Taking Care

Variety Love

Chapter 11: Taking Care



The next day~ May 31st 2013 9:30am — in the dining hall


Yuri walked into the dining room, looking very tired and felt sheepishly. Everyone eventually noticed her and greeted, “Good morning, Yuri!”

“No filming by the way,” Sungyeol spoke and Yuri just waved and strangely sat on the floor. “Uh...” Then her body fell forward, now lying on the ground helplessly. 

“Yuri...” Myungsoo got out from his seat and picked up Yuri, giving her a piggback. “Anyone know what happened to her?” He felt something very warm on his neck. “She feels hot..”

“Feeling warm, eh?” Her mom surprisingly walked in and placed the back of her hand on Yuri's neck. “As I expected...”

“Is she alright, Mrs.Min?” Dongwoo asked. 

“She's sick.” She replied. “Myungsoo, I suggest you can bring her back to her room and get a lighter blanket than her heavy comforter.” 

“She already received a lighter blanket two days ago,” Sungjong spoke as he fed himself with some eggs. “She wasn't feeling sick yesterday.” 

Yuri's mom sighed. “Well, today Yuri needs to rest. So I apologize if any of you booked an event with her today.” 

“How did you know she was sick, Mrs.Min?” Jeongmin asked her mom. 

“When she first walked in, she had a paler complexion that her usual complexion. Also, I received some calls from the production team that she's been coughing two weeks ago.” Yuri's mom replied. “And please call me Raven, Jeongmin-ah. You already know me for two years. And I feel like you're my nephew just like my handsome twin nephews.”

The twins exchanged looks at each other, with a geeky smile on their faces. 

“But sometimes, I feel like they are my sons and I treat them as if they were my own.” Raven smiled and the twin's goofy grin turned even goofier.

“Anyhow, uh, Yuri is like burning my neck,” Myungsoo squeaked. “She's a frying pan on my neck...”

“Please bring her back to her room,” Raven commanded the visual and he nodded, leaving the dining hall with Yuri on his back. She then glanced at Sunggyu and Sungjong. “You two. Please help me make her breakfast.”

The two exchanged looks. “But theres food on the–”

“Table I know. But she needs some soup. There's none. So come and help.”

“Myu...ngs..oo...” Yuri crooned and coughed. “Where...are w...e...” 

“Yuri-chan, you're sick,” Myungsoo climbed up the stairs, taking a left turn. “You're resting today.”

“B...ut, I wanted to... Spe..nd some time w..ith y...o..u..” Yuri said softly.

Myungsoo felt his cheeks turn warm, hearing Yuri's words. “You should rest. I'll be taking care of you today.”

“For 24 hours?” 

“Euuh?” 

“I mean, in Infinite's ask in a box interview, you said you'll take care your girlfriend for 24 h..ours.” Yuri chuckled but coughed a few times. “You..said that..”

“Heh.” Myungsoo blushed, remembering the interview. He opened the door to her room and placed her down on her bed. “Now lie down.” 

“You're–” Yuri coughed in between. “sounding like I'm your-” She coughed again. “Dog.” 

“Oh you,” Myungsoo sat on her bed, caressing her cheek. “Go get some sleep. I'll bring you breakfast in the next hour.”

“Ne, Oppa.” Yuri smiled and closed her eyes.

He went close to her. “Just remember,” L kissed her forehead. “if you need anything,” then her nose. “I'll be waiting,” giving slight kisses on  her cheek. “For your call.” He moved his lips to hers, brushed his lips onto hers lightly. He left Yuri unspoken, but yet slightly asleep. 

After leaving the room, Myungsoo smiled to himself and walked back to the dining room. “I don't care if I get sick,” Myungsoo said to himself, walking down the stairs. “As long she gets better, that's all it matters.” He his lips.

As he head down the stairs and back to the dining room, the only people left were Hoya, her cousins and Raven. It smells really good in here. 

“Hey, L,” Hoya waved and picked up the plates on the table. “How's Yuri?”

“She's sleeping when I left her,” L replied, helping Hoya to bring the dirty plates and utensils to the kitchen. “Her fever has probably gone a bit when I checked. By at least one degree down.”

“What do you mean by–”

“Hi Myungsoo,” Raven noticed him while sprinkling some spices in a pot. “How's Yuri?”

“It hasn't been an hour yet,” Myungsoo answered. “She's sleeping.”

“So for the whole day, we'll be nurses. Right, auntie?” Kwangmin asked and she nodded. “Eeeeh, I wanted to go play with Sungyeol hyung!” 

“You can play with him later,” Raven told. “You're going to check on her every hour along with your brother  until it's 3pm. Then Myungsoo will take over.”

“Can't Myungsoo take care of Yuri by himself?” Youngmin said with no feeling.

“No, he needs help. Why? Feel lazy? Want to go to Busan and go shopping? Or you just want him to get into a rela–” Raven covered . Realizing what she said; she left Hoya's jaw dropped, Kwangmin giving a look, Youngmin raising a brow. This just left Myungsoo smirking. “I wish you shall not say anything to anyone about this conversation. Clear? I apologized for my words.”

The boys nodded. “Yes, ma'am.”

“Yuri will kill me if she hears anything about this,” she facepalmed and sighed. “ Jo Kwangmin and Jo Youngmin. Please check on your cousin.” 

The twins didn't say a word and left immediately. She turned to Hoya. “Lee Howon. Please watch the soup. After five minutes, get a bowl and put the soup in.”

“Yes, Mrs. Min.” Hoya nodded and replaced her spot, watching the soup. 

“And Kim Myungsoo.” 

“Ne?”

“Can you come with me to the store to buy some groceries and Yuri's medicine?”

Anything for Yuri to feel better. “Okay. I'll get my jacket.”

“And you can get someone to go with us since I'll be going the groceries for the house.” Raven told and L nodded.

“Yuri's fever is going high...” Kwangmin entered the room, with a worried expression on his face. “It was 39.2” 

“And she wants, uh, L,” Youngmin rubbed the back of his neck. “She needs a favor.”

“What is it?” L asked. 

“Yuri didn't want to tell us. She justs wants to tell you.”

Myungsoo nodded and headed to her room as fast as possible. He opened the door of her room and called, “Yuri?”

“Ah... L...” Yuri crooned, with a small smile on her face. “I need a favor.”

“Yeah?” L asked, taking a seat on her bed. 

“I can't sleep.”

“And?”

“Can you... Sing for me?” Yuri asked, making L a bit startled. “Sometimes if I can't sleep, I listen to a singing compilation of your voice. It helps me.... Especially... When I'm sick... But my iPod is dead.. And I can't charge it... Since my body is use-” she coughs. “less.”

“Oh, I, uh, what do you want me to sing?” L asked sweetly. 

Yuri thought and slowly sat up. “Um... I love your voice on Man In Love..... There's more but... That's all I can think of..” 

“Hmm, want me to sing Man In Love?” L hummed. 

She lightly blushed and nodded. “Sure.”

He cleared his throat and scooted a bit closer to her, for Yuri to hear. “I'll just start from Sunggyu's part.” He smiled.

Siganeun cham ppareuge ga maeumman jogeuphaejyeo gago

Nae gyeote neoreul sangsanghae honjamanui yeonghwal jjigeo 


Yuri blushed and looked down, grinning as if she were crazy. 

Namjaga saranghal ttaeen kkok hangsang gyeote meomulmyeonseo neul haejugo sipeunge cham manha

Sarange ppajil ttaen nae sarmui modeungeol da jugoseo dan hana geu mamman barae

Sarange ppajil ttaen

Namjaga saranghal ttaeen namjaga saranghal ttaeen


“Thank you....” Yuri said smally. “Your voice... so beautiful....” 

“Anything for you...” L blushed from the compliment. “Feel better, okay?” He grabbed the thermometer and handed it to her. “Check your temperature before I leave.” 

She nodded and check her temperature. After a couple of seconds, a few beeps came from the thermometer. She had a slight smile on her face. “It came lower. 37.6”

“Oh so my voice heals you?” Myungsoo smirked. “Or is it you saw my face and it instantly dropped?”

“Very funny L.” Yuri rolled her eyes. “Even though I admit you are attractive, still no.” 

“Attractive?” Myungsoo still smirked and drew closer. “You're trying to make me kiss you. I know you want me to.” He winked. 

“L.” 

“Hmmm?” 

“You got to go.” Yuri whispered and leaned in. She gave a kiss on his lips, leaving him speechless. “Come back after, okay Oppa?” 

He nodded and left the room, still speechless. 

“Y...Yuri...” Myungsoo stammered. “Did you... Just...”

Kiss me?
 


Five hours later...


Myungsoo, still left unspoken after Yuri kissed him while walking with Raven, Sungjong, Hyunseong, Sunggyu and the twins in the market.

“You know what, let me treat you for something to eat.” Raven spoke after getting the bag filled with vegetables. “You all must be hungry.”

“Omma~ can you buy some kebab?” Kwangmin croaked. 

“I'll have sweet and sour!” Youngmin ordered

“Oh, oh, I want spicy!” Hyunseong begged. “PLLLEEAAASSE OMMA?”

“Okay, get a table and I'll be getting all of you food. Sungjong, Sunggyu– want anything?”

“I'll have some bubble tea,” Sungjong spoke. “Any flavor; doesn't really matter.” 

“Eh, water's fine.” Sunggyu smiled.

“And you Myungsoo?” 

Myungsoo glanced at Raven, then giving her a polite shrug. He didn't really want to talk. 

“I will buy some kimchi for you then,” Raven said and left the others, who luckily found a table next to them. They sat down and started a conversation. 

“Ah, Myungsoo hyung,” Hyunseong started. “Are you okay?” 

“You weren't talking since we arrive– oh what the heck before we left the house!” Kwangmin sighed. 

“He can be like this,” Sunggyu spoke. “Quiet, reserved- L's just L.” 

“So, what's your problem?” Youngmin asked.



L blinked, still not saying a word. 

“Chinja...” Sunggyu sighed and lightly hit his temple, L not giving a reaction. He just looked at Sunggyu, and blinked. “Something personal?”

It's like that, but not too personal. 

“You found out that you have a family problem?” Sungjong suggested. “I'm guessing.”

No. My family is doing well.

“Let me guess,” Kwangmin and Youngmin spoke. “Yuri happened?” 

How did you know? Ah, easy guess. You're her cousin anyway. 

“It's gotta be Yuri, come on, hyung,” Youngmin nudged L's arm. “I can tell.”

How did he... Myungsoo looked at Youngmin, blinking with the same expression on his face. He sighed and he nodded slowly.

“BWOH!?!?!” The others exclaimed. 

“What, what what?” Sungjong asked. “Please tell us, hyung!” 

“I...” Myungsoo finally said something after five hours. 

“Come on, it's not that big of a deal,” Sunggyu shrugged and he blew a raspberry. “It isn't like you like her or anything—”

“I do.” Myungsoo said firmly. “I...” He softly said. “I like Yuri.” 

Sunggyu's eyes widen; Sungjong had his hand over his mouth; Hyunseong had his jaw a little dropped; Kwangmin looked at him as if L's crazy and Youngmin just stared. 

“I...” He sighed, but continued. “For the past couple of weeks Yuri has been here... I started to fall for her... Slowly and without me noticing that I did.. I showed my affection to her. But when I found out that she was sick, I felt like this is a good chance to tell her how I feel before she gets any better by taking care of her... And...” Myungsoo sighed and stopped. 

“Yuri... Yuri told me that when we were filming the hide and seek game,” Sungjong spoke gently. “You accidentally kissed her.” 

“And... Also, she told me that you two were kissing in the dance room once.” Hyunseong's lips formed a straight line, letting out a sigh of grief. 

“You can't hold in, can you?” Kwangmin asked. 

“Yeah, I feel like I just wanna tell her. But what I seen that came from Sungyeol, Dongwoo, Jeongmin... Even Minwoo and Donghyun... I just can't.” Myungsoo confessed and a little tear came from his eye. 

“Aww, baby don't cry,” Sunggyu patted his back, the others startled from his words. “Don't you worry, kid.” 

“Dude.” Hyunseong coughed. “Baby? Really?” 

Sunggyu glared at him. “This must be hard for you, huh?” 

Myungsoo nodded, wiping his small tears from his eyes. Sunggyu and the twins comforted him while Sungjong and Hyunseong 'asked' if they can go to the washroom, but really; they had to talk.

“So Donghyun hyung and now Myungsoo, huh?” Hyunseong spoke. 

“Don't forget the other four that he mentioned.” Sungjong added. 

“So technically, we all know about this. Not the others.” Hyunseong said.

“Woohyun's suspicious and Hoya got a hint from Mrs. Min.” Sungjong replied. He sighed. “Will Yuri handle all of this?”

Hyunseong shrugged. “One thing for sure is...”

“Hhm?” 

“She's going to experiencing love, taking a rollercoaster ride. And she'll be going in it soon.” 
 



a/n: Poor Myungsoo-Oppa :c 
he's confirmed that he likes Yuri.
how do you feel about that? Do you ship Yuri x Myungsoo?  

Well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, even tho it was sotra short :p
See you soon, readernims~! <3