15

Will you open your eyes and look at me?

Eunjung's POV

When I got better, I went back to the company and I saw Mr. Lee talking with one of the members of the company. I thought he was talking something really important so I just went up to the office and sat down and turned my computer on. Next to my desk, I noticed a flower with a note:

"Welcome back to work Eunjung-ssi... Great to have you back. -someone-"

I kind of get who gave me this flower. I saw Mr. Lee coming up and we eye-contacted each other and he gave me a smile.

"Welcome back Eunjung-ssi, we all missed you. Right?" Mr. Lee said and every people agreed.

"Thank you:)" I said.

At lunch, Mr. Lee took me to the rooftop and he brought something with him.

"What is it?"

"It's my special homemade lunch." He opened it and I saw some food that looked really great.

"Let me try one." I took a bite of a sandwich but it didn't taste right but I ate it anyway since he would be disappointed if I didn't.

"How is it?" He asked with his eyes full of expectation.

"Well..... I think it's okay...." I said and his face became somewhat frozen.

"So.... it doesn't taste good?"

"Well, I think it's pretty good but it can be better..."

"Oh.... Okay... Let's just go out and eat." He was trying to throw away the food.

"That's not what I meant. I will eat it." I stopped him and continued eating.

After lunch, we went back to work. When we finished, my driver came to pick me up but Mr. Lee stopped me. 

"Eunjung-ssi, wait!"

"What is it?"

"Do you have time this coming weekend?"

"Yeah.... Why?"

"Well, why don't we go watch a movie?"

"a movie? Uhm.... Sure....."

"Okay, let's go this Saturday at 6pm and we will have our dinner before. Okay?"

"Okay."

"See you tomorrow."

"See you!"

I went back to house and saw my sister-in-law in the kitchen.

"Eunjung, did you eat dinner yet? I'm making dinner. If you haven't had dinner yet, why don't you wash yourself and eat with us?"

"Why are you here? Just stay in your own house."

"Ham Eunjung!" I heard a deep voice. It's my father.

"Who taught you to be rude to your sister-in-law?" He scolded me.

"Abeonim, don't be mad at Eunjung. She must be tired from work."

"When did you come back? I thought you wouldn't be back until next month." I asked.

"The project we were doing went pretty well so we cam back earlier. Is that a way to greet your father?"

"I'm sorry. Welcome back, father. By the way, your daughter might have died few weeks ago, if you can see the scar all over my face and body." I greeted him properly and went to my room and locked the door.

End of Eunjung's POV

Seungho's POV

I heard over what Eunjung and father were talking from the front door. Eunjung went up stairs.

"Appa, when will you stop being mad at Eunjung?" I followed him to his office.

"Don't you remember what she did to you?"

"That was like 20 years ago! Also, she was in danger for two times already. Her eyes got almost blind 10 years ago and when I was away for honeymoon, she got her whole body burnt. Aren't you sorry for her? Mom and you never went to Eunjung's school event and never paid attention to her. At least omma calls her often."

"....."

"Appa, I think there is no one who is as miserable as Eunjung."

"Get out." He said.

End of Seungho's POV

Eunjung's POV

That night, I took out a bottle of whiskey from the pantry and started drinking it. I just felt so miserable. I never felt father's love in my whole life. Started to cry and talk and omma woke up and came to kitchen and saw me.

"Eunjung-ah, what are you doing? Stop drinking and go to your room. What if appa wakes up?" She told me.

"Omma..... Is he really my father? Normal father would ask what happened to my scars first, not worrying about daughter-in-law first."

"Stop drinking drinking. Just go to sleep. Hurry." Oma said.

"What's all that noise?" Appa came outside and saw me all drunk.

"Go up stairs!" Omma pulled me up.

"Abeoji, do you think of me as your daughter?"

"I don't anymore startng today. Get out of my house. I don't have a daughter who gets drunk in front of her parents." He went back to his room.

"Yeobo, can you let it slide just for today? Eunjung-ah, go up stairs to your room right now."

"Omma, I will go for a walk for a while...." I stood up and went outside.

I went outside and sat on the playing ground swing that I used to since I was little.

I don't know why but tears kept coming out and I was crying like a baby. I needed someone to talk to. Who I can tell everything to. I took out my phone and I noticed a number that I can call. Joon oppa.

*Oppa?*

*Eunjung-ah. Say.* I think he was falling asleep.

*Oppa..... I'm sorry but can you come outside to the playground?*

*Right now?*

*Yeah.... If you don't want to, it's okay...*

*No, I will go. Wait 2 minutes*

*Okay.*

 

After 3 minutes, Joon oppa came outside and sat on the swing next to mine.

"Did you drink?"

"Yeah... Do I smell that bad?"

"Well.... It's first time seeing you drunk."

"Oh.... I was just too upset...."

"Why?"

"It's my abeoji.... He.... never gave me love. At least I never felt his love."

"Eunjung-ah..."

"Oppa.... Does he not love me? or Am I not his daughter?"

"I... I don't know what to tell you.... but..... I.... know that there is someone who loves you more."

"...." I didn't say because I didn't understand him.

"Eunjung-ah, there is a girl I liked.. actually loved for 5 years.... I fell in love on the first sight. But she went on a date with my friend until she sent to study abroad. When she came back, now she is dating someone from her company... And I dont't know what to do with my feelings...."

"Oppa, why are you being so shy? Confess to her already! It's not or never!" I said kind of awake from drunkness

"You sure?"

"Yeah! Why wait?"

Then he leaned forward and kissed me. I was frozen because I didn't know how to react. After few l seconds, I pulled away.

"Oppa! What are you doing?"

"You said to confess to her. And I did it."

"wait... So that girl is me?"

" Yes....."

"Oppa....  Wait.... I think I'm still drunk..... I keep hearing something really weird...." I said standing up.

He stood up too and hugged me.

"Oppa.... Let me go.... I think I need to sleep now." I tried to get off of him.

"Eunjung-ah....." He let go of me.

I walked away from him because I never thought he would be like that to me.

 

Thank you for being patient with me and reading and subscribing and commenting....

Please comment more so that I can get more idea from you:)

-taraeunjung0409-