Recovery

Variety Love

Chapter 22: Recovery



Sungyeol's POV

As I watched beaten, weary Yuri falling asleep on her father's lap [while the others decided to sleep as well], it gets me thinking on how are we suppose to act now when we're filming. Yuri can't look like this on media, or others will think differently to the show. We're at home now, in the main room. A few were sleeping on the couches, a couple on the carpet and the rest were sleeping with a pillow. 

All of us we're extremely tired to go up to our rooms. I was still wide awake, unable to fall asleep. The beaming moonlight shined on Yuri's bruises. Just seeing her bruises makes me want to burst into tears. But, I know she will be better. She just needs some time to. As the night waned slowly and my dark circles started to go worse, a set of heavy breathing came from someone in the room. I took a look. The breathing turned into quick-paced breaths. Then, a gasp escaped from someone's lips. Yuri, shot up from her sleep and panted. 

I crawled to her, avoiding kneeing Dongwoo on the pelvis & Sunmi's head and tapped her on the thigh. “Yuri? Everything alright?” I whispered. 

She flinched after I touched her. “S...Su..re...” She responded, her voice sounding shaky. 

“A nightmare frightened you?” 

“Y...ye..ah,” She replied, still taking quick breaths. “C...au..se of t-the..” Yuri can't speak. I guess the kidnapping really frightened her. 

“Come here,” I whispered calmly as I took her in my arms and picked her up just like a groom will carry his bride. Feeling her shaking body, I tip-toed, avoiding to step on Minwoo's baby face and Suzanna's shoulder and went to the staircase. I placed her down gently as I took a seat beside her. She was still in the same situation, but this time tears created a rainfall out from her eyes and she clinged onto my side. I held onto her by holding her petite waist and kissed her forehead as long as she felt safe. 

“Oppa-” Yuri sniffed. “He..lp m..e- J-Jebal...”
 

"Shhhh~" I calmed her down, rubbing her back, trying to make her relax more. "Relax."

 

"I… I can't…" Is all she said, shaking. I cupped her bruised face and kissed her. "E..ven that… would..nt.. h..e..lp."

 

"What makes you feel better?"

 

"I can't- really… think…"

 

"Well, what is that one thing that makes your day a bit better, even just by looking at it?"

 

"If I see Sung..yeol's owl face by a gl..ance, I think I'll feel a little more b..e..tter.." 

 

My owl face... makes her feel better?

 

"Or ice cream… It works…"

 

Okay good. I wasn't in a clear mood of doing my owl face. I picked her up once again, taking her to the dining hall and I placed her carefully on the table. I went over to the freezer and took a bucket of chocolate ice cream and two spoons along with me. As I returned back to the table where Yuri was sitting on, I saw her limbs shivering coldly while trying to warm herself by hugging her knees close to her body as possible. Only wearing a tank top plus shorts in the middle of the chilly night isn't that smart. But it was the quickest thing she could change into since she wanted to sleep. Placing the ice cream bucket down (same with the spoons), I slipped off my shirt, leaving me only in a tank and gave it to Yuri. "You might need it more than I do." I yawned after talking. 

 

She took it and slipped it on slowly. "T-Thanks, O-Oppa…" 

 

I patted her head as I yanked the ice cream bucket lid off gently. I handed her a spoon while I took a spoonful of ice-cream. "I really hate to ask this- I even hate myself for asking but…"

 

Yuri ate small amounts. "Hmm?"

 

"You lost your ity cause of what happen, right…?"

 

Yuri took a breath while eating a small spoonful and nodded nervously. I gaped at her. 

 

"I'm sorry if I asked…" I apologized. Yuri shook her head, telling me it was okay. "What matters is, you're safe. I know it may take you a while to recover, and it will, but one thing I know is you are a strong, beautiful lady that will keep being happy and grateful for everything. I want you to know that I care for you. If you need me, I am here for you, Yuri. Never forget that the past is gone. You have a future coming to you." I kissed her bruised cheek, feeling a tear escape from her eyes. 

 

A faint 'thank you' came from her.

 

 


a/n: finally i updated this story *cheers* now to write the chapter in the other fanfic.
 
comment/suscribe? thanks for all the support! (even though there's like only 7 comments), I still thank you for supporting!

here is Sehun for you:


And Tao for you: 



omg he makes me cry


and this picture:



so y i cant even ncibnasojvcbaskoncaosbcvnaos