A Sunny Day

I Now Pronounce You Husband & Fangirl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 28th, 2014

 

*listening to Kim Jaejoong's Sunny Day*

"Let's go back to my place then, hmm?"

 

Seul-ki nodded slowly into his chest and Myungsoo shut his eyes momentarily, kissing her hair secretly before he pushes her away gently. Then, looking at her face for no longer than 2 seconds, he grabbed her hand and began walking her away from the place they were standing. Her hand felt cold in his, and her endless sobbing rang loudly in his ears as they were walking; unaware that Sunggyu was watching them; immobile but his heart was beating loudly in his ears.

 

Myungsoo's mother appeared at the door and was surprised to see her son looming before her and also Seul-ki who was still sniffing and hiccupping. Seul-ki bowed at her sheepishly, not daring to even look in the older woman's eyes when she let them in. Myungsoo's mother fetched some clothes for her to wear for the night, offering them dinner but they both refused. She nodded solemnly, and watched Myungsoo ushering Seul-ki into his room, feeling uneasy.

 

"I'll be in the living room." He said, pulling down the duvet on the bed and patted the pillows with too much force to prepare the bed for her. Seul-ki who has stopped crying was only being silent with her eyes on his back but she was not really watching him. Her mind was still on Halmeoni and every thought felt menacing and made her anxious. Myungsoo turned to face her, studying the worried look on her face.

"I think I will go back to the hospital..." She said, with her voice wavering.

Myungsoo said nothing as he strode up to her but she quickly looked down on to the floor. "And what will you do once you're there? Make Halmeoni upset again?"

"I promise I'll be good..." Her voice was quiet, and her eyes began watering again.

"You can visit her tomorrow morning. Go to sleep for now." He ruffled her hair and resisted the urge to kiss her forehead by quickly releasing her and stepped away. He took out some clothes from the wardrobe, noticing that they smelt rather odd being untouched in there.

"What if something happens to her...?"

Myungsoo let out a sigh as he pulled out a shirt. "She'll be fine, Lee Seul. She's in good hands."

"I won't forgive myself if anything happens to Halmeoni..." She quickly wiped away the tears falling down to her cheeks miserably, gulping several times. Myungsoo watched restlessly; barely able to keep his stance to lurch at her and to hold her. He took a deep breath and closed the wardrobe, stepping up to the door.

"Just pray that she'll be fine. Now go to sleep, and we'll visit her again tomorrow, okay?" He sighed when she nodded and waited for her to climb on the bed slowly and pulled up the duvet up to her face. "Good night, Lee Seul." He whispered as he switched off the light after waiting uselessly for her to reply and went down to the living room where his mother was waiting. "Eomma."

His mother smiled kindly as she turned to face him. "Are you okay?"

"I am."

"How's Seul-ki?"

"She's gone to sleep."

His mother went on watching him with her gentle gaze before she stood up and touched her son's face. Myungsoo closed his eyes to take in the pleasure of the warmth of his mother's hand and heaved a sigh.

"You'll be fine?" She asked.

"I will be, Eomma."

 

Myungsoo smiled in wonder, questioning no one in particular about how a mother would always be able to tell that her child is troubled. He knew she knew he was just lying but she chose not to say anything further and patted his cheek softly and wished him good night, making him felt relieved. Myungsoo sat on the sofa, and threw back his head as he shut his eyes and tried to clear his mind. He then tried to sleep but he couldn't and in the end, he was climbing up the stairs up to his room where he sat and watched Seul-ki who was furrowing in sadness in her sleep for hours, trying his best to not to touch her.

 

 

Seul-ki and Myungsoo were standing outside the hospital the next morning, and she kept on peeking inside to see if Halmeoni would appear at the entrance anytime soon. She decided not to approach her because she knew Halmeoni was still upset with her and Myungsoo had warned her many times that she shouldn't put stress on her grandmother. So, Seul-ki could only wait there, peeking inside numerous times and Myungsoo was getting a little bushed from his lack of sleep.

 

"Sunggyu-sshi..." He heard her muttered, and her voice was in wonder and shock. He quickly joined her to look at what she was looking at and saw Sunggyu walking Halmeoni from the elevator to the front desk to take care of Halmeoni's discharge procedure. Myungsoo didn't waste his time looking at Sunggyu and quickly diverted his attention to Seul-ki who was watching longingly but not at Halmeoni. He clenched his jaw and at that moment, Seul-ki suddenly yelped and grabbed his forearm and ran them away from there. They were then hiding at another corner and watched as Sunggyu was holding Halmeoni's elbow and walking her to Dongwoo's van. Halmeoni was all smiles as well as Sunggyu, and again, Myungsoo was only watching Seul-ki's expression.

Her eyes were fixed on Sunggyu and her lips were a little parted with her cheeks rosy and Myungso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter