck note on it. A small smile plastered my lips as I pocketed the note and took the wrapper of the sweet candy. Since I already did a good job it’s time for treat.

I fix up my things inside my locker with the lollipop inside my mouth when my phone beeps. I fish it out from my front pocket and flip it open. It was Ri-ah reminding me about lunch; I hold the candy inside my mouth and begun typing my message.

 

Meet you downstairs.

 

I put my phone back to my pocket, close my locker and headed downstairs. I already texted Nick not to meet me since we always had lunch together and I was glad he didn’t ask any question. I’m sure if he find out that I’m going to have lunch with Ri-ah he will be begging me to let him tag a long and that will only bother her. On the second thought maybe I should bring him with us so it will be less boring, for me.

I was a taking my step down the stairs when I caught a sight of Pilsook sitting on the flat form busy talking to her phone. She seem to be really worried as she was fidgeting her fingers. I went my way next to her though I’m not really planning of eavesdropping but after hearing her sigh in relief, I can’t help but got curious. I step on the flat form and lean closer to her.

“Is Samdong all right now?” I asked as she turn to face me.

She gasp and then fall down, my eyes widen in surprise after seeing her reaction. I must have scared her appearing from nowhere. She tries to stand up wiggling her body on the floor but failed. I admit she look funny and cute at the same time while she was trying her best to stand up. I stretch out my hand offering it to her with a smile. She look at me hesitating before she let go of her doll and took it. Her small soft tender hands reach for mine and I can say there is a tingly feeling with that contact as I pull her up. I think she felt it too, since she pulls her hands immediately as if she has been electrified by our touch and she bowed down hiding her face. I look away and found out that her doll was still lying on the floor; I bend down to pick it up and gave it back to her.

“Sam dong is fine now”, she looks at me and when our eyes got in contact she once again look down. “His head was injured, but he will be fine after some treatment”, she continue.

“That’s good. See you later”, I then said after feeling that she was getting uneasy with me around.

I wasn’t that far way when Ri-ah came to me and like always she clings on my arm telling me that she’s really happy that I say yes to her offer, I just smile at her in response.

“Who do you want to be paired up with in the showcase?” she then asked.

I look at the lollipop that I was twirling in my hand, then the thought came up to me.

Still deciding”, I told her and once again smile as the result of the assessment cross my mind.

It’ll be really nice if I can have a duet with her.

 

Pilsook’s POV

 

I felt my world crash after seeing them walking arm in arm. I thought this was the best day of my life since I got to hold his hands but then with just a blink it turns out to be the worst. I fall back down to the flat form all the energy of rejoicing all drain out. Hyemi was right, I misunderstand his feelings toward me. How could he possibly like me when he can have a model like Ri-ah. Maybe I should cut out my fantasy, I’m just hurting myself.

I felt my heart being squeeze as I buried my face on my pillow as tears continue to flow on my cheeks. I haven’t even confessed to him but I already felt my heart broken with just a sight of the two enjoying each other company. Why do I have to experience one sided love? Why can’t the person I like appreciate me or care for me? Why can’t they like me back?

I sat up on my bed and stare at the mirror in front of me.

Is it because of my appearance?

Am I really that ugly?

Am I not worth it to be love because of this?

I once again lay back and hug the pillow tighter and was trying really hard not to sob louder. Those questions run inside my head for a couple of times before I finally drift off to sleep.

“Morning mom”, I greeted my mom as I sat down on my chair for breakfast.

“Yah, what happen to you? Your eyes looks like it’s about to puff out any minute”, my mother said.

I already saw my reflection in the mirror and I can say I really did make my eyes swollen due to all the crying last night.

“It’s nothing”, I told her lifelessly and went to the fridge to get something for my eyes.Mom just shook her head as she handed me a cold spoon.

“Ah yeah about the soup you requested for your sick friend, I already prepared it”

I actually asked mom to prepare me a soup to bring to Sam dong since I’m planning on visiting him in the hospital before he got release. Hyemi and Jin-gook had always been there but I haven’t had time to visit since I got to take care of our matters in school but today I planned in going with Hyemi after school hours.

Mom handed me the prepared soup that I happily took and sniff since it quiet making me hungry. She  actually prepare a kkori gomtang for Samdong or oxtail soup, it something I crave for when I’m sick and I think it can boost up Samdong energy like it does to me. I gave my mom a hug and a peck on her cheeks to thank her for making the OH so yummy soup.

I took my bag from the living room and headed to school with my heart beating loudly in my chest. I decided to avoid someone for a while to calm my raging heart. I don’t want to shed tears in school. After arriving at school I decided to skip going to the locker and instead went straight to our classroom with everything with me.

I wasn’t first in class since Hyemi was already sitting there and Jin-gook bag is also in there.

“Morning”, I greeted her and she smile at me though worry can be seen in her face.

“So how is he?”

“He already wake up and said he is fine”

“That’s good”

“Hajiman—“

“wae?”

“What if it affect him in some way, the doctor said it might affect his brain that’s why he is still undergoing many test. eotteokaji?”

I took her hands and held it with mine since  I can feel she’s really worried about him. She might have been blaming herself for what had happened to him.

“let’s just pray for the best. Samdong is strong you knew that”, I told her squeezing her hands a little.

She nodded and smile befor glancing at my table, “Are you going to eat breakfast here?”

“eh?” I chuckle after seeing my lunch box on my table, “ani, I’ll be bringing it to Samdong later. It’s the best soup for someone who wanted to recover fast”

“I see”, then her eyebrows connected, "your eyes", she said and start examining it "Did that Jason do something to you?"

And that even take me by surprise "what are you talking?" I akwardly chuckle as I felt something blocking my throat.

"It's just that–"

"It's nothing", I cut her off and she look at me suspiciously before letting the subject drop.

I sigh in relief as she didn't bring the topic back even Jin-gook also notice my swollen eyes. I'm just not ready to open up and let tears fall down infront of my new found friends. I'll try to resolve this on my own.

After class….

I was already fixing up my things when my phone beeps, I took it out and read my message.

“Pilsook, kaja”, Hyemi called me. She was already standing beside the door and was waiting for me since will be going to visit Samdong together.

I run toward her, “Hyemi”, she look at me with curious eyes.

I put my hands together like muttering a prayer “jeseohabnida, but is it okay if we drop by in hannam dong?”

“Wae?”

“I just need to return a cd to my guitar prof, he needs it right now”, I said battling my eyelashes. I will be really dead if I didn’t get to deliver this, Rave need this as his graduation piece and Jonghyun is already looking forward to this.

“Your still attending guitar lesson? You already good at it”

“Ani, I’m already done with the lesson but I kindda help him with some students since I’m his jjang student”, I said proudly.

My guitar lesson has already been ended though I still find time visiting my friend in his mini school and helping him out with his new customers. His really is back to business having new students after the street performance he organizes for the kids. I’ve been helping him in compusing and organzing song like the song that Rave is going to perform,he was the kid who played the violin during one of my lesson with Mr. Jang.

“Arraseo , just make sure it’s quick”, Hyemi said.

“Thanks”, I told her and we went our way toward Jonghyun’s building.

I texted him up as soon as we where already infornt since Hyemi don’t want to walk upstairs.

“Did you have it?” Jonghyun immediately asked as soon as he saw me.

“Neh”, and so I handed him the Cd.

“Ow, you got a friend with you”, Jonghyun said after seeing Hyemi behind me “It’s nice to see you again Hyemi-shii”, he said greeting her with a small bow. I saw the surprise in his face as Hyemi return the bow. Kekeke the first time they meet it was awkward since Hyemi was extremely rude and cold toward everyone and she even gave him deathly glares but now though she still look a little awkward she try to be much polite as possible, aigoo!

“We need to go now. We still need to visit a friend in the hospital”, I told him cutting his stare from Hyemi.

“Ok, hope your friend get well soon”, he smiled at her “I’ll be seeing you again soon”, he said patting me on my head and then like Hyemi his brows started to crease when he look at my eyes. I back away from him, that's the signal to go, I don't want anymore explaining.

“ara, annyeong”, I said and run away waving.

As soon as we step inside the hospital my nose wrinkle due to the smell of disinfectant, it always smell like this and I’m not really found of it. I walked behind Hyemi as she leads me to where Samdong is. We pass few more rooms before we reach his room and as soon as the door click open and Hyemi take a peek, Samdong booming voice greeted us. She is really enough to energize him, maybe he doesn't need the soup.

“Annyeong!” I wave at him as I enter the room.

“Pilsookie~” he greeted with a big smile which I gladly return. He sat up on his bed with Hyemi helping him up. I went to the table beside him and start preparing the soup when Hyemi appear right beside me.

