Thoughts

I Now Pronounce You Husband & Fangirl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 12, 2013

Breakfast was loud with Woohyun talking about how he had to pack up his things and left his apartment the day before. Seul-ki was listening politely while Sunggyu was making a bored face.

"So when are you going to find a new job?" Sunggyu asked, once Woohyun pauses.

"I want to take a break first."

"Are you crazy? What are you going to eat?"

"Seul-ki can cook for me." Woohyun said, smiling widely to Seul-ki who widened her eyes before looking at Sunggyu who glared at her.

"And who do you think bought these eggs and tofu and meat, huh?" Sunggyu asked, widening his eyes.

"Geez, you're so calculative." Woohyun made a face and picked up another piece of meat. "But those are just words, right? I know you won't chase me away. You won't have the heart." He giggled, and swayed from side to side, acting cute.

"What makes you think so?" Sunggyu said, scoffing.

"Because I'm your wife." Woohyun blurted out, making both Sunggyu and Seul-ki choked on their food. He looked at them with amusement. "Seul-ki, you're okay?" She nodded and drank some water, coughing a little.

"This is just an old joke between me and Sunggyu hyung. Because we were always dorm mates, people called us husband and wife." He explained, and Seul-ki laughed awkwardly. "Yeobo, don't you dare cheat on me, oh?"

Sunggyu made a face, his lips twitching and watched Seul-ki puffing her cheeks, trying not to laugh. "Yah Nam Woohyun, that is an old story so stop bringing it up. And you better go out and find a job today. Stop leeching off me."

"Stingy." Woohyun mouthed and narrowed his eyes at Sunggyu. Sunggyu picked up his fork and wanted to just poke him but he stopped when Seul-ki looked at him judgingly. So he cleared his throat and put down his fork. "If you're staying here then, make yourself useful and go wash the dishes." He got up and when Seul-ki wanted to pick up her plates, he stopped her. "Let him do it."

Woohyun only smiled. "Since Seul-ki had cooked so deliciously, I'll do the dishes~"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and watched Woohyun jumping happily into the kitchen before he walked to his room to get his bag. Seul-ki went to change into something for uni and when they were ready to leave, Woohyun stood at the entrance, saying goodbye to them.

"Be safe Seul-ki-ah," He said, smiling and waving at her. Sunggyu made a face again and told him to get out of the house and find a job but the younger only ignored him. Sunggyu wanted to hail a cab but Seul-ki stopped him once they hit the ground floor.

"Let's just ride the subway, oh?" She said, pleadingly. Sunggyu frowned.

"I told you I don't like you riding it."

"But I'll be fine! And I can go home by myself today. I only have one class and it will end pretty early, so I'll just ride the subway..."

"You're going home early?" He asked, a bit surprised.

"Yes, so there is no need to ask Dongwoo-sshi to fetch me." She said, watching Sunggyu carefully.

"Can't you just stay at uni until I get off work?"

Seul-ki furrowed her eyebrows. "Why?"

Because that Nam Woohyun would be at home and I don't favour the thought of having the two of you alone together in the house. "Because... of reasons."

"Huh?" She narrowed her eyes. "It'll be tiring to wait. Besides I can go home early and prepare dinner."

 

Sunggyu had to give up eventually. After getting off at his station, he watched worriedly as the train moved again, and caught Seul-ki smiling at him, as if assuring him that she'll be fine. At that moment, he felt useless as a husband and disappointed in himself for not being able to keep a promise even to himself.

 

Once Seul-ki got home, Woohyun was watching movies on the sofa, and his eyes perked up when he saw her appearing at the door. "You're home." He said, calmly and paused the movie.

Seul-ki walked in and looked at Woohyun strangely. "I'm... home."

"Did you have lunch?" He asked, still sitting on the sofa and Seul-ki nodded, looking at the floor.

"Have you?" She asked, taking a glance at him.

"I did." They both went quiet, and Seul-ki was just standing there awkwardly before her eyes went to the television and saw that Woohyun was watching The Avengers. "Would you like to watch it together with me?"

Seul-ki glanced quickly at Woohyun. "Ah? No, it's okay. I have an essay to write..."

"Okay." He smiled and Seul-ki spurned her heels and walked awkwardly to the second room. She changed into her PJs, took out a piece of paper and a pen and lay down on her stomach and instead of doing the essay, she was on Twitter. Kim Jaejoong's album was to be released finally during the weekend and she hoped hard that Sunggyu would remember his promise to her. She was shrieking quietly when the door was knocked and she scrambled up to her feet and found Woohyun smiling at her.

