17

Will you open your eyes and look at me?

Eunjung's POV

When I went down, I noticed Jongsuk-ssi waiting for me out from the car.

"Why are you waiting outside? It's hot." I said.

"It's okay. Hop in." He said as he opened the door for me.

When we arrived, we sat down and started eating.

When we finished, we went to watch the movie. It was already 8:30.

We bought a bag of popcorn and two drinks.

When we were watching movie and eating popcorn, our hands were touching each others. It felt very weird. Then when there was a lovey-dovey scene in the movie, I felt Jongsuk-ssi looking at me. Then he took my hand and he held it firmly.

My heart was beating really fast.

When the movied ended, he was still holding on to my hand.

It was 10:30 at night and he took me back home and we arrived around 11:00.

"Thank you, Jongsuk-ssi...." I turned around to get off from the car but Jongsuk-ssi pulled me over and kissed me on my cheek.

"Thank you for accompanying me today." He said and I got out of the car.

He left and I waved at him.

When I looked at the house, the living room light was still on. So I thought somebody was awake.

When I unlocked the door and went inside, the light was turned off. That was really weird. Was somebody perhaps waiting for me to come home safely?

I went to sleep thinking of the kiss he gave me and the moment when we held hands.

Next day

I woke up and went down stairs to talk to omma.

"Omma, when did you go to sleep yesterday?"

"Around 10, why?"

"Becuase I saw light on when I arrived which was 11:00."

"It might have been your dad. He said he had something to do."

But the light got turned off when I opened the door. Does this mean that he was waiting for me to come back home? Why would he though?

"Oh, on the day of your father's birthday this year, we are just going to have a family party. So don't miss out on this one."

"Why? Just have a regular ball room party. These days, I'm kind of busy with work...."

"Yeobo, just let her be if she is busy." Father came out of his room with newspaper in his hand.

Then I got a text message from Joon oppa.

*Eunjung-ah, I want to talk with you. Can you come out to the cafe in front of our old college?*

*Yeah, I will be there in an hour.*

"Omma, I will be going out in an hour. I'm not sure when I will be back. So don't worry about me."

I went up stairs and took a shower and changed and got ready to go out.

My driver was standing outside but I told him that I will just go myself.

I rode a bus and a subway to get to the cafe and I saw Joon oppa waiting outside for me.

"Why didn't you go inside and wait?"

He didn't say anything but just opened the door and let me go inside first.

"Oppa, so I thought about what you said but I think I..."

"Eunjung-ah, why can't you look at me? It has been 5 years now. I waited for you when you were with Mir, when you were in Paris and do I wait again for that guy in your company?"

"Oppa, You have been just a brother to me just like Seungho oppa...."

"Eunjung-ah...."

"Oppa, I..." Then my phone rang. It was from Jongsuk-ssi.

*Hello?*

*Eunjung-ssi, I just called you to let you know that starting tomorrow, I will pick you up and drop you off before and after work.*

*you don't have to do that....*

*It's something I want to do.*

*Okay.... I will see you tomorrow....*

I hung up and saw Joon oppa just staring at me.

"Oppa, I... I can't stand this situation anymore. Let's talk later...." I wanted to avoid this situation since I didn't want to ruin my mood.

I stood up and walked outside and went back home.

When I arrived home, I took shower and looked at the calendar in my room. It's father's birthday this coming Saturday.... Should I get something for him?

I texted Jongsuk-ssi and asked him what would an old man like.

*I think a tie or a wine would do fine. Is it your father's birthday?*

*Yeah... I never bought a gift for him...*

*Why don't we go after work tomorrow?*

*Okay.*

I noticed several messages from Joon oppa. I didn't even read it and just left them alone.

Next day after work, Jongsuk-ssi and I went to a shop that sells men's stuff.

When we went inside, the workers came up and helped us choose a tie for my father.

When we were about to buy the tie and leave, somebody came inside to buy a suit that he customized. It was Joon oppa.

"Ham Eunjung. Why did you not respond to my message? Let's talk today."

"Oppa.... I can't talk to you.... I't getting harder for me talk to you if you come out like this. I will contact you when I get ready to talk to you. Jongsuk-ssi.... Let's go..."

"Ham Eunjung!"

I just left him and went inside Jongsuk-ssi's car.

"Eunjung-ssi, let's go for dinner tonight?"

"Why don't we go to my house and eat? My parent would probably be out for work today. Our chef is pretty good."

"Sure, why not."

We went to our house and saw Sohyun in the kitchen with my brother.

"Oppa! I told you to stay at your house and not come to this house."

"Hey, little sister. This house is also our house. I lived here for 30 years now."

"Unni(calling Sohyun), what are you doing in the kitchen? Where's Chef Lee?"

"Oh.. I told him to leave early and I was cooking for dinner tonight."

"What the..... Oppa!"

"Wait.... Who is that guy next to you?" Oppa said standing up.

"Oh... I'm sorry, Jongsuk-ssi... That guy is my brother. You probably have seen him on his wedding. Sohyun unni, she is my sister-in-law. Oppa, unni, Jongsuk-ssi is my group leader in company."

"Why did you bring him here?" Oppa asked.

"Uh... He helped me get something today so I was thinking about eating dinner at house together but you two were here too."

"Why don't you come in and sit?" Sohyun offer him to sit at the kitchen table.

"Let's go in, Jongsuk-ssi." I said and took his coat and placed it on a hanger.

Oppa pulled me over to a hall way.

"Who is he?"

"What do you want to know? I said he is my group leader."

"What is your relationship with him out of the company?"

"Oppa, I will tell you everything later. Let's eat. Okay?"

"Fine."

We started eating and Jongsuk-ssi left.

"Now tell me." Oppa said sitting on a chair in my room.

"We are sort of.... nevermind. I will tell you when it gets more clear."

"What? then what about Joon?"

"I don't know.... Just go back to your own house now." I pushed him outside of my room.

 

I'm so sorry for the late updates.... I'm really busy with my school stuff so I can't write often...

please subscribe and comment!!

-taraeunjung0409-