Memories in a Box

Variety Love

 

Chapter 12: Memories in a Box


A week have passed, today is June 7th. Two days before Infinite's anniversary. Infinite is not in the house due to their schedules, only Boyfriend and Yuri are remaining. All of them are in the dance room; Boyfriend practicing and Yuri watching. 

“Aand, you're done!” Yuri called, turning off the stereo. “You guys are really working your asses off.” 

“Thank you-” Youngmin thanked but he fell on the ground, thanks to his wobbly legs. “Oooww and this floor is so cold.... Feels nice.” 

“HAHA!” Jeongmin laughed at Youngmin, pointing to him. “That's one of the bad things of being ta-aah!” He then got tripped by Kwangmin. “Yah! You fool!” 

Kwangmin laughed, but Jeongmin pulled his pant leg, making him fall down. He glared at Jeongmin, who is smiling at him geekily. 

“The floor feels nice...” Hyunseong sighed in happiness after lying down on the floor, rolling around. “Is it possible if I can sleep here?”

“I slept here.” Yuri raised her hand.

“Me too!” Minwoo shouted. “But I actually went to bed here.” 

“Let's take a break.” Donghyun lied on the floor on his tummy. “Wow, this floor is nice.”

“I know right!” Jeongmin said in English. “Hey, let's talk in English!”

“Why?” Youngmin asked in English. “We have no geed Engrish!” 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA ENGRISH!” Yuri laughed. 

“Let practice for our intalneshunol fans.” Kwangmin said, trying to pronounce 'international'. 

“Yuwee!” Donghyun called. “Please get a camara, so we cun say sumtheng four owa internetionul fans!” He did tried his best to speak in English. 

“Haha, you guys are cute.” Yuri smiled speaking in Korean. “I have my phone with me, so I can record you guys and edit.” She took out her phone. “Get ready!”

They nodded and gathered around in a circle. 

“Hana, Dul, Set!” Yuri timed and pressed record on her phone.

“I'm your Boyfriend! Annyeonghaseyo we are Boyfriend!” Boyfriend did their usual greeting infront of the camera. 

“We just want to say, thank you to all our fans for being there for us til the very end.” Donghyun said in Korean. “Also, we have a special thing to give you through camera!”

“This for our international fans!” Minwoo cheered, giving a heart. “And our fans here in Korea!”

“Jeongmin-ah! Start your message!” Hyunseong nudged. 

“Okay, I just want tu sae dat I lave you all and thank chu for loving us!” Jeongmin spoke in English. “Te Amo!” 

“Ah, uh, Kwangminne wants chu to know dat I miss you and I love you so much!” He half said his sentence in English and the other half Korean. “Saranghae~” 

“We will try our best to see all of you, Bestfriend.” Hyunseong smiled. 

“And for meee,” Youngmin drifted. “I love you.” 

“As da leedar,” Donghyun spoke. “I just wanna sae that we love you and hope that we shall bring you happiness in the fur awai futare.”

“I love you, ppyong!” Minwoo happily said. 

“Bye bye!” They all said together and waved. Yuri turned off the camera and smiled. 

A knock on the door echoed in the dance room and it was a producer. “Yuri?”

“Ne?” Yuri called back. “Door's open.” 

“Yuri-ah, there's someone who wants to see you.” She replied, opening the door. “It's not your mother nor your friends.” 

“Who would it be then?” Yuri asked, standing up. Boyfriend as well stood up too, curious on the unknown visitor. 

“He's not with me, but he's waiting at the main hall.” She replied. “He wants to talk to you.”

He? It can't be my dad, no... He's serving right now. My other cousins are in Canada right now... It can't be– 

Yuri stormed off the dance room and rushed to the main hall, where a guy waited on the stairs, with a box on his hand. He had a blue handkerchief wrapped on his neck, blue shirt on top of a black sleeved shirt, blonde hair with some blue– 

“Choi... Junhong.” Yuri stammered, her eyes widen. “Z-Zelo.” 

He turned around, hearing his name. “Kirei-ah...” He smiled. “Min Yuri.”

“Never left my nickname, huh?” Yuri asked, strolling to him. “Stuck to you?”

“Contact name, too.” Zelo laughed. “It's been a while huh?”

“Nine months,” Yuri replied, nodding. “How you been doing lately?” 

“Pretty good,” Zelo smiled, playing with the box in his hands. “How about you? I heard you were on a variety show.” 

“Yeah, being stuck with idols and my cousins too.” Yuri grinned. 

“Cousins?” 

“Boyfriend's Youngmin and Kwangmin.” 

“The twins... Jongup says they're very handsome. I agreed to that too. No wonder why you are so pretty.” 

Yuri smiled and blushed. “Reason you call me Kirei?” 

“What?” Zelo raised a brow. “It's suits you.” 

“Haha, anyway,” Yuri changed the topic. “What's the reason you're here?” 

“Well, I'm not saying that I want to get back together,” Zelo began. “But there was something you left.” 

“Eh?” 

“It's in this box,” Zelo shook the box. “There a couple of things... That you forgotten.” 

He handed Yuri the box and she took off the lid, placing the lid on the ground and peeked in the box. Inside there were three polaroids snapshots: one of Yuri, one of Zelo and the last one the two together; A journal; a pair of aviators and last but not least, a keychain that holds a bunny. 

“Two months after we broke up, you told me you forgotten something but you never came to pick it up,” Zelo told, while Yuri scanned the box's items. “So I decided to bring it to you in person. I didn't want to bring it to your band or your family because they didn't know about us.” 

“My dad knew including your friends, but that's all.” Yuri said. She picked up the keychain. “Don't you have a name for the bunny?”

“Huh?” 

“While we were together back then, you named the bunny something.” Yuri smiled. “I just don't remember.” 

“Ah, Toto mato?”

“Sounds like tomato, but okay.” Yuri giggled and Zelo had to chuckle too. 

“Anyway, good luck in being the variety show,” Zelo wished her luck. “And have fun, that's all it matters.”

Yuri nodded with a slight smile on her face. “Okay. Just asking, are you dating?”

Zelo nodded. “I'm dating No Soojong. Remember her?”

“I expected, you two look good together.”

Zelo smirked. “Don't get jealous.”

“Shut up, Choi!” Yuri whacked Zelo's arm playfully. 

“Just kidding. I know you're being honest. I just wanted to visit you after for a while.” Zelo grinned. 

“Okay.”

“I better get going,” Zelo looked at his wristwatch. “I have to study for the mid-term.”

“Which midterm?”

“Biology. And physics.”

“That wasn't too fun. Fighting~” 

Zelo smiled and he went to the door, Yuri following him. He glanced at Yuri after opening the door. “Bye Kirei-ah...”

“Bye Zelo-ah,” Yuri waved. Surprisingly, Zelo leaned and gave her a quick kiss. “What was...”

“Wishing you good luck for being on the show. Fighting!” Zelo grinned crazy. “See ya.” 

Leaving Yuri after the door closed, Yuri stared in the box again, picking up the Polaroid snapshot with the two together. She smiled and placed it back again, heading back to her room. Entering her room, she opened the box again and took out all of the things that were held. Yuri grabbed her bag and opened it to get her blank journal that had nothing but pages.Taking out some tape, she placed the three polaroids in different pages. Staring at the pictures, she kissed one of them and placed the journal back in the box, putting the lid and placing it away under her bed; taking off to go back to the dance room. 



“Churi-chan!” Minwoo called happily when Yuri opened the door. “What happened?”

“Nothing really, met with a friend.” She said, sitting down. 

“Friend? Who was it?” Jeongmin asked, raising a brow. 

Yuri was startled by his words. “Since when you wanted to know who I met? Does it matter?” 

“It's okay, Yuri-ssi,” Youngmin said. “We know you for two years but for me and Kwangmin longer. You can trust us.”

She sighed. “Okay. It was my ex..”

Donghyun started coughing water. “Ex?”

“WAIT YOU DATED BEFORE!?” The twins exclaimed. “HOW COME WE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THiS!?” 

“Woah woah,” Yuri calmed down the others. “Geez guys, he didn't want to get back together. He just wanted to give me some things that I forgotten.”

“Tsk, was he a player?” Jeongmin asked.

You sound jealous. “Nah, I was his first girlfriend and he was my first boyfriend before we broke up. He's dating another girl and he's happy.”

“Is he your Oppa or your his Noona..?” Hyunseong asked.

“Noona. But he doesn't call me that, he calls me Kirei.” Yuri replied. 

“Doesn't kirei mean pretty in Japanese?” Minwoo asked. “Or beautiful?”

“Yeah, he calls me that since he said I'm so pretty and plus he said I got it from my twin pabos.” Yuri teased.

“Yah, we aren't pabos,” Youngmin glared at Yuri.

“Your mom told me that once you two tried or wanted to jump off the diving without your swim shorts on.” Yuri gave them a look. “Also–”

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!” Jeongmin laughed at his dongsaeng. 

“Aish, chinja...” Youngmim formed a straight line on his lips. “You win. But you're a pabo too.”

Yuri just grinned. “Even.” 

“Anyways, what was his name?” Donghyun asked, Yuri staring at him. “I mean, uh, if you want to say it.” 

“His name is Junhong, but his friends and teachers and family and myself call him Zelo.” Yuri replied. “It just suits him.” 

“Zelo?” Kwangmin asked.

She nodded. “Why?”

“I remember him. He was a junior along with you in school.” 

“Huh? How did you know?” 

“He was in a group called Tekko, a band just like Version 7.0,” Kwangmin explained. “I heard they're going to audition for a record company sometime next year.” 

“Tekko?” Hyunseong asked.

“They're pretty good.” Yuri added.