"Let's have tea?" He asked and turned away, before Seul-ki managed to say anything. She followed him to the table and saw a pot of tea and some bungeoppang and let out a 'whoa'. Woohyun who just sat down smiled at her in amusement. "You like bungeoppang?"

"Uh! I love them! Where did you get them?" She asked, sitting down and eyeing the snack longingly.

"I bought it just now." He said, smiling. "Go on and eat them." Seul-ki looked at Woohyun and bit her lip before taking one of the fish and ate it. She put the whole thing in , causing her cheeks to bulge and made Woohyun laughed. "You're so cute."

Seul-ki stopped munching and felt her face feeling a bit warm before continuing munching. She gulped the bungeoppang dry and poured herself a tea and also for Woohyun and sniffed a bit and sipped the tea carefully. It was rather good and she looked down the tea in wonder and looked up when she noticed how Woohyun was looking at her.

" Um. Aren't you eating?" She asked, her lips unconsciously and looked down on the bungeoppang left on the plate.

"I feel full just by looking at Seul-ki eating." He said, grinning hard and Seul-ki smiled awkwardly before he erupted into a loud laugh. "Do I sound like a creep?"

"A little?" She laughed awkwardly.

"How is it living with Gyu-hyung?" He asked, picking up his cup of tea.

"It's good."

"Does he nag a lot?"  Seul-ki nodded. "Thought so.  But strangely, he never told me about you. I didn't know that hyung had a female cousin." He made a thinking face, looking up past Seul-ki. Seul-ki fidgeted uncomfortably in her seat and sipped her tea nervously. "Are you a distant cousin?" She nodded vigorously. "I see. But still it's a bit weird that he doesn't mind you living with him and all. Are you two close with each other?"

Seul-ki gulped. "We um... used to play together a lot when we were kids..."

"Really? Hyung played with a girl?" Woohyun's eyes widened unnaturally. Seul-ki bit her tongue and shrugged before laughing nervously. "Wait until I tell the kids!" He giggled before drinking his tea again.

"Woohyun-sshi."

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something about Sunggyu-sshi?"

"Sure. What do you want to know? I know everything about Kim Sunggyu!" He said, rather proudly.

She gulped hard and looked down on the bungeoppang on the plate. "What type of girl does Sunggyu-sshi likes?"

Woohyun blinked rapidly, totally not expecting the question. "Well... Hyung... He likes girls who are not whiny and independent and I think maybe he likes girls with nice body and all."

"Nice body?" dropped open.

"Yeah. Looking at his previous girlfriends... You know, matured woman and all."

"Ah..." Seul-ki nodded her head and looked down herself, at her small s. Nice body...

"But most importantly." He paused and smiled to himself. "He only wants a girl who is kind and can love him for who he is." Woohyun turned his cup round and round as Seul-ki watched his fingers. "He wants a good wife, that's all."

"A good wife."

"Yeah." He looked at Seul-ki who was having a thoughtful face. "What's with the question anyway?"

"Huh?" She became a bit nervous again. "Nothing... It's just that... I'm just curious."

"It's weird that you're asking such question about him. Don't tell me..." He cocked an eyebrow. "You like Hyung more than as a cousin?"

Seul-ki widened her eyes. "No!" She cleared miserably. "I mean... I just want to know about... men! What about Woohyun-sshi? What kind of girl do you like?" She asked, abruptly and to her relief, Woohyun stopped having a skeptical look on his face and began smiling from ear to ear.

"Me? Umm... I like girls who can cook well, cute, looks good in glasses and it's a big bonus if she doesn't mind me throwing hearts and will eat all my cooking!" He said, smiling giddily and Seul-ki couldn't deny that it was a bit contagious when she started smiling too.

"Did you find her yet?"

Woohyun's smiled turned a bit bitter when he looked down on the table for a few seconds. "We broke up."

"Eh?"

"Yeah.  Actually, we just broke up a few days ago."

"I'm... sorry to hear that."

"It's okay. I knew it was coming anyway." He said, shrugging. "Things just went wrong little by little and by time, we both knew it was impossible to be together any longer and I know well that her parents don't like me." He laughed a bit, but it sounded dry.

Seul-ki said nothing as she looked down on her cup of tea before looking up to see Woohyun's sad face. He was looking as if he was re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter