Carrots and Ginsengs

I Now Pronounce You Husband & Fangirl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dec 10 , 2013

 

*tofu evilness warning*

hello gummy-sshi!! ^^

Sunggyu was having his lunch in bliss, eating food that Seul-ki had packed for him that morning. He was eating in the park near his workplace, and was ready to take a bite when some familiar voices came. He frowned immediately when he saw the kids sitting down beside him, gawking at his food.

"Woah! That looks good!" Sungyeol said, and tried to take one piece of gimbap and Sunggyu quickly slapped his hands away and widened his eyes. "Aish, so stingy! I bet it's Seul-ki who made all these?"

"Of course." He said, with a smug.

"What happened to hyung's hair?" Howon asked, amused, with a smirk across his face and the others joined in, and started ridiculing his hair but he only made a face and glared at them when they started to touch his hair.

"Hyung~" Sungjong attacked, and put his hand on Sunggyu's arm, freaking the older man out.

"What do you kids want?" He asked, finally, looking at each and every one of them. They were looking at each as well, from Howon to Sungyeol to Sungjong and Sunjong made a face and looked at Sungyeol who shrugged and Howon was giving an indifferent look. The youngest gave up and rolled his eyes.

"Hyung... "

"Ah, that's right. Do you guys know where Woohyun is?" He asked, suddenly.

Howon looked at Sungjong and raised an eyebrow. "He's staying with Dongwoo-hyung..."

"That's good then." He said, nodding to himself. "And what were you asking?"

 

"Well, it's about Seul-ki." Sungjong said, awkwardly, as he laughed nervously.

"What about Seul-ki?"

"We heard something strange about well, Seul-ki and hyung..."

"Heard about what?" Sunggyu asked, a bit impatient.

"Well, we heard that..."

"You guys are dating?" Howon said, suddenly and everyone was quiet, and the kids were shutting their eyes, ready to be hit by Sunggyu.

"Yes, we are." Sunggyu said and Howon's face turned amused and Sungyeol was just so dumbstruck and Sungjong's mouth was wide open.

"But that's!"

"I guess you heard from Woohyun?" He asked, and munched some vegetables, smiling.

"Yes we did. Gosh, hyung, you're not serious, aren't you?" Sungjong asked.

"You're cousins!" Sungyeol shrieked.

"This is getting interesting." Howon commented to himself, laughing.

"What? I like her and she likes me. So what's the fuss?" Sunggyu asked, and popped into his mouth another gimbap.

"Will your parents agree? And Seul-ki's halmeoni?" Sungyeol asked, rapidly. "Hyung, isn't it just strange? I mean, hyung and Seul-ki literally played together when you were kids, how could you think of dating her? It's like dating your own sister!"

"When did I play with her!" Sunggyu asked, almost choking on his food.

"Woohyun-hyung told us!"

Sunggyu kept on coughing, and pounding on his chest, and looked at the kids miserably. "Well, it's not that we played a lot!" He said, finding himself not making any sense.

"Then what about Youngeun-sshi?" Sungjong asked, carefully. "I thought she's back?"

"Back to Korea, but certainly we're not getting back together."

"Because of Seul-ki?"

"Yes."

"Daebak." Howon said, laughing.

"I thought that you loved her?"

"People change, Sungjong. Feelings change. Things change." Sunggyu said, sighing. "Right now all I want to focus on is Seul-ki."

"Are you serious about her? Like, really serious and wants to marry her or something?"

Sunggyu was munching another gimbap and he looked around, at the kids and nodded. "Um."

 

"Hogod." Sungyeol sat down on his heels and covered his head in disbelieved. Sungjong was just sitting there, limped and Howon, well, he was looking at Sunggyu, thoughtfully.

"How did you do it?" Howon asked, finally, with a hint of smirk.

"How did I do what?"

"Take her away from that Myungsoo."

Sunggyu's face changed a little, and the kids who noticed it were attentive again as they stared at both Howon and Sunggyu. Sunggyu put down his chopsticks and his lip before he smiled, but it was more like a smirk.

"I guess I have more charisma than he does." He said, and the kids were all rolling their eyes and saying how they were giving up on this hyung as they walked away but Howon was still there, looking at him.

"Hyung, you're not planning on toying her, right?"