A silence slipped in the room for the next couple of minutes until a strange gurgling sound came into the room. 

“Aha,” Minwoo blushed in embarrassment. “I'm hungry.”

“Don't worry, Mickey Woo. I'm hungry too.” Yuri gave a thumbs up.

“What's for lunch?” Kwangmin spoke.

“I heard it was squid and something else,” Jeongmin replied, standing up. “Let's play rock, paper, scissors.”

The others looked at him. “Why?”

“Six of us get an eating buddy while the one gets to eat with no one.” Jeongmin smirked.

“Aish, oppa, don't get mean.” Yuri flicked his head. “What about the one who doesn't have a buddy can eat with the staff?” 

“Okay. Sounds good.” Kwangmin nodded. 

“ Kai-Bai-Bo!” Everyone yelled and showed their hands. Yuri and Jeongmin got paper while the others got rock. 

“WOOHOO!” Jeongmin and Yuri cheered and high-fived each other. 

“Kai-Bai-Bo!” The five remain and showed their hands. Youngmin and Kwangmin won by rock while Donghyun, Minwoo and Hyunseong lost by scissors. 

“YAAY! Brothers eat together!” Youngmin high-fived Kwangmin. “Last round!”

The three did it and Donghyun and Minwoo won, making Hyunseong eat with the staff. Hyunseong didn't really care, he was somewhat happy.



“So, how was your day?” Jeongmin asked, while gulping down his food.

“It was pretty good, I like seeing you guys practice.” Yuri replied. “It gives off this energetic feeling.” 

“I know what you mean,” Jeongmin smiled. He blinked and noticed something near the corner of . He took his hand and touched her cheek, wiping the access food from . “There was some soy bean paste.”

“A-ah, thanks.” Yuri nodded and continued eating.

“How long have you and Zelo had been together?” Jeongmin suddenly asked. “I mean, before you two broke up.”

“About three years, when I was fourteen and he was thirteen.” Yuri replied, drinking water. “We met in middle school, 3rd year.”

“Both of you?” 

“He skipped a grade, which explains a lot.” Yuri answered. 

“Uh, aren't you not allowed to date?” Jeongmin added. “Was it until you turned 18?”

“He wasn't even allowed to date until he turned 17,” Yuri repsonded. “So we decided to keep it a secret until my dad found out and his group. He didn't get mad or anything, but he said I shouldn't tell my mom or she'll flip.” 

“Ah.” Jeongmin nodded. “Was he your first kiss?”

“Oh no, I had it a year before I met him.” Yuri shook her head. 

“Do you remember who it was?” 

“Uuuhh,” Yuri dug deep into her memory. Who was my first kiss? “I don't remember.” 

“Ok,” Jeongmin said and a silence went between them. He cleared his throat and blurted out. “How did you feel of me kissing you back in the music room?”

Yuri glanced at him. “Huh?”

“The kiss, that we had. Remember?” Jeongmin said softly. 

“Oh...” Yuri blushed. “Yeah...”

“So... Are you okay with that?”

“Yeah, I don't mind skin ship. Unless its , hell no.” Yuri growled. “And . I'm saving it for marriage.” 

“Good girl,” Jeongmin smiled sweetly and patted her head lightly. “Do you really think I'm the romantic boyfriend?”

“You know what?” Yuri placed her plate down, feeling the wind blow on her hair. “Try and kiss me.”

Jeongmin's eyes were a little surprised. “Wait-why?” 

“Just pretend I'm your girlfriend and you want to kiss me. Let's see what happens.” Yuri winked and he nodded. Jeongmin closely leaned in slowly, making eye contact. He placed his hand on Yuri's cheek and the other grabbed her hand; his lips were about to touch but Yuri jerked back. 

“Mianhe, I had to jerk back, you do really give off the romantic boyfriend feeling.” Yuri laughed. She looked at Jeongmin. “Your actions looked like you wanted to kiss me so bad.” 

“Whaat?” Jeongmin's voice squeaked. “Pssh, no.” 

“I know you wanted too~” She sang. 

Jeongmin rolled his eyes. “Fine. If thats what you want.” He grabbed her and kissed her. “You said try and kiss you. So I did.” He angled his head ad kissed her again. “~Cause nothing can ever~ Ever replace you~” He sang sofly in her ear. 

“JEONGMIN OPPA!” Yuri blushed and slapped his arm. “AISH, I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT YOU ANYMORE!” She buried her face in her hands. “WHY WHY WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO ROMANTIC?” 

Jeongmin leaned back on the tree, smiling to himself beside a blushing Yuri. He gazed at her. “Because I am.” He touched her cheek with his thumb and caressed it. “You can't deny it.” 

Yuri stood up, brushing off the excess dried grass off her . “Let's go inside.”

Jeongmin smiled. 




a/n: hope you liked the chapter! Thanks for the subs/comments and yet, supporting this fanfic. Fighting!

Any Chanyeol/Kwangmin
fans? Please check out my new fanfic~