"I trust you."

I Now Pronounce You Husband & Fangirl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Sunggyu was entering his house, Seul-ki was stepping out from her room, and his attention immediately fell onto the bag that she was carrying. She looked up and her lips immediately parted, as if wanting to call his name, so he waited but she only lowered her head again; her eyes looking distant.

"Are you... going somewhere?" Sunggyu asked, after he had taken off his shoes and he was still looking at Seul-ki's bag of clothes, feeling like he wanted to just snatch it away from her.

"Um... I'll be staying at Ye-eun's house for a few days. I'm having examinations, so I want to do some revision with her..." She replied with a soft voice, still not looking up.

"For how many days?"

"Until next Friday..." Sunggyu nodded to himself, looking at the top of her head. He kept on opening his mouth to say something but he was taking too much time and Seul-ki spoke again. "I made dinner."

"Oh? Oh..." His heart sank a little, looking at her condition, and even when she was not in shape, she was still cooking for him, making him think; maybe this was what Dongwoo had meant. "Won't you... sit down and have dinner with me before leaving?"

She looked up to his face, and her face changed a little as she pressed her lips together before parting them again. "I, um... Ye-eun is waiting for me downstairs..." She said, with a little regret that she tried hard not to show on her face.

"Is that so..." Sunggyu said, feeling disappointed and let another minute passed before he shut his eyes and stepped up to her. When he was standing before her, she looked up, and he opened his eyes slowly, making her gulped a little as she stared into his eyes. He raised his hand and when Seul-ki flinched a bit and pulled away her a face a little, his heart sank, as his eyes dimmed. He let another moment passed before he carefully touched her temple, where the band aid was, and slowly, she looked up and met his eyes again. "Does it still hurt?" She took a moment before shaking her head. Then he took her arm, and caressed it slowly. "Does it still hurt here?" She shook her head again, and her heart was about to leap to . When he knelt down suddenly, and faced her knee, her breathing hitched and she began blinking rapidly, looking at the top of his head. "Does this still hurt?"

She quickly went down on her heels, meeting eyes to eyes with Sunggyu. He was a little taken aback when he saw her face that close and she was breathing through , watching his face. He watched her gulping with a panicky face and was losing her focus when she tried to look away. "What are you doing?" He asked, laughing weakly and touched her arms, and pulled her up while he stood up as well. She was still looking down when he placed his palm against her cheek, and it a little with his thumb. "Seul-ki."

"Yes?"

"There are many, many things that I'd like to tell you and many, many things that I want you to tell me. But I will wait until you've come home and then we're going to have a long talk about it, okay?" He said, with a calm voice.

"Okay..." She nodded.

"I hope you will study well?"

"I will."

"I will wait for your return." He removed his hand reluctantly, and tried smiling.

"Um." She raised her face and gulped down because she felt like crying, hearing Sunggyu's deep voice and when she stared into his dreamy eyes, her heart beat faster, making her a bit breathless. "Sunggyu-sshi, I..."

"I trust you." He said, quickly, and his eyes were looking concerned and guilty. "I trust you." He repeated, and watched as her eyes watered but she quickly blinked and blinked to make them go away and looked up at him again, making him smile.

"Thank you, Sunggyu-sshi..."

"So, promise me... That you will come back?" He asked, with eyes that were pleading her.

She felt her heart fluttering as her eyes became wider. "I promise."

Can't you not leave? He asked in his mind but Seul-ki's phone was ringing at that moment, but she didn't seem to notice it as she was still staring at him with her face going a little red. "Seul-ki? Your phone..."

"Eh? AH!" She took out her phone and quickly answered it, quickly looking away. "Oh, Ye-eun. Yeah, I'll be down in a minute. Um." She hung up and looked at Sunggyu again, at his lips, and his eyes and his nose and everything about him that was making her heart went crazy.

"You better not keep her waiting then."

She looked a little uncertain but she only smiled. "Oh... Then, I'll... be going now."

"Take care."

"Take care, Sunggyu-sshi." She said, and picked up her bag, and turned the handle slowly, opening the door. She looked over her shoulder and gave him the usual shy smile before she closed the door again. And she began walking to the elevator, feeling nothing but happiness and wanted so much to just walk back into his embrace and hear his voice again. But Sunggyu had told her that he would wait and he trusted her and there was nothing else that she needed at that time.

 

Sunggyu was still watching the door for a moment before he gave up, and strolled to the table to look at what she had cooked; quickly helping himself. After he had eaten and washed the dishes, he went to his room, and climbed on his bed, sitting up against the bed's head and took Seul-ki's pillow into his embrace.

"I want Lee Seul-ki." He muttered, before he realised what he had just said, and he cupped his mouth with his face burning a little and slouched down the bed, and curled up into a ball, sniffing her pillow. He didn't know since when he found the scent so calming, even when it's the smell of her shampoo but it was a nice scent, he thought, but of course, he preferred smelling it directly but the thought made him cursed himself again as he was cuddling the pillow close to his nose.

