Double lines

I Now Pronounce You Husband & Fangirl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a bit rated, as always. I'm a rated tofu after all. 

 

 

 

Seul-ki was coming home from the mart that day when she ran into a fat, white cat sitting at the foot of a lamp post. She squealed a little, squatted down and carefully patted the cat. It purred and seemed to be enjoying her and Seul-ki was letting out all sorts of gibberish words to say how cute and fluffy the cat was. But Seul-ki had to cook dinner before Sunggyu comes home so regretfully, she patted the cat for another time and said goodbye.

                So she began walking away while thinking what to cook for the day, and the next day and the day after when she felt something brushing her leg. She looked down and saw the cat looking up at her with a smile. Well, of course a cat can't really smile but to Seul-ki, it was smiling at her.

                "You can't follow me," she said, getting down her heels and made a miserable face. "You belong to someone, right? I mean, you're all fat and all," she said, feeling the cat's neck to see if there was any collar. "But you don't have a collar..." she sighed, "Go home, nekochan. Your owner must be worried about you. Goodbye, nekochan."

                With a heavy heart, she stood up again and began walking faster. She prayed that the cat wasn't following her any longer so when she arrived at the foot of her apartment, she looked behind. The cat wasn't following her, thankfully. Although she was a tad relieved, she still felt bad for running away and abandoning it like that. Sighing, she was about to walk when something brushed her legs again.

                "Nekochan! When did you?" she shouted, shocked out of her life. She squatted down again and patted the cat miserably. "I told you that you can't follow me. You've run too far from where you were sitting before... What if you got lost? Can you find your way home? Should I send you back? No wait," she said, looking at her watch. "It's late! Sunggyu-sshi will come home soon!" she looked to the left and right and then at the cat who was still smiling at her. Seul-ki gulped. "Guess I have no choice..."

 

                "I'm home," Sunggyu announced lazily, taking off his shoes at the entrance. "Seul-ki?" He stepped inside, with a bored face and looked around because Seul-ki wasn't answering him. He frowned and his bottom lip was jutting out as he scanned the living room. "Seul-ki?" He dragged his feet to the kitchen but there was no one either. The food was all prepared and smelled very good, making his stomach growled. He yelled louder, "Lee Seul-ki?"

                He almost had a heart attack when Seul-ki burst out from the second room and slammed the door behind her. She took a deep breath and gulped. "Oh Sunggyu-sshi, you're home!" she said, stuttering a little.

                Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. "What were you doing in there that you didn't even hear me?" Seul-ki gulped a little and smiled awkwardly. "Don't tell me you were watching TVXQ concert DVD again!"

                She nodded vigorously and gulped several times. "Yes! Yes I was... I was watching the Nissan concert."

                "Again? That's like the third time this month," he scowled.

                She pouted. "But it's really good! Yunho and Changmin sang just by the two of them for the biggest stadium in Japan! There were around-"

                "144,000 people who attended the concert during the two days," he interjected with a bored tone.

                "Ohh Sunggyu-sshi remembers!" she exclaimed.

                "Of course I remember. That was all you were blabbering about when I agreed to buy you the DVD," he sighed and walked inside their room with her trailing behind while laughing like a child. He shook his head in defeat and put his bag on the bed and then turned to Seul-ki who took off his blazer for him. And with a smile, she started loosening his necktie. Sunggyu had always loved this moment for some reasons; looking down at the shape of her nose and mouth and her long eyelashes brushing against her cheeks. He felt like each time, he'd fallen in love with her all over again. The way she concentrated on him had always made him a little giddy from happiness; especially when she put her hands around his neck to remove the tie and brushed their torsos together. Sunggyu closed his eyes momentarily and inhaled the scent of her shampoo and the mild perfume she was wearing. To him, it was the smell that made him felt at home.

                He sniffed in deeper to fill himself with those smells but there was another smell that he'd never smelt before. It wasn't the smell of her shampoo or the food. It was something that made his nose rather itchy. Frowning, he tried to figure out the smell was and Seul-ki who was rolling up the tie blinked rapidly at him when she saw his face.