“Let me take that”, and so she heated the soup before putting  it back to the bowl and handed it to Samdong. Samdong look at the bowl then at Hyemi.

“It’s oxtail soup, my mom made that”, I told him.

“kamsahbnida”, he thanks me and turn his attention back to Hyemi.

“aren’t you going to eat this?” Hyemi asked still holding on the soup.

“Feed me”

I cover my mouth surprise with what I just heard, that was unexpected. Hyemi also was taken by surprise as she turn speechless for a second and stare at Samdong who was waiting for her reply.

“Did you foget how to eat?”

“ani”, he shook his head.

“Then feed yourself. It’s your head that got hurt not your hand”, and she put the bowl back to the table and storm out of the room, turning red. I guess Samdong just make her feel embarrassed.

“Yah, Hyemi”, he called out reaching out for her.

I giggle as the two look really cute.

“aisht, she walked out on me, again”, he pouted sounding really dissapointed.

“You shouldn’t have if you don’t want her to leave”, I told him.

“I wasn’t teasing”, he said and reach out for the bowl on the side table, “I just wanted her to take care of me”

“But she is already taking care of you”, I told him.

“Because she felt it was her fault. I don’t want her to blame herself it was my own decision that’s why I came running for her”

He really likes her that much, I wonder if I like Jason that much aswell since I'm hurting just seeing him with others. I admit I really really like him, I'm his loyal fan, right? Then should I support his love aswell? I stop with that thoughtIf he deide to like someone else can I support him withouth getting hurt. Maybe if he was Kim Hyun Joong oppa, there is a possibility but he is not.I stay silent for a moment looking outside the window as random thoughts cross my mind.

"This really taste good"

"Eh?" I was cut off with Samdong voice so I look back at him.

"Are you alright? You seem to be spacing out", he asked sounding worried.

"I'm fine, i'm just thinking of some stuff"

He nodded, "Your mom cooking is really daebak"

I smile upon hearing his remarks, "but to tell you the truth my appa cooks better"

"chincha?" he look at me surpise, "your dad can cook?"

"neh, though his with granma back in jeju that's why I asked mom to do it for me", I laughed with my silliness. If mom hear this she will never cook for me for a week. "I'll bring you guys to our store when his around but you need to promise not tell omma about this nor complement him when she's around. She doesn't like that", I told him.

"no wonder you became healthy. you got good cooks for parents", I look at him with squinted eyes as he finished the soup.

"I should take that as a complement", I then said and we both laugh.

Talking with Samdong is really refreshing since he is all innocent and very pure. He doesnt hide anything and talk freely not even getting embarrassed when he is already revealing silly and embarassing stuff about himself. We where both laughing when Hyemi came back with a few refreshments. She asked us what's going on and I told her that Samdong was telling me how they first meet and then she turns red.

"Don't worry I didn't tell her the part when your at my house"

"kyahhh, Samdong!!!" she shriek and that makes me wonder what really happen when they reach Samdong's house.

The bickering was already done when I decided to head home. I say goodbye to both of them as they started an akward silent. Samdong is supposed to go out tomorrow so there’s no need of coming back. I sigh in relief, that's good news right.

“See you two in school”, I told them as I walked out of the door.

I have just gone out of the door when I saw Jin-gook standing not far but then he disappears from my sight when a patient suddenly passes by. I wonder why he didn’t go to greet Samdong.

The next day in school….

I was getting some stuff from my locker when I saw Jason approaching. My heart beats wild as usual but I try to calm it down hiding behind the door of my locker with eyes close hoping he wouldn’t notice me.

“Pil—“ I gulp a lump on my throat as I heard his voice but then it was cut off as Ri-ah call his name and went running to him. I felt the ache in my heart as I heard there footsteps fade away. I grip on my locker for support as I felt the burden inside my chest and fresh tears run down my cheeks.

Hanging with Hyemi and Samdong yesterday did made me forgot the happening the other day but as I heard his voice and hers the unexpected pain return. I shouldn't feel like this since where not really in a relationship but why am I hurting so bad. Do I really like him that much?

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

a/n: aigoo! I once again took awhile, mianhada..

I’m back to school so update might take long.

So please be patient with me.

they got my schedule fully loaded, and I can't do anything about that.

but don't you guys worry I won't let go of this fic

not until it's mark completed..kekeke

it's still got a long way to go.

please don't give up on this, arasseo..

saranghae and jeongmal komawoyo~ ^^