"Goodbye."

I Now Pronounce You Husband & Fangirl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jan 18, 2014

Although he was well-fed, Sunggyu still had difficulties in managing his life, living alone again. He realised he had been dependable on Seul-ki a little too much and when he found out that he had ran out of clean underwear to wear after putting on the last one, he moaned, and gathered up the clothes he had piled on the floor in his room. He carried them into the laundry room, tossed everything into the machine and poured in as much detergent as he thought would be needed and pressed start. It had been only four days since Seul-ki had gone to Ye-eun's house, and she would be coming home the day after tomorrow, and just thinking about it made Sunggyu smiled sheepishly to himself.

 

Since he had the day off, he decided to at least make the house look presentable when she comes back home by trying to clean the living room. He started with dusting off the couch, coughing a little and gathered up the books he had left on the table and arranged them neatly on the bookshelf again. He then took out the vacuum cleaner and was cleaning the place, though not thoroughly since he was only cleaning what he could see, without even bothering adjusting the furniture. Then, he went to his room and looked around; deciding that nothing much should be done, so he went to the second room, and looked at the posters around the wall with an annoyed face. He put his hands on his waist, staring at Park Yuchun's poster; at his excessive smile which Seul-ki had deemed as the most beautiful smile on earth.

He frowned before his lips curled up and he tried to imitate Yuchun's smile but then he decided that it felt silly, and he felt embarrassed and looked away. "Aish, how is that smile the most beautiful smile on earth? Mine is better." He muttered, as he bent down and looked at Seul-ki's stuff which she had neatly arranged against the wall. He saw the red box that he knew she kept all the unsent letters to TVXQ in, and remembering the content made him laughed.

"Let's meet in heaven!" He mocked and then he got up and looked around the posters with a smug. "You guys might be God but I'm Lee Seul-ki's husband! Tch!" He said, more to Kim Jaejoong who wasn't wearing anything under his coat, looking hot. Sunggyu laughed out loud mockingly, and then went out of the room, heading straight to the kitchen where he heated up some food.

 

Then he spent the rest of day sleeping in, and only woke up in the evening feeling hungry. He got up to drink some milk but there were none left, so grumpily, he washed his face and went down to the convenience store, but once he was walking a bit, he decided to walk a bit, and texted Seul-ki.

 

What are you doing?

Her reply came after a few minutes.

I'm cooking dinner >,<

Yah! So unfair! I want to eat your cooking as well!

Sunggyu-sshi has finished all the food? >o<

Almost. You better get home soon. Got me?

^__^ Yes~ I will be home soon and cook lot of food!

Make sure you're dressed warmly enough when you go out. :)

Sunggyu-sshi too! ^^

 

Sunggyu smiled to himself, and then he found himself walking towards Dongwoo's house and his mind wandered off to Woohyun and he was wondering how he was doing, so, without giving any second thought, he dropped by. He opened the gate slowly, looking around for Ba-rock cautiously, which was soundly sleeping in the lawn. He gulped a little and walked inside as quietly as he could, and almost jumped when Ba-rock suddenly got up, but he didn't bark at Sunggyu but when Sunggyu turned around and saw Woohyun standing rigidly at the door, he jumped.

"Goodness Nam Woohyun, don't you know how to say hi?" He asked, loudly. Woohyun was only staring, almost sceptical, and Sunggyu looked around uncomfortably. He eyed Woohyun's arm which was still in  a sling, and cleared his throat. "Where's Dongwoo?"

"He went out a while ago." He answered, but his tone was flat.

"I see." Sunggyu nodded aimlessly to himself, and then he was looking at Ba-rock who was still sitting up, staring sharply at him. He diverted his gaze, looking around the lawn before his eyes landed on Woohyun's arm again. "How are you...?"

Woohyun was just looking at him, his face changing a little. "I'm okay. How's Seul-ki?"

"Seul-ki is also okay..." Sunggyu looked away again.

"Did you scold her at home again the other day?"

"Did she tell you that?" Sunggyu asked, getting at it again.

"No. No, she didn't. She didn't even answer my call or texts for the past few days." Woohyun said, sounding anguish. "I was just hoping you didn't scold her.  It was my fault. I forced her to ride with me and I was not being careful... It wasn't Seul-ki's fault at all." He lowered his head to hide his sad face, but Sunggyu clearly saw it and his anger diminished. "I'm sorry, hyung..."

"I know, I know." He said, smiling feebly at Woohyun. "I'm sorry too, for getting angry at you." Woohyun shook his head and scratched his head. "I heard you went to meet your ex-girlfriend...?" Sunggyu said, looking at him with a half narrowed eye.

Woohyun sat down on the porch, crossing his legs with a glum face, "I didn't meet her in the end."

"Why not?" Sunggyu sat down as well, watching the younger man pouting.

"I was just waiting for her in front of the building that she's working but even before she appeared, I walked away. I thought that... We're separated. We have properly said our goodbyes... And I don't have any right to question her life now... Or who is she dating..."

"You just can't help it... But didn't she notice that you had an accident?"

"How could she? She was laughing at something that son-of-a-b*tch was telling in that car and just sped off! Probably she was just lying when she said her parents didn't like me! Maybe it was because all along, she had grown sick of my cooking and my lame cheesy jokes and throwing hearts!" Woohyun said loudly, getting clearly upset and Sunggyu quickly nodded his head to approve his anger and patted his shoulder. "That bad woman..."

"Yes, yes." Sunggyu said, trying to smile but Woohyun was just looking like he was going to cry. "Yah, don't you dare cry."

"I'm not going to cry because of that woman." He said, pouting. "It's just that I feel like betrayed. Like, how could she get over me in such a short time? It doesn't make sense."

"Do you still love her?"

"Of course I do..." He admitted, feeling miserable, "But it's something that I'm trying to erase...It's not that I want to get together with her again..."

"Then you should be getting a new job!" He nagged and Woohyun pouted and glared at him. "If you keep on doing things that will only make you remember her, how would you be able to actually forget her?"

"I know..." He sniffed.

"Why did you meet up with Seul-ki the other day?" He asked, suddenly.

"Oh? Oh... I was just going to well... I kind of... missed Seul-ki and I felt awful for shouting at her the other day..." Woohyun admitted, and sniffed, not daring to look at Sunggyu any longer and when he actually raised his face, he saw Sunggyu looking at him, judgingly, and he had a feeling that he wanted to bite off his head. "Don't look at me like that. I know how it is between you and Seul-ki. I won't stop you anymore." He sighed and went on with a rather bored tone, "Perhaps it will work; this whole cousin-cousin relationship."

Sunggyu laughed a little. "Of course it will work. Don't you worry a thing about it."

"But I thought hyung and Dongwoo are also in a relationship?"

"Whatever on earth are you talking about, Nam Woohyun?" Sunggyu asked, looking at Woohyun with a distasteful look.

"I saw the whole thing!" Woohyun cried, "I like you~ didn't you say that to Dongwoo?" He said, looking at his hyung with a yucky face. "Are you biual, hyung? You're cheating on Seul-ki with Dongwoo?"

"Yah!" Sunggyu bellowed. "I was just..." He cleared his throat. "Practising with Dongwoo to apologise to Seul-ki..." He said, sighing a little as he fiddled with his fingers.

Woohyun watched his hyung getting more and more miserable, and he smiled a little. "You don't need to practice, hyung. If you are apologetic enough, without even words, she would be able to forgive you."

"How do you apologize without words?" Sunggyu asked, clearly curious. Woohyun shot him a long look, but he was quiet, and Sunggyu was waiting but Woohyun was still silent. "Yah."

"I can't tell hyung that." Woohyun finally said, and shook his head rapidly and made a face while looking at Sunggyu. "Just imagining it... Aish."

"Are you talking about activities?" Sunggyu asked, bluntly.

"Why do people always assume it's activities?" Woohyun asked, loudly.

"Then what?" Sunggyu asked, getting annoyed.

"It's not activities!" Woohyun shouted again, "And hyung better off apologizing with words! Who knows what will happen... Aish, I just can't imagine Seul-ki with you..."

"Stop imagining then!" Sunggyu scolded him, crossing his arms across his chest. He sighed, "I wonder whether words will be enough to make her forgive me?"

"Of course she will forgive you. Seul-ki likes you anyway." Woohyun said, rolling his eyes.

"Does she?" Sunggyu asked, with a stupid smile on his face.

"Yes!" Woohyun replied, with a bored tone." But... Hyung. You're not going to hurt her again, right?" He watched Sunggyu's face that had changed to thoughtful, somehow sad . "Because I don't want to see her crying again... She's always crying because of you. You know that, don't you?"

"I know." He said, quietly. "I won't make her cry again. I don't like seeing her cry as well."

"That's good. You better find a way to make your relationship approved then." He sighed. "Or else Seul-ki will end up hurting again."

"You care so much about Lee Seul-ki." Sunggyu stated, his tone a little edgy.

"Of course I do. Seul-ki is like my... daughter. A cute daughter." Woohyun said, with a serious face.

"Sure you don't like her anymore than that?"

"Well, if you let me, I think I can even marry her." Woohyun muttered.

"Yah!" Sunggyu shouted, blinking rapidly. "You want to die early? You won't be able to marry her! So, stop dreaming!"

"Geez, I could see your whole pupils just now." Woohyun mused. "Dongwoo told me the same thing. It's so fishy, how you could so sure about this relationship with Seul-ki."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter