The Fake Showcase

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

Jason's POV

"I see you dude later", Nick said after dropping me to school. He has to do some errands first but he promise to watch my performance though I told him he doesnt have to. I just gave him a nod and proceed to one of the teachers who led me to the dressing room.

"You'll be the first one to step on stage so better get ready soon", one of the prof told me as she paths my shoulders and gave me a reassuring smile. "You'll do great"

I know. I just gave her a sly smile and proceed to check on the outfits hanging in the room. Well, they seem to prepare a lot for this day paying all the best designers, make up artist and stage directors. They are obviously showing off.

"Morning!!", Ri-ah beam out excitedly as she enters the room smiling to everyone like she always do but her smile drops once she saw me. She raise her brows at me then turn to call someone to do her make up.

"Okay, every one are you ready?" Prof. Seung Hee asked as she makes her way into the room. We all greeted her and turn back preparing for the show. She went her way to Soo Hyun who needs some repair for her clothes. She's the one assigned to check on the costumes and make sure they are perfect for the performance.

“Does this look bad?”, I heard Ri-ah asked as her assitant handed her, her dress. 

“It looks okay, why?” I asked as I turn to look at her “Why is it bad?”

Ri-ah turn to me with a grimace. I have no idea what's her problem is but her attitude is showing once again. 

“Jason, you must stay next to me. This way, people will be able to notice you more”

What the hell is she talking about? Damn it. Why did she have to repeat Professor Shi's words. Does she really think I need her? She is really getting in my nerves. Is she trying to tell me that I got no talent to be recognized by the other. HA! looks who's talking.

I look away trying to hide the irritation I’m feeling. She doesn’t know what she’s talking about. Calm down Jason. Calm down.

She then stood up from her sit to face me and I can see annoyance in her face.

“I’m so as unhappy as you are. Being on same stage as you”

"What did you say?" Now, I can't hide my irritation as my jaw clenched. This ugrateful girl after all I dod to help her out. No wonder no one wants to stick with her.

Fine, I’ll show them I don’t need her. I walk out with my hand bailed into a fist. Who need this damn boring showcase, anyway. Tss.

I haven't gone far away from the room when I overhear a teacher on the phone. He was saying that he needs to go back to the school to pick up the MR CD.

I stop on my track as I listen carefully. Did, I heard it right he needs to go back to the school?

“Okay okay, I’ll go back and get it”

So he is really going back to school.My eyes gone wide in realization. Pilsook and the others are having their own showcase at the school. They'll be in trouble if someone finds out. This is TROUBLE. I need to do something.

“Excuse me teacher”, I called stopping him “Where are you going? We are about to start”

“Back to school. They said they sent the MR CD there”

“Let me go then”, I volunteer with a smile. 

“Why should I let you go?” he then asked suspicious. 

Why should he let me go? Shocks, need to think fast...

“I left my clothes as school”, will this do? “I will email the MR to you”

“What?” I ignore him.

“You said it was in the teachers office, right?” I said as I run out without hearing his reply. 

At school...

The school is very quiet at the moment that you wouldn't have any idea that something is about to happen. I wonder how are they preparing for their own showcase. Its too quiet here. Hmmm, I guess I should better hurry before they send someone else to pick up the cd.

I rush to the teachers office and found the CD at the top os the first desk. I open a laptop and check if I got the right one and immediately send a copy to the venue through email. I took the cd with me to be sure and went out of the office.

“Teacher Kong, I sent the file. Can you confirm it?” I called him on my phone just to make sure. 

“Good job now hurry back”, he then told me from the other line.

“Yes, I’m going back now”, I then said and hang up. 

After ending the call I held the CD and smile to myself for doing a good deed.

“Ms. Sushi, you should thank me”

I was on my way back when I heard her singing stopping me on my track.

“There are so many personalities in this world. Although one might say they are correct”

How can someone ignore such a beautiful voice. I feel bad that she wasn't able to become part of the real showcase. She deserves to be part of it more than anyone else.

By the way, why do I have to go back to that place?

---

 

Pilsook P.O.V

I was practicing my piece with professor Jiman as my duet turn solo. I wonder where did Jingook go. We cannot contact him since he dissapear this morning.

“Jinguk start from here right?” Prof. Jiman asked as he look dissapointed. 

I nod in response. 

“It’s really pitiful...It really is”, he sigh. “Should I gave a try?”

"What?!?", I was taken aback. Me and him performing? Omoo!! I didn't imagined that. He is a good teacher, really. But can I say he goes overboard most of the time.

“Should I?”

“It’s okay. I’ll do it myself”, I don’t think the song will fit him. 

“Okay then...”

I started vocalizing once again thinking he already given up the idea. 

“Why don’t you want to do a duet with me?” he asked leaning closer.

“What? No, its not like that. It’s nothing like that. I think, I would be better of doing a solo”

“Is that so?” his face lighten up with relief.

“Yes”

Mianhae, Prof Jiman. I know he just want to help but I think I can do better on my own. 

“Can I be counted in?”

"Hmmm", I heard a familiar voice making me turn to see who it was while Pof. Jiman suddenly runs somewhere to hide himself. "Oh! Jason", my eyes gotten wide as I look at the guy leaning on the door frame. Are we busted?

Jason smile as our eyes met. Or maybe not. He won't tell anyone, right?

“Why are you here?” I ask standing up from my sit.

He is smiling sweetly at me as he comes forward. 

<*badump. badump. badump> Is there someone playing a drum near by? or is that the sound of my heart beating for him. Why is he so beautiful even in this situation. PIlsook, get a hold of yourself. I scold myself as Jason now is standing infront of me.

“That’s the song that we both sang at the karaoke, right?” he asked ignoring my question. He snaps his fingers “Let’s sing together”

Am I dreaming? Me, singing together with Jason? Not in a karaoke bar but on the stage infront of many people, infront of my parents. Me and Jason.

“Don’t you need to go to the showcase?” I asked remembering he isnt suppose to be here. 

"It's boring there", he said with knitted eyebrows but his sour face fade as he stares back at me. "So can we sing it together?", he asked sounding like a kid as he flashes his billion dollar smile at me.

I got blinded with that smile of his that my soul floats to heaven. Oh my gawdh!! Jason wants to sing with me. He is asking me if he can sing with me but why does it feels like he is asking me to marry him. Aigoo!!!

I do. 

I mean "Well, I'll be pleased", I told him as I feel my cheeks burning. I fix my glasses and look back at him. "But won't you be trouble because of this?" I suddenly asked him worried. What if he gets in trouble because of us. He is going to perform in our showcase with me. Our showcase meaning the fake showcase we came up to, he is going to perform with us eventhough he is part of the real showcase.

“So let it be then”, he answer not even worried about it. 

If its okay with him then maybe we should do it. Sing together, perfrom together. I love the thought of us together. 

I was in my own little word when he walk to the table beside us. 

“Mr. Yang, you can come out now?”

Eh? Where did Prof. Jiman go?

I look at my side and find him underneath the make up table. What is he doing there?”

"Did you see me?" he asked before standing up and Jason is trying his best to control his laughter. "So did you see me?" he laughs akwardly before turning serious. "If you tell this to the other teacher, I'll be in trouble"

Jason motion zipping his mouth as he smiles at him “I’ll keep this a secret”

Aigoo, who wouldn’t fall for this angel. 

---

“Are you sure about this?” Pilsook once again asked Jason as they now preparing for the show. “You might get in trouble”

“You worry much. I told you I’ll be fine”, he then said as he put on his jacket. 

They'll be the one performing first making Pilsook excted and nervous at the same time. She grabs the mic on the table as Professor Jiman told her to be ready. She breath in and out to calm herself and Jason notice it.

“Are you alright”, he asked walking to her side.

"I'm fine", she told him though she hasn't calmed yet. She was nervous and her hands is starting to shake. She never felt like this before, like the stage fright just came out somewhere in her system.

"You sure?" Jason started to worry.

Pilsook looks at him "This is the first time my parents will be watching me perform.. Not as an extra but as the main lead. I better do well, right?"

“You’ll do well. Relax”, he then said as he place his hands on her shoulder. He gave it a light squeez and flash her a reasuring smile.

“Pilsook up you go”, Prof Jiman called out. 

“Yes”, she answer. 

"Ms. Sushi", Jason called out as she step on the stairs "Hwaiting!!", he said cheering her, she nod and smile. "I'll see you on stage soon", he added as she walks up to the stage.

The lights dim and the show starts. Pilsook stand stifly on the center of the stage as she started the song. 

---

Pilsook's POV

The lights dim. I took in a deep breath and let it out still trying to relax. I close my eyes and let myself drift into the music.

Everyone is looking at me anticipating. My parents I saw them with teary eyes. They waited for this day to finally see me perform on stage.

I'm no longer the fat girl who sings behind the stage. Today this stage is mine.

<*jason enters>

I smile as he finally went his way to the stage eying me. He moves freely like he owns it. Looking at him I finally feel at ease.

We owns it. This stage is ours for the mean time. Yup, today im not alone. Jason is with me.

----

Jason's POV

"We'll done Ms. Sushi", we high five after finishing such an awesome performance.

Hella that was fun. It feels great standing in the same stage with her eventhough it was not the real showcase  I feel so satissfied.

We went back to the dressing room to get back to our school unifrom as the next stage is being prepared.

"Jason ppali", Kim Pilsook called me and drag me out of the dressing room after getting change.

Hyemi and Samdong are the one going to perform now and Pilsook is so excited for this stage.

"Havent you seen their performance during rehearsal?" I cant help asked her.

She looks at me with a pout. "This one is going to be different"

"Different?"

The lights once again dim indicating the perf is about to start.The lights then focus on the two figure. Hyemi and Samdong standing on the stage and the song begun.

We are standing at the second floor watching their performance and I can say Pilsook was so engross with it as she cant help smiling as she watch the two.

"Isnt Samdong great?" She suddenly asked 

"Hmm?" What's great about him?

"Listen carefully", she told me.

"The song. Its the first time I heard this song"

She turn to me smilng widely. "Samdong made it"

"Eh?" I was taken aback. He can wrote songs now?

"He is a genius", Pilsook continue.

I just need time and inspiration I can also do that. Tss!

I dont know why I suddenly feel bitter about it. Maybe I should try working hard aswell since that guy is improving everyday. A threat. Yes I see a threat in that guy.

"Hey Jason where are you going?"

"I'm going back to the dressing room. I left my phone there"

"Ah okay"

I went down the stairs to go back to get my phone when I saw a guy came out from the room.

Isnt that pilsook guitar teacher? What is he doing here? My eyebrow creased but it eventually fade as another though occupy my mind.

Right, he is here to watch the performance  I hope he likes what he saw. Especially Pilsook performance with me.

It was a perfect stage. Forget about Samdong and Hyemi's stage ofcourse Pilsook and my performance is the best we're jjangs.

I put my hands inside my pocket and walk inside the dressing room proud of myslef. I took my phone on the desk.

I was about to leave when something caught my eyes. A RED ROSE IS LYING NEAR PILSOOK DOLL. The doll she always carry around.

Red rose?

---

Pilsook P.O.V

Omoo! What's this? I was surprise when I saw the red rose rose lying beside my doll. Where did this came from? I look at the mirror and saw Jason's reflection. He was leaning on the other table pre occupied by his phone but he eventually look up and caught my eyes. I smile and so did he.

Kyahhhh!!!! Jason is so sweet.

"What is he doing here?" Hyemi came in not looking good seeing Jason.

"Err- he is helping us out", I beam at her blushing with the red rose on my hand.

Hyemi look at it then look at him.

"No harm done amazona. Just helping out", Jason then said with a sly smile. I think those two are not in good terms.

"Hyemi he did a great job anyway", Samdong then said. He is behind Hyemi.

"Thanks", Jason told Samdong with a nod.

Hyemi sigh and walk past him. She sure doesnt like Jayson. I wonder why?

"Uhmmm, Jason" I called him after Hyemi left.

"Hmm?" He turn to look at me.

"Uhmm, thank you", I said blushing.

"How many times are you going to thank me. I told you its my pleasure to perform with you", he smiles.

"Ahhh its not about that", I shly said. He look at me confused.

"Then what is it?"

"This", I held the rose higher for him to see.

"Oh that", he seems surprise. "Sorry but that's not from me"

My smile faded, my hot cheeks gone cold and my hand drop.

"Then.." I look at the rose in daze then back at him.

He shrug his shoulders telling me he dont know before walking away.

If he is not the one that gave me the red rose. Then who could it be?

 

~o0o~

A/N:

It took me almost a year to write this chapter and I really feel sorry to all readers. This is taking longer than it should be. My sincere apologies. Its really hard working alone on this since I'm busy with school. If you remember or read the authors blabbering. I wasnt alone when I started this but as the stories goes on. I was left alone to do this on my own. I wonder if I'm doing a great job.. mianhae.

That person who push me to do this. I wonder if she'll ever come back for this but I'm really grateful to her since she was the one who introduce me to this amazing site. This are the sites that became my escape from the real word. And I'm glad that I also meet lovely people here.. ^__^

Don't worry guys, I would keep me promise not to give up on anything I started. I'm gonna see this till the end. But it's up to you guys if your gonna do the same or you'll drop this from your library becasue of the slow updates. I'm not going to force you to continue reading this..

 

Sorry and Thank you for reading. I'll be back again.

This is the longest a/n I wrote so far. *-* and its kindda dramatic heol!

nae style aniya. mianhae. -__-

 

p.s please be patient with me. ^^*