Crazy Things Can Happen, Right?

Variety Love

Chapter 5: Crazy Things Can Happen, Right?


How am I suppose to win if I can't find Yuri? L thought sheepishly as he crawled up the stairs, heading to the second floor. He opened a door to a small, quaint room filled with nothing but an empty bed with plain sheets. L again, left the room and took a different route to find Yuri. He was the only one from everyone else to run into their targets; sadly, he wished he could just get Yuri out already. 

Kwangmin was happily skipping down the stairs and on to the main floor, where all the other ones who were out were gathered in a circle, playing a card game just for time to fly by as quickly as possible. He waved cheerfully to the unhappy yet comfortable ones as he happily walked by them. Now looking for Dongwoo, it can be a little tricky to find the Hyung. 

Yuri reached the third floor, noticing L from below and quickly hid in a room that was empty. She knew Kwangmin and Dongwoo are left in the game. But all she was thinking about is just kick her target out and hide from the Visual L. So, she has no choice but to keep moving on. 

Dongwoo is very happy on what he'd accomplished. For him to celebrate, he decided to go back to the kitchen and eat some ramen the cooks quickly prepared for him and play with the little kids in the room next to the kitchen. But what he doesn't know is that his chaser is just nearby in the deadly corner...


Kwangmin's POV

I sat down on a chair in the dining hall, breathing with quick breaths that came out of my mouth endlessly. All that skipping, running, walking up the stairs got me tired. One of the staff hyungs gave me a glass of cool water. I thanked him with a nod and gulped the water down in a second. 

"Ah, that was refreshing," I smiled cooly and placed the glass on the table. "Huh, I wonder where Dongwoo-Hyung is..." 

"Dongwoo-Oppa! Stop tickling meee~!" A little kid's voice echoed from my far right. Eh? Dongwoo-Hyung is nearby? But he knows what I look like. He knows which twin is me and Youngmin. I can look like Youngmin. That's a good idea... 

I raced back to the gigantic circle where all the other players were gathered, now playing a game of rock, paper, scissors. Sungjong noticed me and called me.

"Kwangmin~!" Sungjong waved and I waved back. 

"Youngmin-Hyung," I called to my brother. He raised an eyebrow and stood up from his spot. 

"Yes?" 

"I have a question for you. Does Dongwoo know that I'm still in the game?" 

"Apparently," Sunggyu dropped in. "He thinks you're Youngmin and Youngmin is you. Technically, he thinks Youngmin is still in the game."

I raised an eyebrow, confused. "I thought he knew who was who?" 

"He can only tell you apart by your vocal." Donghyun explained to me. "Which raps and which sings."

"Also, he thinks Youngmin has manly jawline while he thinks you have a feminine jawline." Jeongmin added.

"Ah~" I bit my lip. "Youngmin-Hyung?"

"Yes, little bro?" 

"Can... Can we switch clothes?" I stammered and he looked at me as if I told him something I don't usually say to him. 

My brother sighed and gave me a small smile. "This is only to get our target, okay?" 

I grinned as it can take up my face. "Thank you, Hyung!" I ran up to him and gave him a hug. "Saranghae, Youngmin-Hyung!" I said cheerfully as I pulled away from the hug. I noticed my brother blush. 

Then in the background, you can hear Hyungseong giggling loudly while the others went "Awwwh~" or "Brother Love~". I finally dragged Youngmin to the washroom to change our clothes. 

It took us a good seven minutes to switch our clothes and a good twenty minutes to change into each others clothes. In a bonus fifteen minutes, we even changed our hairstyles. I stared at the mirror, gazing at my appearance I'm sporting right now. I look.... Different. 

"Well, hello Youngmin-Hyung." My brother winked at me while he gazed at his new appearance. I turned red a little bit and chuckled. 

"Hello, Kwangmin-Ah," I smirked and winked back. "Shall we get going?" 

He nodded and we decided to race back to the circle; everyone glanced at us and their expression turned into lost and confused puppies. Some of the Hyungs don't even know which one was Kwangmin or which one was Youngmin. Donghyun and Sunggyu raised an eyebrow and tried to know who's who while Woohyun called at the background, 

"Damn, I can't tell you apart!" Woohyun whistled. "y Twins!" 

"Will you marry me!?" I suddenly hear Minwoo at the background, joking. 

"Hey, he's mine!" Hyunseong joked along. "y~!"

Me and Youngmin exchanged looks, then laughed. 

"I can still tell you apart," Jeongmin smiled, then his jawline. "Just your jawline." 

Youngmin patted my shoulder. "Wish you good luck." 

I smiled. "Thanks. I kinda need it at this situation." 

