Alternate: Behind those Smiles

Variety Love

 

“May I ask why are we forced to spend time together? We do that already in the house!” Kwangmin asked, as they wonder the streets of Hongdae. “I mean, we're not awkward or anything, hyung,”

 

“They think we're awkward,” Youngmin ran his fingers over his hair in a feminine way as they passed by shops. “But since we're in Hongdae... We should have some fun while we're here and get free from the drama.”

 

“Drama? What drama?”

 

“The fact how Jeongmin, Myungsoo, Dongwoo, Minwoo, Donghyun and Sungyeol are liking our cousin.”

 

“Riiiiight.” Kwangmin exaggerated. “I don't understand, sometimes.” He have a pout. “I feel like I am lost somewhere else.”

 

“You are like that everyday!” Youngmin looked at him. “And you don't understand most of the time!” 

 

Kwangmin gave his brother a look and stopped infront of an icecream shop. “I'm sorta hungry from walking for a quite a while. Can we get icecream?” Youngmin agreed and walked in the icecream shop. “Oh the line isn't that long, just two people and it's our turn.” An elder was waiting infront of them while a young girl, around Yuri's age was still choosing her icecream flavour.

 

“Chocolate chip... No, banana strawberry...” The girl pondered at the various flavours. “I'll have vanilla, then.” The voice sounded familiar to Youngmin. “She sounds familiar?” Youngmin whispered."Who? The worker behind the ice-cream thingy?" Kwangmin peeped. Youngmin shook his head. "No, the girl who's getting Vanilla…"

 

"Okay, that was a little creepy on how you knew her order…"

 

"No, its just that… wait.." Youngmin walked out from his spot in line and tapped the girl's shoulder. "Sorry for interrupting but, is that you Lara?"

 

The girl blinked. “How did you...?” She took her icecream after paying while being dragged by Youngmin put of the shop. “Wait- Youngmin?” Lara blinked. “Yes it's Youngmin, and yah Kwangmin-ah, hurry up!” He rushed his brother. “Hold on! I'm buying ice cream and go ahead!” He said, taking the icecream comes and dashing off to wherever Youngmin wants to.

 

-----

 

“So you two were forced to hang out together?” Lara shot a look while eating her icecream and walking to a park. 

 

“And you live here?”

 

“Yeah, been here for my whole life.”

 

Lara nodded slightly while taking a seat under the tree. "See the weird carvings on that branch?" She pointed on the branch, with random hangul and drawings. The twins nodded at response. "I always climbed up there and carve random things as a kid. But since I'm 18 and I grew… I think I would get amnesia if I go up there."

 

"Do you guys take care of Yuri well?" Kwangmin asked about his cousin, chomping off the swirl of his ice-cream. 

 

"We really do, as if were idols and she's a baby on Hello Baby," Lara slightly smiled. "She's a good kid and she takes care of herself well. We sometimes go too far because due to guys liking her a lot." She laughed quietly. "But, since she's on In A House With Idols, it won't matter anymore. I bet Yuri will learn a lot after the final filming."

 

"She learned how to cook thanks to Sungyeol hyung," Youngmin stated, wiping the dripping cream from his 4D brother's mouth. "And play guitar from Jeongmin hyung."

 

"Those two have some stiffy for her. huh?" 

 

"No, Dongwoo, Minwoo, Donghyun and L also have a sitffy for her as well."

 

"Ah, all six liking her, huh? But she can't see?"

 

"Never saw their affection, except Donghyun… before.."

 

"Oh that's right." Lara remembered as she crumpled the tissue and placed it in her bag. "Her mom only told me about it since I'm the closest to her. It explains I understand her more."

 

"How does… Yuri handle her love life?" Kwangmin asked, taking a glance at Lara. "I mean, she had her first kiss and an ex now.. And she never mentioned her ideal type.."

 

"Actually, her ideal type is someone similar like U-KISS's Eli, MBLAQ's Mir, SUJU's Kyuhyun, EXO's Lay and Chanyeol mixed together and who is also charming, funny, honest, kind and sweet." 

 

"That I didn't know…"

 

"But if she knows one guy that takes interest in her and she doesn't know him well, easiest thing she would do first is hang out with him while their friendship grows stronger and probably date. That's how Zelo and her dated. If it's a guy that knew her for a lifetime or something, she might have a hard time accepting the fact her friend likes her." Lara said, while staring at the children playing. "Donghyun had a past with her, so his advantage winning her heart again is possible. I would say Minwoo might have the least advantage winning her heart…"

 

"I have to agree with that." The twins spoke.

 

"Hate to say this, you two should stop speaking at the same time often. Sorry…"

 

"Nah, it's alright." Kwangmin shook his head, not caring at all.

 

"Overall, if you think about it, Yuri isn't that girl who's always the happy and cheerful one most of the time everyone knows. There are times she cries herself to sleep because of some things she never told us, you two or her family about. It kills me to hear about Yuri crying. But one time I went to her place for a week (she used to live in Jeju Island) eight years back, in her drawers was a small pocketknife and a note stuck onto it that read:

 

Forgive Me from what I've done

 

She wanted to commit suicide and I suppose she went to depression before…"

 

"Her mom never said anything about her having suicidal thoughts.." Youngmin had his mouth open in a small 'o'.

 

"I never told her about it. I kept the knife and tried to make her happy for the next year until she met Donghyun again…" Lara sniffed a bit, remembering the past memories that made her sniff. "I had to thank Donghyun for making her happy… If it weren't for him… Yuri might not be here anymore…"

 

"And today, she's on a show. I'm proud of her." She smiled and suddenly, her ears ringed because of a song playing from a distance. "That's SUJU's Daydream… This song always made us sleep well.. Not sure why, but it helps." Lara smiled to herself and closed her eyes, resting her head on Youngmin's shoulder, "You might want to take a nap." She whispered..

 

Youngmin chuckled and rested his head on Lara's, while his brother lied down on his lap, taking a nap as well. Shining sun while its rays glossed on the fountain water and bubbles flew everywhere. The three rested peacefully under the shady tree while the small breeze cooled their sense into a dream states.

 

Geu su manhatdeon yaksokdeureun

 

Eotteoke, eotteoke~