16

Will you open your eyes and look at me?

Eunjung's POV

Next morning, I woke up and I was having a bad headache. Good that it was Saturday.

I went down stairs and saw father watching news and omma doing her own thing in her office.

I went to the kitchen and asked the ajumma for breakfast and she gave me toast, cereal, fruits.

"When I saw the whiskey bottle in the recycling bin, I remembered the incident last night, in the playground. Joon oppa.... he.... confessed to me... Should I just say I don't remember anything since I was drunk? Should I say I like Mr. Lee? Should I say I don't want to date anyone right now?

I was so confused that I dropped the glass of honey water that ahjumma gave me and Father turned around to see what was all that noise.

"Ahgassi(Mistress), Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" Ahjumma said.

"I'm fine, I'm sorry for causing you more trouble in the morning."

"What happened?" Omma came from her room after hearing the noise.

"It's nothing...." I said and just kept eating.

"Eunjung-ah, let's go to the hospital today. It's time for you to check on your body and also let's see what we can do about your burnt skin. You never went to hospital since you left to France which is 4 years ago. Do you have anything going on tonight?"

"Omma, I'm fine. Also I don't care about my burnt skin. I can find somebody who cares for me even if I have burnt skin. Also it will go away eventually."

"Yeobo, do what she tells you to do. It saves up money too. She says she doesn't want to go to hospital. Let her be." Father said still watching news.

"See? He doesn't care for me like I said yesterday." I said and left to go to my room.

I got changed and went to the salon to do my hair since I didn't have time to go after I came back from France and got my make up an went for shopping at our company's mall: AK mall.

Since my face is still kind of burnt, I was wearing sunglasses and I was wearing common people's clothings since I didn't want people to see my face like that and find out that I was the daughter of AK company.

I went to dress sections and tried out some of them but the manager and the workers were looking at me weirdly. Of course they would look at me like that.

After trying them, I decided to get 3 of them.

When I was about to buy them, a girl who was about same age as me came and asked for the dress that I was buying. She looked like a well-living family. The worker said the one I was getting was the only one left. The girl told me to not buy that and she took out her card. I was kind of mad because how dare she just snatch it like that.

I told the worker to call the manager of the whole mall. So the manager came. He has been the manager for more than 30 years. He saw me since I was little.

"Long time no see, Mr. Kang. I came back from France few months ago. So the situation is like I got that dress first but that young lady is trying to take it away from me. Should I give that dress to her?" I asked calmly in his ear.

"Ms. Ham! Oh, my, you grew up so much that I rarely recognized you. Excuse me, Ms. Ham. Miss(talking to that girl), I'm sorry but you cannot buy that dress."

"I'm the daughter of JC Bank's CEO. You can't tell me what to do."

"It is reserved for the daughter of AK company's CEO."

"Then tell her to come here." The girl said arrogantly.

"She is already here, miss." Mr. Kang pointed at me.

"That commoner is the daughter of the company? You got to be kidding me."

"She don't have to buy anything from this mall and just take them but she was being nice that she came all the way here to buy things. How dare you...." I cut off Mr. Kang.

"Mr. Kang, you can stop now. (Talking toward the girl) For your information, my name is Ham Eunjung, the daughter of AK company's CEO, my brother is Ham Seungho who just got married, I'm sure you heard the news. I'm the one who just came back from France as you heard from the news. Also, I own this mall and few other malls that are under AK." I said as I took off my glasses.

"Miss Ham! I told you to wait for us." My driver, my secretary and my bodyguard came running from the elevator.

"So... you.... are really the daughter....." She muttered.

"Hana-yah, those workers and that girl has been treating me like a commoner since I was wearing some commoner's clothes. What should I do?"

"Do whatever you wish to do...." Hana(my secretary) said.

"Then, tell my father to fire them, actually, I can do that myself too. Fire the workers and buy the JC Bank under my name and change it to a magazine company."

"Yes, Miss." She answered.

"(Talking toward the girl) I'm sorry but your family will be bankrupt in 24 hours and your house will be covered with red stickers. I'm sorry for taking away your stuff." I said and left after buying the dresses.

That girl was following me asking for my forgiveness but my mood was not right for me to undo what I said.

"Mr. Bodyguard, can you take care of that girl until I get in the car? Thank you." I said.

Then I went to eat lunch at my brother's place. They also sell some regular food too.

"Oppa, I came to get something to eat."

"Why are you dressed up like that?" He said laughing at me.

"Oh, I wast kind of acting like a commoner."

"Why do you look so happy?"

"I just bought a company."

"What? Which one?"

"JC Bank."

"How?"

"The daughter of the CEO was being rude to me in my mall, the one in Bundang. So I bought the JC Bank and changed it to Magazine company."

"Wow..... My sister is all grown up." He said as he was making me something special.

"Guess what."

"You slept with a boy."

"Oppa! Shut your mouth or I will buy this building too. You know that I have more money than you right now since you are just working in this place while I work in a company."

"Sorry... what is it?"

"Yesterday, I drank a bottle of whiskey and went outside on the playground..."

"Again? Stop going to the playground when it's cold outside at night."

"Just listen. It's a big news."

"Fine."

"I called Joon oppa since I was kind of sad because of father. So he came and guess what he told me."

"He told you that he likes you." He said without even looking in my eyes.

"Whoa... How did you know?"

"What? REALLY?" His eyes went wider.

"Yeah... He even kissed me and hugged me yesterday."

"He kissed.... kissed you?"

"Yeah... What should I do?"

"What is your feeling toward him?" He said as he gave me the food.

"Well...... I.... don't know. I didn't say anything...."

"Then let me ask you one thing. Do you have someone you like right now?"

"I don't know..... "

"What do you mean by saying I don't know to every question?"

"I.... Well.... I.... I got asked to go on a date today......"

"Who?"

"Mr. Lee.... Lee Jongsuk.... The grandson of the CEO of the company I'm working for."

"What? What is your plan?"

"I'm not telling you. I'm sure you will ruin my date again just like the one I had with Mir oppa 4 years ago."

"I won't. Just tell me."

"Never." I said as I started eating.

After 10 minutes

"Thank you for the food. I'm going now."

"Hey! Pay for the food!!"

"Put it under my credit!." I said.

I went back to my house and change into something nice this time. I fixed my makeup and chilled until Jongsuk-ssi texted me.

"Eunjung-ssi, I will pick you up from your house. So don't need to drive."

I replied and waited until he called me to come out.

I went down stairs to watch something until he comes.

"Eunjung-ah, are you going somewhere?" Omma asked.

"Yeah. So go to sleep first if I come late."

"Where are you going?"

"Don't worry. I won't be staying night somewhere else."

I saw father going out of the kitchen and into his office.

"Why is father at home? I thought he liked to play golf whenever he had time."

"He said he wanted to stay home these days."

"It's kind of bothering for me since I used to live in this house by myself or with oppa."

"Don't say that."

I got a call from Jongsuk-ssi.

"Jongsuk-ssi? Yeah, I'm ready. I will go out now."

"I will be going now. Don't call me okay?" I told omma.

End of Eunjung's POV

No one's POV

Eunjung'a father was hearing what they were talking about. He was kind of worried since Eunjung said she might be late tonight. Even though he is harsh on Eunjung now, he used to love Eunjung more than Seungho because Eunjung was born so little that she was weak as she was born.

 

Thank you for reading and commenting and subscribing:)

Please comment more:D

-taraeunjung0409-