Win-win

I Now Pronounce You Husband & Fangirl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June  19, 2013

Sunggyu stood motionless in the middle of the room for a while before he went out, put on his coat and shoes and left the house. As soon as he was out of the building he gave her a call and waited patiently for her to pick it up. As he was too anxious to even ride a subway, he hailed a cab instead and went on waiting for Seul-ki to pick up her phone on his way to his workplace, which she never did. So, he began texting her.

 

Yah, Lee Seul-ki! Where are you?

 

Seul-ki was at uni, having a tour around the campus guided by a senior. Since it was faculty day, Myungsoo was someplace else and it was making her nervous being all around the other kids who looked just as lost as she was. After some briefing, they were brought to the lecture hall where some of the lecturers gave some introduction before letting them have some time to explore the uni themselves. Since the classes will only start the day after, Seul-ki decided to take a tour herself, though she had done so with Myungsoo the other day. She made no new friends as she was too restless, running away from the crowd as soon as they were allowed to leave. She sat at the park, took out her phone and furrowed seeing the missed calls from Sunggyu. She began reading the text from him.

 

"Do you really have to call me 'yah' even when texting?" She said, frowning at the screen.

 

Pick up your phone!

Where are you?

Lee Seul-ki!

What are you doing? Reply my text!

Yah!

Yah!

Yah!

Just tell me where you are.

Stop making me worry.

Come back home.

 

Seul-ki read the last text over and over and felt her heart softening a bit as she was reminded of what happened the night before. Sunggyu was being too much when he locked her out and gave her no chance to even give an explanation and it really made her upset when she was reminded of her memory as a child. At that thought, she stopped thinking about it, her face changing abruptly and she kept her phone away, looking up at the faculty building and people who were walking around the campus. She should be making friends but her thought was preoccupied with Sunggyu that she had no mood to mingle around.

 

She went to the library to look at the books but in the end, she was sitting at the table, with a book in front of her but her hands were busy spazzing on Twitter. It seemed like people were beginning to pre-order the album and although she was tempted, she was determined to buy it at the music store itself. She was giggling to some Yunjae posts on her TL before some girl glared at her and she sat up straight and pretended to be reading. In the end, she was reading fanfics till it was time for her meet-up with Myungsoo. She went on walking to the promised place while scrolling down the fanfic and it was a sad fanfic where Yunho was outside the stadium of where JYJ were performing and he wanted to go inside but he couldn't because he was afraid that people would recognize him. Seul-ki was tearing up while reading it before her phone was snatched away by Myungsoo who appeared out of nowhere.

"Myungsoo!" She shrieked, looking at her phone in Myungsoo's hand.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"Poor Yunho!" She sobbed and made a teary face as she snatched her phone away.

"Are you reading fanfics again?" He asked, helpless.

"Of course. It was just updated today." She said, sulking and went on reading the last sentences before she sniffed and went on pouting. "I want to hug Yunho! I bet he misses Jaejoong so much!"

"I thought you don't ship Yunjae?"

"I don't... But, it's just so sweet." She giggled before holding her tummy. "I'm hungry."

"Let's go eat some ramen."

Seul-ki jumped excitedly, walking beside Myungsoo towards the entrance of their uni. People were looking and staring at them and Seul-ki didn't really care about it. Myungsoo has always been an attraction anywhere he goes and she sometimes quarrel with girls who wanted to get closer to him, and Myungsoo knew it all and will scold her every time. Seul-ki looked up to Myungsoo, studying the side of his face, making Myungsoo uncomfortable.

"Can't you not be so obvious while staring at someone?" Myungsoo asked, still looking ahead.

"Am I that obvious?" She asked, running ahead him to look at him.

"Yes you are. What do you want?"

"No. I just thought that there is something different about Myungsoo." She said, stopping her steps and went on looking at him. "Are you wearing makeup?"

"What?" Myungsoo retorted. "I'm not."

"Really? Because there is something..." She narrowed her eyes. "Myungsoo looks handsome." She said, smiling with her eyes bright.

Myungsoo made a face and went on walking ahead, ignoring her pesters.

"Are you blushing? Yah! You are, aren't you?" Seul-ki laughed and ran ahead of him to . He ran after her, making her ran faster while laughing before Myungsoo caught hold of her ponytail, making her screamed. Then they were hitting each other while walking to the ramen store, and laughed loudly.

 

Sunggyu dropped by Dongwoo's studio after he went home and found Seul-ki was still not home. He sat sulkily on Dongwoo's sofa and kept on staring at his phone. He told Dongwoo everything who listened attentively.

"Hyung, I told you that you can't keep on being like you were with the other girls. Lee Seul-ki is your wife."

"I know."

"She's young and she's still in her rebellious period, so you have let her have some space."

"I did. I even gave up a room for her and she ended up posting up all her posters on the wall." He complained and then when he was reminded of how the wall was then empty, he began .

"So you don't know where she is now?" Dongwoo asked, clearly being serious on the matter.

"No." He pouted and kept on twirling his phone in his hand. "I tried calling her but she wouldn't answer."

Dongwoo asked for her number and tried calling her and after a few rings, she picked up. Dongwoo sat up straight and widened his eyes Sunggyu to let him know that she had picked up her phone.