"Of course not. I can't be anymore sincere." His answer made Howon smiled meaningfully.

"Is she pregnant?"

"WHAT? NO!" Sunggyu shouted, and laughed nervously. "What the heck Howon, you want to give me heart attacks?"

"If she's pregnant then, would you take responsibility?"

"Of course, geez, what's with your questions..." Sunggyu complained, and his ears went a bit red.

"But what if she's pregnant with some other guy's baby?"

"Huh?" Sunggyu was gawking, looking up at him. "What the hell Lee Howon."

"If you love her, you would accept all her flaws and mistakes, right?"

"Of course, but why would she be pregnant with some other man's baby?"

"It's just an assumption." He said, shrugging. "Because from the way I see it, that Myungsoo, would take her in, regardless of her flaws and mistakes and he is surely able to make her happy. I'm just curious if hyung too, is willing to do the same?"

Sunggyu was at loss of words, so he laughed nervously before he replied, "I'm already accepting her flaws, Lee Howon. More so than that Kim Myungsoo, or anyone else for that matter. I love her, of course, it's just natural for me to do so." He packed up his lunch box and wrapped it nicely, while Howon was watching him as he got up. "And one more thing, if Seul-ki is to get pregnant one day, you can be sure that it's mine."

 

 

 

 

Seul-ki was staring ahead like a dope, with hanging a little. She was looking at some couple going lovey-dovey when she was reminded of how she was only in her gown the night before, with Sunggyu in the forest, and how she was jokingly bold to actually throw herself at him, and the way Sunggyu's hands were all over her. She immediately hugged her torso, and felt her whole body pricking up.

"So embarrassing..."

"What is?"

 

Myungsoo had taken a seat next to her, putting up his usual blank face. He was eating a bun, which he finished in no time, but he wasn't looking at her. Seul-ki stopped thinking about Sunggyu and kept on staring at him, as if wanting to bore a hole in his face.

"Hello."

"Hi." He replied curtly.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you, and you?"

She laughed a little. "Good." They were then silent again when Myungsoo let out a big sigh and turned to her.

"I can't believe you would just ignore my texts and call."

"Uh." She hung her face low and tried to avoid his gaze and it made her super uncomfortable. "I got busy."

"Ah really... With your husband?"

 

Seul-ki looked at him sharply and wanted to argue but Woohyun's words came floating into her mind as she stared at him.'But the way he looks at you.. I think... He likes you...' She kept on looking at him, studying his eyes and he was staring back and she wondered at that time why his eyes so look dark yet beautiful but just too much for her to stare at for too long.

"What's wrong, Lee Seul?" He asked, when she looked away again.

"I thought Myungsoo doesn't like talking about Sunggyu-sshi."

"I did say that, didn't I? But I told you then, I'm willing to hear anything you want to talk about."

"Why?" She asked, abruptly, getting uneasy.

"What do you mean why? It's not like you have any other friend to talk to anyway. Take it as an act of charity." He answered, casually and at that moment, Seul-ki really thought that it was no way that Myungsoo, her long-life best friend, actually liked her.

 

"Myungsoo is so strange."

"Can't be any stranger than you."

"Can I ask you one question?"

"Shoot."

 

Seul-ki bit her bottom lip for a while, while fiddling with her fingers on her lap. "Why are you still friends with me?" She quickly turned to face him but it made her wonder when Myungsoo's face didn't even change the slightest and she didn't know whether to feel relieved or bad about it.

"Because Lee Seul was the dumbest kid in school." He said, bluntly and let out an ugly laugh when he caught her glaring at him. "Wait, what I mean is, you, Lee Seul, was always picking up fights with the boys in school, as if you're some sort of holder of justice and you always ended up getting detention and punishment over things that you are not guilty for. And I remember when you were punished to clean up the boys' toilet and you chased everyone out with the mop in your hand. That was so funny."

"Did something like that happen..."

"I was there!" He said, getting excited. "And I was in one of the stalls, hearing all the commotion outside and I was doing a big poop at that!"

"Eh? Did you?" She made a face. "That is so disgusting."

"Everyone poops! Even that heavenly Kim Jaejoong of yours poops!" He retorted.

"I know, I know. And then?"

"Well, after you had chased them away, and went on cleaning the floor, I caught you singing something." He looked rather dreamy.

"What was I sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter