When it Rains it POURS

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

 

"Yah! Miss me?", an arm encircle on Jason's neck from the back as Nicks head pop out from his side.

 

"Ne, I'm really glad to see you. Let's go", he said sarcastically as he hung his bag on his shoulders and start walking ahead. 

 

"Tss using me as an escape again", Nick look at him in disbelief "are you really planning on becoming an idol?"

 

Jason stops on his tracks to look back at his friend. "Of course, you know that's always been my dream"

 

"Yeah your dream, you’re still hoping to meet your first loves again? —Bro, you didn’t even know that little girl name”

 

“aigoo, hyung that was long time ago. You still remember that”

 

“Like you forgot? Even that girl wasn’t able to truly erase your puppy love memory”

 

“Hyung!” there was warning in his tone.

 

“Fine I’ll stop. But tell me why are you skipping practice?" 

 

"There's no fun there"

 

"No Fun?? Bro you’re having a duet with Lee Ri-ah, she doesn’t seem so bad"

 

"Tss, hyung you don’t know anything. You haven’t been with her for a day. I'll swear she'll drive you crazy"

 

"Drive me crazy?" a smile plaster on Nicks face. 

 

"Crazy in a bad way", he said rolling his eyes and leaving his friend behind. 

 

"Is this about her singing skills", Nick once again asked after catching up.

 

"That's the thing we have been talking about, right?"

 

"Oh yeah. I guess she is really bad at it"

 

"You can't imagine"

 

"Alright I understand but if you keep doing this, do you think you won’t get kick out. I know your great but every time you skip wouldn't your points got deducted. 

 

"It's like I care about that plus I already found where the fun is"

 

"What do you mean?" Nick asked all confuse. 

 

"Don't worry I'll tell you when the time comes but first, feed me. You said you gonna treat me this time. Let's go"

 

"What? Treat?!?" 

 

 

Nickhun's POV

 

I'm really starting to question myself if I'm really this guy friend or just someone he pushes around? Since he arrives here I feel like I was acting as his guardian or worst PA. Giving him rides every morning, running around whenever he calls, buy him food, accompany him in almost everything.

 

"Aren't you sick of me yet? We've always been together from day and night", I complain. 

 

"Ani, don't worry. I still can bare your face"

 

"Tss this kid"

 

yeah! this guy is now my kid. I'm feeding him. =___=;

 

"Hyung just hurry and feed me I'm hungry" 

 

See!

 

"Ara ara", I said in defeat and started walking to the restaurant near by.

 

I was already back into my animated self as I tell him about my plans in life and things that happening in my school but all I get from this guy 'cool aha I see'. Gawdh! How can he be this boring? Or am I boring?

 

We enter the restaurant and I immediately search for a sit which isn’t hard since there are still plenty of vacant sit available as it was already past lunch time.

 

"Jason I think that one is a good spot", I look back at him only to find out that he was rooted in his spot just near the door. I walk back to fetch my frozen friend.

 

"Yah!! I thought your hungry"

 

His brows knitted together as he stares far off.

 

"What’s the matter?" I look at what he is staring and find two figures not far from where we're standing. 

 

 

"Kaja!!" he then said going back to his senses and leaving me behind.

 

 

 

He went to take a sit on a certain area where he can spot the two figures really clearly. Yes, I'm sure of that since looking at them was the first thing he did as he sat down. Oh! Boy this is really getting my interest. 

 

"Isn't the girl someone from your class?" I once again asked looking at her uniform. I’m sure that I seen her before during my visits.

 

 

"Yes", he said nodding still eyes focus on them. 

 

 

"Ohh!! I wonder what he is doing with Mr. popular"

 

 

"Mr. Popular?" I finally grab his attention as he raise his eyebrows on me. 

 

 

"You don't know him. Jonghyun, Hongdae popular guitarist it's been awhile since he shows up though. He just disappear it's really a surprise that I'm seeing him now"

 

 

"Wait isn't that girl??" my eyes widen in realization "someday??"

 

 

"Someday?"

 

 

"Yes, the girl who got angelic voice the one that sings 'someday' in her audition"

 

 

"Oh, nae"

 

"Who would thought that she's dating Mr. popular. What a lucky girl"

 

 

"ANIYO!!! SHE IS NO DATING HIM"

 

 

"Yah kid why are you mad?"

 

 

"*cough* I'm not mad. What are you talking about", he said awkwardly smiling at me "He is her guitar teacher", Jason then said looking away.

 

"Teacher? Ani they seem to close to me and you’re so affected by it", I look at him intensely. This kid is hiding something from me. 

 

"Argh! hyung don't give me that creepy look", he took the menu blocking my stare "Can we just eat"

 

 

---

 

"You'll come, right? please please please", Pilsook said as he follow Jonghyun around. She was eager to make him watch their showcase. 

 

She went straight to his work as soon as her classes ended handing him the extra ticket she asked for Mr. Kang. She also explains to him everything about the fake showcase. At first he was against it since he doesn’t want Pilsook to lie to her parents but after hearing her reason on why she had to do this. He decided to support her instead. Of all people he knew how Pilsook wanted to prove herself and maybe in this performance she would be able to prove to her parents that sending her in Kirin isn’t a big mistake like what her aunt told them. 

 

"Mianhae I got an important appointment the same day", Jonghyun said feeling torn. 

 

"You can't come?" Pilsook lips turn into a pout as she looks at him with her puppy eyes. 

 

"Omoo, your using that weapon again"

 

"Weapon? What weapon" she asked confuse with a sad tone

 

A smile form in Jonghyun’s lips as he leans forward toward Pilsook. Pilsook step back surprise with Jonghyun’s sudden closeness. 

 

"You", Pilsook gulp as she stare at his friends eyes.

 

"Don't you really have any idea how cute you are when you do that?"

 

"eh?" Pilsook cheeks redden as she felt embarrassed all of a sudden.

 

"Should I come?" he then asked leaning away.

 

"Of course", Pilsook reply back fixing her glasses "yah, this is your chance to see me on stage", she said shyly. 

 

"Ok, I'll come but I'll only watch your performance"

 

"My performance?" 

 

"Yup, since I got an appointment I'll only come for you", he told her with all smile. 

 

"Oh alright",  Pilsook reply still speechless as she stare at her friend. She felt something is different from Jonghyun ever since the day they went to the cupcake factory. Jonghyun has been really nice to her and they were already really close since he is her best friend but there is something she can’t explain in the way he talks and act right now and she's not sure if she should be bother by it. 

 

'We’re friends. I might be just over thinking things' she tell herself and brush away the thought in her mind.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

Pilsook P.O.V

 

Last day of preparation finally, I sat with Hyemi and Samdong as we clear out everything about our upcoming showcase. 

 

"We got everything in the list right?" I asked making sure. 

 

"Yep, only the audience and lights preparation is not sure"

 

"Oh, the audience, a showcase can't be successful without an audience and press too. My parents knew that press would come", I told them a little worried.

 

"For the audience we got you parents and my mom but your right that would not be enough. What to do?" Samdong said.

 

"Don’t worry Mr. Kang said he'll do something about it", Hyemi then said looking not even bothered by it. 

 

How would he do it? Fake students, Fake Press and Fake co-teachers for a fake showcase how could professor Kang gather those people? I can't help asked myself. He doesn’t look rich enough to hire people, right? Or is he? Aigoo!! I hope everything run well tomorrow. 

 

"Don't worry much", Hyemi said looking at me. "Everything would be alright for tomorrow all we need is practice. 

 

"OK", I nodded feeling a little better. 

 

"Speaking of practice where is Jingook?" she asked turning to Samdong who shook his head in response. "He is your partner, right?" she then asked me. 

 

"Yes, I called him but he isn’t picking up"

 

"aisht!! Where could he be?”

 

 

---

 

 

Jingook came in late but then went out again due to an important call and we had no idea who might the caller be but it seems Jingook is really bothered about it. We continue for another hour and since I already got no partner I also decided to go. 

 

"Are you sure you don't want us to come with you to the bus stop?" Samdong asked for the 2nd time as he was persistent in seeing me off. 

 

"I don't mind", Hyemi then said standing up. 

 

"Ani, I'll be alright. You two go practice and perfect your song", I said assuring them. I pick up my bag and walk toward the door. 

 

"See you guys at school tomorrow"

 

"Eum, take care", they both said as Samdong wave goodbye. 

 

I was welcome by the cold breeze as I walk up the stairs. I embrace myself trying to feel warm as I half walk half run on the street. As I make a turn in a corner my eyes widen in surprise as I saw a familiar figure. 

 

He just got out of the store nearby and stop on his tracks when he saw me. He was holding a drink in his hand and with the light coming from the store I can also see his shock face. 

 

What is he doing here? Omoo!! did he see where I came from? 

 

We continue to stare at one another until he finally decided to approach me first. 

 

"Hi", he said smiling shyly at me. 

 

"hi", I manage to reply back as my mind went blank. 

 

We stand there awkwardly until I finally got my mind and tongue back. 

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked afraid that our secret place has been found out.

 

“Uhmmm, I went to visit a friend who lives nearby", he then answer looking else where. "And you?"

 

"Same", I answer back immediately having no time to think of a good excuse. I press my lips together as I don't really plan on lying but I can't tell him.

 

"Oh, I see"

 

 

"So you’re going home?" Jason finally asked after a moment of silence. 

 

"Yes"

 

"Nadu", a bus stops by across the street and we look at it and look back at each other like were having the same thought. 

 

"Kaja", he then said smiling at me. 

 

---

 

 

I keep on fidgeting my fingers as I sat near the window and Jason is sitting right next to me. 

 

Aha you read it right. JASON IS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME. My heart is beating inside my ears. It is so loud that I think I’m going to be deaf once I get off of this bus. 

 

I look at my right to just to check if this is all just a dream. Jason looks back at me and smile. 

 

"You want?" he offers me the banana milk in his hand. 

 

"Ah, ani  I'm alright", I said feeling embarrassed and then turn to look at the other side. 

 

 

I look at the window trying to hide the smile that was curving on it as I watch Jason's reflection. No words can describe how happy I am at this moment. How come blessings come after another?

 

 

It was one of the silent rides in my life as I was just so immerse in watching him. I can't find the courage to talk first to the beautiful creature beside me. And I had no idea how many times my cheeks warm up as I caught him glimpsing at my side. I hope I'm not hallucinating and he was really looking at me and not out the window. I'm also looking at the possibility that I'm imagining things. Why would Jason look at me?

 

If I was surprise finding Jason on the street I was more surprise went he get off the same time that I did. He isn't living near my place I'm sure of that. 

 

I smile up at him and went my way thinking that maybe a friend of him leaves nearby. But as I walked few more houses I still saw his shadows. I stop to look at him confuse on why is he trailing behind me.

 

 

"I'm sending you home?" he told me before I can even asked him why? Leaving me dumb folded

 

Sending me home, why?

 

"It's not nice to let a girl go home by herself at these late hours. I'm making sure you got home safely", he said smiling at me innocently. I think I caught his cheeks flashing red before he looks down and scratch the back of his neck. 

 

"OK", that's the only two letter words that came out of my mouth as I still can't believe what I'm hearing. 

 

 

HEOL! Am I really being walk by Jason toward my house? I took a glimpse of my side trying to see if the illusion would disappear right before my eyes and this is just actually a dream, a very beautiful one.

 

"Is there something wrong?" he asked.

 

Omoo!! If this is a dream. DONT EVER WAKE ME UP, I BEG YOU. 

 

"Pilsook?"

 

"Aniyo, it's just...Aren't you busy with your showcase?" I asked since he should be busy preparing for it. 

 

I saw how his expression changes upon hearing my question that I somehow regret asking. He looks away with a sly smile and I wonder what's wrong as his face somehow darkens. 

 

"I don't even know if I should do it anymore"

 

What?!? 

 

"Eh! why?" It seems I’m out dated with Jason news since I've been busy with our own showcase.  Did something happen?"

 

"It's just that I don't feel like doing it anymore", he turns at me "I found something much more fun to do"

 

"Something much more fun?" that‘s sure caught my interest "What is that?"

 

His eyes glint as he leans closer to whisper something to my ears. 

 

"A secret", he teasingly said. He leans away and put his hand on his pocket turns around and walks ahead. My two hands automatically went on my chest as I was rooted on my place trying to calm my racing heart. 

 

His hot breath, his voice, the way he looks at me it was something my heart is trying to handle right now. I swear I'm going to die from happiness if this goes on. 

 

"Pilsook let's go!" he called out to me waving. 

 

Jason stops from walking and turn to his right. "Where here", he then said looking up. 

 

Here? I look at what he was looking. I didn’t realize he was already in front of my house and Omoo!!! He was looking straight up to my room. Wait! Thus, he knew it was my room up there?? 

 

Aniyo!!! That's impossible. 

 

"Go in, it’s getting cold", he then told me gesturing to the door. 

 

"eum", I nodded "Thank you"

 

I reach our doorstep and turn to look back at him seeing if the dream finally come to an end and the main character disappear. But he was there standing and smiling at me.

 

"I'll see you at school tomorrow", he then said waving goodbye. 

 

---

 

I drop head down on my bed and start wiggling like a worm as my spazz attacks begin. I scream on my pillow from too much giddiness and bounce like a mad man on my bed. The smiles on my face almost tear it into two as I keep telling myself that I'm such a lucky girl. If everyday would be like this it felt like Pilsook just won the lottery.

 

I sing with him in a noraebang, ride the bus with him and he even walks me home. Kyahhhhh!!!!!!!

 

I fall out of bed after rolling back and forth and after a few minutes heard a knock on my door. 

 

"Honey, are you alright in there?" mom asked worried.

 

"Yes, omma I'm fine", I reply back lying stiff on the floor.

 

"You sure"

 

"Yep, I'm ok"

 

After hearing her walks away, I sat up staring at the door for a few moments before sighing in relief. I'm glad my mom didn't thought of entering my room or she'll be surprise on how pathetic I look spazzing just because Jason walks me home. 

 

He FREAKINGLY WALKS ME HOME!!! I grab his photo on the side and twirl around before dropping back on my bed. Then my spazz attack suddenly stops as I realize something. 

 

'HOW DID HE KNOW WHERE I LIVE?'

 

~o0o~

 

A/N:

hi, do you remember me? It’s been awhile.

I just want you to know.

I’m still alive.

*breathes in, breathes out*

And I’ll be back. ^^