Hyunseong tossed me a water gun, that wasn't too large to fit my arms or small to fit my pocket. I ended losing mine after I kicked out Sungyeol, I just don't know how I lost it. I thanked Hyunseong for the gun and greeted the others a good bye. I started jogging back to that room where I heard one of the little kids said Dongwoo's name loud so I can hear. As I sneaked in the dining hall and was about to go to the room, I took a deep breath. 

"Here it goes..." I sighed and walked in, trying to act 'normal'. I waved to the kids as they saw me. 

"Are you Youngmin?" The Hyung on the other side of the room asked me and I chuckled. I nodded and he went back to coloring a coloring sheet.

"Ah, Annyeonghaseyo Youngmin Hyung/Oppa!" The little kids greeted me. I greeted back, sounding lively and happy. I had to act more like my brother than myself in order to make the plan work perfectly fine. Dongwoo noticed me and without a doubt, he gave me his signature grin and greeted me with a little kid voice. 

"Ah, hi Youngmin-ssi!" Dongwoo smiled and gestures me to sit next to him. I did anyway, so I can try to get close to my target as possible. Anything can work. Let's hope for the best. 

"Hi, Dongwoo-Hyung," I said cheerfully as I sat down next to Dongwoo. He gave me a piece of paper and some crayons to color on. At first I refused the offer, but since it was for getting Dongwoo out, I just blandly accepted it. We chatted for a while that was basically getting to know each other and talk about our favorite memories. 

"By the way," Dongwoo said, while chewing on a piece of beef. "Who's your target?" 

I coughed out the noodles that was I the mouth and ate them again. I gulped hard. He wants to know my target. What do I do? I can't tell him it's him or the plan is ruined, he know that L's target is Yuri and Yuri's is me. Oh no...

Dongwoo was waiting patiently for my answer until he shot up from his seat and started running. I took off after he ran and chased him to the main hall. The others who are still playing a game of cards, noticed Dongwoo being chased by me. Jeongmin stood up and grabbed Dongwoo by the arms and I successfully shot him. But I was running so fast that I accidentally tackled him to the floor. 

"Oww~" Dongwoo groaned as I quickly got off from him. 

"I am so sorry!!!" I apologized and helped him get up on his feet. 

As Dongwoo gotten up on his feet, he groaned in pain. I felt bad for him. But in the good side, I got him out. I patted him on the back, telling him he did a excellent job and being an optimist in the game. Suddenly, I felt something wet spread everywhere on my back. What on earth...? I turned around and it turned out to be Yuri, my chaser. 

"Hi Kwangmin-Oppa!" Yuri said to me cutely. "How are you?" She gave me a cute look. 

"Wait- You're Kwangmin!?" Dongwoo exclaimed and I nodded. 

"We switched clothes and our hair," Youngmin placed an arm around me. "I have a feminine jawline while Kwangmin has a manlier jawline." 

"And I have redder hair than Youngmin-Hyung," I added. 

"Do you need a hug, Kwangmin-Oppa?" Yuri asked in a cute tone. 

I chuckled and gave her a hug. I kissed her forehead and I let out a sigh. 

"Cute!" The others smiled.

"I hate you..." I playfully said to my cousin. 

"I love you too," Yuri replied back, still hugging me. I pulled away with a smile. 

"So, Yuri and Myungsoo are left, huh?" Sungyeol spoke. "Good luck, dear." 

Yuri's pale complexion showed a streak of red. Awww, Yuri. 

"T-Thanks," Yuri stammered. "I... Really need it."



Myungsoo's POV

There was commotion on the main floor. I decided to go down the stairs and check what's going. After a few minutes going down the stairs, I peeked and eavesdropped on what the others were talking about. 

"So, Yuri-chan, how are you going to get L-ssi?" Minwoo asked the remaining contestant. 

"I don't know how," Yuri answered, with a hand on her chin. "Let's see how things turn out. Luck or Karma." 

"Since you need a lot of luck, I'll give you a little something," Jeongmin walked to her side and angled his head while leaning in to give her a peck on the cheek. He then winked at her while staring at the blushing Yuri. "You need luck from your bias, right?"

"Ehhhhh~" Donghyun and Hyunseong dragged him at least a few inches away from her. "Don't do that. Fans will get jealous." 

"Yuri-ssi!" Dongwoo called her name and she turned. "Let's rap together for a little bit pleaseee?" 

She smiled and cleared and asked Dongwoo, "What should we rap?" 

"Hmm," Dongwoo hummed. "What about.... Be Mine?" 

Yuri gave him a look, but agreed to do it anyway. "Which part?" 

"The final rap part," Dongwoo answered. "I'll do my part-"

"Obviously." The others said.

"-And Yuri shall do Hoya's part." 

The two main rappers cleared their throats once more and then they started. 

Da tujin anheul kka, sangcheo tto aneul kka

Kkeunhim eobtneun apeun gori e

Hangsang sori eobtneun jeonjaeng neon murihae

Geokjeong ye bang paero nan ni ape


And then Yuri comes in, rapping Hoya's part. 

Naneun dal cheoreom ni juwil dolgo dora

Buri keojyeo beorin ni sarangeun nohgo nalbwa

Gipi paeyo beorin sangcheo, deopeo julge

Utge, halge, naegeollo mandeulge


"Wow~" Everyone clapped as the two hugged. 

I slipped in the scene, without anyone noticing me carefully. The others were giving Yuri some support in order to find me. I took another step until the floor vaguely creaked and I quickly tried to run back except the fact Sungjong noticed me. I mouthed him, "Hey, don't say a word or I'll haunt you tonight." He nodded quietly and tried to act in character. 

Yuri took a few steps back from everyone, telling them thanks for the support and started jogging towards the east staircase to reach the second floor. Oh no, not this time. 

I took a run for it, passing by everyone else. I don't give a damn if the others noticed me, but I'm still running to get my target out. Yuri eventually noticed me from behind and started running faster. I chased her up to the second floor, to a room that can only fit two people technically. While my cameraman waited out for me, I stayed in the room until Yuri came out from the corner of the room, raising her hands in resignation. 

"Okay, L, you got me." Yuri sighed. "You're victorious." 

"Woah, woah," I walked towards her. "You can't give up that easy." 

Yuri chewed on her bottom lip. "W-Well, I'm your target and you're my target. So what's the big point?"

I had to smirk. I started to draw myself towards her until her back contacted the wall. My hands were placed on the wall, and I stared at her like there's no tomorrow. My right hand touched her cheek,  and I it. I knew Yuri's cheeks flushed in red and she felt nothing. 

"There's no big point," I whispered, leaning in closer so she can hear my words. "A game is a game, right?" I stopped the but I was so close to her face, my lips accidentally touched hers. I pulled away frantically and Yuri's redness turned even redder. 

"A-Ah, I d-didn't do it on purpose..." I stuttered. I was red too. "I'm s-sorry~" What did I do? At least te cameraman didn't take this. 

Yuri shook her head. "It's o-okay.." 

The awkwardness has hit the atmosphere. I can't believe what I just did. All I can think was about the whole accident kiss. Something else caught my eye. Yuri blasted her water gun on herself and spoke quietly to me, "I'll say you got me out." she left the room, still blushing and leaving me feeling all of these emotions come in. 

I wonder if this will affect our relationship. 


Normal POV 

Two hours later... 2:39pm 

With Sungjong and Yuri 

After the game, everyone had some snacks before they can go back to designated rooms. No filming is going to happen until next week. 

"Ah~ that was a good game to play on a typical normal day..." Sungjong smiled to himself and plopped himself on his bed. "Wow~ this bed feels cold~" 

"Y-yeah," Yuri said, still stunned about everything. "A-A good game alright..."

Sungjong noticed Yuri's cheeks which are red and how she's not talking much. "Yuri-ssi? Is something bothering you?"

Yuri flinched a bit. "Wha? N-No, it's nothing..."

Sungjong hopped off his bed and sat next to Yuri, who is fondling with her fingers. "You can tell me anything. You can trust me." 

Yuri looked at Sungjong hopefully, then sighed. "I... I am thinking about something." She took another big breath. "It happened... When me and L were left... In the game." 

"Okay... Good start." Sungjong said, nodding for Yuri to continue. "Keep going..."

Yuri sighed. "I... I mean, uh, L... He..." Yuri bit her lip. "I can't say it." 

"It's okay, you can let it out," Sungjong patted her back lightly, then taking a bite out of his biscuit. 

Yuri took a deep breath, then blurted out quickly. "L kissed me by accident!" She squinted her eyes shut.

There was a cough coming out from the pretty boy's mouth. He was choking from what he heard. Yuri noticed and she tried to pat his back while saying, "Omo!! I am soo sorry! I didn't mean too-" 

Sungjong coughed out a small bit of his biscuit and cleared his throat. "It's okay." He glanced at the girl. "Really? L-Hyung kissed you?"

Her cheeks turned even red. "N-No! It's not what I meant! By accident terms." 

"Ah~" Sungjong hummed. "Was that your first kiss?"

Yuri punched Sungjong playfully on the arm. "Excuse me, I had it when I was 13."

"Oh really?' Sungjong raised an eyebrow. "Who was it?"

"Now that you mentioned it," Yuri drifted. "I don't really remember."

"Ah~ you then must had your first love when you were thirteen." Sungjong hummed and Yuri looked at him. "Maybe your first love is actually here."

"Really?" Yuri wasn't too satisfied.

"You never know, Yuri. You never know."

 


a/n: sorry for not posting! i hope you enjoyed it! 

More coming up soon! 

Comment/Suscribe? :)