One Shot

Variety Love

 

Chapter 20: One Shot

 

 

Sungjong's POV 

 

Team Omega: Hyung line of Boyfriend, Yuri's two sisters and two other army soldiers

 

Team Beta: Sungjong, JongLo, Yongguk and two police officers

 

Team Alpha: Remaining of INFINITE; Yuri's parents 

 

Team Nox: Jo twins, Himchan, Minwoo, DaeJae and a few representatives of the army

 

//17 more hours until Mission: Save Yuri//

 

I stared at the small black bag, filled with two shirts, a first aid kit, a walkie talkie, a flashlight, batteries, a map, some money (1000 Yen) , and a water bottle. In my hands was a shotgun, loaded with its bullets. I skimmed my fingers on the weapon, from the trigger to the handle. I wasn't sure if I'm ready to take everything on. I mean, we're idols. Will this be on the news? I shivered on the thought of seeing headlines speaking: 

  INFINITE saving 18 year-old girl from kidnappers! 

or

Boyfriend and Infinite are not normal idols? They are risking idols!

 

“Sungjong?” Jongup entered the room, holding a bag that owns unidentified contents. “There's something you want to hear.”

 

“Yeh, what is it?” 

 

“Just in case media comes along, Mr.Min and a few from the army will be taking care of the media.” He spoke, taking a seat on the floor right next to me. “Besides, we'll be in disguise so there is nothing really to be bothered about.” 

 

I was happy when I heard that Yuri's father will be handling all media that comes into our trails. “Thanks, Jongup. I was worried there.” 

 

“No worries, this is for Yuri, correct?” 

 

I nodded. “What's inside the bag? I hope I am not a bother if I asked.” I was curious on what's inside there. Jongup reached into the bag and pulled out a small (not too small) box. He handed it to me. 

 

“It's from Yuri's sister.”

 

“Which one? Suzanna or the crazy one?”

 

“Suzanna, she says in there are some small items that we might need. I wasn't sure what's in the box, but she said its useful. Check it out yourself.” He gave me a small smile and left me in the room. I don't bother to open the box, but slipped it inside the bag. I opened the closet, and took out my unused black, leather jacket and threw it on my bed. I was getting myself prepared. Everyone else are preparing themselves: getting some self-defense in their bodies, practicing shooting, I ran my fingers over my short hair, and sighed. Just this... We need to do this right. Time is ticking endlessly and whatever we do first counts. We only have... 

 

One Shot.

 

 

 

//5th hour on Mission: Saving Yuri// Team Beta status: under the sewers of the hotel//

 

"How many more hours approximately until our time runs out?" Jongup asked, while smoothing out his jacket wrinkles. "Awh, the smell in the sewer is yuck!" He coughed from the smell of the sewer. 

 

"You know, hyung, it's only 5th hour. We only have 20 left, but our goal is to get her back less than 20, around 10th hour her father she wants her back. Zelo spoke, wearing his mask so he won't have to breathe the smelly fumes often. "So we have 10 hours to get her back minimum." His voice muffled through the mask lightly. 

 

"Turn here," Police officer 1 told us and we obliged. 

 

"Be careful," Yongguk's deep voice told us.

 

We took a slight turn on our left, walked another 100 meters, then took another left once again. I wiggled my flashlight everywhere from the pitch black darkness of the 'not-so-what- stinker-up sewer anymore. We chatted in whisper while we strolled through the sewer, taking a turn here and there and more meters and meters. Until something stranger happened. While the talks happened, the deep and rich voices from the police officers and Yongguk started to fade slowly and slowly until no voice from them echoed the sewer walls. We never noticed… We never did. 

 

"Hyungs…." Zelo spoke lowly and we glanced at him. "What happened to the officer-nims?" He asked with worried eyes while the flashlight shone on his face. "And Yongguk hyung.."

 

Jongup faced his flashlight behind him. His eyes widen. "What the…." He looked at us worriedly. "They're aren't here." 

 

"What…" My voice sounded fainted. We turned back to our walking, remembering what Raven told us.

 

No matter if you lose a team member, keep going! Don't look back. Move forward. They will eventually come back, I promise you all. 