                "What's wrong, Sunggyu-sshi?" To her surprise, he started sniffing her like a dog. She shrieked and backed away. "What is Sunggyu-sshi doing?!" Sunggyu grabbed her arms and started sniffing her hair but decided that it smelt normal so he began sniffing her neck and then the front of her torso. She struggled a little, out of embarrassment and was beginning to feel a little weird and jumped when Sunggyu suddenly sneezed. He rubbed his nose and frowned at her.

                "Did you play with a cat?"

                "There isn't any cat!" she said, with unnaturally high voice. Her heart began hammering.

                "I didn't say there is a cat. I'm asking you whether you played with a cat," he said, still frowning deep. "Did you?"

                "No I didn't," she said quickly.

                "You smell like Sungyeol."

                "What do you mean I smell like Sungyeol-sshi?"

                "I mean, you smell like his cat," he said, sighing.

                "No I don't," she said, looking up the ceiling.

                "Lee Seul-ki," he began, with authority in his voice. He narrowed his already small eyes and plucked something off the front of her blouse. It was a short white hair. Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. She gulped hard.

                "That's my grey hair!" she said, trying to grab the hair from him.

                He frowned in amusement and held the hair higher. "Obviously it's not. Your hair isn't as soft as this."

                "Then Sunggyu-sshi is saying my hair is coarse?"

                "I didn't say that. Don't change the topic. Did you or did you not play with a cat?" Sunggyu asked, shaking the hand gripping the hair. Seul-ki didn't move or say anything for a few seconds before nodding slowly.

                "Yes, I played with a cat..." she muttered, looking to the left, "Is Sunggyu-sshi allergic to cats?" she asked, quietly.

                "Not really but geez, the smell is strong and..." He narrowed his eyes again and was shocked to find that her blouse was covered with a lot of hair though at first glance but it wasn't very visible since she was wearing a yellow shirt. "What were you doing with the cat? Rolled around with it? And were you playing with some stray cats? Don't you know they have bacteria and parasites and fleas that can make you sick?" he said, with a sort of yelling tone.

                "It was a clean cat..." she said, with a really small voice because she knew arguing would probably lead to nowhere good.

                "Geez. Change your clothes before eating dinner. You don't want to eat those hair and gets indigestion or whatever," he nagged, while ing his shirt. "Or maybe you should take another shower," he said, suggestively without even looking at her.

                "But I've showered after cooking."

                Sunggyu frowned again and looked at her with assessing eyes. "So you cooked, showered and went downstairs to play with a cat?"

                He's sharp! Seul-ki gulped and shook her head. "No, I cooked, played with a cat and haven't showered."

                "Lee Seul-ki you're so confusing. So that means you have to shower, right?" He took off his shirt and handed it to her with a straight face. Seul-ki wasn't offering any reply as she stared at him, with puffed pinkish cheeks. "Don't want?" She shook her head rapidly and then nodded. He laughed weakly, "Which one?" Instead of answering him, she came closer and reached for his belt to unbuckle it. Sunggyu smiled.

                "But Sunggyu-sshi?"

                "Hmm?"

                "Do you hate cats...?"

                "Cats? Hmm... No. Not really. I mean, they can be rather noisy and leave poop everywhere and their hair will stick to your clothes and the sofa and all. They could sometimes be very violent too, with their nails and sharp teeth. But I don't hate them. But don't you think they're scary?"

                "Well, they're not as scary as dogs..."

                "I'm not scared of dogs!" he yelled with a panicky voice. "Why are you smiling?"

                "I'm not!" she replied, but she really was smiling widely. She rubbed her nose and sniffled. "Sunggyu-sshi is so cute." She chuckled a little and pulled off the belt from the loops and put it on the bed behind him.  She then ed his pants, and looked up at him with her fingers securing the zipper's head. Sunggyu's face was calm and waiting. She bit her lip and furrowed a little, "Just shower, okay?"

                He sighed and said lazily, "Yes, just shower. I'm hungry too. For food!" he said, when she glared at him. "Aish. Do you think I'm that erted?" She nodded her head and pulled in her lips to stop herself from smiling wider. Then she pulled down the zipper, pulled his pants down to his ankles and ran away laughing."Yah! Aish this rascal!"

                "I'm not a rascal!" she shouted from the bathroom, still laughing hard.

                "Okay then. You're a thug..." he said to himself and kicked away his pants. He entered the bathroom but Seul-ki wasn't in sight. "Lee Seul-ki?" He smiled to himself and walked towards the shower. "Are you going to keep hiding behind the door?" Seul-ki appeared behind the door with a big pout. "Come here, let's get you undressed."

                She choked a little; suddenly feeling shy. Of course, it wasn't even anything new but each time he treated her like this, her stomach will be filled with all sort of animals. She regretted pulling down his pants like that. Somehow she knew he was going to seek revenge and Sunggyu was very creative at coming up with those things.

                "Close the door and come here." She closed the door slowly and walked to him. Sunggyu grabbed the end of her shirt, tilted his head and smirked.  Then without her expecting it, he the shower, which immediately drenched them both.

                "Sunggyu-sshi! I'm still dressed!" she yelled.

                "I'm washing your shirt. It's full of hair," he chuckled as he grabbed her shoulders and pushed her against the wall. Then he kissed her hungrily, washing away all her emotions but the desire for him. She returned the kiss and wrapped his neck with her arms; pushing together their torsos. He pulled away and snickered, "Oops, shower only, right?"

                She did a big pout and a deep frown which made him laughed loudly. When he stopped, the mood had changed tremendously and they were no longer smiling.  Their eyes were fixed onto one another in understanding. Her fingers swayed across his chest, playing with the water running down his skin. Both started breathing through their mouths; their chest filling with heat. He removed her hand to kiss her fingers and pulled up her shirt and tossed it away while she glided down onto the floor on her knees. And they took a really long shower that Seul-ki had to reheat everything on the table for dinner.

                After dinner, Sunggyu sat down at the sofa as always, looking for something nice to watch. Seul-ki sat down next to him and kept on glancing at him nervously. Then she took a quick look at the door to the second room before looking at Sunggyu again. "What's wrong?" he suddenly asked.

                "N-nothing!

                "You're acting weird," he said, letting out a small laugh, "well, you are weird after all."

                "I'm not weird!"

                "Then you're strange," he replied and his attention shifted to a program on the television. Seul-ki went on sitting for about 10 minutes before she announced that she had to do some assignment. Sunggyu only nodded and went on watching the television so she slowly walked to the second room and closed the door quickly. The cat was sleeping on a futon that she'd laid for it and woke up when it saw her. Squealing because it was so cute, Seul-ki rolled down on the futon and hugged it.

                "I want to keep you... but you clearly belong to someone and Sunggyu-sshi doesn't seem to like cats..." she said, the cat. It purred. "What should I do, Bakira?" She tightened her hug and rolled around some more. "You're so cute!!! And soft!!! Your paws are so nice! Kyaaaaaaa~ AJSNDKANDIDQANKLODJHNIQ!"

                "Seul-ki, tomorrow-"

                She froze. Obviously she didn't hear the door opening and didn't expect Sunggyu would check in on her because he never did when she said she was doing assignment. His face was priceless and at other times she would probably laugh but considering that she was in trouble, Seul-ki remained silent. She sat up slowly, releasing the cat who meowed and walked over to greet Sunggyu who jerked away when it tried to rub his legs. Seul-ki quickly fetched it from him and put it on her lap, not daring to look up.

                Sunggyu massaged the bridge of his nose and sat down on the floor, very far from her. He sighed and opened his mouth but Seul-ki spoke first with a solemn voice. "He followed me from quite a distance and I was worried so I decided to take him home for the night. I promise to return him tomorrow..."

                "How did you even..." he sighed, "I mean, got past the guards? You do know that the management doesn't allow any pet."

                "I... stuffed him in my backpack," she confessed.

                Sunggyu felt like he was going to get a mental breakdown. "You should've left it. He's a cat. He knows the way home. Obviously it's someone's cat, look at how fat it is! People might think you've stolen it."

                "But I didn't!"

                "Of course you didn't," he said, sighing again. "Well, what's done is done. Let's go put him back at the place you found him, okay?"

                "But it's nighttime!"

                "His owner might be looking for it right now. If you were the owner, surely you'll understand how they'd feel, right?" he asked, studying Seul-ki's sad face.

                "Can't we keep it for a few days...?"

                "No," he said, firmly. Seul-ki stood up with a sour face, and walked over to Sunggyu with the cat. She sat down in front of him and put her hands under the cat's front legs to make it stand. He made a face but tried to control himself from jerking away.

                "Bakira is so cute, isn't he?" she said, sadly while studying Sunggyu's reaction. "Look at his tummy. It's so white and pure."

                "How do you know his name?"

                "I don't. I just named him. It's Junsu-sshi's cat's name," she said, trying to smile but she was still feeling sad. "Sunggyu-sshi, what if it rains tonight and Bakira gets lost again? Or falls into the drain with gushing water? Or what if he's bitten by a dog because he can't see properly at night? Poor Bakira..."

                "Cats can see very well in dark, Seul-ki and they're very agile. He's fat; I think even Ba-rock would be scared of him. He'll be fine. And his name isn't Bakira, so stop confusing him."

                "But what if I'm right?" she said miserably.

                "Seul-ki, if you steal someone's cat, you won't go to Heavens and Kim Junsu would be mad at you." Seul-ki flinched at the mention of Junsu's name and had to admit her loss. She put down the cat who immediately jumped onto Sunggyu's lap, scaring the s out of him. She didn't intend to but seeing Sunggyu's panicked face made her laughed loudly. He didn't even dare much to touch the cat and was a little pale. Feeling a little guilty, she took the cat and cradled it in her arms. Sunggyu wanted to scold her for laughing at him but seeing Seul-ki cradling the cat somehow diminished his anger and filling him with a strange feeling. "...You look like a mother," he said, unconsciously.

                "What...?"

                He flustered a little and scratched his cheek. "I mean, the way you hold the cat... How can you comfortably hold a cat like that but not a baby?"

                She blinked rapidly. "Well... Even if I hold cats like this and accidentally drop them, they'll be able to land on their feet. But if it's a baby, it'll be very dangerous. Of course I'll be very careful to not drop our baby," she said, the cat's nose. It closed his eyes and started purring again.

                "Our baby?"

                Seul-ki froze again and looked up mechanically at Sunggyu who was looking at her as if she'd say something totally unbelievable. She blushed. "Wha-what?" He said nothing but he smiled as he inched closer to her and looked at the cat in her arms. Then, with a careful finger, he touched its nose and frowned.

                "It's wet."

                Seul-ki laughed sweetly and they both spent a few minutes just staying like that with Sunggyu braving himself to the cat's forehead next. But his attention wasn't really on the cat, but Seul-ki, whose expression was the same as when she was holding Dongwoo's nephew before. His heart was swelling and fluttering.

                They went out after stuffing the cat inside her backpack and ped it when they've left the apartment compound while Sunggyu stared in horror. The cat stuck out his head, and looked around but made no effort to jump out. Seul-ki wore the bag on her front torso so she could keep an eye on him. Sunggyu was holding her hand, but he was also being cautious because he suspected the cat would jump out anytime. They walked in silence for a while before she spoke.

                "Sunggyu-sshi?"

                "Hmm?"

                "If... If someday we're going to have a baby, can we... plan to have it?"

                "Plan?"

                "I mean... like... doing it for the sake of getting a baby and not just getting a baby because we're doing it," she explained, in a quiet, embarrassed voice.

                "Wait, what?"

                "Planned pregnancy."

                "Oh..." he blinked rapidly to himself and then at the cat who was looking at him as if judging him. If anything, the topic certainly surprised him because Seul-ki never really talked about getting a baby. Maybe the cat induced something in her, he thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter