A New Beginning

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

Pilsook's POV

 

"Pilsook deducted 50 points, again", the professor said.

 

"what?" I felt my world crumble as I heard it from her for the third time.

 

"But I didn't gain any weight", I told her in a lowtone. I actually lost some weights after trying her instructions though sometimes I forgot about the meal thing.

 

"But you didn't achieve the weight given to you either", she said shaking her head as she leans on the table on the side

 

Eventhough how hard I try, I can't possibly lose weight that fast. I bit my lower lip hanging my head low as the professor took something on her table and then handed it to me. I look up at her confuse.

 

"starting tomorrow, you wouldn't be attending my class. You'll be transfer in the preparatory class. I'm sorry"

 

I took the paper with shaky hands as I fight back the threatening tears. I wipe one that had escape with my sleeve as I leave the campus.

 

 

---

 

 

"Everything will be fine", Jonghyun said patting my back.

 

I had come for my guitar lessons but instead of learning something about guitar. I ended up crying my eyes to him.

 

"But that means I cannot use the dance studio or even the practice room", I sniff

 

Being in a preperatory class means no music allowed. It means to give up on dreams for other student it is also called music grave yard.

 

"And that means you can't practice with Jason"

 

"eh, did you say something?" I wasn't really sure but I think I heard him mumble.

 

"No, nothing", he smiles.

 

'Oh, well. I guess I misheard'

 

"Look at the brighter side", I look at him confuse.

 

"Brighter side?"

 

"ne, you don't have to look after your weight any longer. I can treat you for a snack", he said wiggling his eyebrow while giving me his infamous smile.

 

I let go of a soft laugh as I look at him. He sure lightens up the mood by talking about food in this serious matter.

 

"ani, I still need to look after my weight.  I don't want to stay in that class that long"

 

"Come on Pilsook, it wouldn't be that bad. From that class you can enjoy yourself slowly while learning and maybe you can make new friends"

 

After thinking about it, he does kinnda make sense. Maybe it will be a good opportunity for me to slowly get on the top, relaxing and enjoying school without pressure and maybe the student there were nicer than those in my previous class.

 

"Yeah, maybe your right", I said wiping my tears away.

 

"uhmm, but you shouldn't let your guard down. You still need to strive to reach the top, arraseo?"

 

"arraseo, now where are we going to eat?" I asked him battling my eyelashes. Maybe the treat is still on, I was hoping.

 

“to shindangdong!!!!", he said as he raise his hand pointing to the door

 

"ddeokbokki!!!!!!!", I cheered clapping my hands as shindandong is well known for its yummy ddeokbokki.

 

He picks up my things and we headed to the snack bar area.

 

---

 

The next day…

I was silently listening to the conversation outside their classroom battling with myself if I should enter the classroom or not. It seems that they already starting discussion but it wasn’t about any music lesson. It has something to do with the girl name Hyemi, the one being bullied by the student.

 

I heard she rashly challenge Baekhee in the upcoming evaluation. The professor was lecturing her about that, but she insists that she will succeed and then mumbles a quick.

 

“Please help me”

 

Will that professor really going to help that girl? I heard many things about her but she doesn’t really seem to be that bad, cause if she’s then, they wouldn’t be any friend willing to protect her from those bullies. I think I’m going to get to know her better before judging her unlike the others.

 

The guy on Hye-mi’s left also request for help not just for his friend Hyemi but for all of them to get back to the class. He even shared a saying his old mother tells him.

 

“If a wall appears, you can knock it on its side and it’ll become a bridge. If the three of us push with all our strength, can’t we turn that little wall into a bridge?”

 

I stay froze on my place as I heard his words. He was right about that maybe this professor can really help us achieve our goal. Like Hyemi he was also a talk not being an effective teacher but what if he is our only way out of this no music grave. I find hope emerging inside my heart as he gave his goal.

 

1st goal is to make sure Hyemi beats Baek Hee.

 

2nd goal is to make the three returns to the art class.

"Can you Make that four?" I said peeping at the door, they all look at me with wide eyes.

I hug my boy doll tighter gaining the courage to take a step forward. I step in introducing myself as I fix my glasses.

"annyeonghaseyo! I'm Kim Pil Suk that was assigned to the college preparatory class today", I smile giving them a little wave as they continue to stare at me.

 

After the introduction the class has been dismiss and he told us that he’ll call us later. This class is very different, nothing is going on while others our taking idol session classes. I miss my class though the people here are actually much nicer like the guy name Song Sam Dong the one who had a one on one battle with Jason. He had welcomed me with a smile and even got me a sit but I miss the music session. I came to this school to learn music. And also  I miss Jason I no longer had a class with him not like before. I sigh, I wanted to see him. I stare at my boy doll for awhile and he keeps starring back at me.

 

‘should I go take a look?’

 


---
Later that day, Professor Kang Oh-Hyuk our teacher called us back to school. We sneak in the music studio for the class. I silently sat on the bench as the professor started his lecture.

 


"As you all know,students of the college preparatory class cannot receive any performing arts lesson", he begun.

"Therefore, the dance room and vocal practice room are off limits as well"

I move my head to the right pouting, eotteoke?

"so, our class starts from now, when the performing students' lessons are over. But let's not get this to us. -Hyung Sul Ji Gong*, let's engrave those words in our heart"

"Just get to the point", Hyemi interrupted, she was sure short tempered.

"Oh, okay"

'finally'

"the topic for this end of the month assessment is song conveyance. Mr. Gong Min Chul will be administering the assessments"

"Song conveyance?" Song Sam dong  who is sitting next to me asked. I tilt my head to look at him and saw the determination in his face.

"It will be a test of how well you can convey your emotions to the listener, and how much the listener will be absorb in your song rather than displaying your singing abilities or vocal techniques, you use your acting and expressiveness to....deliver your emotions to the public”

 

I nod agreeing to everything he said then he took out his phone and plug it to the monitor, and the real lesson begun. I can’t believe it, this teacher actually spied on the regular class recording there session and now he asks us to watch it and follow the instruction of Mr. Gong. Well, I guess this isn’t bad since we’re going to learn it the way Jason, I mean the regular class student did it.

---


Jason’s POV

 

 

The evaluation is getting near and everyone seems determine to get a high score after Hyemi challenge Baekhee. They really are well affected by the two rivalries. Mr. Gong the one handling the evaluation enter the class and begun preparing the lesson.

 

I sat near the far end of the room. I was still waiting for door to open since there still one more student missing. I was sure I saw her pacing back and forth in the corridor awhile ago. Where could she be?

 

The professor started the lesson but she hadn’t come yet. Maybe she didn’t feel good that’s why she decided to skip the class. I decided to get my focus on the lesson as the teacher started.


"Using your acting and expressiveness..to deliver your emotions to the public. that's what I, Mr. Gong, will teach you. You’re not singing what's on the sheet of paper. But you're singing emotions that's the goal of today's lesson. Do you understand?”


I just gave a slight nod. Class seems a little bit interesting.



The Prof. then instructed to stretch our facial muscles. I was hesitating in doing it, do we really have to? I look around and saw everyone complying. Then he told us to follow him making weird faces.


"Using only your facial expressions, quickly express the situation I will tell you"



"You found someone you love"



'aisht, this is easy'



"You are to be married with that person you love"



"Yes!!!!"I said holding my fist a little higher and having a wide smile on my face. Well that's what you supposed to say in that case, right?


"But that person suddenly died a day before the wedding"



"God!" I once again said with broken expression letting go of a sigh and looking up.



'I'm doing good'



"But when you went for the funeral, there was another lover besides me"



"But it turns out that lover was my long lost sibling"

 

The class ended and we went on to the next class but still no Pilsook. My eyebrow starts to connect as I expect to see her here to talk about our practice. The class was about to start so I went to Jo In Sung who was acting as leader as usual.

 

“Hey, it’s seems like we’re missing someone”, I inform him.

 

“No, were not”, he told me confident.

 

“But it really feels like someone is missing, should we count off?”

 

“aisht! If you’re talking about Kim Pilsook she no longer belong in this class”

 

“What?”

 

“She’s drop to the preparatory. Let’s start guys”, and he called everyone while I stay frozen on my place. Pilsook was drop, but why?

 

‘this can’t be happening’

 

I didn’t know how it happens but I find myself on my way to the preparatory class classroom.

 

“Hey, Jason?” someone called me from behind making me stop.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I think I left something”, I lied.

 

“In the prep class?” he eyed me suspicious.

 

‘what the hell was I doing here?’

 

They both look back at me.

 

“If you’re looking for the prep class student, they are no longer at school. There class has been dismiss early”

 

“It’s like there still got something to do here”, the girl with him said with a laugh.

 

“Ani, I’m not looking for them. I think I drop my pen somewhere here”, I lied as I search for my non existence pen on the floor. When they finally left me I headed to the practice room maybe I can find her there, but I didn’t. I forgot they weren’t allowed to go the practice room either, I run my hands through my hair letting go of a sigh. This means she can no longer practice with me, I even started to learn piano from her but then our lessons will be cut off because of this..No! I got, I mean she got to do something about this. I don’t want to lose a good teacher, she need to get back to the regular class, she have to.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

 

in the previous chapter Pilsook isn't in the same class with hyemi, though she got different class from Jason since Jason is a transfer student who just re audition while Pilsook is someone new.

 

I hope everythings clear guys..

 

this story is still in episode 5..kekeke