"Hello, Lee Seul-ki?"

"Hello...Who is this?"

"It's me, Dongwoo."

"Ah. Dongwoo-sshi. What's the matter?"

"Are you at home? Is Sunggyu-hyung there? He's not picking up his phone." Dongwoo asked, trying to keep calm so that he wouldn't laugh.

"Um. Kim Sunggyu-sshi?" She paused and took a few seconds before speaking again, "He's in the shower. You can try calling him later."

"He's in the shower?" Dongwoo asked, surprised before Sunggyu frowned and took his phone.

"Yeah, Sunggyu-sshi is in the shower." She repeated.

"I'm not in the shower." Sunggyu said, with a flat tone.

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi?!" Her voice was totally in surprise.

"Yes, it's me. Yah, Lee Seul-ki, where-" She hung up and Sunggyu cursed at the phone and screamed in frustration after tossing the phone to Dongwoo who caught it with his heart going to burst. Sunggyu got down on the practice floor and lay down before he started whining.

"Ahhhh Lee Seul-ki! Lee Seul-ki! Lee Seul-ki-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." He screamed and Dongwoo was only watching in amusement as he had never seen Sunggyu being worked up over a woman like that.

"At least we know that she's safe." Dongwoo said, tempting him.

"As long as I don't see her with my own eyes, I can't even be calm about this." Sunggyu said, closing his eyes.

"So you're going to find her?"

"Of course."

"Do you think she'd gone back to the countryside?"

"No. If she did, my mum would have told and killed me by now." He said, shuddering.

"Then she must be somewhere in Seoul. Does she have any friends here?"

Sunggyu furrowed hard as he stared up the ceiling. "That pretty face boy Myungsoo."

"Myungsoo? Ah~ Do you have any means of contacting him?"

"No." He frowned for while before smirking. "But perhaps Halmeoni knows."

 

Sunggyu got hold of Myungsoo's number from Halmeoni and he gave him a call but Myungsoo wasn't picking up. He frowned again and until it was almost midnight, Myungsoo called him back.

"Hello?" Myungsoo's voice on the phone was really something, Sunggyu thought.

"Hello. Is this... Myungsoo?" Sunggyu asked, feeling weird as he wasn't using Myungsoo's surname.

"Yeah, that's me."

"This is Kim Sunggyu."

Myungsoo was quiet for a while, making Sunggyu a bit nervous. "Yes, what do you want?"

This kid. "Is Lee Seul-ki with you?"

"Lee Seul? No. Wae? Is she not home?"

Sunggyu thought about it for a second and decided to put his ego away, "She ran away from home."

"What?!" Myungsoo said, his voice loud that Sunggyu had to pull his phone away from his ear. "What do you mean she ran away from home?"

"You know nothing about it?"

"No."

"Well, it's okay-"

"Wait! Lee Seul was with me earlier today at uni. She didn't say anything about running away from home."

Sunggyu felt his heart was going to jump out of his mouth. "What uni!?"

 

Seul-ki was sitting on her bed, looking at her roommate who was busy unpacking her stuff. She herself hadn't unpacked as she was feeling a bit reluctant for some reason. Her roommate was also a new student but she was taking a different course, as Seul-ki had observed her books. Seul-ki was waiting for a chance to talk to her but the latter didn't even make an effort to talk to her. Just as she was about to open , she saw her roommate posting up a poster of Yunho and Changmin on the wall next to her bed. Seul-ki was smiling uncontrollably and when her roommate turned to her and saw the stupid smile on her face, she looked at her strangely.

"Hi!" Seul-ki said, still smiling.

"Um, hi." She replied, clearly not wanting to talk to Seul-ki.

"I'm Lee Seul-ki."

"I'm Yu-bin."

"Hello, Yu-bin! Are you a Cassie? Your poster." Seul-ki said giddily, pointing at the poster.

"Huh? Oh. Yeah." She nodded awkwardly while putting her books away.

"Who's your bias?"

"Yunho."

"Oh. Hehe." Seul-ki was still watching her with interest but Yu-bin didn't say anything further so she shut and lay down, watching old TVXQ videos. Yu-bin went out to go somewhere and didn't tell her where, making Seul-ki felt a bit lonely. Usually she'd be concentrating on the performances but that night, while Bolero was playing, her mind drifted off to Sunggyu. She read his text again.

 

'Come back home'

 

"That's all? You're not going to text or call me again?" She said to his number on her phone screen. "Pabo thin eyes jerk!" She said, and moaned, but ended up reading his text again while lying down on her stomach.

 

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi... you pabo."

 

Seul-ki was in the class, listening to the 3rd introductory lesson of the day. She was feeling bored and sleepy and kept her phone on her lap to keep on scrolling down her Twitter. When the class was dismissed, she walked to the cafe alone. She hadn't met Myungsoo for the day, and he didn't even text her but she shrugged it off, and sat down at a table alone before a girl came over.

"Can I sit here?"

Seul-ki looked up to see a girl with a bobbed hair looking down at her. "Yeah, sure."

She sat down, setting down her tray of food and smiled at her. Seul-ki smiled back, eating her bread awkwardly.

"We're in the sam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter