Rascals

I Now Pronounce You Husband & Fangirl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 25th, 2013

Sunggyu felt the hair on his neck stood up when he heard Woohyun calling him from behind; he immediately raised his head and left Seul-ki's lips that he regretfully managed only to brush lightly with his. He didn't dare to look behind him and after a few good seconds he turned, mechanically and saw Woohyun furrowing with a sleepy face.

"I was just checking on her!" Sunggyu said with a hushed voice, pointing at Seul-ki who was fast asleep.

"Huh." Woohyun's face was sceptical but he was looking sleepy while staring down at Sunggyu.

"She wasn't moving so I was checking if she was breathing!" Sunggyu lied, nervously, hoping that Woohyun was just sleep-walking when he walked over and squatted down, shot another sceptical glance at him before looking down on Seul-ki. Sunggyu poked Seul-ki's cheek, rather forcefully and felt like he was about to cry out of thankfulness when Seul-ki didn't budge even a little. "See? She sleeps like a log!"

Woohyun who was still furrowing, poked Seul-ki's cheek as well and when she still didn't move, he caught Sunggyu by surprise when he leaned closer to her face, like he did before he tilted his head so that he could hear Seul-ki's breathing. "She's still breathing."

"Of course she is!" Sunggyu said, nervously and rather vexed looking at Woohyun being that close to her. He pulled the younger up, away from her and dragged him out of the room.

"I thought you were kissing her." Woohyun said, mindlessly and dragged his feet towards their room.

"Why would I want to kiss her?!" Sunggyu shrieked out, waving his hands around mindlessly. Woohyun gave no response as he climbed back on the bed, and fell asleep within seconds. Feeling his heart still hammering against his chest, Sunggyu sat down on his bed, looked at Woohyun and threw a silent tantrum.

 

Seul-ki woke up the next morning feeling fresh and a bit happy though her eyes were a bit puffy because she cried a bit the night before. When she was reminded of being in Sunggyu's embrace, it made her a bit shy and she couldn't stop smiling even after she had showered and was in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

 She poured in some flour into a large bowl, careful enough not to spill any of it. She put in some water and began mixing them before adding some eggs. When the batter was properly mixed, she added in chopped scallions and stirred it gently and seasoned it with salt and pepper. She trailed her finger at the side of the bowl, tasting it but decided that it was lacking of pepper, so she added more.

 

"What are you making?"

 

She turned to see Woohyun who just got out of shower, his hair still damp and he was smiling warmly. He walked closer to Seul-ki and stood next to her, looking down on her bowl of batter.

"Jeon?"

She nodded. "Um. You're up early." Woohyun only smiled and watched Seul-ki stirring the batter again before she trailed her index finger again to have another taste. Before she could even put it into , Woohyun caught hold of her hand and on her finger, startling her badly. Woohyun closed his eyes, while the batter inside his mouth and released her finger slowly.

"It's good." He said, smiling rather creepily and Seul-ki's finger was hanging in the air, feeling cold from the dampness from his mouth. She put down her hand when she saw Sunggyu standing at the entrance of the kitchen, with his narrowed eyes.

"Sunggyu-sshi."

Woohyun turned to see Sunggyu who still looked like he was half asleep but he was furrowing when the younger was looking at him, till his eyes disappeared.

"Good morning, hyung," Woohyun said, smiling widely. Sunggyu said nothing as he looked at Seul-ki who looked down on the floor, feeling awkward. He left the kitchen, still furrowing and left Woohyun and Seul-ki wondering there. "Is he even awake?" Woohyun asked himself and turned to Seul-ki who quickly turned to her bowl. "Let me help you."

"No, it's okay!" She said, almost panicking. "I'll manage."

"But Sunggyu hyung told me to make myself useful. So, let me do it," He said, trying to take the bowl of batter from her. In the end, she gave up and Woohyun happily cooked the Jeon, with Seul-ki watching quietly. When it was time for breakfast, Sunggyu was only eating his food quietly but he kept on narrowing his eyes at Seul-ki who felt really uneasy as she tried to eat. After breakfast, he learned that Seul-ki didn't have a class that day and he was left in distraught as he was putting on his shoes.

"Why don't you have class today?" He asked, blinking rapidly. "Are you playing truancy?"

Seul-ki's mouth dropped open. "I'm not! It's because I don't have a class!"

"You should just take more classes!" He said, leaving Seul-ki bewildered.

"What?"  She looked at Sunggyu and narrowed her eyes, not understanding what he was trying to say. "Sunggyu-sshi, you don't like me staying at home?"

"No! I don't like it!"

"What?" She raised her voice and looked at him in disbelieved. Sunggyu frowned and massaged the bridge between his eyes before looking up to Seul-ki and naturally, his eyes went to her lips. He placed his hands on her shoulders, startling her. Seul-ki's eyes were widened as she noticed how Sunggyu gripping her shoulders tightly and she couldn't stop blinking to herself.

"Lee Seul-ki." He called out with a deep voice, furrowing; his eyes still on her lips.

"Y-Yes?"

"I-" Sunggyu began but when he noticed Woohyun was standing behind her, he frowned and opened the door violently and left.

 

Sunggyu was restless at work. After seeing what Woohyun did to Seul-ki in the kitchen that morning, he felt like he wanted to just punch Woohyun and choked him but he was refraining himself all the while. He let out a small groan as he typed in his report and when he was done with it, he got up and went to the toilet where he washed his hands and when he touched his lips, he blinked to himself.

 

I kissed Lee Seul-ki.

 

He kept his finger on his lips and furrowed hard, looking at his own reflection in the mirror.

 

I kissed Lee Seul-ki! I really did! But it was just a peck. But still, I felt her lips with mine! My lips! Should I tell her? But won't she get mad? But she's my wife. I should be kissing her. Besides, she wants to be a good wife. So, she should be okay with me kissing her! I should kiss her more often then? Right, Kim Sunggyu! Lee Seul-ki is yours! She's your wife, so you should kiss her and-

His thought was disrupted when he finally noticed his colleague looking at his reflection weirdly in the mirror. "What are you doing?" He asked, laughing while washing his hands. "You look like some girl who just had her first kiss."

"What?" Sunggyu freaked out. "What kiss?" He laughed, nervously. "It's just that my lips feel dry." He cleared his throat, washed his hands again and left him there, feeling embarrassed of himself.  He decided to go back home for lunch and when he got home; he called out loudly for Seul-ki.

"Lee Seul-ki?"

 

Seul-ki opened the door to her room roughly, her eyes big when she saw Sunggyu at the entrance. "Sunggyu-sshi."

"What were you-" Sunggyu began but when he saw Woohyun coming out from her room, he felt his blood boiling a little.

"Ah, hyung. You're home already?"

"I'm only home for lunch break. What were you guys doing?" He asked, looking at Seul-ki whose eyes were still wide while staring at him.

"It's a secret." Woohyun said, giggling and walked to the sofa and sat down.

"What secret? Yah, Lee Seul-ki."

"It's a secret." She said, quietly and looked away. "Do you want to eat lunch?"

"Yah, tell me!" Sunggyu said, watching Seul-ki walking hurriedly to the kitchen. He glared at Woohyun who was smiling meaningfully at him before he followed Seul-ki to the kitchen. Seul-ki was heating up the food, trying to ignore Sunggyu who was narrowing his eyes at her. "Yah, what were you guys doing in the room?"

"Nothing." She said, curtly, avoiding his gaze.

"Tell me!" He said, holding her arm, stopping her from putting the container into the microwave.

"We were just... I was asking for some help from Woohyun-sshi."

"What help?"

"Help... With my assignment."

"You asked Woohyun to do your assignment?" He asked loudly.

Seul-ki looked a bit dazed for more than a few seconds. "Yes! That's right! I was always asking Myungsoo to do my homework at school. I'm not that clever, you see. Hahaha." She faked a laugh.

"Yah Lee Seul-ki! You should not do that! You know well that learning is your responsibility and if you're an idiot, you should be working on it and not let anyone else do your work for you!" He nagged, with a loud voice. Seul-ki was just nodding miserably, feeling miserable when Sunggyu called her 'idiot' but she was just going to endure it as Sunggyu kept on nagging away until he finished his food and went to work again.

 

Seul-ki sighed loudly when Sunggyu closed the door and she dragged herself to her room where she lay down on her stomach. Woohyun who was sitting up, twirled the necktie and looked at Seul-ki in amusement. "You're really weird, Seul-ki-ah. Why don't you just tell hyung that you were trying to learn how to tie a necktie?"

Seul-ki rolled over and looked at the ceiling. "I don't want him to know..."

"Why not?"

"Because... It's a secret." She said, smiling widely.

 

 

 

Sunggyu was sitting next to Seul-ki, watching her smiling and giggling to herself while looking at her phone. He tilted his head, trying to take a peek of what Seul-ki was viewing when she noticed him and narrowed her eyes to him, pouting. He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest and turned to Woohyun who was also looking at his phone. He wanted to peek at Woohyun's phone too but the younger pulled his phone away and suddenly, both Seul-ki and Woohyun laughed at the same time, making him felt strange and asked what was going on.

 

Are they texting each other, Sunggyu asked himself and he looked at Seul-ki who glanced at Woohyun and Woohyun too glanced at her. Sunggyu kept on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter