33

Will you open your eyes and look at me?

*Ding Dong*

Seungho pressed the button.

"Yeobo! Can you send the butler down? We need to bring some things." Seungho said.

In Seungho's house.

Seungho laid Eunjung on a bed in the guest room.

"Seyoung-ah, use the room you usually use when you come over which next to Hyeyoung(Seungho's daughter) unni's" Hyeyoung is 14 years old.

"Nae, uncle"

End of Seungho's POV

9:00pm

Eunjung's POV

"Yeobo... Please don't leave us... We even have a baby who is still not born yet...." I woke up.

"Eunjung-ah. Are you alright?" my brother said who was sitting next to her.

"Oppa.... did they find him? Is he rea...really... "

"I got a call that they found him. He will be sent to AK funeral center. Eunjung-ah, we should prepare for the funeral..."

"No.... He.. He is alive... He has to be alive." I started to become crazy.

"Ham Eunjung! Make your mind straight."

"NO... Oppa... Joon-oppa has to be alive... I can't accept this. I have to look for him. He might be home already..." I was saying nonsense and tried to get out of the room.

"Eunjung-ah! It's no use!! He is dead!" my brother yelled.

"Yeobo....." I sat down on the floor.

"I will prepare the funeral. You should rest." He helped me get up.

Seyoung and I stayed in my brother's house for several days.

 

Friday of the week, we held the funeral.

My brother, Mir oppa, Chundoong oppa, and G.O oppa stood next to me with Seyoung. Their wives were helping with the dining hall.

"Eunjung-ah, you should go to the back room and rest." my brother told me.

"Oppa... I don't want to leave Seyoung-appa by himself..." I said as I kept greeting the people who came to the funeral.

"I'm so sorry for your loss, Mrs. Lee." It was Jongsuk-ssi's voice.

I shook hands with him.

"Thank you for coming...."

That night.

I went back to my house by myself while Seyoung is still at my brother's house.

"Yeobo... Joon-oppa.... Why..... How.... I still don't understand...." I was crying as I was holding on to his clothes.

"Yeobo, why did you leave me while I'm still pregnant? What are you trying to tell me? I... I really hate you now..."

 

After several days, Seyoung came back home and we will be living by ourselves from now on.

"Seyoung-ah... From now on, I won't be able to help you with your things... Ahjumma will do everything for you... Omma has to take over your dad's place in his company... Mianhe..."

"Okay omma... I'm going to school..." Seyoung left the house.

I got ready to go to MO Company and start working. My parents-in-law passed away several years ago so there was no one to take over the company. So I had to give up on my compnay and work for MO from now on.

After several weeks.

After work, I went home and saw a car.

"Mrs. Lee" Jongsuk-ssi came out from the car.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I just wanted to see your face... to see how you are doing... Now that I saw, I'll be going."

"Wait!"

He stopped.

"Did... did you eat dinner?"

"Umm.. no...."

"Why don't you come in?" I said and opened the gates.

"Omma!!" Seyoung yelled running down.

"Seyoung-ah say hello to a friend of your appa's and mine."

"Hello....." She was kind of shy.

"Hi... So your name is Seyoung?" Jongsuk-ssi asked her.

"Yes... Lee Seyoung..."

"Mr. Lee, why don't you take off your coat and wait. I will see if dinner is ready."

"Oh... Okay."

After we ate, Seyoung went to her room to do her homework.

"Eunjung-ah if you need help, call me... okay?" He said as he gave me his namecard.

"...." I couldn't say anything.

"I'm going. Thank you for the food."

"Drive safely... Also... I'm sorry for being cold to you always."

"It's okay..." He left.

 

After 4 months, I gave birth to a baby boy. His name is Sehoon.

"Yeobo... Can you see? He looks just like you..." I said as I looked at him.

"Omma, let me see let me see." Seyoung tried to look over my arms.

"Here." I showed her little brother.

"He is ugly...."

"Don't say such thing to him. He is really handsome. Right? Sehoon-ah?"

"Eunjung-ah!" My brother came to check on me.

"Oppa!" I tried to stand.

"Stay down. I'm sure you are not fully recovered. You are already 42..."

"Oppa! Do I look that old? I look like I'm in 30s... Stop teasing me with my age..."

"Okay okay..."

"Sohyun-unni, can you take out Seyoung for a while? I need to talk with oppa."

"Okay." She took Seyoung out to the lounge.

"Oppa..."

"What is it?"

"12 years ago, Seyoung-appa and I talked about something..."

"What is it?"

"About death... If one of us died before the other, we said we would re-marry for the children's sake."

"Eunjung-ah...."

"Oppa... I'm scared to raise two children by myself. Seyoung is only 11 right now."

"I won't go against you this time. It's your life and you are old enough now... I can't protect you anymore."

"Thank you for understanding me...."

"But... choose wisely.."

"Thank you oppa!" I said as I hugged him.