Disapointment

Milky Couple (Pil Sook and Jason story)

Jason’s POV

 

I just arrive at school when I saw Go Hyemi glaring at me. I stop on my tracks getting confused in what I did this time. I never really do anything to her but she keeps giving me those looks. I was about to ignore her when she calls me, so I turn around to face her.

 

“Are you and Ri-ah dating?” she suddenly asked.

 

What a straight question from a not so straight girl. I believe there is something wrong with her, the way she looks at things.

 

“what?” I can’t help but chuckle on her question.

 

“that question is answereable by yes or no, not with another question. So are you and Ri-ah—“

 

“No, we’re not”

 

“but you eat lunch with her?”

 

“Yes, one time”, I nod as I remember her treating me for lunch but it was just a way to say thankyou.

 

“you meet her parents?”

 

‘eh? Where did this question coming from?’

 

“No”, I answered getting more confused.

 

“Are you dating her?”

 

“I already said, No”, I repeated myself.

 

“good”, she said with her straight, scary face, “I already told you about innocent girl so you better watch your action”, and so she turn away.

 

Is this still about me managing a fishing ground? Or maybe she’s interested with me?

 

HAHAHA, very funny Jason, don’t be a fool . She’s definitely not the innocent girl she was talking about.

 

“What the hell was that?” Nick appear beside me. He hasn’t leave so I guess he heard and saw everything. “interrogation?”, he look at me questioning, “Who is she?”

 

“the girl I’m talking to you about”, I answered.

 

“The one who called you a jerk? She looks cute”

 

“Cute?!?” I look at him in disbelief. How could that girl be cute? “bro, I think you need to go to an eye specialist”, I told him patting his shoulders before entering the campus.

 

There is only one person that cross in my mind when I heard the world cute and that is the little girl I met when I was seven and still her cuteness is still fresh in my mind like a yesterday memory.

 

Okay, I’m lying. There is actually two people that cross my mind.

 

I took the stairs smiling with the lollipop on my lips. I definitely can’t wait for the partnering for the showcase that is something I am looking forward too.

 

 

 

Pilsook’s POV

 

 “They are not dating”

 

I was washing my tears stain face in the bathroom when I heard Suzy voice from behind. I look up and caught her reflection in the mirror. She was leaning beside the door with her arms crossed on her chest staring directly at me.

 

“what?” I asked unsure of what she’s talking about.

 

She started to walk toward me held me by the shoulders and making me turn to face her. I look at her confuse as she stare back at me then sigh.

 

“Jason and Ri-ah are not dating so stop crying your eyes out”, she then said letting me go.

 

I felt my world stop to revolve as I was frozen from my place. Hyemi shook her head looking at me before turning around.

 

“but what about the—“

 

“rumors, not true”, she wave off and headed out.

 

They.

 

Are.

 

Not.

 

Dating.

 

I repeated it slowly inside my head before it truly sink in making me jump in glee.For days I cried as those rumors circulate in the campus. Jason and Ri-ah dating, meeting after school, Jason confessing to Ri-ah and a lot more romance going between them makes my heart explode in pain. I told myself in repeat that I was fine, that I should be happy for him but then my heart and eyes won’t listen and they just went on tearing like there’s no tomorrow.

 

I spin around rejoicing and caught my refelction in the mirror.

 

 

 

'eh, why are you so happy?' I asked my reflection in the mirror which has a wide smile on her face.

 

 

 

"Jason and Ri-ah really?" I turn around as the door once again open revealing one of the students on the phone. She stop looks at me from head to toe and return back on her call.

 

 

 

Rumors.

 

 

 

My lips twitch into a small smile as I remember Hyemi’s word, I trust her words. She's already my friend after all and I believe she wasn't lying just to cheer me up.

 

 

 

"Mood swings?" Samdong asked as he looks at me with wide eyes as I sat down on my chair.

 

 

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

 

 

"You are gloomy and lifeless earlier but it seems you became livelier after your visit the comfort room", and with that I heard Jin-gook chuckle.

 

 

 

"Did you perhaps eat something bad this morning? I'm glad you already relieve", he look at me with a mocking smile before both of them burst into laughter.

 

 

 

"It wasn't like that. It's just—", I said in a low murmur feeling a little embarassed about it as they continue chuckling.

 

 

 

"Yah! can you guys lower your voice down", Hyemi who had her head resting on her table said as she glare at the two boys who immediately shut their mouth.

 

 

 

I'm really thankful of her today.

 

 

 

Mr. . Kang hurry in the classroom smiling happily as he posts something beside the board. It’s a poster of the upcoming showcase. I wonder if that has something to do with us?

 

 

 

"Hey, do you all know?" he asked.

 

 


We all watched him confuse as he walked to his table still with the smile plastering his face. I guess this is also one of his luckiest day.

 

 


"Half-Admission Class students who get to participate in the showcase..", he pointed at the small poster and our eyes followed curiously.

 

 


 "You are the first", he said happily.

 

 


"Chinchayo?"

 

 


"Wohhoooooooo!"

 

 


Samdong and Jingook cheer rings inside the room as I stare at the Mr. Kang not believeing what I heard earlier.

 

 


'did we really make it to the showcase?'

 

 



"mmmm...definately", Mr. . Kang confirmed, "Because those in the Half-Admission class leave the school voluntarily.Therefore they did not have a chance. Anyway,you were all truly amazing"

This is really for real.

"If that's the case, Teacher, are the four of us forming a group to perform onstage?" I asked excitedly.

Aigoo, this will be my first time stepping on stage. I already feel giddy about it.

"Who knows? Think about this carefully. ah! Everybody knows that during our showcase, you can invite your parents to attend.Invitation has to be sent to see how many will attend"

"Pilsook?"

"For me, both my parents said they will come", I answer happily since they where all up to support this dream of mine. I'm really going to make them proud.

"Two tickets”, he said listing it in his notes “how about you Sam Dong?"

"Um me? Just one ticket for my mom", he answered.

The teacher nodded and continue "And you, Hyemi?"

"Forget about me. If there was someone, they might not be able to come."

I wonder why that is, Could her parents be overseas?

Mr. Kang cleared his throat as if he knew something then he turns to Jingook.

"Don't include me too, my parents aren't here", his mocking tone earlier gets a little bit lonely as it drops.

"What are you saying?" Mr. Kang looks at him in disbelief "Last time in the hospital, I heard you speak to your father on the phone. At that time I also receive..."

"not here", he cut him off "You are mistaken"

I felt the atmosphere becoming gloomy as we heard that only Samdong's mom and my parents are the only one coming for our class. I saw pain in Jingook’s eyes before he hang his head low as the class turns silent.

Then everything turns upside down as we heard a broadcast about the showcase. Everyone attention turn to the speakers.

"The first half of this year's showcase is schedule at the end of this month. There will be prominent figures from the entertainment industry who may sign with you. They will personally confirm your potential. But what a pity, this stage is not for everyone. From first grade to third grade altogether five groups will be allowed to take the stage."

I squeeze the doll I was holding tighter as we continue to listen.

"The previous selection, based on the end-of-month assessment results, will be changed To select participants more fairly"

What?!?" Mr. Kang muttered.

"What does that mean?" I asked. "Isn't it the end of evaluating, you choose good people?"

"Can it be, because they don't want us to participate therefore have this idea", Hyemi then said.

And she does make sense.

"For one year to evaluate only the end of the showcase of the participants selected using only the final evaluation results is insufficient to select showcase performers therefore add the audition score.whicherver of those top-ranking five percent…”

"Audition results?— We were specially selected, therefore we have no audition results, right??" Samdong then said.

"Why has the audition results suddenly been added to the criteria?"

"Like you said, dirty tricks", Jingook told Hyemi."It means that the half-admission class cannot participate in the showcase"

"What?" I felt my dreams where shaken once again. Why are they doing this to us?

I heard Mr.  Kang slum the table as I fight back the threatening tears due to disappointment as I rested my head on the table.

 

 

 

After class…

 

 

 

I just took some of my things from my locker with a heavy heart. I still can’t believe it, how could they do this to us? We work hard for the evaluation to reach the top but our hard work just end up to nothing. This is a school right, they should be helping us reach our dreams not pushing us down and crashing it.

 

 

 

Unlike the three, I got my audition score but don’t won’t still help me, make it in the top 5 since the principal just gave me a passing grade due to my appearance, this is really so unfair. I slam the door of my locker real hard due to irritation not aware of the people standing near.

 

Jason’s POV

 

We were in the middle of the dance class when the announcement is made.  Why did they sudden change the criteria, that was something I didn’t expect although I’m confident that I can make he showcase no matter what.

 

I let go of a sigh as I heard the latest criteria, what’s wrong with this school? They just make it impossible for the other student who top the evaluation to make it to the showcase and they still call it fair.

 

And so they announce the top five, with me on the lead. I waited patiently still hoping that her name will come up  but as they announce Baekhee as the fifth student, I cant help but feel disappointed as I shook my head.

 

“What’s wong? Aren’t you happy we make it?” Ri-ah pop out from myside asking that question.

 

I just look at her and shake my head as I went on to grab myself a drink. Prof. Shi then called us five in a corner. She hand me some papers which I hand out to the others. It was the piece will be performing. So everything has already been prepared.

 

She went on explaining about the showcase giving us some tips and key points so we can attract entertainment agency to sign with us. I believe we just need to show them our skills to prove that what’s with those silly tactics?

 

“Number one, number nine”, she called us making me tilt my head up to look at her.

 

Did she perhaps read my thought?

 

"You two have a duet to practice. Let's set another rehearsal time"

 

 



What is she talking about? I look at her in disbelief. Is she still planning on pushing me to Ri-ah to get my popularity high?

 

 


"Us two", I turn at Ri-ah who was just sitting behind me.

 

 


"Us two?" I repeated.

 

 


"Don't like it? Then swap with another", she suggested and that was exactly what I’m planning to do. I was about to answer but Ri-ah beat me too it.
 

 

 

"No need. I like it", she sounded a little bit giddy to me and that made me shut up.
 

 

 

<*sigh>
 

 

 

This isn't what I plan on doing.

 

 

 

I saw the corner of Prof. Shi's lips quirk upward and that just irritates me. I knew she’s the one that came up with this idea. She still thinks that Ri-ah can help me a lot in my career but I definitely had no plan in using her popularity. I can do it in my own.

 

 

 

“Jason!” Ri-ah called out as she run her way toward me.

 

 

 

“What?” I try not sound irritated.Honestly, I’m just not in a good mood right now.

 

 

 

“Can I come with you?” I look at her in disbelief, “I got nothing to do and no where to go”, she said battling her eyelashes.

 

 

 

“Why don’t you hang out with your girlfriends, I heard you gain a few, right?”

 

 

 

“but—“

 

 

 

“Ri-ah, I got something to do on my own plus there are also some rumors circulating in the campus about us. It’s not healthy for both of us”

 

 

 

“It isn’t?”

 

 

 

“Yes, it isn’t so if you will excuse me”, and so I walk out.

 

 

 

The rumours about us had already gotten to me as my hyungs started asking me about it. I was shocked hearing those stupid rumors, now I know why Hyemi come up with those questions. She just invited me to lunch and then this happen. Everybody thought we are going out since she always follows me around but then due to me not being aware of it, I let her. And now I got caught with a duet with her, tsk!

 

 

 

I went to my locker to get my headphones that I left inside my bag. I already got what I needed and was already closing the locker when I heard a loud Bang a few steps from my place. I turn around to look who it was.

 

 

 

‘Oh! Pilsook? What’s up with her?’

 

 

 

Standing not far from me was Kim Pilsook, she let go of an iriitated sigh before hanging her shoulders low as she look down and started walking.

 

 

 

I move forward blocking her path. She look up at me with her eyebrows connecting and lips pouting then she gasp as her eyes widen and her lips parted.

 

 

 

“Oh”, then she gazed away biting her lower lips as I watched her curiously.

 

 

 

“annyeong”, I then gave my greeting as I didn’t expect my sudden action.

 

 

 

Why did I block her path?

 

 

 

“Co—congrats”, she once again look up at me but then look down as she say those words. She then bowed down and walk to the side leaving me behind.

 

 

 

She congrats me but then she looks really down. I wouldn’t ask why cause I knew exactly what’s wrong, even I was disappointed about it. I turn around and watched her back as she left the campus.

 

 

 

I wish I can cheer her up.

 

~o0o~

 

Since it's a special day to me I decided to update..kekeke

sorry for making you guys wait..

I'll try to update again after midterms..

annyeong~♥