 

A rock pebble created such a noise that we can hear it crisp. We stopped walking. I turned off my flashlight, placing it in my bag and warmed my hands, getting my self-defence on. Jongup slipped into his back pocket, getting a sharp stone out. Zelo still had his flashlight on, getting himself ready by taking deep breaths. That's when it hit us. A faint groan escaped from Zelo's mouth, making him fall on the ground. A rock that is the size of my fist hit his back. He flipped, now on his back and flashed the light and what we can tell:

 

"HYUNG! LOOK OUT!" He screamed and got up quickly. 

 

"Zelo-ah! Go ahead!" I handed him the small box that Suzanna prepared. "Don't worry about us! We'll handled it here!" 

 

He nodded and rapidly rushed out of our sight. Two men, one bulky and around 6 feet and the other lean and five inches shorter than him came into our eyes with grappling fists that choke the hell out of us. One shot. Remember. One shot for everything. Mr. Min's voice of that sentence echoed in my head.  Here we go: Hell or One shot.

 

I first did the move: threw the punch on the lanky man while Jongup fought the bulky man. The lanky man threw a kick, but I endured it and flipped him. I got on top of him and started throwing punched while yelling on his face. "WHERE IS YURI! WHERE IS SHE DAMNIT!" Blood started to go on my hand, but I didn't care. Someone pulled me up from beating up the man and grabbed the hold of my head; same with Jongup's. The lanky man got up, feeling weak thanks to me. 

 

"You little-" He spat blood at me, throwing a heavy punch on my face and to Jongup as well. We both breathed deeply and glared at the man. "idiots these days…" He threw another and another until it stopped after his tenth one. "Knock them out, B'gann." 

 

The bulky man gripped our heads a little tighter and used powerful force to hit our head together. We groaned in pain, and what I only saw is a piece of paper landing in my daze and the darkness grew dark in my eyes. 

 

 

Zelo's POV

 

// Team Beta status: two missing, two in need of medical assistance and one heading to destination//

 

I ran and ran. That's all I did. I climbed up a ladder, leading somewhere I don't know, but I had to keep going. I must not worry about them, I must be strong and brave. I reached to a vent door where the ladder lead up to and pulled it out. I slithered in and climbed up. After an hour of doing crawling in the vent, I finally reached to the inside of the hotel, but I'm still in the vent. Where am I in the hotel, you ask? In the main lobby, sadly. Originally, I was suppose to go on any floor, excluding the main lobby due to the fact I can get caught and never come back and Team Beta failed thanks to me. I peeked through the narrow lines of the vent, and a sight caught my eyes. Team Alpha are heading to the front to check in aka go look for Yuri in the hotel while pretending you are here for vacation. Best excuse anyone can believe on. 

 

I decided to continue my mini journey and continued crawling in the vent, going to a different floor if possible. 30 minutes flew by and I think I should get out of the vent. My long legs are numb and I'm starving like a hungry wolf. I found a vent door and moved the door, peeping my head through the door. Wow, I'm in a luxury suite and what floor am I? The 31st or what? I quickly took off my shoes and went in the room while placing back the vent door. I quickly looked left and right, to see if anyone's in here and it looks like no one is. I rapidly took light steps and headed to the door; as the minute I tried to opened the door, the lock of the door clicked. I jumped, surprised that someone is coming to this room. I looked for the nearest place to hide and the closet was the first place I hopped in to.

 

As I hid in the closet, I started to hear some noises from the person who came in. That wasn't one… IT WAS TWO- ONE MALE AND ONE FEMALE. But those noises… Oh you have to be kidding me. I took out my phone and started to text Yuri's mom. 

 

Junhongie: Psst! Raven what floor are you in?

Min Raven: We are currently in the elevator. Where are you?

Junhongie: Uuuhhhhh, in a luxury suite but I'm not sure what floor and room

Min Raven: Is anyone in the room?

Junhongie: sadly and they are going to make love. HELP ME TT^TT

Min Raven: WHAT!? You know there are five floors that are with luxury suites? It might takes us a while to find you six! >0

Junhongie: Make that one. Sungjong and Jongup allowed me to run because two men attacked us. I AM SORRY AUNITE TT^TT AND THE POLICE MEN ARE GONE BEFORE WE GOTTEN ATTACKED I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY AT. AND YONGGUK HYUNG IS GONE TOO.

Min Raven: oh Zelo. Can you at least try getting out of there? 

 

Let's hope: Hell or One shot. I slowly opened the closet door and slipping out of there. I wished I brought earplugs but… what the heck. Ignoring everything, I quickly unlocked the door and finally and freely slipped out of the room. I would feel sorry for those two just in case Room Service or Housekeeping came by. I slipped my shoes on and ran, to find the elevator and surprisingly ran into Team Alpha. "At least i got out, Auntie." I smiled at Raven. 

 

"Okay, first what happened to you, second why do you smell bad and third what do you mean you got out?" L gave me a look. This guy, why so serious -_-

 

"Well," I began. "The dirt and muck came from the sewer same with the smell and I was trapped in a luxury suite due to the fact there was a couple who entered the room and started making love." My face went into a bland state. "If you're wondering, the maknae of INFINITE and Jongup hyung were attacked so they let me go to sacrifice themselves while I have no damn clue where the police officers went. They disappeared. Same with Yongguk hyung."

 

"At least you kept going," Sunggyu patted my back. "No sign of Yuri or anything yet." 

 

"Where's the hotel room you guys booked?" 

 

"Just a couple steps away from this spot."

 

"Can I stay there for now? I really need a bath." 

 

"We're about to go there anyway." Yuri's father patted my back.

 

I hope everything will go alright. 

 

 

// Seventh hour// Team Nox status: Outside of Hotel// Two representatives in sewers//

 

Kwangmin's POV

 

"Hyung, why are we here again?" I asked, my muffled voice breathed through the mask, smelling the unpleasant smell in the sewers. "What are we doing?"

 

"We were ordered to check if Team Beta successfully proceeded to their next destination," Himchan spoke, waving his flashlight. "I heard that two of the kidnapper's workers were ordered to go attack them."

 

"So, this is all a check up?" 

 

He nodded and we continued walking. While investigating, I felt something hard but squishy at the same time. I stopped, confused what I stepped on. Flashing the light on the ground, I gasped. Sungjong and Jongup, lying on the ground with blood on their faces. Himchan noticed and knew directly that the attackers did attack them. I picked up Sungjong on my back while Himchan lifted up Jongup on his back as well. A piece of paper caught our eyes and I picked it up; stuffing it in my pocket. We started to run back, taking only five minutes to go back to main ground. Himchan banged the van door, telling Minwoo to open it. Minwoo did open and noticed Sungjong and Jongup's condition. 

 

"Oh god, what happened?!" Minwoo gestured us to come in the van. Placing Sungjong and Jongup on the seats, I took out the first aid kit. "We found them like this, that's what happened!" 

 

"Where's Yongguk?" 

 

"We didn't find him when we found the two…"

 

"Ah…" Minwoo rubbed ointment on the the wounds of the two boys while Daehyun wrapped bandages on their heads. "Yoo Youngjae, call Mr. Min and report that we found Team Beta SJ and JU in need for medical attention. " 

 

Youngjae nodded and pressed buttons on his cellphone. 

 

“What's the paper?” Himchan poked my arm.

 

“Huh?” I asked. 

 

“The paper you found on the ground. What is it for?” 

 

I took the folded piece of paper out and unfolded it. On there are written characters that made me have a puzzled look on my face. “What the..” I handed the paper to my brother. “Any idea? I have no clue what that is?” 

 

He also had the same look, but after rotating the paper... “The paper says.. 

 

If you have forgotten where your boss, he and the others are in the hotel basement, Storage Room 2-Y3 Mr. Kim Soo. 

 

- B'gann”

 

“Wait- so they're in the basement?” Youngjae held his phone against his ear. “They aren't- ah yeoboseyo?”

 

“OH WOW SO THEY CHECKED IN FOR NOTHING.” Youngmin spoke loudly. “Waste of our money.” He sighed.

 

“A-ah...” A faint noise escaped Jongup's lips. He blinked and sat up slowly. “What... Himchan..Hyung..” 

 

“We know we're Yuri is...” Youngjae spoke to Mr. Min. “Yes, meet us in the main lobby. We will arrive there shortly.” He hung up. 

 

“Huh? Yuri...” Jongup spoke faintly, taking heavy breaths. 

 

“Stay here with the army representatives, you need to be healed..” I told, while getting out of the car.

 

“No, I'm coming if my condition is bad. Sungjong's worse and all I need is a bandage wrapped on my head and I'm alright.” He rejected, getting out of the car slowly. “I'll be okay. There's two other soldiers coming with us plus her dad. Trust me on this.” 

 

Almost there. Just one more step.

 

 

Donghyun's POV

 

//Eighth Hour//Team Omega Status: Basement of Hotel//

 

I coughed as we pushed the dusty and dirty boxes in the hotel's basement. "What are we doing here anyway?" I coughed as I lifted a small box and placed it somewhere else. "Are we checking if the kidnapper's hideout is here?"

 

"Hush, little one," Suzanna told me in a mysterious tone. "Please watch your tone of voice, it may alert the kidnapper if were his presence is alive and awake." I swear on earth, she is so mysterious she creeps my soul out. I feel like my soul was eaten out from her.

 

“Yah, Suzy, stop scaring Donghyun-ssi,” Sunmi [the crazy, and scary older sister] told her younger sister. “Yes, Unnie.” She spoke while dusting a box. 

 

“Someone's coming..” Jeongmin whispered. We heard footsteps muffling through the main door of the basement. We all hid behind the boxes, while we stared whoever came in the basement. 

 

“That is so annoying! Ugh, when are we getting rid of Yuri, on earth sake!” A voice belonged to a man. Yuri? “Can't we just let her go? I can't handle her anymore!” 

 

“Look, unless her father or the money comes by, we'll let her go,” Another voice told him, as he passed the boxes where Jeongmin and Sunmi were hiding behind. “That's weird.” He stopped infront of the moved boxes. “All the big boxes are at the side, and the small...” 

 

“At least we don't have to go try to do the splits when we go over those boxes.” 

 

“This is why our boss placed those big boxes there. To 'warm up' our spreading of legs...” 

 

“EXCUSE ME DO YOU KNOW I HAVE BITES ON- OWWW!” The man fell in front of the other man. A needle was injected on his back, making the man pass out. “Who's there!?” The other man brought out a knife, looking in all directions.

 

“Why hello there.” Suzanna came out from her hiding spot, scaring the man already with her mysterious aura around her. 

 

“I swear, is she sidekick or what?” I whispered to Hyunseong. . He just gave me a lightless shrug.

 

"You look lost my friend, are you looking for some help?" 

 

"Wh-who are you.." His eyes shaken in fear as Suzanna drew more steps closer. "I have never seen someone around here.."

 

"Hmm? But why were you mentioning a name? Yuri, was it?" Suzanna's aura grew deeper. This makes my spine shiver, just hearing her speak alone. "I lived here for my whole life, inside a box. My parents died. How about you? Where are you going?"

 

"U-uh…" His words stuttered heavily like fog. 

 

"Let me follow you. I am lost." Suzanna is already face to face, while the man's face is in terror. "What are you, a witch!?" He shrieked. 

 

"No, but I am Yuri's older sister." She spoke, injecting a liquid pain killer in his abdomen. Watching him fall on the dusty tiled floor, she blinked and said, "I found where my sister is."

 

"Huh?" The female sergeant popped her head, a little frightened of Suzanna. "How did you know? We don't even know where the room is." 

 

"Storage Room 2-Y3," She pointed at the room. Storage? "I remember it used to be a hotel room before. I can tell Yuri is there because there are screams and yells." Suzanna blinked. 

 

"Okay people!" Sunmi shouted; everyone else coming out from our hiding spots. "This is it! Prepare yourselves." 

 

"You forgetting some people?"

 

We all turned around and saw the other teams. Mr.Min held a gun and tossed it to me. "If you are wondering, Sungjong is severely injured and Yongguk is somewhere…" 

 

"Remember: Hell or One shot." Raven started walking to the room and stopped at the front door. 

 

"You ready?" Dongwoo patted my shoulder. I nodded and he gave me a light punch on the arm. Jongup walked up beside me; I looked at him giving him a 'what happened to you' look. "Got beat up." He replied, with a faint smile/smirk on his face. "Are you sure? Remember before.." Right.. That.. I gave him a firm nod. "Then lets go." 

 

Here we go.
 


a/n: HOPE IS COMING I SAY OMO~



See you later~