31

Will you open your eyes and look at me?

Next day, Seyoung came back home after school and after-school activities.

"Wash your hands." I said as I prepared snack for her.

"Omma..."

"Wae?"

"Are you still mad at appa?"

"Me? Oh, no. I'm not. By the way, starting today, we are going to have a chef, Mr. Park."

"What? But... I want omma's food!!!"

"Seyoung-ah, mianhe but Omma is tired of cooking everyday..."

"I want omma's food!" She started to cry and bounce up and down.

"Seyoung-ah, even if you do that, It's too late.... Whenever I have time, I will try to cook. Eung?

"No. I don't want someone else's food."

"Why is it so loud?" Seyoung-appa came in taking off his coat.

"Appa! Omma is not going to cook anymore?" She said as she cried.

"Seyoung-ah, we have to understand omma. She has been tired because of the housework that she had to do. We could have used more Ahjummas but she said she wanted to do things for you."

"I DON'T WANT OTHER PEOPLE!!!" She started to scream.

"Lee Seyoung! Who told you that you can scream in front of your parents?" He scolded her.

"Omma!!! Omma!!!"

"Yeobo, I think I should talk with her..." I said as I took Seyoung to her room.

In Seyoung's room

"Seyoung-ah..."

"I hate you omma!" She said as she lied on her bed.

"Seyoung-ah... " I lied next to her trying to look at her eyes.

"Go away! I will just die of starvation" She said as she pushed me away.

"Come down for dinner when I call you." I said as I went downstairs.

 

"Yeobo, should I keep doing the housework?" I said as I sat on a chair in the bedroom.

"Seyoung-omma, you know that you don't have to. She is just being immature. I'm sure it will be over soon."

"I hope so..."

 

At dinner time.

"Seyoung-ah! Come down and eat!" I yelled from downstairs.

But she did not answer.

"Seyoung-ah?" I called her as I went to her room.

She was having a severe fever due to high blood pressure that caused from her screaming and stuff.

"Yeobo! Seyoung is really hot!" I yelled as I brought her downstairs.

"We should go to hospital. Get ready."

 

At hospital

"It's all my fault. If I just kept cooking and do the housework, she wouldn't be this sick..."

"Yeobo..."

"Seyoung-appa, what should I do?"

"Yeobo, everything will be fine. I'm sure she will understand you once she wakes up.

 

We came back home soon and I slept next to Seyoung that night.

Next morning

"Seyoung-ah, can't you understand your omma? I thought I did enough for you... My omma never cooked for me.... That's why I did this for 7 years. But.... I can't keep up with this.... Seyoung-ah..." I said as I looked at her sleeping soundly.

I called the school that Seyoung can't go to school and I called my secretary that I can't go to work.

"Yeobo, are you sure you can handle her yourself?" He asked as he was getting ready fo work.

"It will be fine.. You will be late. Hurry." I said

 

When Seyoung woke up, she came downs stairs.

"Omma..."

I didn't say anything.

"Omma...."

"Who's your omma? I thought you hated your omma." I said coldly. I wanted to fix her rudeness.

"I'm sorry omma.... I won't act like that again... Mianhe... I just didn't want to become like other kids in my school..."

"What about them?"

"Their parents are always out of country so they don't get to see them often... Whenever you go out of country, you always take me with you so I won't be alone. But if you don't cook, then you might come home late or not come home at all..."

"Seyoung-ah, come have a seat here." I said as I pat on the sofa. She came and sat.

"Seyoung-ah, I will tell you in advance. From now, I might not be able to take you with me when I go out of country. Also, I might have dinner with your appa and come home late. That means, you will have to spend time alone some times. I know how you would feel about it but your grandma, never cooked for me when I was little. I think 7 years are enough. Do you still feel like I should stay home all the time when you are home?"

"I want you to.... but.... I guess you can't..."

"Aigoo, you are still a baby... How can I live without you.... Let's eat breakfast."

"I love you Omma!" She said as she hopped on me.