 

Then he stopped abruptly, feeling ashamed of himself as he stared up the ceiling and asked loudly,

"Why didn't I kiss her?" And then he was kicking and , and rolling on his bed all alone, regretting that he didn't make his move. Then, he sat up suddenly, and ran out of the room, and opened the door to the second room with quite a force and when he saw all the posters were still stuck on the wall; though irked out by the fact that she was having pictures of other men around her, he found himself laughing.

 

 

"You look happy?" Ye-eun asked, when they were about to go to sleep. Seul-ki was patting her cheeks with her palms, smiling widely, swaying from side to side. "Did something good happen?"

She nodded, and smiled till her eyes became a thin line, making Ye-eun laughed. "Ye-eun-ah. Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"But this might be a little embarrassing..."

"Is it about boys?" Ye-eun asked, looking a bit too excited as she crossed her legs and turned her whole body to face Seul-ki.

"Um... Quite so..." She nodded and stopped smiling, turning her whole torso towards Ye-eun as well. "Ye-eun... if... for example you are arranged to marry someone you do not know...Do you think you will be able to... sleep with him?"

"You mean have that?" Ye-eun asked, calmly, but she was showing a hint of a mile and Seul-ki nodded, turning a little red. "If my husband wants it, then what can I do? I'm not going to play innocent anyway." She laughed sinisterly and then suddenly narrowed her eyes, "And you, you've been reading tons of fanfics, so why are you acting all innocent?"

"I'm not! Of course, I've read those smuchhhh fanfics but... reading it isn't the same as being in the situation..." She pouted, and began fiddling with the end of her pyjama.

"Are you speaking from experience?"

"NO!" She shouted, making her face red. "I mean... I'm just saying it... But I think, saying it is much easier than doing it. It's common sense, you know. Easier said than done."

"Seul-ki, don't tell me you've been in that situation...?" Seul-ki looked down and up again, her face going so red that Ye-eun cupped . "Ohmygod with whom?!"

"Someone I... really like." She said and gulped. "Ye-eun-ah... There's something I want to tell you... I've been hiding it for so long but I think Ye-eun should know it..." She knew Ye-eun was waiting for her, so she gulped again. "Actually... I'm...married."

"Huh?"

"I'm married." She repeated. Ye-eun stared at her, blankly, and then she was blinking her eyes repeatedly before she erupted into a loud laugh, rolling on her bed.

"To Jung Yunho?" Ye-eun asked, still laughing. Seul-ki watched miserably before she produced something from her bag and put it down, and Ye-eun immediately stopped laughing. "Is that fake?" She shouted, looking at it with some sort of horror.

"It's real!" Seul-ki said, and pressed her lips together when Ye-eun picked up the honseo and read it. Her eyes widened as she looked from Seul-ki to the honseo for a few times.

"But Kim Sunggyu is your hot cousin..." Ye-eun said, with a little agape.

"He's not... We were just um, playing this game so he pretended to be my cousin... But we're actually not, cousins." She explained, her eyes going everywhere with her face going redder by each second.

"Holy sheep! Lee Seul-ki!" She erupted, looking at her in disbelieved. "How did it...! I mean, when? How?!"

"Um... We got married after I finished high school... My halmeoni and his parents arranged it for us..."

Ye-eun was too speechless to talk, and she was cupping . "That explains your questions... I was always asking myself why you like to ask questions about marriage and thought that you were just asking generally... But, God, you're married?" Seul-ki nodded. "And now what? You're pregnant?"

"No! No I'm not pregnant..." She said, and hugged a pillow, blushing when Ye-eun was looking at her tummy.

Ye-eun cupped again before gasping. "Oh. Your question earlier... So it means that..." She waited for Seul-ki to say something but the latter was just looking miserable. "Ohmygod. You haven't!" Seul-ki shut her eyes and wanted to just shrink, wondering if it was right to tell Ye-eun. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Eh?"

"Why are you delaying it? Gosh! A hot guy like your cousin- I mean, your husband, if you can't even fulfill his needs, what are you going to do if he runs away?!"

"Runs away?"

"Yes! Seul-ki! Men have needs and on top of the list is WOMAN! You must be crazy!" Ye-eun said, grabbing her shoulders and widened her eyes at Seul-ki. "Let's go."

"Go where?" Seul-ki asked, confused.

"Let's get you home." Ye-eun was already standing up and reaching for her jacket.

"Why?" She was still sitting down, looking up at Ye-eun who was making a bored face and after a few seconds, she shook her head. "No!"

"You have to! You're his wife!"

"But I promised Sunggyu-sshi to study well with you."

"You can study later. Right now it's more important to study this!"

"No! I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter