18

Will you open your eyes and look at me?

On Saturday, it was father's birthday.

I left the present on the kitchen table and left early in the morning.

End of Eunjung's POV

No one's POV

Eunjung's father came out of his room around 9:00am. When he saw the present box on the table, he opened it since it said 'To Father'

'Could it be Eunjung?' When he opened it, he saw a tie with a small note saying 'Happy Birthday...''

around 10:00am, the family had a birthday party and the family memebers gave him gave him presents.

"Did Eunjung not leave you a present?" Eunjung's mom said.

"It's okay. Don't scold her." her father said.

"Are you okay? Why do you care for her?" Seungho said.

"Just be quiet and eat."

End of no one's POV

Eunjung's POV

I hope no one else got the present...

I just went to Han River and sat on the grass. I actually didn't have a thing to do. I lied down on the grass and was trying to take a nap.

when I woke up, I was in a room.... It looked very similar to me.

When I looked on my right side, I saw omma and on my left was father.

"Omma? Where am I?"

"You are at the hospital. What were you doing at the Han river? Are you stupid? You can't stay outside in the cold air for a long time!"

Omma started scolding me.

"Omma mian.... Who brought me here?"

"Somebody who noticed you and called the ambulance."

I looked over to father and saw he was wearing the tie I gave him that morning.

I smiled at him and he smiled back. It was like the first time seeing his smile over a decade.

"Yeobo, can you go out for a minute? I want to talk to her." Father said.

"Huh? Sure... But don't shout at her. She is still weak." She went outside.

"Eunjung-ah...."

"Yes?"

"Thank you for the tie...."

"Sorry I wasn't at the party today..."

"Eunjung-ah... I'm sorry for being so cold to you... I'm sure you don't like a father like me..."

"Father... It's not like that.... I...."

"Eunjung-ah... Will you call me appa again?"

"....." I couldn't answer him because I... have been calling him Father for 20 years...

"Yeobo... Can I go in now?" Omma yelled as she came inside.

"The doctor told you to stay at hospital for a week. I think it's the wor that's making you more weaker then you were before."

"Omma.. I need to go to work. I already used all of my breaks when I burned myself."

"Eunjung-ah!" my brother came running.

"Be quiet!" Omma yelled at him.

"Sorry..... " He said.

"I want to sleep now......" I said and they went back home.

Next day, when I woke up, I text Jongsuk-ssi that I won't be able to go to work this coming week.

Then I went for a walk on a wheelchair. Then a rock was stuck on one of the wheels. I was struggling strying to go over that rock.

Somebody helped me from pushing the wheelchair.

"Thank..." When I turned around, I saw Joon oppa. I guess my brother told him.

"Eunjung-ah, I made up my mind.... I wil just be a friend of yours again. We can be like that right?"

"Oppa...."

"Let's go back inside. It's getting chilly." He pulled my wheelchair to my room.

When I got back, I saw a text message from Jongsuk-ssi.

He said it would be fine and asked where I am. So I told him where I was.

After an hour, Jongsuk-ssi came over ith a baske full of flower.

"Eunjung-ssi, are you okay?"

"Jongsuk-ssi.... Why did you come?"

"That's the reason why I asked you where you were."

"Eunjung-ah... I will go back for today...." Joon oppa said.

"Okay... Bye oppa!" I said.

"Eunjung-ssi... What happened again?"

"It's nothing to worry about..."

"Let's eat lunch. Let's go to the cafeteria."

"Will you be able to eat the food here? I'm used to it since I've been spending half of my life in this hospital."

"I can eat everything so don't worry."

After we ate, I tried to sleep while Jongsuk-ssi sat next to memy bed

I was trying to sleep but I couldn't since I he was next to me. So I pretended to sleep and after an hour, He was getting ready to leave but he came over to me and I could feel his face come closer. 

He kissed me on my lips and said "Good night.... Princess."

When I heard him close the door, I got up and touched my lips. I felt so nervous.... He is the second one calling me princess after my father did when I was very little.

After few seconds, I heard somebody coming in so I pretended I was sleeping.

"Eunjung-ah! Ham Eunjung!" Omma yelled at me.

"I know you are not sleeping. Get up..."

"What is it?"

"Who is that guy that just came out?"

"Omma.... He... He is my group's leader from company."

"Why would he be here? Is that the flower he brought?"

"Omma... I need to rest.... I will tell you everything once I get ready..."

"I will just asusme he is your boyfriend.... Hehehehe"

"Omma!!!"

"Okay okay... I will stop. Just go to sleep. I came to check on you."

After a week.

One day, Jongsuk-ssi invited me to his house.

"Eunjung-ssi, let's go inside. I live by myself so don't worry about facing adults..."

But in front of the door, I saw a pair of heels and 2 other pairs of shoes.

"Grandma, When is oppa coming?" A girl's voice said.

"He would be back home soon."

"Grandma? Grandpa? Why are you... Jiyeon?" Jongsuk-ssi said as we went inside

"There he is" Grandpa said.

"Oppa!!" the girl, Jiyeon came running and hugged Jongsuk-ssi.

"Get off of me." He said as he let her go off of him.

"Who is that girl?" Jiyeon asked.

"It's none of your business."

"Jongsuk-ah, is that a way to talk to your fiance? She came back from Italy afer 5 years."

"Grandpa! I said I'm not going to get married to her! I broke the engagement few years ago!"

"Lee Jongsuk! Anyway, who is that lady behind you?"

"Jongsuk-ssi.... I will leave..." I said as I put back on my heels and walked outside.

"Eunjung-ssi!" I heard him yelling toward me.

End of Eunjung's POV

Jongsuk's POV

"Oppa, I came back to get married now." Jiyeon said.

"Grandpa.... I'm going to marry a girl I like."

"Yeobo.... Why are we going through this again? Remember when Eunjung wanted to get married to the butler?" Grandma talked with Grandpa.

"Jongsuk-ah... Ms. Ham... The formal president... She got married to someone who was not meant for her... Her Butler... Do you know what happened to both of them? Eunjung got into an accident and The butler killed himself. Do you want to end like her and the butler? Listen to your grandpa and grandma."

"Grandma!"

"The two of you get married next month. Then Jongsuk-ah, you will become the president." Grandpa said.

End of Jongsuk's POV

 

Thank you for readin my story!

Subscribe and comment:D

-taraeunjung0409